• Published 15th Feb 2019
  • 507 Views, 18 Comments

Five Problems and My Life is One - Sanguine Blade



I take my girlfriend to bronycon. I forgot to not buy from con merchants. A part of Canterlot Adventures

  • ...
5
 18
 507

Chapter 5: Trying to please Athletes

It was another early morning for me to show up at Canterlot high. Celestia had asked me to try and teach the local sports members who weren't trying. So after packing notes, a computer and some painkillers, I arrived at the older room he was given. Mrs. Harshwinny was sadly not kicked out because of the long time she served as a school member. Instead, I was given an old room that was for after school care, but was now just a room with desks and a projector. He hooked up my computer to the screen and made sure the room was not a total pigsty...yet.

The bell rang, and in came some sweaty jocks along with Rainbow Dash. She spotted me and the cricket bat I had tilted up against the wall behind my desk. I shut a book I had opened and stood in the front of the class.

"Good Morning Class I am Mr. Davison or The Doctor as some call me. I hear you don't like history am I right?" I asked and some of the students groaned. "Okay well I've got something that will be not so boring as Mrs. Harshwinny in case you had her before." I said and this caused some to tilt their heads in confusion. I typed my keyboard to the internet and pulled up a favorite history show of mine.

"You are learning about my favorite type of history. Military History and that means we are going to watch Greatest Tank Battles!" I said as I pressed play and the sound of rumbling tanks could be heard talking about the First World War. Their eyes lit up with every explosion and description given. As this happened I wrote down some simple questions on a piece of paper to quiz them.

The episode concluded and I paused the end. "Alright now to see what you learned. Who invented the tank first?" I asked and a really muscular guy raised his hand.

"Yes you." I pointed to the boy with the size of an Olympic bodybuilder.

"The British army." He said.

"Correct. What categories did the tank come in and what was the difference?" I said and another raised their hand.

"Males had two naval cannons and the females had four machine guns." The girl replied.

"Perfect!" I said looking to Rainbow Dash and I smirked. "Ms. Rainbow Dash. What was the first battle with tanks?" I asked. She tensed up and tried to remember.

"The Some?" She said butchering the name.

"The Somme actually. Ms. Dash I would like you to focus on this next one since I hear you like planes." I said and her face sparked up curious. "This is Dogfights and these battles are all Against the Odds." I said typing in and playing the next video, but I still saw Rainbow not really paying that much attention. She didn't seem that good at auditory learning and maybe she would like something better. So i thought up an idea in my head while the video played.

When the video ended, I stopped the video.

"Okay. Now time for some...physical learning." I said and this puzzled them. "Follow me to the gym please." I continued and the students funneled out confused. The gym was relatively empty, but I saw some tables which were probably for events.

"Alright I need y'all to set those tables up on their sides while Rainbow comes with me." I instructed pulling Rainbow aside.

"What's this all about Teach?" She asked.

"Simple. You seem to learn better through competition. So we are going to play to your strength." I said pulling out a dodge ball cart before returning to the set up tables.

"Okay, today we are reenacting Trench Warfare!. The Goal is simple. Each side has to knock out the other or take out the commander. Rainbow and...Flash are team captains. If you get hit you are out unless I call out reinforcements. If this happens everyone has one minute to get into position for another attack. Begin!" I called as the teams split up and began ducking from dodge balls flying around the room. Both sides lost half their team after 10 minutes so I called for reinforcements to entertain myself. Rainbow showed actual leadership by commanding coordinated strikes and after another 20 minutes, I called for the game to end.

"I hope you all learned and had fun. Next time, we might take a Paintball field trip to see if you improve." I said and they cheered as they left. Rainbow walked up to me with a smile.

"Thank you Mr. Davison." She said.

"I don't overlook a problem. Also, if you like video games try out this." I said handing her a military game. "I play this so we can see your skill." I finished winking at her and she nodded before leaving. To think...I never needed the painkillers.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment