• Published 15th Feb 2019
  • 508 Views, 18 Comments

Five Problems and My Life is One - Sanguine Blade



I take my girlfriend to bronycon. I forgot to not buy from con merchants. A part of Canterlot Adventures

  • ...
5
 18
 508

Chapter 1: Lesson Number one

It was a crisp morning the first day of Bronycon. I had brought my girlfriend Natalie since she really liked the show. It wasn't that cold to a native of Maryland but, we were both bundled up since we came from Texas. AS the doors opened and they let people in I walked with Natalie some were very committed to dressing up, but I personally didn't care for it. Natalie however, had her hair dyed like one girl from the show...Roseluck that was it!

"Hey Douggy!" Natalie called snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I said looking at her smiling face.

"You know we've been together a few months now." She said slowly.

"What do you need?" I said. Whenever she brought up how long we've been an item it meant she was trying to get something and hoped he would give it to her as a gift.

"Well there is this beautiful rose that i hope you could pay for me." Natalie said putting her arms behind her back.

"Oh. Yeah sure lead the way." I replied. She beamed and lead me through the vendors to a small flower shop. The girl behind was dressed in another one of the flower ponies from the show. "One rose please? For my rose of a girl." I said pulling Natalie close. She blushed and playfully tired to push me away.

"Oh, how thoughtful of you. You two look cute together." The lady said giving my girl one rose and I paid the dollar for it. "Some say flowers can be magical. Especially, those bought for another." The lady spoke as we left the stall.

"Well I got something. You should get a gift too. I'll pay." Natalie said holding my arm. We walked around looking through the stalls searching for something I would like. After a while we stopped for some food to eat. "You can be picky sometimes." She said eating some cotton candy. I looked out through the crowd and saw some kids running about. Some of them really were committed to this show seeing a girl dressed like a cowgirl with a bow.

"Well I never was as big a fan as you." I replied. As I looked around the convention I saw a stall in the style of a certain blue police box. "What's a Doctor Who stand doing here." I asked Natalie.

"Oh that because of Doctor Whooves or Time turner who is a background character that looks like the tenth Doctor. like this." She said pulling out her phone. Sure enough, there was a pony with an hourglass mark and 3d glasses walkign beside another pony.
"Whelp, i'm sold let's see what they got." I said finishing my sandwich and walking to the stand. The man running it was dressed like the tenth doctor.

"Oh hello, what can I sell ya." He said. I don't know how he nailed the voice but it was almost creepy how close it was. I looked down at what he had. A mini tardis, various sonic screwdrivers and a small pocket watch. I looked and also saw a very familiar hat. I settled on my purchases of the mark III sonic
The pocket watch
and the Fifth Doctor's hat

Natalie paid the low price of 10 dollars. I put on the hat and we walked away. After a long day we walked back to our hotel. I put down the hat and The two of us got into the large bed. The next morning, I woke up to here Natalie in the bathroom. She didn't sound alright so I knocked

"Natalie. You okay?" I asked.

"Douglas something is wrong." She said. I slowly opened the door and his eyes popped. Natalie's skin was yellowish and she was wearing denim jeans and a green blouse. Her hair had become exactly like the character she had dressed as.

"What happened to you?!" I asked loudly in shock. I heard my voice had been changed.

"I don't know I just woke up with the rose in my hair and looking like this." She replied. Then it hit me and I face-palmed.

"I forgot rule one of conventions. Never trust the salespeople who seem to have exactly what you want." I said sighing in anger. Natalie hugged my arm.

"Are we gonna be okay?" She said asked in fear. She was usually very carefree but the thought of being taken somewhere else without me scared her. I held her in my arms as we sat in the bathroom.

"We're gonna be okay. Whatever happens I'll do my best to fix it and you know that." I said as I held her in my arms. I felt my hair grow a little longer than I had it and my skin turned a different complexion. We held each other until I felt no ground below us. I looked to see we were in some sort of tube of light. Natalie held me close trying to hold on.

"We'll be okay Natalie just hold on!" I called as she slipped slightly. She was tugged away from me into the light ahead. "Natalie! I'm Coming!" I shouted following her into the light ahead and my vision blackened.

I woke up later with Natalie next to me and looked myself over. My clothes were those of an old fashioned cricketer and I had celery on my shirt. My clothes were exactly those of the Fifth doctor including the hat.
"Uhh my head." I said. I picked up Natalie and walked us to the nearest place. I saw a school and rushed us to there. My legs wobbled and my body ached as we reached the building.

"Help!" I called as I landed on the ground holding Natalie in my arms. I started to fade as a woman in yellow clothing was rushing to them with a few others. "Help her...first." I whispered out as my body collapsed not moving.

"Call an ambulance!" a voice rang out and with that my mind faded into the black.

Author's Note:

So this is my entry to the Canterlot Adventures group. I had originally considered the eighth doctor , but I like the design of the fifth. Also brought Roseluck(Natalie) in to act as the Doctor's assistant. Plz comment