• Published 13th Mar 2019
  • 1,239 Views, 85 Comments

Bits, Pieces and other Scrapped Ideas - FoolAmongTheStars



A compilation of stories and ideas that didn't quite make it.

  • ...
2
 85
 1,239

In Which Starlight Glimmer Wakes Up

Author's Note:

Summary: Starlight wakes up with two ponies cuddled up to her in her bed and no memory of the night before.

Warnings: Surprisingly, none.

A/N: Something with my OT3, there needs to be more fics with these three with all honesty.

Awareness came back to Starlight slowly. She was lying on her side, curled under blissfully warm blankets. Her whole body ached, as though she’d been at the receiving end of a nasty spell.

Again.

What happened? The last thing she remembered was going with Twilight and the others to investigate some strange incidents coming from the Everfree Forest, but this definitely felt like her bed. Starlight racked her brain to figure out anything else but was simply too tired to care.

She snuggled deeper into the warmth of the sheets and was almost back to sleep when the warmth shifted next to her.

Starlight jolted awake.

Part of the warmth she’d been curled up against moved away. Somepony had been in bed with her, she realized, and she had no clue who it was.

Slowly, Starlight pried her eyes open to see a pony standing by the window, wearing nothing. They had their back to her, and slowly her bleary vision dissipated and focused. They were too tall to be Twilight or any of her friends, their mane much too short and messy, but the carrot orange was strangely familiar. She debated whether or not to call out to them when they turned their head to the side.

Oh fiddlesticks.

She closed her eyes.

She opened them again.

Much to her dismay, Sunburst was still there.

Starlight’s heart sank to her stomach.

Sunburst turned around to the bed and smiled when their eyes met.

“Hey there, you awake?”

Oh fiddlesticks!

She tried to think of something, anything, that could possibly explain this, but between the hole in her memory and the soreness in her body, everything she came up with could be summed up in the words ‘not good’.

“Starlight?” he asked, getting a worried look on his face. He came back over to the bed, crouching in front of her.

“Starlight? Hey, are you alright?”

“Oh, sweet Celestia,” she whispered.

“What is it?” Sunburst put a hoof to her cheek, tilting her head to the side to look her in the eyes better.

“I swear it wasn’t me.”

“Starlight?”

“I swear I haven’t done a mind-control spell in ages.”

“What? Why would…”

He stifled a snicker.

“Oh Starlight, do you remember last night at all?”

“Huh…no?”

This time he laughed outright, looking almost…relieved?

“Well, I’m glad you’re getting a kick out of this Mr. Big and Important Wizard. You’re not the one who’s in trouble.”

“I assure you Starlight,” Sunburst said, resting his chin on his hoof. “What you think happened didn’t happen.”

“Then why aren’t you wearing your cape?”

“Because you threw up on him.”

Oh, right. That made sense…wait, what?

Starlight went stiff, realizing for the first time that the nice, comfortable, source of warmth pressed up against her back felt suspiciously like a mare’s barrel. From there she went on to note the very female hoof around her waist, and the very, very female voice breathing in her ear.

Sunburst laughed even harder, “That was mean Trixie. Oh, by Starswirl's beard, Starlight, the look on your face.”

Starlight levered herself up or tried to anyway. A sudden wave of vertigo struck her, and then she felt two sets of hooves steady her.

“Easy there, Star,” Trixie told her. She and Sunburst carefully leaned Starlight back against the head of the bed.

“You okay?”

“Um,” she looked back and forth between the two half-dressed ponies sitting on her bed, “Could somepony please explain to me what’s going on?”

Trixie shook her head, “You remember the trip to the Everfree forest?”

“Vaguely.”

“Yeah well, I don’t know all the details, but apparently the strange occurrence of this week was some sort of plant that release some sort of fear smell. You took a hit just before the others could take it out. You being you, told everypony that you were fine and left,” Trixie said, rolling her eyes.

“You then proceeded to disappear for the rest of the day,” Sunburst continued. “Twilight was really worried and looked all over the castle for you. Then Spike went looking for you in the basement…”

“And?” Starlight asked, not liking where this was going.

“And he found you inside of a magic shield, curled up into a little hyperventilating ball behind some boxes. Spike had to come and get us because you wouldn’t listen to him, even then it took us half an hour to calm you down enough for you to lower your shield.”

Oh.

That explained why they were each giving her a look. Trixie looked like she wanted to smack her, and Sunburst seemed one step away from hugging her.

“After that, we got you up to your room. Which is when you threw up on me.”

Starlight winced. “Sorry Sunburst. Though, that still doesn’t explain why you were both in my bed.”

“After we got everything cleaned up, I tried to get you to sleep, but you completely freaked out on me. You refused to calm down unless Sunburst and I were close by so…” Trixie shrugged. “That was that.”

“Sorry for all this you two.”

Sunburst sighed, “Sorry for scaring the living daylights out of us, or sorry for not being more concerned with your own welfare? Wait, don’t answer that.”

Starlight hung her head.

“I’d say just don’t let it happen again, but considering who I’m talking to, I’ll just have to settle for thanking the stars that you’re okay,” he said, kissing her temple.

“Alright,” Trixie said, as she got out of bed, “I don’t know about you, but the Great and Powerful Trixie is famished! I wonder what kind of Royal breakfast we can find in this place, or should Trixie say lunch?” She added after sneaking a glance at the clock.

“Sounds good,” Starlight replied, starting to follow her.

“Oh no you don’t,” Sunburst gently shoved her back down. “Trixie will get the food. You are staying right here in bed where I can keep an eye on you.”

“But—”

“No buts. If you think after last night that I’m letting you out of my sight, you’ve got another thing coming.”

“Just nod and say, ‘Yes Sunburst’. It makes life so much easier,” Trixie told her, giving her friend a one-hoof hug.

Sunburst shooed her away. “Food. Now.”

“Yes, Sunburst.”

Starlight giggled at their antics and leaned back against the headboard.

“I don’t deserve you two,” she whispered.

“Well too bad,” Sunburst whispered back, pulling her into a warm embrace, “Because you’re stuck with us.”