• Published 1st Jun 2020
  • 1,793 Views, 186 Comments

The Elements of Disharmony: A Queen's Revenge - Italibaso



The Young Six are preparing for the finals, but things quickly take a turn for the worse after a visit to the Castle of the Two Sisters

  • ...
3
 186
 1,793

3. A desperate act

There was nothing but utter silence in the library of the School of Friendship. Gallus sat all by himself at the same table where he and his friends would always meet each other every morning. He kept looking and reading through all of his school books, hoping that it would help keep his mind off of what happened during their visit to the Castle of the Two Sisters. A few days had passed since then, but during that time Gallus just couldn't stop thinking about what he saw when he got hit by the crystal's magic. Just the mere thought of it becoming a reality was enough to almost get him a little teary eyed.

Suddenly Gallus heard the sound of a door opening and quickly wiped the small tears from his eyes. The blue griffin looked over at the door and saw Sandbar walking over to him from the library's entrance.

''Gallus?'' Sandbar said, sounding a bit tired, ''Why are you up so early in the morning?'' He took a seat on the cushion next to Gallus at the table.

''I could ask you the same question.'' Gallus replied to him.

''I had trouble sleeping,'' Sandbar said while rubbing his eye, ''I just couldn't stop thinking about the fact that the finals are tomorrow. Time sure flies, doesn't it?''

Gallus looked down for a moment, ''Yeah, it really does.'' He said in a slightly somber tone.

Their conversation got interrupted by the sound of the door opening once again. Gallus and Sandbar both looked back at the door where they saw the rest of their friends walking into the library while carrying their school bags with them.

"Well, would you look at that," Smolder said while showing a somewhat tired looking smile, "I guess you two couldn't sleep either, huh?"

"You got that right." Sandbar said before the others joined him and Gallus at the round table.

"I don't blame you,'' Ocellus said with a smile, ''Tomorrow is a very important day, after all.''

''You know it!'' Silverstream said happily. ''It's going to be the most exciting day ever!''

"Just like every other day for you, right?" Smolder remarked.

Yona giggled, "Yona can't wait to show ponies how much Yona learned at School of Friendship!''

''And once we all pass, we'll finally be done with school,'' Smolder said, ''And I think I already know who's looking forward to that the most.'' She smirked while looking at Gallus.

Gallus's eyes widened before looking at Smolder, ''What? Done with school?'' He asked while sounding a bit shocked.

''Uh, yeah,'' Ocellus said, ''Headmare Twilight told us that a week ago. Weren't you listening during her Equestrain history class?''

''Of course I did,'' Gallus quickly said nervously, ''But uh, I thought she was just joking.''

''Nope, she meant it one hundred percent,'' Silverstream said, ''But isn't that great?! Now you'll never have to worry about homework anymore!''

''Yup,'' Gallus said with an awkward smile, ''That's really great.''

Smolder gave Gallus a slightly confused look.

''Anyway, what's our next class, Ocellus?'' Gallus asked as he quickly looked over to the light blue changeling.

Ocellus grabbed her own selfmade agenda from her school bag, ''if I remember correctly, we're going to play buckball in Applejack's class next.'' She answered Gallus as she looked through the agenda.

''Nice!'' Smolder said in excitement.

''Yona love buckball!'' Yona said.

''Me too!'' Silverstream added, ''Oh, I know! Let's form our teams before class!''

''Good idea.'' Sandbar said.

''Attention, everycreature!'' They suddenly heard Twilight's voice coming from the school speakers in the library, ''I'm afraid to inform you that Applejack's class has been cancelled for today. Anyone who was supposed to attend to her class has to come to Headmare Twilight's class instead.''

''Oh, come on!'' Smolder shouted at the loudspeaker as she got up from her cushion. ''They better have a good reason for cancelling the school's most awesome activity.''

''But why would it be cancelled?'' Ocellus asked curiously.

''No idea,'' Sandbar answered, ''But we can ask Headmare Twilight once we're in her class. Come on.'' Sandbar and his friends all stood up from their cushions, walked away from the table and left the library.


One by one the students all entered Headmare Twilight's classroom. They went to their tables, layed their saddle backs on the floor next to their table and took a seat. Gallus and his friends were the last ones to enter.

''Good morning, students.'' Twilight announced, ''I'm sorry about the sudden change of plans, but I'm afraid Applejack is not gonna teach any more of her classes for the time being.''

''So no more buckball?!'' Smolder asked. Twilight shook her head in response.

Smolder looked down and crossed her arms with a grumpy pout on her face.

''What happened, Headmare Twilight?'' Sandbar asked as he raised his hoof in the air, ''She's not sick, is she?''

''No,'' Twilight answered, ''But I heard that her brother, Big McIntosh, has been getting many headaches ever since Hearts and Hooves Day ended. So Applejack had to take a few days off to take care of him.''

''Yona hope Applejack's big brother get better soon.'' Yona said.

''That's very nice of you to say, Yona.'' Twilight said with a warm smile.

Gallus sat quietly on his chair, having his elbow placed on the table. He stared down on the table with a slightly somber look on his face and couldn't stop thinking about the conversation he had with his friends in the library.

''Now then, where was I?'' Twilight said to herself before looking back at the students, ''Oh, right. So as you all know, tomorrow is going to be a very important day for a lot of you. You have all come such a long, long way ever since the first day me and my friends opened this school. And I can't tell you all enough how proud I am, cause tomorrow will be your final test to show me how much you've all learned about friendship. And if you pass, then you will have proven to me that you have learned enough about friendship to leave the school.''

Gallus looked around, still with a somewhat somber look on his face as he saw all of the students surrounding him cheering after Twilight had finished her speech.

Twilight giggled to herself, ''Alright, everyone. Class dismissed. If I were you I would study extra hard before tomorrow.'' The students got up from their chairs, walked to the door and exited Twilight's classroom. Gallus was the last student to slowly leave the room.


Gallus was the last one to enter the School's library after his friends had already entered the quiet room. He joined them at the round table, took a seat on his floor cushion, placed his school books on the table and started reading through them.

''Looks like the finals are still going to be a surprise.'' Sandbar said to his friends.

''That's okay, I love surprises!'' Silverstream said happily.

''Yona can't wait for surprise,'' Yona said, ''Yona and friends gonna pass for sure!''

''I've been studying very hard almost every day,'' Ocellus said proudly, ''So there's no way I'm going to fail.''

''Me neither,'' Smolder said, ''Still a bummer that we didn't get to play buckball one last time, though.''

''Hey, don't worry, Smolder,'' Silverstream said, ''After we pass, we can play buckball with each other as much as we want. Right Gallus?''

''Huh, what?'' Gallus said as he moved his head away from his book and looked up at Silverstream.

''Aren't you excited about tomorrow?'' Silverstream asked.

Gallus stayed silent for a few seconds, ''O-Of course I am,'' He said with an awkward smile, ''Why wouldn't I be?''

''Because you don't really sound too excited.'' Smolder answered him.

Gallus sighed, ''Look, I'm just a bit nervous. You all are too, right?''

''Not really,'' Sandbar answered casually, ''After all the hard work and studying we've been doing at this school, I don't see how any of us could fail.''

''Me neither.'' Ocellus said with a smile.

''Uh huh!'' Yona added while nodding happily.

Gallus looked down with a conflicted look on his face, ''I think I'm gonna go to bed.'' He said before he stood up.

''Already?'' Smolder asked while raising her eyebrow.

''Yeah,'' Gallus answered, ''Gotta get enough sleep before the finals, am I right?''

''Good point. It's just like Headmare Twilight once said in class,'' Ocellus said before taking the form of Twilight with the help of her changeling magic, ''It is always important for your brain to get at least 8 hours of sleep.'' She said as Twilight before changing back. Her friends all laughed at her impression.

''Exactly,'' Gallus said with a seemingly friendly smile, ''Well, I'll see you guys tomorrow.'' He walked away from the table and headed towards the exit of the library.

''Sleep well, Gallus!'' Silverstream said while waving at him.

Gallus looked at his friends, showed a little smile and waved back at them before exiting through the door of the library. He closed the door behind him and sighed deeply to himself before heading to his living quarter.


At the students quarters, in the middle of the night, Gallus carefully and quietly opened the door of his living quarter. He peaked his head out and looked both ways of the corridor. Once he saw that the coast was clear, he walked out of the room and closed the door behind him as quietly as he could. He sneaked over to the door at the end of the hallway while trying to make as little noise as possible. He opened the door, got out of the corridor and made his way into the main part of the school.

Luckily there was no one patrolling around the school late at night, making it alot easier for Gallus to sneak around the halls. It took him a few minutes of searching before he finally found the giant, wooden door that led to Headmare Twilight's office. But as soon as he actually saw the door itself, his heart sank. A big, magical looking lock was placed on the middle of the door. Multiple magical chains were coming from the lock.

Gallus quickly tried to pull himself together and walked over to the door. He looked at his own claw and then back at the lock, which gave him an idea. He flew up slightly and carefully aimed one of his fingers at the lock. But the moment he tried to make contact with the lock itself, it passed right through. Gallus groaned and punched the door out of frustration before descending back to the ground.

''What do I do now?'' Gallus whispered to himself angrily.

''Hello?'' A soft voice suddenly whispered, which nearly gave Gallus a heart attack.

He slowly turned to his right and saw a familiar small, green pony with a semi-long mane standing right next to him.

''Cosette?'' Gallus whispered with a surprised look, ''What are you doing here so late at night?''

''I was going to ask you the same thing.'' Cosette said back.

''I was just uh, sleepwalking,'' Gallus quickly said, ''Why are you here?''

''I just wanted to have a look around the school.'' Cosette said with a nervous smile.

''At night?'' Gallus asked suspiciously.

''I'm so sorry,'' Cosette suddenly said in a sad tone, ''I know it's wrong, but I'm just too shy to openly ask Twilight and her friends to give me a tour around the school. Promise me you won't tell them I was here, please?''

''Okay, okay. I won't,'' Gallus said, ''But you have to promise me not to tell anyone that I was here too, okay?''

''I promise. Thank you, Gallus,'' Cosette said before giving him a quick hug, ''I'll never forget this.'' She gave Gallus a quick wink and continued further down the hallway.

Gallus looked at the big lock one more time before looking back at Cosette again.

''Cosette.'' Gallus called out to her quietly. The small pony stopped in her tracks and turned herself around.

''What is it now?'' Cosette asked in a slighty irritated manner.

''Do you think you can help me with this door?'' Gallus asked as he pointed at the giant lock, ''I have to get in there.''

Cosette walked over to Gallus, stopped right next to him and took a good look at the wooden door with the big lock on it.

''What's in there?'' Cosette asked Gallus curiously.

''It's Twilight's office.'' Gallus answered.

Cosette widened her eyes in surprise, ''Why do you need to go in there?

''That doesn't matter,'' Gallus answered quickly, ''Just please, help me get in. It's really important.''

''Come on, just tell me,'' Cosette said, ''Like I said, I promise I won't tell anyone you were here. Just like how you promised me not to tell Twilight and her friends about me, okay?''

Gallus sighed, ''Fair enough,'' He said before taking a deep breath, ''I need to get in there to find the answers to the test for the finals tomorrow.''

''Oh, so you're going to cheat?'' Cosette asked him in surprise.

''It's not like that,'' Gallus quickly said in a desperate tone, ''Listen, If I don't do this, I will never see my friends again. And they are the closest thing to a family I got.''

Cosette looked down at the ground and rubbed her chin a little before looking back at Gallus.

''Okay, I'll help you.'' Cosette responded with a endearing smile.

''Oh, thank you.'' Gallus said relieved.

Cosette giggled quietly, ''You're welcome.'' She said.

The green pony shot her green magic at the giant lock on the door, making the thing melt before it disappeared into thin air.

''That was easier than I thought it would be.'' Gallus said with a surprised look.

''I'm really good with magic.'' Cosette said to Gallus with a friendly smile.

Gallus grabbed the door knob with his claw and gently pushed the door open. He enterted Twilight's office along with Cosette and together they took their time to observe their surroundings.

The office itself was big and round. On each side of the walls were shelves filled with many books, potion bottles and many other things. In the middle of the room stood Headmare Twilight's desk, which was littered with stacks of paper, quilles and ink pots. In the back of the office were two very tall doors on each side.

''Wow, so this is Twilight's office?'' Cosette asked in wonder.

''No time to waste,'' Gallus said, ''Let's find what I'm looking for and get out of here.''

''Okay.'' Cosette said back.

''I'll search the desk, you look at what's behind each of those doors.'' Gallus commanded before he walked over to Twilight's desk.

''I'm on it.'' Cosette said. She headed towards the tall door on the left first.

Gallus reached the desk and started searching every drawer, hoping to find something that could help him. Each drawer was filled with lots of papers and student files, but he couldn't find anything having to do with the finals for tomorrow. He kept looking through each drawer over and over again, but still found nothing useful.

''Come on, there's gotta be something in here.'' Gallus whispered to himself in a panicky tone. He looked over to Cosette, who used her green magic to open the tall door.

Cosette was surprised when she saw that behind the door was actually a giant closet. The first thing that caught her eye was the big, wooden chest laying in front of her. She used her magic again to unlock the chest and opened it carefully. Her eyes widened when she found six different artifacts inside the chest.

''Did you find anything?'' Cosette suddenly heard Gallus say from behind her. She turned around to see the blue griffin standing right in front of her.

''What are these?'' Cosette asked him while pointing at the open chest.

Gallus looked surprised when he saw what the small pony was pointing at.

''Hey! Those are the legendary six magical artifacts that Cozy Glow used to suck the magic from Equestria.'' Gallus said when he looked inside the wooden chest in the closet.

Cosette's eyes widened again as she took another look at the artifacts, ''Is that so?'' She asked slighty curious.

''Yeah,'' Gallus said, ''I've always wondered where Headmare Twilight kept them ever since my friends and I saved Equestria.''

''I see,'' Cosette said, still having her eyes on the six artifacts, ''Have you found what you were looking for?''

''Not yet,'' Gallus said slighty dissapointed, ''Have you?''

Cosette shook her head, ''Sorry.''

''Let's keep looking,'' Gallus said, ''I'm not leaving until I've searched this entire office.''

''I think I'll keep searching this closet,'' Cosette said, ''Maybe there's something I'm missing.''

''Okay. I'll go search the shelves.'' Gallus said before he flew off to one of the shelves.

A gleeful smile appeared on Cosette's face as she looked at the six magical artifacts. She levitated them out of the closet with her green magic, closed the chest and shut the door as quietly as she could. The small pony peeked over to Gallus, who was still focused on searching and looking through every shelf on the walls. Cosette sneaked towards the exit of the office while taking the magical artifacts with her.

''Hey!'' Cosette suddenly heard Gallus say from behind her. She immediately stopped, dropped the artifacts on the ground and turned around to see the blue griffin staring at her with an angry look on his face.

''Where do you think you're going with those artifacts?'' Gallus asked sternly.

''I'm sorry,'' Cosette quickly said, ''This is not what it looks like, I swear.''

"Did you come here just to take those artifacts for yourself?" Gallus asked accusingly.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

''Then what were you trying to do?!'' Gallus asked, interrupting Cosette as he started to sound very angry.

Cosette stood completely still, looking worried for a few seconds before tears began to appear under her eyes. Suddenly she sat down and started crying.

Gallus's angry expression slowly disappeared from his face, ''What's wrong?'' He asked in slight confusion.

''I'm so sorry,'' Cosette said while sniffing, ''Your friend Sandbar told me about these artifacts and how Cozy Glow once used them to suck the magic out of Equestria. That's why I wanted to protect these artifacts from anyone who would want to use them for their own evil purposes.''

''Really?'' Gallus asked, surprised at how genuine she sounded.

Cosette nodded slowly while tears still rolled down her face, ''I see now that it was a stupid idea. Can you please forgive me? I promise that I'll never do something like this ever again.''

''Well, I-''

''And don't tell anyone about this,'' Cosette continued before Gallus could finish, ''I beg you. Twilight and her friends will hate me forever if they find out.'' She continued to cry.

Gallus walked over to Cosette, placed his claw on her chin and raised her head up so that she looked right into his eyes.

''Listen, It's okay,'' Gallus said calmly, ''I forgive you.''

Cosette looked back into Gallus's eyes, ''Really?'' She asked, still with a few tears under her eyes.

Gallus nodded with a comforting smile, ''You had good intentions, and that's what matters most.''

A little smile appeared on Cosette's face before she wiped the tears from her eyes with her hoof.

''Thank you.'' Cosette said innocently.

''No problem,'' Gallus said before letting out a small sigh, ''But I still found nothing about the answers for the finals tomorrow. What am I gonna do?''

Suddenly Cosette let out a slightly unsettling giggle, ''Don't worry about that,'' she said as she looked down with an unusual smile, ''I got you covered.''

''How so?'' Gallus asked, sounding a bit confused after hearing Cosette's unusual giggle.

A sinister smile slowly began to form on Cosette's face as she lit up her horn.

''Sleep.'' Cosette said quietly, suddenly in a completely different sounding voice from before. She quickly shot a green magical beam at Gallus's forehead.

Before Gallus could say anything, he noticed that his vision was getting more blury. He could feel his eyes growing very tired with each passing second. His limbs grew weaker and weaker until his body finally gave up and collapsed on the floor. He felt the memories of the night slipping away from his mind as he layed on the floor. He noticed a green light flashing next to him for a split second. The last thing he saw through his blury vision was the silhouette of what seemed to be an tall alicorn with a misshaped horn. Gallus felt his eyes slowly closing on their own and fell asleep right before he could figure out what was happening.