• Published 23rd Mar 2019
  • 1,800 Views, 144 Comments

The BAD luck of my LIFE - Spirit Lunar



The story of a young Englishman (Anon) who came to live in France and had the misfortune to come across an old fallen lord. He will eventually become a young filly get adopted under the watchful eye of that who is believed to be his imaginary friend.

  • ...
15
 144
 1,800

Chapter 20 : Convalescence and shadow play

The darkness... Always the darkness. I drifted for hours, nights, entire lives in that darkness. I didn't know how I got there or even how to get out. Time stretched on and on and the insidious question remained: Should I have accepted death? But one thing pulled me towards a new light, I felt that I could no longer breathe!

I began to feel my body struggling again without my being able to do anything. My lack of air seemed to animate it, just as my mind seemed to be gradually coming out of its torpor.

Yet, despite the imminent danger, I felt like a spectator in my own body, unable to control it.

Suddenly, to my great surprise, I felt my head rise as a violent pain exploded in my chest. My eyes opened on their own, and I discovered that I was on an operating table surrounded by four unicorn-like doctors staring at me worriedly.

It was in a very erratic voice that I asked:
"Where am I?"

To answer my question, the doctors began to make little cries of joy. I repeated my question, but the only answer I got was a mask with a brief excuse from one of the doctors who covered my muzzle.

The gas which seeped into the mask soon sent me back to the realm of dreams where sunflowers were singing and dancing macabrely around a mask filled with a dark metal halo.


"Celestia, I was so scared! I'm so happy you're alright. I'm so sorry, Anon."

Blueblood had been crying at my bedside for a good five minutes now, which was starting to seriously bother me.

"What you did was extremely dangerous," said Carrot Top, who was the pony who found me in the rain and terrible shape.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Sorry won't cut it, Anon," Princess Luna said as she walked through the door. "Anon, you have to be able to defeat your inner demons!"

"My inner demons? " I asked, stunned.

"Yes, while you were asleep, I saw the darkness in your heart as I used to when I was Nightmare Moon. But don't worry, I asked Twilight and her friends if they could heal the wounds in you."

"What?"

"With the elements of harmony, Anon," Blueblood said in a small voice.

"The harmonic elements are powerful relics capable of purging the evil that plagues Equestria. "Carrot Top elaborated further.

"I don't want to be purged," I said, huddling in the blanket of my hospital bed.

"Anon," said the yellow mare as she lay on my bed. "I can promise you the elements don't hurt. They just help the ponies that are suffering."

"Don't have fear, Anon. I know the effect of the elements of harmony because I've been helped by them before. It will make you feel better about yourself. Now rest. I'm sure you still need rest."

Then as Luna left my room with her royal appearance, Blueblood looked at me and spoke despite her dry throat:

"You know, Anon, I can understand you hating me after what happened, and I'm truly sorry. Carrot Top helped me understand and I'll do anything to make it up to you! "He burst into tears again.

Carrot Top smiled at me despite the apparent tiredness on her face and took Blueblood with her so that I could rest. For some reason, I went back to sleep again soon after.


I woke up much later in what I imagined to be the night because of the darkness that dominated the room. An insistent chewing noise dominated the small hospital room. It was as if someone was chewing something in my ear, which was very irritating.

And as I turned my head in the direction of the noise, I could discern, despite the apparent lack of light, a mare with a white coat and azure eyes eating nonchalantly next to me, sitting on a chair, a kind of chocolate packet. At the same time, I noticed that this mare had a long, smooth blond mane that reached down to the ground.

The mysterious mare who still had the muzzle in her chocolate bag didn't seem to notice that I was no longer sleeping, but I was taking advantage of the time to think. Who could that be?

"I know you're not asleep."

I was freezing in bed.

"Just a few seconds ago, you were still snoring like a herd of buffalo!"

Despite her undiplomatic remark, it was true that she had unmasked me. Discovered, I, therefore, turned to my speaker who looked at me with a reproving look in her eyes.

"What's that?"

"I just expected more from a prince's filly. Anyway, my name is Flower Cloud, and your foal-sitter temporary... Celestia, if they'd told me that one day I'd be done with this!"

"Why does it bother you?"

"Why does that bother me? Do you think having to take care of a filly is my dream, my passion? No, I'd rather do something more interesting with my life!"

I watched her dubiously plunge her elegant white snout into the chocolate packet until it came out all brown.

"So you eat chocolate alone in the dark in the middle of the night?"

"I'm asking you about it?! If you want to know everything, it's hard for me. And I'd like to point out that it's sentimental, so don't imagine that I'm normally begging for money outside. I'm an important mare!"

"Okay," I nodded before returning to a sleeping position with little more to say.

"What? You don't ask me a lot of questions and you don't even want to know how a mare like me got to this point and because of whom?"

"I don't even know what you do for a living!"

"I'm a financial operator."

"What's that?" I asked curiously.

"A job where friends are scarce," she sighed.

"Don't you have any friends?"

"No, let's just say I'm not interesting enough to have friends unlike the new princess of friendship. I heard you moved in with her for a while, I'm sure you're friends?"

"I don't know if "friend" is the right word, but we're cordial even when she's talking behind my back."

"I was sure it was too good to be true! What did she say about you?"

"I needed to play sports."

The mare's eyes soften a little.

"I've been through this too. At first, it may seem hard but if you hold on and don't let go, you'll get through it. As for the others, I know that it may seem important but you have to know how to detach yourself from it."

"You've been through this, too? But you're very thin..."

"That appearances can be deceiving. I was a little chubby, like you. I even had great difficulty taking off from the ground when I was young and that made me feel very complex."

"But what happened?"

"When I became a teenager, I refined myself. The sport played too, I guess."

"I hope I don't stay like I am all the way of my life," I say, looking back on my singular situation.

"I know it's hard right now, but I'm sure everything will work out."

"Can I ask you a question?" I was unsure, but I needed it.

"What is it about?"

"Can I be your friend?"

"I, uh... I don't know. "The mare seemed hesitant about those next words. "But if this is what you want, then it's okay. Are you hungry?"

"I am a bit."

"I'll go get you a sandwich then. Just stay here and don't move under any circumstances, otherwise... we won't be friends anymore."

So the elegant Flower Cloud took the door and left me alone with me. Why did I ask her to be my friend? What's the matter with me?

"Anon, can we talk?"

Lord Hatred was standing on the left side of my bed.

"Only if it's a question of getting into my world and with my body."

"You know, my first question was just a polite greeting. You don't have any choice."

"What do you want from me? " Did I sigh.

"Lord Fear is trying to corrupt you."

"Corrupt me?"

Suddenly, Lord Fear appeared on the other side of my bed.

"Don't listen to him!"

"Anon, if Lord Fear is as... sympathetic as he is to you, it's because you serve his cause."

"His cause? What's going on here?"

"Lord Fear is using you to convince you to join him."

"And how is that bad?" I replied a bit rebellious.

"Yes, how is that bad, Lord Hatred? "Asked Lord Fear innocently.

"You are mine! Mine, do you hear?! And that is not the day my source of Fear's magic will take her!"

"A fine example of stoicism, Lord Hatred, but perhaps I should add that you're in no position to lecture me on morality. For it is not I who trespass on other people's lives. I saw this world first."

"So what? With all the time you've had, you still haven't been able to do anything. Unless your ultimate goal is to watch cute little ponies get on with their lives?"

"Go to another world with Anon if you care so much about her, but leave this world to me. He's only looking at me!"

" You know very well that this world and what is most likely to provoke such absurd hatred in a man who claims to be as virile as Anon. "

" In that case, my world, my rules!"

"You wouldn't dare! Me, your friend all my life."

"True, but the joker is exhausted and being more powerful than you, I advise you to choose quickly."

Lord Hatred landed drastically on the chair, which was struggling to hold its weight, while the chair seemed to be in the intense reflection. Turning his head at times, staring at me as if he were evaluating I don't know what.

He nodded to Fear, who was content to take a puff of a cigar which was taking pleasure in breathing, spreading the smell of tobacco throughout the room. I was pretty sure it would get me into trouble.

The deal closed just in time, Flower Cloud arrived just in time with the sandwich in question. She quickly turned her head from left to right and looked at me:

"What in Celestia's name are you doing with a cigar? And the secondary question: who were you talking to?"

Both lords had disappeared from the room.

"No one, I was thinking aloud."

"And the cigar? "She asked impatiently.

The evidence being there, I lied.
"I wanted to try it on?!"

"May Celestia has mercy on me, where did you find this horror?"

"Under the bed."

"Well, give me a cigar!"

I handed it to her and then she started running around hiding as best she could the problem of the smell and the cigar.

"Anon, this thing is very bad for your health. It gradually kills the lungs of what smokes it and that can lead to serious consequences!"

"I know."

"Then why? Do you know what I'm risking? You were never taught that it's bad."

"My big brother once," I replied laconically.

"Your brother? I didn't know you had a brother. Again, I wasn't told!"

"He was always my parents' favorite. And now I'm alone and I miss him. "I said I'm starting to sob.

Not far away, Fear, always listening in on the shadows of the room, had a twisted idea; a great idea.


"Good morning, Anon, how did you sleep?"

I woke up still tired from my night while a navy blue silhouette stood on the bedroom doorstep, looking falsely annoyed.

"Good morning," I yawned nonchalantly as I concentrated my scattered attention on Luna. "Are you alone today? Carrot and Blueblood aren't coming?"

"They had a little setback. "In front of my silence she added:
"But don't worry, it won't be long before you find them. Since I'm not here, they chose me to take you to the castle. "

"Why?" I was asking as a plaintiff.

"It's a little complicated to explain..."

I was frowning.

"Let's just say Blueblood waiting patiently by Carrot Top's side had an idea."

"Which one?"

"SURPRISE!!!! "Aunt Luna screamed as my parents and the rest of the family entered the room with a huge cake with a beautiful icing that you only see in dreams. Everyone wore ridiculous little party hats that made them look like Santa's elves pony version.

"We wanted to give you a little get-well surprise! "added Celestia.

"Didn't we scare you too much, angel? "Asked Carrot as I looked at me, still in a state of surprise.

"A little," I admitted. "But I suspected it was a surprise."

"Oh! Really? "Luna approached me.

"Of course," I puffed out my chest proudly. "I'm not stupid"

"Of course not, sugar, you're perfect. "Said Blueblood depositing one of the many hats on me.

And as the surprise turned into a little party with a general hug, I turned my head to Flower Cloud who was looking distractedly out the window, not wanting to embarrass me, I assumed.


The return to the castle had been a joyful one, everyone was smiling, relieved that everything had ended well.

My leg had healed quickly enough for my aunts who said they wanted to enjoy my company.

Celestia, who contrary to what I expected was the active type, made me play tennis with her and my parents. It was quite enjoyable even though I was already sweating through the second ball.

Luna, on the other hand, preferred less dynamic activities such as painting, which she did with me, which was as pleasant as it was relaxing. The paintings she did were worthy of great painters and her brushstrokes were beautifully fine.

Moreover, she had also insisted that it should be her who read my evening stories despite the reluctance Carrot Top might have had at first to let me be tucked in without her.

During all this time, Flower Cloud was faithful to the mission that had been entrusted to her, even if she didn't like it. Never left me alone, which was irritating in the long run.

That evening, after a thorough reading of the book "The Carrot and Me" with Luna, who wanted me to call her "Aunt Luna" and not just Luna, I was alone in my room.

Well, if only Flower Cloud had Flower Cloud, who was sleeping soundly in a sleeping bag at the foot of my bed. I felt sorry for this mare, everyone here was pretending she wasn't here, and it must not have been much fun for her.

Suddenly, as I was getting sleepy, I was startled:
"BOO!"

I uttered a high-pitched scream that hardly seemed to wake up Flower Cloud. In front of me stood Lord Fear, dressed in an explorer's outfit and a brown backpack, looking at me satisfied.

"I'm really glad you're still here, Anon. I would have been very sad if you had gone with Lord Hatred! Besides, I have an offer that you might be interested in? Ā»

"What's this all about?"

"A little time with your brother if you help me."

"Really? "I suddenly changed my mind. "But it's no use, he doesn't want to see me like the rest of my family anyway."

"I wouldn't bet on it if I were you. But enough talk, let's get down to business!"

A wormhole opened right next to my bed.