• Published 15th Feb 2019
  • 508 Views, 18 Comments

Five Problems and My Life is One - Sanguine Blade



I take my girlfriend to bronycon. I forgot to not buy from con merchants. A part of Canterlot Adventures

  • ...
5
 18
 508

Chapter 3: Meeting the Students

I rubbed the morning sand out of my eyes as the alarm clock rang. A minute of blindly trying to hit the clock, I finally stopped the clock. I turned over to see my girl happily asleep. I gave her a peck on the forehead before going to get ready for a day of work. 10 minutes later, I was out the door and riding the bus to Canterlot High.

"Okay. Fingers crossed I do good." I whispered out loud to myself. As the bus clunked to a stop outside the school, I slowly stepped off in my traditional attire as the Fifth. As I walked along the students looked at me wondering what I was doing here.

"Hey you!" A voice called out. I turned to see a girl with a prismatic mane in athletic clothing and I could tell who this was.

"Yes, What can I do for you mam?" I said.

"What are you doing here in that silly get up?" She replied. I gave her a firm look at that.

"First off, this is my cricket clothes. Secondly, I have business here." I said.

"Oh yeah? What kind of business?" She asked and I smirked at that.

"You'll see. Now I must be off." I said walking around her into the building. I arrived at the office to speak to Celestia.

"Ah Doctor nice to see you on time." Celestia said motioning for him to take a seat.

"Thank you. What is my first job Mrs. Celestia?" I asked.

"Oh you may just call me Celestia. As for your job, I want you to sit in on a class to get comfortable with what we do here." Celestia said.

"Fine by Celestia. Who am I shadowing?" I asked.

"Mrs. Harshwinny of the history class." She replied and I smiled. I knew history and how it worked. I thanked her and went off to the class room.

Mrs. Harshwinny was teaching at room 205, not far from the library. After getting directions, I made my way there. What I saw was truly shocking. The room was dull and lifeless, the walls dusty and an old chalkboard with maps on it was at the front of the room. "Gosh. Talk about bieng stuck in tradition." I said.

"Who are you?!" I heard as I saw a woman in bland clothing, her hair neatly in place and a scowl on her lips.

"I am Doctor Davison the new substitute. I was told to sit in on your class and see how things are done." I said smiling. Her scowl turned into an uncaring poker face.

"Well you can sit right at the back there." She said pointing to what I assumed was her desk. The desk was covered in papers and looked like it belonged in some poor man's cubicle rather than a school with its cold metal design. The bell rang and students began trickling in. One of which was the rainbow haired girl form before.

"Alright class is in session, but before we begin, we have a guest with us." Ms. Harshwinny pointed at me and I stood up as everyone turned.

"Hello. I am Doctor Davison. I am your newest substitute teacher and I'm here to see what methods the teachers use." I said. Most didn't mind, but the rainbow haired girl looked at me with slight anger. A shy girl simply waved her hand at me as I sat down.

"Now let us begin class. Last time we were learning about the struggle between the Greeks and the Persians." Ms. Harshwinny said and I smiled. I was a big fan of military history, so I sat back and listened. As I listened to the lecture I heard something that made me shoot up my hand?

"What is it Mr. Davison?" Harshwinny asked.

"Umm You gave no context from the Persian side of things." I said. She raised her brow at me. "You said the Persians were slavers but that isn't true. That was the Greeks if anything" I said.

"Why does that matter? The Greeks were defending from the Persian horde." The teacher replied.

"It is always important to show both sides of the story. The Persians were motivated by the Ionian revolt How would we respond if another country funded an uprising." I said.

"Well I'm using the books we were given Doctor Davison. So I will run the class by the book. I'm sorry if that isn't good enough for you." Ms. Harshwinny replied. Then she continued to lecture only one side of the story. Going purely by books was not the best since they can't instantly update to new discoveries. From the way she was speaking, it was as if she completely ignored the Persian reasoning for attacking and the tactics they used.Sadly, all I could do was sit and listen to her biased perspective. After an hour, the class was over, and I left to vent steam.

The track field was empty so I pulled out my cricket ball and bat. I threw the ball up and swung. The ball landed far away, and I ran back and forth several times before picking up the ball. I repeated this three times until I heard a voice.

"What are you doing?" Said a voice all too familiar. Their was the same rainbow haired girl.

"Ah. How can I help you miss...Rainbow I believe the teacher said." I said looking at her.

"What are you playing?" She asked.

"Cricket. The best example I can give is...ah combine track, baseball, and bowling. That's pretty close." I said smacking the ball far off. Rainbow whistled.

"You've got one arm." She said.

"Thanks. If you want, I could teach you it." I said after returning with the ball.

"That...would be cool actually. I like to be great in all sports." She said. I just smiled.

"Happy to help. Now, I must get ready to head home. See you tomorrow." I said as I headed for the bus. AS I rode home I just had on thought.

"I a LOT of work to do." I thought to myself.

Author's Note:

So In terms of teahcer, This guy is like Robin Williams in Dead Poet's Society. Being the fun teacher among a bunch of stuck ups.