• Published 1st Jun 2020
  • 1,792 Views, 186 Comments

The Elements of Disharmony: A Queen's Revenge - Italibaso



The Young Six are preparing for the finals, but things quickly take a turn for the worse after a visit to the Castle of the Two Sisters

  • ...
3
 186
 1,792

8. Escape from Canterlot

Smolder slowly regained her consciousness as she heard two very raspy, distorted voices talking to each other, but she couldn't quite make out what exactly they were saying. She eventually was able to open her eyes, but her vision was still incredibly blurry. All she could see were hunderds of big green dots as she was staring at the ceiling. After blinking with her eyes a few times, her vision started to become a little more clear.

Her heart stopped when she saw that the green dots in her eyes actually turned out to be changeling cocoons hanging on the ceiling, all of them containing the royal guards as well as ponies who were all dressed in fancy looking clothes. They all seemed to be resting and remained completely motionless inside their cocoons.

Smolder looked around at the ceiling in horror before noticing that one of the cocoons contained Sandbar. And in four other cocoons that formed a circle around him were Silverstream, Gallus, Ocellus and Yona.

''Alright, now just the dragon and we're all set.''

Smolder heard someone else talking in another distorted voice. She didn't want to waste another second and immediatly tried to stand up, only to realize that something prevented her from moving her limbs. Her eyes quickly turned to her claws and feet, all of which were stuck beneath piles of green, sticky slime. Smolder immediately attempted to free her claws by trying to pull them out of the slime with all her might, only for them to remain stuck.

''The dragon's awake!'' The same distorted voice from before shouted as it's ​voice echoed throughout the cave.

Smolder raised her head and looked in front of her to see two black creatures looking in her direction. She was able to see them more clearly thanks to the green light that came from the cocoons on the ceiling. Their eyes were glowing bright green, they all had fangs in their mouths, their limps were deformed and even had holes in them. They both had intimidating looks on their faces as they watched her from a distance. Smolder kept on trying to break loose from the slime, but the stuff proved to be stronger than she thought.

''She's trying to escape! Get her!'' One of the black creatures shouted. Both of them stretched out their wings, started flapping them, hovered high into the air and together they charged down at Smolder while surrounding themselves with some kind of green magical force.

Smolder quickly turned her head towards her right claw and spewed fire at the green slime surrounding it. The slime started to melt and soon her right claw was finally free again. She immediately went for her other claw and for her legs as fast as she could. Smolder jumped out of the way just in time before the black creatures could land a hit on her. The magic from both of the creatures hit the ground below them, which created a small hole where they landed. Smolder stood back up and turned around to see the two creatures looking back in her direction. Instead of charging at her again, they both got surrounded by a magical green beam that shot out of the ground in a circle. The beam dissappeared a second later and revealed that they had both taken the form of Smolder.

''What in the,'' Smolder said with a shocked look as she came to a sudden realization, ''Are you changelings?!'' Both changelings, still in Smolder's form, charged at her again without answering.

Smolder quickly swayed her body to the side right before they were able to land a punch on her. She grabbed one of the changelings by the arm and smacked him against the ground, causing him to shriek and transform back into it's original form. Smolder quickly looked over at the other changeling and saw him charging back at her with his foot. Smolder quickly blocked his kick with both of her claws, grabbed his foot, threw him over her shoulder and against one of the crystals close to them. The changeling shrieked and turned back into his normal self.

Having dealt with the changelings, Smolder catched her breath and flew up to the ceiling, where her friends were still hanging inside their cocoons. She aimed her fire breath at the thick green strings that hold the cocoons in place. One by one they detached from the ceiling, hit the ground and bursted open, causing green, gooey slime to splatter all over the place. Her friends all woke up at the same time in the green remains.

Smolder looked over at Yona, who seemed to having the most trouble getting out of the slime. The orange dragon flew over to the small yak and gently pulled her out of the remains of the cocoon.

''Are you okay, Yona?'' Smolder asked as she wiped the slime from Yona's body with her claws. The small yak slowly got up from the ground and stepped out of the green remains.

''Yona okay.'' Yona said, still sounding a little tired.

The rest all stood up and got themselves out of the slimy remains of the cocoons. Sandbar however, seemed to have trouble standing up, since he fell back into the gooey slime everytime he attempted to stand on his right leg. Silverstream saw him struggling and helped him out of the slimy remains.

''Thanks, Silverstream.'' Sandbar said as he finally stood up. He flinched when he attempted to take another step with his right leg and almost fell down before Silverstream caught him again.

''Is everything okay?'' Silverstream asked Sandbar worriedly.

''It's my right leg,'' Sandbar said while looking over at his right leg, ''I think I must have hurt it pretty bad during the ambush.''

Yona heard what Sandbar had said and walked over to him, ''Sandbar not worry, Yona will carry Sandbar.'' She said with a warm smile. The yak lowered herself a little for Sandbar as Silverstream placed the young pony on her back.

''Thanks, Yona. I appreciate it.'' Sandbar said.

Gallus flapped his wings and shook his body to get rid of all the remaining green smile off his fur. He looked shocked when he saw the many cocoons with ponies in them hanging on the ceiling.

''What is this place?'' Gallus asked.

''It must be some kind of changeling cave.'' Smolder answered said, looking worried as she watched the cocoons on the ceiling.

''That's impossble,'' Ocellus said, ''All the changelings have been reformed, remember?''

''Then why did I just get attacked by two of them?'' Smolder asked as she pointed to the two unconscious black changelings she knocked out earlier.

Ocellus looked over at where Smolder was pointing to and gasped when she saw the two black changelings.

''It can't be.'' Ocellus said with a surprised tone in her voice. Yona, Gallus and Silverstream all heard her and quickly headed towards Smolder and Ocellus.

''What is it?'' Gallus asked concernedly.

''Starving changelings,'' Ocellus said with wide eyes as she looked over the two black changelings laying on the ground, ''But I thought Thorax had reformed them all by now.''

''Starving changelings?'' Gallus asked Ocellus while he looked curiously as the two black changelings.

''That's a changeling who still feed off of love'' Ocellus explained, ''That's what we all used to be when Chrysalis was still our leader. But we were all freed from that way of life thanks to Starlight and Thorax.''

Gallus looked at Ocellus in confusion before placing his claw on his face.

''I want my memory back.'' Gallus said.

Suddenly Silverstream could hear the sound of someone or something flapping their wings deeper in the cave.

''Do you hear that?'' Silverstream asked. She moved a bit closer to where sound came from.

''Hear what?'' Ocellus said as she stood close to her and tried to make out what the sound was. She listened carefully and soon widened her eyes.

''What is it?'' Smolder asked when she noticed the expression on Ocellus's face.

''Quick, hide behind me!'' Ocellus said with a panicky tone in her voice.

Ocellus's friends watched how a circle of green magic emerged from the ground around her. The circle beam disappeared after half a second and revealed that the blue changeling had transformed herself into a big group of crystals. Her friends acted fast and hid behind the crystals just in time before a small group of black changelings arrived in their area. One of them flew closer to the ceiling and noticed the six empty spots amongst the rest of the cocoons.

''The six creatures have escaped!'' One of the changelings said, once again talking in a distorted voice.

''Search the cave! They couldn't have gone too far!'' One of the other changelings said. The small group of changelings saluted each other before splitting up into different directions.

When the sound of the changeling's wings flapping through the cave had finally died down, Smolder peeked her head from around the crystals and looked to see if all of them were really gone.

''The coast is clear.'' Smolder whispered to her friends. She and the others all stood up and the crystals they were hiding behind transformed back into Ocellus.

''Where did all these changelings come from?'' Sandbar asked.

''Chrysalis must have something to do with it.'' Smolder answered determinedly.

''But that doesn't make any sense,'' Ocellus said, ''It takes years for a changeling to fully grow up. How would Chrysalis be able to make an army of them in just two years?''

''Can we please discuss this some other time?'' Gallus asked, ''Those changeling things could come back any moment.''

''But what about all the ponies up there? We can't just leave them.'' Sandbar said, still laying on Yona's back as he pointed to the cocoons on the ceiling. While looking at them, Sandbar noticed that one of them contained a grey-armored pony carrying a small shield on his back.

''I'm sorry, Sandbar,'' Ocellus said, ''But Gallus is right, we have to save ourselves first. If the changelings find us here, we'll just end up back in those cocoons again.''

''I guess you're right.'' Sandbar said while looking disappointed, ''But we'll come back for them, right?''

''Of course we will,'' Smolder reassured him, ''We'll go get help as soon as we find our way out.''

''That's easier said than done.'' Gallus said while looking at the many paths that were present in the cave.

''Don't worry, Gallus,'' Silverstream said reassuringly. ''We just have find that hole we first came through before we got attacked. That shouldn't be too hard, right?''

''Guess we're about to find out,'' Ocellus said nervously, ''Follow me.'' She walked along one of the many paths in area. The others soon followed her and together they went deeper into the cave.

Luckily the light that came from the many crystals gave just enough illumination to guide their way through. On their journey through the cave, Sandbar spotted two rotten skeletons that layed on the floor close to a pair of crystals, both of which seemed to have belonged to two unicorns. Spiders and worms crawled out of their emtpy eye holes. Sandbar showed a face of horror and had to try his best not to throw up at the disgusting sight.

A few more minutes passed and they still had yet to find an area that looked any different from the other.

Gallus groaned, ''This place is like a maze.'' He said in a very irritated manner.

''But just like any maze, there's always an exit,'' Ocellus said reassuringly, ''Headmare Twilight told me that.''

''Then Yona hope we find exit soon.'' Yona said nervously.

''Hey guys, look!'' Silverstream said as she pointed to a railway in the distance, ''We must be close to a train station.'' She quickly flew over to the railway and took a closer look at it with an eager smile on her face

''I don't think these are meant for trains, Silverstream.'' Sandbar said as Yona carried him to the railway.

''Then what are they for?'' Silverstream asked curiously.

''It looks more like a railway for minecarts.'' Sandbar answered her.

''But Yona not see any minecart.'' Yona said.

''Someone must have already used it to travel further into the cave.'' Ocellus said.

''Let's follow it,'' Silverstream suggested, ''Maybe it will lead us to an exit.''

Silverstream and the others began to follow the railway. But it didn't even take a few steps before the rails eventually reached a giant cliff. Everyone looked down and saw the railway leading down the cliff into a downward spiral.

''Well, that's not a very safe railway, is it?'' Gallus said.

''We better keep following it,'' Ocellus said, "It might be our only chance to find our way out of here."

Gallus flew over to Yona and carried Sandbar off of her back. Smolder and Silverstream both grabbed Yona under her arms, flapped their wings and lifted the small yak a few inches up from the ground.

Once the six creatures were ready to move on, they carefully descended down the cliff in the middle of the spiral rails. It got darker and darker the further they went down. The spiral eventually stopped and soon led them to the end of the railway, which turned out to be a dead end as the rails stopped in mid-air. That's also where they encountered an empty minecart.

''Well, we just wasted our time.'' Smolder said with an unamused look as she and her friends looked at the empty minecart at the end of the rails.

''Who builds a railway that leads to a dead end?'' Gallus asked.

''No idea,'' Sandbar answered, ''I just hope that whoever rode this minecart didn't get hurt.''

''What Yona and friends do now?'' Yona asked worriedly.

Before Ocellus could think about what to do next, she saw something in the distance on the other side of the cave. It looked like a beam of white light shining through a hole.

''Look over there.'' Ocellus said as she pointed her hoof to the beam of light. Her friends all turned their heads to where the blue changeling was pointing.

''That looks like daylight!'' Sandbar said happily.

''Then it must be the exit!'' Smolder said.

''I guess it wasn't a waste of time after all.'' Gallus said to Smolder with a playful smirk.

Without a second thought they all headed towards the beam of light. But it's wasn't long before Ocellus spotted four glowing green dots close to the light shining through the hoe. As she had feared, the green dots turned out to be two pair of eyes from two corrupted changelings that were guarding the way out.

''Oh no.'' Ocellus said quietly. Her friends stopped immediately and stayed close behind her in the air.

''What is it?'' Smolder asked with the same volume in her voice as Ocellus.

''Two starving changelings up ahead.'' Ocellus whispered while poiting her hoof at the two black creatures, ''We gotta hide.''

''How about down there?'' Sandbar suggested as he pointed his hoof to a lower rocky platform located under them against a wall.

The others took notice of the rocky platform and immediately flew towards it. They landed themselves on piece of rock as Gallus placed Sandbar on Yona's back once again.

''How do we get past them?'' Smolder asked quietly.

''I think I already have a plan,'' Ocellus said before she transformed herself into a black changeling, ''Wait here. I'll lead them away from the exit.''

''Be careful, Ocellus.'' Smolder said. Ocellus gave her a quick nod and flew high up to where the changelings would be.

The disguised Ocellus kept going up until the starving changelings were in her sight. She calmly flew to the exit of the cave and approached the two creatures. They took notice of her and stayed on their guard as they watched Ocellus landing in front of them.

''Did you find any of those escaped creatures yet?'' One of the changelings asked in a very serious tone.

Ocellus nodded and pointed to her left, ''They're somewhere in that tunnel.'' she said while talking in a distorted voice.

''Are you sure?'' The other changeling asked.

''I saw them with my own eyes,'' Ocellus quickly answered, ''Tell the others in the cave to keep searching there until you find them.''

The opposing changelings saluted her and spread out wings before flying into the dark tunnel Ocellus pointed them to. Ocellus watched how the two changelings slowly dissappeared into the darkness of tunnel. She sighed to herself in relief and headed back to her friends, who were still waiting patiently at the rocky platform.

''Alright, they're gone.'' Ocellus reassured them before changing back into her normal self.

''Great thinking, Ocellus.'' Silverstream said.

''Yeah, even I'm impressed.'' Smolder said.

''Thanks,'' Ocellus said, ''But we better go before any of them show up again.''

Smolder and Silverstream both got ready and picked up Yona from under her arms while Gallus did the same with Sandbar. Together they flew up into the air and headed to the beam of light coming through the hole. Thankfully the light made it easier to navigate through the area and they were able to reach the exit with ease.

Ocellus was the first one to make it out of the cave. Luckily there weren't any changelings guarding the entrance on the stone bridge. Ocellus looked at the sky and was suprised to see that the sky hadn't changed a bit since before they entered the cave.

''It's still nighttime?'' Ocellus said in suprise.

''What?'' Sandbar asked as he too looked at the sky, ''But Celestia should have raised the sun by now.''

''It must have been moonlight that was shining through the hole.'' Ocellus said.

''How long were we sleeping in those cocoons?'' Silverstream asked curiously.

''It couldn't have been too long,'' Smolder asked, ''Since I woke up before I was cocooned by those changelings.''

''Then what happened to white Princess Pony?'' Yona asked.

''No idea,'' Ocellus answered with a worried look, ''first the changelings in the cave and now this. I have a feeling something very bad is going on here.''

''Then we better get to the castle and warn Princess Celestia about the changelings.'' Smolder said determinedly.

Smolder led her friends across the stone bridge and went back into Canterlot through a small alleyway. Just as she was about to get out on to the streets of Canterlot, a big group black changelings with green glowing eyes came marching past the alleyway as the light of the many lanterns on the sidewalks of the streets helped to illuminate their way. Smolder quickly spread her arms out in front of her friends, signaling them to stop. Her friends understood her immediately and stood completely still as they too saw the many changelings marching on the streets. They waited a full minute until all the changelings had walked past the alley.

''Where did they come from?'' Sandbar asked as quitely as he could.

''Oh no,'' Silverstream said, ''You don't suppose those changelings have taken over Canterlot, do you?''

''I hope not.'' Ocellus answered her quietly.

''Let's keep going before they come back.'' Smolder said. She and her friends all stepped out of the alley and onto the streets of Canterlot.

''Any idea how we're gonna get there?'' Gallus asked his friends, ''This place looks huge.''

''Don't worry, I know a shortcut to the castle.'' Sandbar said to his friends.

''You do?'' Ocellus asked, to which Sandbar nodded.

''I think it should be around here somewhere,'' Sandbar said, ''Yona, go that way.'' He pointed in the direction where the marching changelings came from. Yona carried Sandbar further into the streets as the others followed them.

While walking through the streets, they could see that Canterlot was still just as much of a mess as it was before. Silverstream looked in the distance to see a small group of green dots coming their way. She quickly realized what they were as they got closer.

''Changelings up ahead.'' Silverstream said in a panicky tone.

''Now would be a good time for that shortcut, Sandbar.' Gallus said.

Sandbar's eyes kept searching each side of the streets until he finally caught sight of a small, dark alleyway on the right sidewalk.

''Over there,'' Sandbar said while pointing to the dark alleyway, ''That's the one. Go in there, quick.''

All of them crossed the street as fast as they could and went into the alleyway just in time before the changeling group passed them a couple of seconds later.


''How Sandbar know about shortcut?'' Yona asked Sandbar, who layed on her back as he lead his friends through the dark alleyway.

''My family and I come to Canterlot almost every summer,'' Sandbar explained to them, ''And one time my parents allowed me and my little sister explore Canterlot together while they would go shopping. That's when me and my sister accidently ended up in this alleyway. We decided to follow it out of curiousity and ended up at the Canterlot castle.''

''Your parents allowed you to explore a big city by yourself?'' Ocellus asked with a surprised look, ''Thorax and my parents won't even let me go more than two feet away from the hive without their permission.''

''My parents aren't really that strict,'' Sandbar said, ''They're mostly pretty chill about everything I do.''

''I would love to have parents like that,'' Silverstream said, ''I mean, not that I don't love the ones I have right now, of course.'' She giggled awkwardly.

''Yeah,'' Gallus said while sounding slightly somber, ''So how much longer until we reach the castle?''

''We should be getting close now.'' Sandbar answered.

After a few more minutes of walking through the dark alley, they finally saw light at the end. They soon stepped out of the dark alleyway. Sandbar quickly recognized the green plain ground up ahead as the place where the entrance of the Canterlot Castle should be.

They cautiously made their way to the castle. But just as they had feared, that place was also crawling with black changelings.

Ocellus quickly led her friends to one of the buildings close to the castle. They hid behind the tower attached to the building and peekd around the corner, where they saw even more changelings guarding the castle's entrance. All of them patrolled the area with great caution, looking in every direction for possible intruders.

Ocellus gulped, ''They're even more of them than I thought.''

''Doesn't matter,'' Smolder whispered, ''We just gotta get into the castle.''

''You got a plan?'' Gallus asked her quietly.

''....Well, no,'' Smolder answered awkwardly, ''But there must be a way to get in without getting seen.''

''I'll try to think of something,'' Ocellus said, ''Just give me time.''

Suddenly they heard multiple loud knocks coming from the castle. They peaked over to the entrance of the castle and saw one of the changelings knocking on the door under the stairs. Both the doorknobs began to glow green and soon the door slowly opened by itself. At the open door stood a tall, black creature with a deformed horn, long green mane and a small black crown on her head.

Ocellus gasped quietly and widened her eyes as she recognized the tall creature instantly.

''What? Who is that?'' Gallus asked Ocellus quietly.

''It's Chrysalis.'' Ocellus said to the blue griffin quietly with a hint of fear in her voice.

''I knew it.'' Smolder said to herself with an angry look on her face.

Smolder and his friends watched the conversation between Chrysalis and the changeling from afar.

''What's going on here?!'' Chrysalis asked the changeling impatiently.

''The six creatures seemed to have escaped from the cave, your highness,'' The changeling explained to her calmly, ''We've searched everywhere and found nothing.''

''What?!'' Chrysalis responded in anger.

''Forgive us, your highness,'' The changeling said, sounding a bit more afraid this time, ''We're not gonna rest until we find them.''

Chrysalis gave the changeling an annoyed look. She then closed her eyes and sighed to calm herself down.

''It doesn't matter,'' Chrysalis said, sounding suprisingly calm and collected while showing an evil smile on her face, ''With Twilight Sparkle and her pathetic little friends in my clutches, and the princesses out of the way, nothing can stop me.''

''So what are your orders, your highness?'' The changeling asked.

''Just keep searching,'' Chrysalis said, ''They could still be around. Let me know when you find them.''

''Understood, your highness.' The changeling said while bowing before Chrysalis. She turned around, headed back into the castle and closed the door behind her with her magic.

''You heard her,'' The changeling announced to the others on the green plain, ''Stay alert and keep looking for those escaped creatures.'' The changelings saluted him and flew off into many different directions while others stayed behind to guard the area around the castle.

''So she really is behind all of this.'' Ocellus whispered, still hiding behind the tower with her friends.

''And she's captured the princesses as well as Twilight and her friends.''Silverstream added.

''That explains why the sun hasn't come up yet.'' Sandbar explained.

''But I don't understand,'' Ocellus said with a worried look, ''Where did she get so many changelings this fast?''

''I don't know,'' Smolder said quietly, ''But now we definitely have to find a way to get inside.''

''How? There's no way we'll make it inside without being spotted,'' Ocellus whispered as she watched the many changelings flying around the castle, ''We need to get out of here and get help.''

''And just leave the Princesses along with Twilight and her friends in the clutches of that monster?'' Smolder said, ''I don't think so.''

''Look at how many of them there are, Smolder,'' Gallus asked Smolder in a serious tone, ''If they see us, we'll get overwhelmed in seconds.''

Smolder took another look at the changelings guarding the castle, ''I guess you got a point.'' She said reluctantly, ''But then what's the other option?''

''Shining Armor and Princess Cadence,'' Ocellus answered, ''They defeated Chrysalis once before with the power of their love, maybe they can do it again.''

''Shining Armor and Princess Cadence?'' Gallus said with a confused look, ''Who are they?''

''They're rulers of the Crystal Empire.'' Ocellus explained.

''The Crystal Empire?'' Silverstream whispered in an excited manner, ''I've always wanted to go there ever since I heard about it in school.''

''Yona too.'' Yona added.

''Then it's settled,'' Smolder responded with a confident smile, ''We're going to the Cyrstal Empire.''

''But we still need to find a way out of here.'' Gallus explained.

''Don't worry, I know the way from here,'' Sandbar said, ''We just have to follow the road right in front of the castle and keep going straight ahead.''

''That's not going to be easy as long as those things are still around.'' Gallus said as he watched the many changelings patrolling in front of the castle.

''Don't worry, I got a plan.'' Ocellus suggested before her friends all looked over to her.

''We're listening.'' Gallus said curiously.

''I'll disguise myself again and find a way to lead them away from the castle,'' Ocellus explained, ''Once they're gone, we can head to the main gate and get out of here.'' Ocellus looked back at the many changelings and took a deep breath.

''Got it,'' Smolder said reassuringly as she placed her claw on Ocellus's shoulder, ''And if things go south, we'll step in and help.''

Ocellus gave Smolder a warm smile, ''Thanks.''

''Good luck, Ocellus.'' Sandbar said.

''We know you can do it.'' Silverstream added with a determined smile on her face.

Ocellus nodded, took another deep breath and transformed into a corrupted changeling with green glowing eyes. The others watched their friend walk to the entrance of the castle and how she blended in with the other changelings.

While walking amongst them, Ocellus could feel her heart beating really fast. She was quickly able to pull herself together and flew up into the air.

''I see them!'' Ocellus shouted in her disguised voice, ''They went that way!'' She pointed to a right path that led away from the castle.

All the changelings in the area quickly looked in the direction that Ocellus was pointing at. They immediately spread their wings and went into the city to find the six escaped creatures. Ocellus stayed behind without any of them noticing. Once all the changelings had left the castle, she looked over to her friends hiding behind the tower and gestured them to come out. Smolder and the others quickly got away from behind the tower and followed Ocellus, who was already heading to the exit of Canterlot. Eventually she transformed herself back to her original form and joined the rest of her friends below her.

''Let's hurry, we don't have much time.'' Ocellus said. She and her friends made their way through the streets of Canterlot as the lights of the lanterns on the streets helped to show the way.

Ocellus slowed down after a full minute of flying when she heard a familiar voice mumbling to itself somewhere. She looked to her left and could hear the voice coming from a dark alleyway. Ocellus took a closer look and widened her eyes when she heard the same voice mumbling something again.

''Thorax?'' Ocellus said to herself quietly. Her curiosity got the better of her and she flew into the dark alley without her friends noticing.

The familiar voice could be heard mumbling again and again just a few inches furhter in the alley. Soon she saw two green lights hovering in the shadows. A black changeling slowly emerged from it a few seconds later and looked straight at her.

''Who are you?'' The black changeling asked while getting into a defensive position.

Ocellus soon recognized the voice and looked at the changeling in surprise, unsure of what to think at the moment.

''Thorax? Is that really you?'' Ocellus asked concernedly.

''Are you with those six creatures?'' Thorax asked sternly.

''Huh? Of course I am,'' Ocellus said, looking worried as many conflicting thoughts went through her head, ''Thorax, we have to get out of here. My friends are already on there way out.''

Thorax widened his eyes, ''So you ARE with them!'' He shouted fiercely.

Suddenly Thorax jumped at Ocellus, pushed her against the ground and pressed his right arm tightly against her neck, keeping the blue changeling in place.

''I found one over here!'' Thorax shouted as loud as he could.

Thorax's voice started to echo all throughout Canterlot. All the changelings around the city of Canterlot heard the sound and quickly made their way to where the voice was coming from.


Smolder and the others were very close to reaching the main gate, but stopped when a voice echoed from behind them in the distance. They all turned around in shock and looked where the voice was coming from. Smolder was the first one to notice Ocellus's absence.

''Where's Ocellus?!'' Smolder asked to her friends.

''What?!'' Sandbar said as he looked around while laying on Yona's back.

''Oh no,'' Silverstream said with a worried look on her face, ''One of the changelings must have captured her while we weren't looking.''

''I'll go find her, you all head to the gate!'' Smolder said as she was about to fly back into Canterlot.

''Yona and friends not leave without Smolder!'' Yona said.

''Don't worry, I'll catch up with you when I find Ocellus! Now go!'' Smolder said determinedly. She quickly flew back into Canterlot. Her friends looked concerned at each other, but eventually did as they were told and continued making their way towards the main gate of Canterlot.


''Thorax,'' Ocellus said, having trouble breathing as she tried to push Thorax's arm away from her neck, ''It's me....Ocellus.''

Suddenly an orange foot came out of nowhere and kicked Thorax right in the face, knocking him into a garbage can. Ocellus coughed and tried to catch her breath. When she looked behind her she saw Smolder standing close to her.

''Are you okay?!'' Smolder asked as she helped Ocellus back on her hooves.

''I think so,'' Ocellus said, still trying to catch her breath. She looked back at Thorax, laying unconscious in the garbage can.

''Good, let's get out of here before more of them show up!'' Smolder said as she was ready to leave the alley.

Ocellus looked back at Smolder, ''Smolder, there's something I-''

''No time to talk,'' Smolder said, interrupting Ocellus, ''The changelings are already on their way.'' She spread her wings out and flew out of the alleyway. Ocellus looked back at Thorax for a second before following Smolder to the main gate.


''We're almost there!'' Gallus said when he recognized the lowered wooden drawbridge further in the distance.

Gallus, Silverstream, Yona and Sandbar got closer and closer to their way out of Canterlot. Yona was the first one to reach the entrance. But just as she was about to set hoof on the drawbridge, a changeling appeared from around the corner and was about to pounce the small yak.

''Watch out!'' Sandbar shouted. The young pony jumped from Yona's back and in front of the incoming changeling just in time before he was able to land a hit on Yona.

Sandbar and the changeling crashed into each other and hit the ground close to the drawbridge. The sudden appearance of the changeling had caused Yona to trip and fall towards the drawbridge. When she landed on the wood below her, she heard a loud crack and felt her leg slipping through the drawbridge. Yona quickly stood up and tried to pull her hoof out of the gap, but it remained stuck.

''Help!'' Yona shouted as she attempted to pull her leg out of the gap, ''Yona stuck!'' She tried to pull her hoof out of the gap again and again. With each pull, the cracks beneath her got bigger and began to spread under Yona without her notice.

''Come on, Silverstream!'' Gallus shouted.

Gallus and Silverstream were about to rush in and help their friends, only to be stopped by two other changelings, who tackled both of Gallus and Silverstream from behind and pinned them against the ground.

Sandbar layed on the ground and flinched as he felt a great pain in his right leg. The changeling that he knocked down before eventually got back up and set his eyes on the small pony. Not even a second later, the changeling charged at him. Sandbar looked at the black creature flying towards him and attempted to stand back up, but he quickly collapsed again when he felt the pain coming back in his right leg.

Yona looked behind her after multiple tries of pulling her hoof out of the gap. Her eyes looked shocked when she saw how Sandbar got captured by a changeling and carried back into Canterlot.

''No!'' Yona shouted in agony.

Suddenly the small gap where Yona's hoof got stuck in cracked open and she, along with some remains of the wooden bridge, fell into the water below her.

Gallus and Silverstream eventually managed to struggle free from the grip of two changelings and pushed themselves away from them. Together they flew to the gate and could hear Yona screaming for help. They arrived at the bridge and looked to their right to see Yona floating down the river, clearly struggling to keep her head above the water. Futher ahead they saw that the river led to a big waterfall. Neither of them wasted another second and headed over to their drowning friend.

''Gallus, take my claw!'' Silverstream said determinedly. She grabbed a hold of the necklace around her neck with her left claw while extending the right claw to Gallus.

''What are you-'' Gallus said right before Silverstream grabbed a hold of his right claw.

Gallus suddenly felt something very strange happening to his body as a magical light circled around both himself and Silverstream. The light around them disappeared as soon as he got dragged into the river by Silverstream. Gallus's first instinct when he got underwater was to hold his breath and keep his eyes shot for as long as he could. Out of curiousity, he decided to look at what had happened to his body. His eyes widened when he was clearly able to see that his legs had been replaced by a fish-like tail, his claws had turned into fins, his wings had become see-through and his beak was also alot rounder.

''It's alright,'' Gallus heard Silverstream say reassuringly, ''You're a seapony now, you can breath underwater.'' He turned himself around and saw Silverstream, who also had transformed herself into a seapony.

''What's happening?!'' Gallus asked with a panicked look on his face while looking at his body.

''Just follow me and swim how I swim!'' Silverstream said. She swam along with the stream of the river and went after Yona's lower body a few meters away from them.

Gallus watched the way Silverstream swam through the water and without thinking he immediately tried to imitate it. He seemed to be getting the hang of it after a few seconds and succeeded in catching up to Silverstream, who was already trying her best to keep Yona's head above the surface. Gallus quickly swam up, went above the surface and held onto the other side of Yona's body.

''We got you, Yona!'' Gallus shouted as he and Silverstream both did their best they could to keep Yona's head above the water. Yona coughed water out of her mouth before she noticed something further ahead.

''Waterfall!'' Yona shouted with panic in her eyes.

Gallus and Silverstream both looked in front of them and saw the river dissappearing in the distance. They tried swimming against the current of the stream. Their efforts slowed them down, but it wasn't enough as they were still approaching the waterfall slowly.

''Brace yourselves!'' Silverstream shouted. She and Gallus still held onto Yona tightly while trying to swim away from the waterfall with every ounce of strength left in their bodies.

Back over at the drawbridge, Smolder and Ocellus finally made it out of Canterlot and exited through the main gate.

''Where are the others?!'' Smolder asked while looking around for her friends. Ocellus looked to her right when she heard voices screaming for help at the end of the river.

''Over there!'' Ocellus said while pointing in the direction of the waterfall.

Smolder looked over to where Ocellus was pointing and saw Gallus, Silverstream and Yona swimming away from a waterfall. She and Ocellus quickly decided to rush into action.

Gallus and Silverstream were almost out of breath as the current combined with Yona's weight proved to be too much for them. The three of them soon reached the end of the river. Smolder and Ocellus were just about to flt in and grab their friends, but only barely missed them and accidently fell into the waterfall along with Yona, Gallus and Silverstream. Soon all five of them started screaming as they fell down and got dragged down by the strong current of the waterfall.

A big group of changelings showed up at the main gate of Canterlot, one of them having purple see-through wings and green glowing eyes. They began to searching the area around Canterlot.

''Dang it! They got away.'' The purple winged changeling said in a rough voice.

''Should we go after them, Pharynx?'' One of the changelings amongst the group asked him in a raspy, distorted voice.

''No,'' Pharynx answered, ''Queen Crhysalis gave us specific orders not to leave Canterlot unless she says otherwise.''

Suddenly a changeling emereged from the group and was carrying an unconscious Sandbar in his arms, who's hooves and mouth were all tied up in green slime.

''At least we got one of them,'' The changeling said with a gleeful smile, ''What shall we do with him, Pharynx?''

''We must bring him back to the Queen,'' Pharynx answered. He and the other changelings all started snickering and flew back into Canterlot.