• Published 23rd Mar 2019
  • 1,800 Views, 144 Comments

The BAD luck of my LIFE - Spirit Lunar



The story of a young Englishman (Anon) who came to live in France and had the misfortune to come across an old fallen lord. He will eventually become a young filly get adopted under the watchful eye of that who is believed to be his imaginary friend.

  • ...
15
 144
 1,800

Chapter 24 / Part1 : A time for choices

"Who are you?" Dinky asked in total fear as she clung to me in the face of the evil pegasus' smirks.

"This is none of your business. Get lost!" Dear Damage shouted.

Dinky immediately began to run as fast as she could to the laughter of the group.

As she passed by one of the pegasi that surrounded us, he nonchalantly tripped her. The poor filly's head hit the ground hard as she began to sob.

"Stop!" I said. "Leave her alone!"

"Because you thought she could just leave like that when you're friends? Wrong answer." Dear Damage said mockingly.

Another pegasus pushed Dinky back into the center of the circle he was forming around us.

"What the hell do you want?" Littlenight asked nervously.

"What do we want? Look what Anon did to my wing!" Said Dear Damage as he unfolded his wing, which I had bitten off with all my might, now covered in bandages. "By her fault, I can't fly for the Wonderbolts selection!"

"Wow! You sure didn't miss it." Littlenight sighed.

"I... It wasn't as bad as I remember."

"I don't give a shit what it was like in your memories!" Spat Dear Damage, glaring at me in a way I didn't like at all. "But don't worry, I know how I'll teach you to behave. Right, guys?"

To which a few giggles and perverse smiles erupted among the group in approval.

"Anon, I'm scared," Dinky whispered in my ear between sobs.

I turned around to see the worried face of my two friends. There was no way they were going to be involved in this. It was my fault and my only my fault.

"It's a pity we haven't taught you politeness yet Dear Damage!" I said, challenging him with my eyes.

"You're talking to me, you little pest! I'm going to..." Not listening to the rest of the insult, I quickly threw my shock collar at his hooves, hoping it would work.

"What the..." As I hoped, a huge mass of foam cut his sentence short and completely doused him and two other pegasuses next to him with some sort of pink fire foam.

I took advantage of the general astonishment and fled, shouting:

"Catch me if you can, you jerks!"

The rest of the group of pegasus took off like a cloud from the ground and went after me, leaving Littlenight and Dinky to run away.

I sprinted as fast as I could, using the crowds in some parts of the party to try to lose my pursuers.

Soon, some of them went back in the other direction to help Dear Damage who was still blocked by the moss, while others landed on the ground to look for me in the crowd.

Panting, I stopped somewhere in the middle of a crowd of foals and fillies excited as if on Christmas Day at all the attractions. It reminded me of the funfair atmosphere of my childhood.

But I had no time to think about that, I had to lose my pursuers. My breathing calmed down a little, I set off again as fast as I could when I saw some pegasus coming towards me.

For lack of a better hiding place, I sprinted towards the labyrinth hoping to find an adult to protect me.

Alas, as luck was not on my side, I saw none. Where was that bitch Spoiled Rich when you needed her?

Reluctantly entering the labyrinth, praying that they hadn't seen me, I soon noticed that the labyrinth had a certain coldness about it, despite the sun still shining and its vegetal appearance. The walls were so high about my height that I now had to bend my neck to see the top.

This somewhat excessive height blocked out much of the light and left the corridors in a constant semi-darkness. This one reminded me of that famous maze in the fourth Harry Potter series that I had seen with my brother and his first girlfriend at the cinema when I was only fourteen. Why was I thinking about this now?

"She's over here," shouted a stallion somewhere not far from me, cutting my thoughts short.

So I went further and further into the labyrinth, taking to right, then left, left again, and right...
After a quarter of an hour of running left and right, I was now pretty sure that I had lost them. However, there was still a small problem, I had lost my way. Only the sound of my footsteps could be heard, the noise of the festivities having been lost in the distance for a while now.

An almost paranormal coolness emanated from this place, which became colder and darker as I moved forward in an increasingly hazardous manner.

"This time you will not escape me!" shouted a voice from the sky.

But before I could even lift my head, a huge weight fell on me, pinning me to the ground as four other pegasi descended from the sky around me, blocking any further escape.

"Please," I yelped as my head became full of dirt.

"Open your mouth and eat the delicious dirt!" Dear Damage commanded as he now lay on my back, pulling my mane to force me to eat.

"Stop, please."

"That's enough!" Shouted a small filly whose eyes and bright red coat did not look good to me.

The group of pegasus looked at the newcomer in amazement before laughing out loud at her pint size similar to mine, she didn't look like a threat.

"You'd better get back home quick before we make you eat dirt too!" Replied the big pegasus on my right.

"He's right, you better hurry up and get the hell out of here before we get to you."

The filly smiled more and more wildly:

"To tell you the truth, I was hoping for this answer." She said as she approached us while licking her lips.

"Scary." Clamored the only mare in the pegasus group.

"Don't worry Star Love, I'm sure Tornado, Hoorigan, and Sky Lord can handle a psycho filly. Right, guys?"

The three pegasus stallions nodded unanimously before walking resolutely towards the filly. The latter stopped:

"I surrender." She now said sheepishly.

The three of them looked at her astonished before turning to Dear Damage to question him with their eyes.

But before he could answer anything, the filly quickly pounced on the first pegasus and tugged at his mane so hard that he let out a shrill cry.

The second, who happened to be the big stallion, grabbed her hind hooves and pulled her out of the first's grip with all his might.

However, seeing an opportunity, she suddenly let go and took advantage of it to throw a magnificent back hoof blow in the stallion's face, sending him spinning a few steps away despite his stoutness.

"That's it, I'm still waiting!" she sang.

"You'll pay for this!" Spat the last pegasus still standing.

"Well said!" Said Dear Damage, who was shaking above me.

Without another word, the pegasus lunged at the red filly and threw a dozen successive blows, but the red fury was faster. She grabbed one of his hooves and blocked it, forcing him to be carried, and with a huge headbutt, she ended the fight. Dear Damage who had witnessed the scene as I had, now seemed to be baffled.

Taking advantage of the fact that his mind was elsewhere, I abruptly disengaged myself from his hold by knocking him to the side.

The purple pegasus mare named Star Love, whom I now suspected of being his girlfriend, hurried to pick him up and with the help of the ailing pegasus, they flew off with him.

Not for a moment did he take his eyes off me in the manner of a silent promise. We are not finished yet.

"How I love that smell," said the little filly, who came up to me with a black eye from a blow she had failed to parry earlier. "Do you know the smell of it? It's the one of victory, anger, and humiliation."

"I prefer the vanilla scent. Lord Hatred I suppose?"

"You're getting more and more sarcastic, I like that! And yes, that's me. Otherwise, apart from the fact that I've saved you from another trauma that could have easily spanned seven chapters, I wanted to tell you that I've almost finished the preparations."

"Preparations?"

"You'll see in due course, my dear. For now, you really should take a bath. You look like one of those creatures that like to roll around in the mud. What's it called again? Anyway, bye." And with that last hint, he disappeared.


Well, on the bright side, I was rid of my pursuers for the moment. There was only one thing left to do, get out of here. But how? I had been walking for a good hour and there was still no way out. If only I could hear the sounds of the party.

No, nothing but walls and more and more corridors. The shadows became bigger and bigger as the sun went down in the sky, so much so that it was almost possible to make out the first stars in the sky.

Suddenly, breaking me out of my thoughts, eardrum-piercing screams of terror sounded behind me.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

The three older fillies I had met some time ago stood together and stared at me.

"What?" I said defensively.

"Anon, is that you?" Said the orange pegasus as she flew cautiously towards me.

"Of course, why? Don't you recognize me?"

"Let's just say..." Began the one whose name I vaguely remembered as beginning with Apple.

"It's a bit difficult to recognize you under all that mud." Finished the unicorn behind her.

"Really?" I said in surprise.

"No, no, don't worry, everything is fine. You just need a good bath to get rid of all that mud, that's all." Said the orange filly, glancing at Sweetie Belle who seemed to realize something I didn't.

"Yes, it's not so bad. Besides, it's not like we mistook you for the monster mud pony we saw the movie of last night when Applejack told us not to."

"Never," said Apple I don't know what, arching the best fake smile at me. "It was a little scary though, wasn't it, girls?"

"Sure." Said the unicorn, nodding gravely.

"Stop talking nonsense, girls! That horror movie was really bad. I saw one with my parents where it was about a headless pony who wore a mega scary mask and scared ponies into his abandoned castle in the middle of the woods."

"Remind me Apple Bloom to never watch that movie."

"Duly noted. But Scootaloo, how can the headless pony wear a mask since he has no head?"

"Well actually..."

"Excuse me, would you know where the exit is?" I asked, hardly wishing to linger here listening to horror stories.

"That way!" They said, each pointing to a different path.

"Oh," said Sweetie Belle. "I think we're lost."

"And back to square one," I thought.


"So Anon, how are things with your new parents? Is Blueblood nice? Rarity kept telling me he's just a jerk."

"I don't know, it's special. They're so nice and understanding to me that it makes me uncomfortable. For Blueblood, I don't know what to tell you, he's awkward in his feelings but I think he's pretty nice."

"What? Why do you feel uncomfortable if your parents are nice? You should be happy." Scootaloo asked perplexed.

"I don't know, it's a package deal I guess."

After a moment's silence, Apple Bloom continued:

"Anyway, if you and your family ever want to eat at the farm, there's no problem."

"Thank you Apple Room, that's very kind.

"It's Apple Bloom."

"Oops, sorry."

"Look at the exit!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

I looked up and saw the light at the end of the long corridor we were in.

"Thank you, Celestia, we're finally done with this damned maze! Scootaloo said as she picked up her trot.

"Hey, wait for us!"

Scootaloo turned and stuck her tongue out at us before running off.

"Wait until we get you!" shouted Sweetie Belle as she ran after Scootaloo, followed by Apple Bloom who was laughing as she followed them.

I didn't want to run, I just wanted to have a nice bath and collapse on a soft bed.

When I came out, the light hurt my eyes at first, it was so dark in this labyrinth that my eyes were not used to so much light.

Nevertheless, I could make out the three fillies running between the different attractions of the party until they disappeared behind one of them. This made me smile even though I felt I had been forgotten.

As I walked at a tired trot towards the mansion, I noticed that everyone seemed to be looking at me, making me feel uncomfortable. Some of them were even beginning to whisper to each other as they pointed at me with their hooves.

Then I saw Spoiled Rich. This one was walking straight at me, which did not bode well at all.

"What the hell is this!" She said, pointing at me with a disgusted expression.

"What? Me?"

"No, not you. All that dirt on your coat. Did you roll around in the mud or something?"

"Oops, sorry," I said more out of reflex than conviction.

"What a dirty little girl! And to think that my husband kept pestering me all afternoon to give you a second chance. I now consider it done. Go to our bathroom right now, I don't want your parents to cry foul when they see you coming home in that state!"

Mute between shame and anger, I nodded and headed back to the mansion at a run, leaving Spoiled to return to her daughter.

"Anon!" shouted two voices that I recognized well.

It was the voices of Littlenight and Dinky looking for me. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned in the direction of the voices. When they saw me, they rushed towards me. Littlenight stuck to me despite the mud:

"Anon, there you are at last. We didn't know where you were so we looked all over the party and were about to go to the adults for help when we heard some of the colts and fillies saying they saw you full of mud when they came out of the maze."

"I... I had a lot of trouble getting rid of them but this is nothing, I just need to wash up. And you, are you all right?"

"I think so," said Dinky still in shock. "But we should talk to some adults."

"I guess so," I said with a sigh. "But I think they'll end up not letting me out at all."

"That's not fair, it's not your fault Dear Damage is a jerk who wants revenge," Littlenight replied as we now trotted back to the mansion altogether.

"It's not just that, it's my seizures."

"But you don't remember anything when you have your seizures?" Dinky asked me.

"No." I lied.

"It must be horrible," she whispered. "And could you hurt us during a seizure?"

"Dinky!" Littlenight hissed. "Don't ask questions like that!"

"Sorry," she said. "It's just that it scares me a bit."

"Don't worry, I promise not to hurt you."

"Thank you Anon, you're so kind," Dinky said as she kissed me on the cheek.

"You're welcome."

Now all that was left was to figure out how to make sure this never happened.


"... And all you have to do is press this button to turn off the jet that feeds the bathwater. I would like to point out to Mrs. Anon that the water is already perfumed with the pink scent. Any questions?"

"So cool," Littlenight exclaimed behind my back.

"No, I'm fine," I replied.

"In that case, I hope you have a nice bath," the butler said as he closed the door to the now empty bathroom, my friends waiting for me in the living room.

Even Rich's bathroom exuded luxury. From the gold faucets set with engravings to the beautiful cloud-white tiles. Not to mention the walls, which were so bright black that they made me feel unworthy of the place.

What's more, this space was the size of our living room. All the facilities here were duplicated. The butler had told me that one part was suitable for children and the other for adults because of the size differences. And it was true that it was a good idea. For once since I was in this world, objects were proportionate to my size.

"Get a grip Anon, this is no time to be admiring a bathroom!" My brain shouted at me.

With that, I headed for the bathtub of my size that the butler had mentioned earlier. And, following the instructions, I pressed the button and was submerged, as the hot water came out of the tap, with a delicate rose smell.

Then, stepping into the tub, I felt the hot water pour over me, taking with it the mud that had stuck to my coat until my green color came out.

Soon my muscles relaxed completely and a feeling of well-being ran down my spine. How nice it felt!

Now free of the mud that was sticking to me everywhere, I plugged the drain of the bath and enjoyed the water lazily running up my body as I liked to do. Suddenly, just as I was letting myself go, there was a knock at the door.

Instinctively, I reached for the towel that hung from the bath when I remembered that I had always been naked since I became a pony.

"Yes?" I said. "You can come in."

"And I thank you for this." The person replied before entering.

The door opened to reveal Lord Fear walking into the room with a large bouquet of pink and red flowers.

Just as I was about to scream, he put a finger on my nose.

"Anon, wait! I wanted to apologize for what happened at the hospital. I feel terrible and I wanted to give you this bouquet of red flowers as a sign of peace. Red is the color of forgiveness."

"No, red is not the color of forgiveness and peace. It is the color of passion."

"Ah, I knew I should have asked the florist. I apologize again." He said as the flowers became multicolored. "At least this way I won't get confused about the meaning. So what do you think, is it better?"

"It's special," I replied as I looked at the bouquet. "What do you want from me?"

"To apologize as I said. And I have a very tempting proposition to make to you by way of apology."

"And what is this proposal?" I asked suddenly even more suspicious.

"How about becoming my champion?"

There was a short silence.

"I have to admit I wasn't expecting this."

"I know it may seem confusing, but I assure you there are tremendous benefits to it."

"What are they?"

"Getting your old body back, for example," he said casually, waiting to see if I would take the bait.

"Really?"

"Have I ever lied to you? Did you not see your brother last time as promised?"

"Indeed, although it didn't go very well."

"And I had nothing to do with it."

"I suppose so. All right, I admit I'd like my body back. Now, tell me what the catch is?"

"I wouldn't lie to you and say that it will certainly be dangerous. But is it any more dangerous than being Lord Hatred's puppet?"

"I suppose not."

"Then it is yes?"

"More like a maybe. Can I have time to think about it?"

"Of course, but don't take too long. It would be a shame to let such an opportunity pass.

"By the way, why did you choose me? I can hardly fight."

He stared at me for a moment to see if I was before deciding to answer:

"Barely fight? You've destroyed robots, cave monsters, and even ghostly mercenaries trained by a unicorn necromancer and you say you can't fight? I've never seen someone who can't fight do what you do. So with a little practice, I imagine I could make you a champion worthy of my name."

"Training? Are you going to train me?"

"Only if you accept my proposal. Don't you want to have power like King Sombra?" But before he could tell me more, the watch on his wrist beeped, "Oops, looks like it's already time for my self-defense class, bye. Think carefully about my proposal." He said before disappearing.

As I took note to see who this King Sombra was, Lord Fear, reappeared for a brief second before disappearing:

"Just one more thing Anon, you really should turn off the water," he said, pointing to the water that was dripping onto the tiles and now coming out under the bathroom door.

At the same time, Spoiled Rich's scandalized voice could be heard from the living room.

"My rugs!"

I was now sure I would have one more problem on my hands before the day was out.



Littlenight

"You should go, childrens, Anon won't be back soon. I have to talk to her and her parents about what happened to my wife's rugs."

"But it's not her fault," I protested. "She had nothing to do with it."

"In that case, who should I charge for all the liters of perfumed water that spilled on my wife's expensive and luxurious rugs, most of which, I might add, is nearly two hundred years old?"

"I don't know," I replied sheepishly, bowing my head.

"That's what I thought. With that, I wish you a good end of the day. Said Mr.Rich before closing the door in front of our muzzle."

"Shall we go?" Dinky asked from beside me, to which I nodded.

During the ride, neither she nor I spoke. I just stared at the darkening landscape along the road, thinking of Anon, Dinky seemed to be doing the same.

"Have a nice evening!" Dinky said before looking at me puzzled. "Are you alright? We're here you know." She said as she pointed to the door of my house.

"Sorry, I guess I was somewhere else. Have a good night Dinky!" I said.

"Thanks, you too."

Turning my wrist and entering, I nevertheless took one last look outside before closing the door. Nothing.

"How was the party, darling?" Mum asked from the kitchen as the delicious smell of berry pie wafted through the air.

"It was great," I said. "There was a huge buffet, lots of stalls with great games run by the stallions we rescued when they had a problem with their cart. And then Anon gave me this!" I said triumphantly as I revealed the huge stuffed animal sitting on my back.

Mum took a quick look at the fluffy creature.

"What a beautiful stuffed animal. I'm sure you must be thrilled. I hope you thanked her at least?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Of course I did, Mum. What kind of fool do you take me for?"

"I was just asking if you had done it. But I'm glad to see you thought of it."

"Is Daddy home?" I asked, looking for signs of him. "I'd like to show him my stuffed animal."

"Not yet," Mum replied, looking at the clock. "But he should be back soon. Just take the stuffed animal up to your room and show him after dinner."

"Okay."

As I took the huge, fluffy creature up to my room, Mum asked me:

"And nobody bothered you?"

I cringed as the words left my mouth but I didn't want to spoil the evening with my problems as Dad was about to come home for the first time in a week:

"No Mum. I stayed with Anon and Dinky throughout the party and no one said anything means to me."

I went into my room and put the stuffed animal in the corner of the room. Then I got out my drawing materials and started to draw me, Anon and Dinky at the party when a few minutes later I heard someone come home. It was Dad, I thought.

I rushed down the stairs and jumped right on top of Dad, still in his silver armor.

"Hello, my little one!" He said as he grabbed me in a big hug that he had a secret for. "How was your week?"

"Great," I replied.

"He's still got a crush on that little filly!" Said Mum from the kitchen.

"Mum!" I exclaimed with an embarrassed blush.

"If you like that filly so much, why don't you tell her that you love her?" Dad asked me as he took off his armor.

"I'm afraid she'll tell me she doesn't love me."

"But why wouldn't she love the cutest foal in the world?" Mum added intending to embarrass me further.

"Mum, stop it!"

"Your mother is right, you'd have to have no taste to find you adorable."

And before I could protest, Dad threw himself on top of me and tickled me:

"Sneak attack!"


The fun and dinner over, I was on my way to bed when Mom called me from the living room:

"Don't forget to brush your teeth, my littlepip."

"And the canines!" Dad added.

"Yes, Mum. Yes, Daddy." I said in a bored tone. I didn't like brushing my teeth, it always left a weird taste.

When I had finished my bathroom tour and my teeth were now sparkling like a star, I started to go back downstairs to ask for my evening kisses when I heard their voices:

"...If you won't do it for me, do it for him. Even if he doesn't say anything, I can see that it saddens him not to see his father as often as he would like."

"I understand, but what do you want me to do? I can't give up my job as a daytime moon guard in Canterlot when I'm not far from a raise."

"Shadow Dash, I hate to tell you this but you're going to have to choose between your family and your job!"

"You know it's not that simple. Why don't we move to Canterlot? You could open a gym of your own and Littlenight could get into the best schools in the country."

"Littlenight has all his friends here and we can't afford to live in the capital anyway."

"Maybe if you took a full-time job..."

"We've already discussed this. I want to be there for Littlenight for at least the first ten years of his life."

"I know. But you think I enjoy spending all day away from you. I'd like to spend more time with our son too. But we have to bring the money home!"

"I'll bring some back too!"

"You know very well what I mean.

"That's enough, I don't want to talk to you anymore! I'm going to tuck Littlenight in."

I heard Mum stand up and froze when she saw me with tears in my eyes on the stairs:

"Littlenight..."

I ran back to my room as fast as I could.


I was in the dark. Mum and Dad had tried to talk to me about what I had heard earlier but nothing had helped, I had refused to listen, to hear them. The truth is that Mum and Dad were fighting and didn't love each other anymore. It tore my heart out.

Every time I calmed down and went back to sleep, I was awakened from my sleep by terrible nightmares. To reassure me, I slowly got up and looked at my reflection in the mirror.

It was all there. I still had my father's mane and my mother's eyes. Nothing had changed.

Yet the argument between Mum and Dad continued to echo in my head like a ringing bell with no off button.

My eyes stared at the giant stuffed animal that Anon had so kindly given me. I'd have to be braver and go see it, I thought.



Anon

I sighed heavily as I heard what was going on in the living room next to me. Filthy Rich had wanted to talk to my parents after the party to talk to them, he said. However, their discussion soon degenerated into an argument.

"You don't have to talk about my daughter that way!"

"I speak of your daughter as I wish. That little savage ruined the rugs my wife cared about so much."

"And she's not even your daughter," added Spoiled Rich in a tone I didn't like at all.

"Anon is our daughter, Mrs. Rich, whether you consider it so or not, and I wouldn't let some uptight bourgeoisie tell me otherwise!"

"Uptight bourgeois?" Spoiled nearly choked.

"I would ask you to speak in a different tone of voice about my wife."

"I don't need any lessons from a carrot-addicted peasant!"

"I think a viper like you had better shut up. Anon told me what you said to him about his biological parents, it's abominable!"

I looked at the water on the corridor floor again, trying to think of something else. Why am I so stupid?

"What an argument, my ancestors! It's been a long time since I've heard one like this."

"Well, at least it's done."

Lord Hatred stood next to me, carefully avoiding stepping on the tile floor still wet from the bathwater.

"You seem upset, is something wrong?"

"I'm tired, it's late and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a big punishment as well as being scolded so yeah I'm not in the mood!"

"Don't worry, your Lord Hatred is here with you. I know I haven't taken care of you enough lately but that's over, I'll have more time now."

I turned to him, what to say? I was torn between shouting in rage and frustration.

"Relax, it's okay." He said, seeing me two hooves away from imploding.

Finally, I calmed down. What was the point? I couldn't even kill him, and as much as I hated to admit it, it was my fault anyway.

"Tell me Lord Hatred, why can't my life be peaceful even in this world when you are not here?"

"Good question and I will gladly answer it if you answer mine. Will you say yes to Lord Fear?"

"To what?"

"Don't play innocent, I know about your little chat. What will you say to him?"

"What should I say?"

In any case, even if I said yes to Lord Fear's proposal, I'm sure Lord Hatred would make me regret the day I was born.

"Do what you want," he replied with a shrug. "The decision is yours, I wouldn't get involved anyway."

"Really?" I replied in surprise.

He nodded.

"But you won't kill me if I agree?

"No holds barred. I just wish I knew your answer.

"But why are you doing this, I thought you told Lord Fear that I belonged to you and..."

"That was before."

I was puzzled.

"Are you sure you won't kill me if I accept his offer?

"Yes, I'm sure. And you, are you sure you'll be able to face the responsibilities that will come with it?"

"I don't know yet, I have to think about it."

The shouts of the argument grew louder:

"I swear that if you continue like this, I will personally ask my aunts to turn you into stone!" Blueblood snarled.

"Threats! Threats! How dare you pretend to be a prince and make threats under our roof!" Spoiled Rich replied angrily.

"You're a lucky filly if you don't end up with at least one dead body in this story." Chuckled the red lord as he appeared to be slightly taller than before. "Now, let's get down to business."

"What business?"

As if to answer me, a gateway to an ominous-looking forest appeared behind me.

"Don't worry, I've asked someone to explain what you need to do."

"Aren't you coming?"

"No, now go!" He said, pushing me carelessly into the gate.


I fell back face down into the forest on the other side. Behind me, the gate disappeared.

Great, I thought. I find myself alone in a forest in the middle of the night.

"Anon? Anon?" Shouted an indistinct voice.

"Yes?" Please let this be the person Lord Hatred told me about.

A shadow shot down from the sky like an arrow, landing only a few feet from me. It was a pegasus, and I seemed to recognize it.

"Anon, you are here at last!" She exclaimed, hugging me tightly.

She was wearing a ridiculous military camouflage uniform that partially concealed the white color of her coat.

"Flower Cloud!"

"Congratulations, you remember my name. You're doing better than my office mates."

"Is that you?"

"Of course it is. Why don't you recognize me?"

"I..." But she clamped a shoe over my mouth before I could answer.

"Don't say any more, the clothes, I know. Believe me, it wasn't me who chose it."

"But... what are you doing here?"

I said, still trying to integrate the information.

"The same as you, I suppose. I'm obeying Lord Hatred."

This time my brain was frying.

"Otherwise," she said to change the subject. "Put this on." She said, almost throwing two pair of boots at my face. "When it's done, join me."

"Wait!" But already the mare was riding off into the darkness.

"Great," I muttered. "Just arrived, already abandoned."

I stared at the muddy boots for a moment and looked back at the path where Flower Cloud had gone. What was waiting for me where we were going?

Author's Note:

Lord Hatred:
"If hell is paved with good intentions then why am I so perfect?" ;)