• Published 13th Mar 2019
  • 1,276 Views, 89 Comments

Bits, Pieces and other Scrapped Ideas - FoolAmongTheStars



A compilation of stories and ideas that didn't quite make it.

  • ...
2
 89
 1,276

In Which Sunburst Takes An Art Class

Author's Note:

Summary: The art class Sunburst, a college student majoring in engineering, is forced to take just brought in a familiar muse.

Warnings: Equestria Girls/College Universe, some descriptions of nudity, but otherwise a very fluffy piece.

Notes: Happy Valentines day! Have these two being adorable to celebrate this day.

He did not like this class.

He really didn’t, but his advisor said that taking a sketching class would strengthen his ability to draw schematics. Sunburst didn’t think there was anything wrong with his sketches in the first place, however—since he was on a scholarship—it was best for him to follow the suggestion.

So, here he was, in his thirteenth week of what was effectively a glorified art class.

This month’s project was to sketch a live muse chosen by the teacher herself Ms. Cadance. According to rumors, she was raised by a rich noblewoman and she majored in political science along with art history before working at Crystal University. Another rumor stated that she and Dr. Shining Armor, a Ph.D. in Psychology, were high school sweethearts and we’re getting it on after hours. But that’s another story. Sunburst opened his bag and took out his materials, pencils, and erasers, as he waited with the rest of the class for the muse to show up.

Many of his classmates were setting bets on whether Mr. Armor would walk in or not. He rolled his eyes and kept quiet. He adjusted the tripod easel to his stature, twisting the knobs and pushing the panes to accommodate the height and width of his sketch paper. As he finished securing the paper to the easel, the classroom door opened.

The person that walked in was much too short and thin to be Mr. Armor, in fact, it was a girl.

Her long purple hair was loose and covered most of her lower back, which swayed slightly with her every step, and he caught glimpses of turquoise hiding in her locks and underneath her beanie hat. She was dressed in tight grey jeans, with rips on her knees and going up to her upper thighs, and a dark green shirt with a black jacket slung over her shoulder. The girl’s black sneakers barely made a sound against the tile floor, she moved like she weighed no more than a feather. Her dark blue eyes looked over the room before they stopped on Sunburst. She smiled flirtatiously before turning away, leaving him awkwardly smiling in return.

She was one of those girls.

“Sorry I’m late, Mr. Armor wanted to go over my paper before I left.” Her voice cut through the silence like a knife as she threw her jacket onto an empty chair.

“That’s alright,” Ms. Cadance said before she turned to the class. “Ladies and gentlemen, this is Starlight Glimmer and she will be your muse for the month.”

She gave a mediocre salute in the direction of the students. “Nice to meet you guys, just call me Starlight.”

“She’s a Psychology major and has offered to help us for the month.”

Ms. Cadance motioned Starlight to move towards the platform in the middle of the circle of easels. Sunburst could feel the anticipation from those around him, especially the guys, who sat a little straighter as they watched Starlight step up to the platform.

“So, I just stand here and look good, right?” She asked.

The room erupted in laughter, except for a redhead in the back. His glorified art class just got even worse.

“Yes, Starlight. Just stand there and look pretty, start stripping as soon as you get comfortable.” The teacher said before moving back towards her own easel.

“Alright,” Starlight took off her hat and her shirt, throwing both items onto the chair over her jacket.

She was standing in a somewhat profile position towards him, which gave him a clear view of her chest and abdomen. He was glad he was sitting in the back; it was easier to hide the heat of his cheeks as he looked down at his blank canvas. She wasn’t like, supermodel thin, but it was clear that she took care of herself—or at least blessed with a good metabolism system since her stomach was flat and toned, the skin free of blemishes and looked smooth to the touch.

He looked up just in time for her to take off her bra, reaching behind her back and unclasping the garment in one graceful movement. Some of the guys gave appreciative mumbles while the girls simply scoffed. Starlight kicked off her shoes while undoing her pants and letting them fall to the floor, along with her black panties. The entire class had at least a bit of pink on their cheeks. She gathered her clothes and dumped them onto the chair before stepping up to the platform, taking a firm stance, and looked off towards the wall, as if she was trying to ponder the reason for its existence.

“You may begin,” Ms. Cadance instruction brought everyone back to the work at hand.

Sunburst stared at the muse. The angle she was standing in made it hard for him to see her lines clearly. He sighed and let his eyes roam. If he was going to do this, he was going to do this right.

He’d never drawn anyone from an ecarte position before, but there was a first time for everything. After drawing the basic outline, he started with her head. The girl certainly had some great bone structure, her expression was serious, but her dark blue eyes had a sparkle of mischief to them. He then moved to sketch her shoulders and neck. There was a lock of hair curling around her shoulder and draping over her clavicle, and he wondered how her skin would feel if he could just reach out and smooth that lock back behind her ear. He dismissed that idea with a shake of his head. Sunburst continued his way down as he sketched, capturing every detail—flaw and perfection—onto the paper, while being as fateful as possible to the original.

His brows knitted in concentration as he worked, he didn’t even glance at the clock as it ticked by, he was starting to work on her knees when Ms. Cadance placed a hand on his shoulder. Normally, a student would stop what they were doing to acknowledge her, however, Sunburst was so immersed in his work that he didn’t even feel the teacher’s touch. The redhead continued to sketch the purple-haired beauty in front of him and it wasn’t until Ms. Cadance cleared her throat that he snapped out of his trance.

The teacher smiled. “You’ve got quite the talent Mr. Zenith.”

He lowered his head as he blushed. “Umm…t-thanks.”

“Class is dismissed for today. I will collect your final draft on Friday.”

With that, all the students gathered their things and Miss Model stepped down from the platform and started dressing. Everyone bolted to the lunchroom, this left Sunburst in the room alone with the object of his most recent sketches. He quickly made his way to the door, despite him having trouble closing the zipper of his backpack, juggling his portfolio under his armpit and his pencil case between his teeth, he was uncomfortable with the idea of staying in the same room with her any longer.

Sunburst had grown up in an insanely small town, where the craziest thing you could do was to eat the hard bread that the baker made and not break your teeth in the process. Never in his life had he seen someone naked other than himself.

Well, that wasn’t entirely true. When he was younger, he would often bathe with his neighbor. He couldn’t have been older than eight at the time, and he can hardly recall those moments in the bathtub with…

As he reached for the doorknob, his jaw went slack. His pencil case and portfolio tumbled out of his grasp.

There’s no way that…

The sound of his belongings hitting the floor brought him back to reality. Cursing under his breath, he knelt down and picked up his pencils and papers. His portfolio was practically empty, as multiple drawings and sketches laid sprawled along the floor, forming a trail towards him. Frantically, he tried to stuff his most recent work into his folder, but before he could get to it, someone knelt down in front of him. She picked up one of the pages he was trying to hide, he looked at her from the top rim of his glasses.

How could he have missed it? Starlight Glimmer, his neighbor for seven years, his former best friend, his first crush. He used to bathe with her for crying out loud and have splash fights. Sunburst turned his head to hide the light blush on his cheeks. She definitely wasn’t the seven-year-old he had last seen all those years ago, she was all grown up now, tall and curvy in all the right places. She had been cute back then, but now she was the definition of gorgeous.

“These are amazing.” He heard her say.

“Thanks,” he mumbled taking the paper from her hand and stuffing it into his folder.

Sunburst stood up and went for the doorknob again. It would be for the best if he didn’t say anything. She probably didn’t remember him. It had been over ten years since they last saw each other.

“You signed it Zenith.”

“Yeah, that’s my last name.” He said, not looking at her.

“Your first name wouldn’t happen to be Sunburst, would it?”

He spun around to face her with wide eyes.

“I recognized you the second I walked in,” Starlight took a lock of her hair and twirled it nervously between her fingers. “You look great by the way.”

His shoulders relaxed. She might’ve changed on the outside, but she was the same goofball she was before.

“Well,” he placed a hand in the pocket of his star print jacket, suddenly more confident, “you’re not looking too bad yourself.”

They laughed in unison, the way they haven’t done in years.

“So…huh…do you have any lunch plans? I mean—it’s fine if you do! I just thought that maybe…we could go have lunch if you can…” She asked, avoiding his gaze.

The future engineer couldn’t help but laugh at the future psychologist’s rambles, but it was not out of disdain. If he didn’t laugh, he was sure he would grab her in a hug, because she was being too adorable for her own good.

“Relax Starlight, I don’t have any plans.” He reassured her with a smile.

He was supposed to meet up with his friend Stygian, but he was sure that the guy wouldn’t mind if he skipped out on just one lunch. The lie was worth the look on her face. Her eyes were wide and her grin even wider. She almost looked like she was glowing.

“I know this amazing café a few blocks down from campus. It has the best apple pie you will ever have the pleasure of tasting.”

“I can’t turn down apple pie, can I?”

“I think you might get arrested if you do.”

After catching up over lunch, exchanging numbers, and making plans to go out for a drink sometime, a thought occurred to him. Maybe this glorified art class wasn’t that bad after all.