• Published 1st Jun 2020
  • 1,793 Views, 186 Comments

The Elements of Disharmony: A Queen's Revenge - Italibaso



The Young Six are preparing for the finals, but things quickly take a turn for the worse after a visit to the Castle of the Two Sisters

  • ...
3
 186
 1,793

7. An unpleasant visit to Canterlot

While making their way to Canterlot, they were very relieved to find out that the rest of Equestria seemed to have remained untouched. They didn't encounter any dangerous looking plants along the way and the dark crystals they saw at the Tree of Harmony were nowhere to be seen. A few hours had passed since their little adventure in the Everfree Forest, and it didn't take long for them to start yawning from exhaustion with bags under their eyes.

A few more minutes passed until they finally arrived at a narrow path, which was located on the side of a big rocky mountain. Sandbar and Yona both walked over the narrow path and made their way to the top of the hill while the rest of their friends flew close behind them.

''Don't worry, guys,'' Sandbar said, sounding a little tired. ''It should be over this hill.''

''It better be,'' Smolder said before rubbing her eye with her fist while letting out a big yawn, ''I can barely flap my wings anymore.''

Yona yawned softly while walking next to Sandbar, ''Yona wish we traveled by train instead.'' She said before looking at Sugar Belle, who she was still carrying on her back.

''I'm really sorry, everyone,'' Sandbar said, ''I thought the train would still be there, but I guess I was wrong. Sorry for getting your hopes up.''

''It alright,'' Yona said while smiling, ''Sandbar's heart was in right place.''

''Thanks, Yona.'' Sandbar said as he gave her a warm smile.

''At least we're almost there.'' Gallus said as he struggled to keep his eyes open, ''I could really use some sleep after today.''

''Me too,'' Ocellus said before letting out a quiet yawn, ''I can't wait to lay my head on a soft and comfy pillow.''

''Maybe we could have a slumber party in the castle.'' Silverstream suggested.

''I think I'll pass,'' Smolder said in a tired voice, ''I just wanna get some rest.''

''Yona too.'' Yona added before letting out another yawn.

Sandbar and Yona finally reached the top of the hill and got a good glimpse of Canterlot further in the distance. Much to their relief it seemed the outside of the big city had remained in one piece. Sandbar did notice however that some of the towers in Canterlot had a few small cracks in them, but he quickly shrugged it off. The city was a little old after all.

''We made it,'' Sandbar said when he looked back at his friends.

Ocellus and the others reached the top of the hill and finally got a good look at Canterlot as well.

''Wow,'' Yona said while staring at the city in wonder, ''Canterlot almost as big as Yakyakistan.''

''Just imagine all the amazing things we'll get to see there!'' Silverstream said with great enthusiasm.

''How are you still so full of energy?'' Gallus asked in a tired voice.

''I dunno.'' Silverstream said while shrugging with a smile on her face.

While everyone was admiring the size of Canterlot, Ocellus noticed two small green dots moving on the balcony from the tallest tower of the big city. She narrowed her eyes and tried to get a better look at the green dots in the distance. Before she had to chance to make out what they were, the two green dots quickly descended down into Canterlot and disappeared at the same time.

''What's wrong, Ocellus?'' Smolder asked when she noticed how concentrated the blue changeling seemed.

''I saw a pair of green dots glowing over there,'' Ocellus answered as she pointed at the tall tower, ''But I couldn't exactly make out what they were supposed to be.''

''It was probably just some Royal Guards using their horn as a green flashlight,'' Sandbar said, ''They usually patrol Canterlot at midnight.''

''I'm not sure if that's what it was.'' Ocellus said in a worried tone.

''Don't worry, Ocellus. I'm sure that-''

Sandbar stopped talking when he looked at the sky.

''What Sandbar looking at?'' Yona asked before she looked at the sky as well.

''I just noticed something,'' Sandbar said, ''Why hasn't the sun come up yet?''

''What do you mean?'' Gallus asked Sandbar.

''It was already nighttime when we exited the catacombs under the school,'' Sandbar explained, ''But it's been hours since then, shouldn't Princess Celestia have raised the sun by now?''

''That's a good point.'' Ocellus said while looking at the sky.

''She can raise the sun?'' Gallus asked curiously.

''Uh huh,'' Ocellus said, ''She and Princess Luna both use their magic to raise the sun and the moon every day and night.''

''So the princesses can make it night and day whenever they please?'' Gallus asked.

''That's right,'' Sandbar answered, ''But I don't understand, Celestia usually always raises the sun at the right time.''

''Let's go ask her.'' Gallus said as he got ready to fly to Canterlot.

''I'll race you there, Gallus,'' Smolder said with a smug grin before she started flying towards Canterlot, ''Whoever finishes last is a parasprite!''

''What's a parasprite?!'' Gallus asked before chasing after Smolder. The other four smiled while rolling their eyes before following them to the entrance of Canterlot.

Smolder landed in front of the entrance leading to Canterlot and looked back at Gallus with a smug grin, ''Looks like I won.'' She said confidently with her arms crossed.

''Only because you had a false start,'' Gallus said playfully before landing next to Smolder, ''If it were a fair race, I would have beaten you for sure.''

''Doubt that.'' Smolder said with a smirk on her face.

''Who goes there?!''

Smolder and Gallus both looked at the top of the walls that surrounded the big city where they hear the loud and rough voice coming from. That's where they saw a white stallion dressed in golden armor, who was carrying a long, giant spear in his right hoof. He watched them with a fierce look while pointing his spear down at the two creatures.

''It's okay,'' Sandbar said loudly as he and the other friends finally caught up with Smolder and Gallus, ''We're friendly! We are students from the School of Friendship!''

The Royal Guard lowered his spear while giving them a confused look, ''The what?!''

''The School of Friendship,'' Smolder said to the royal guard, loud enough for him to hear, ''You know, the school that Twilight Sparkle and her friends set up to teach other creatures about friendship?!''

The guard looked behind him into Canterlot for a second before answering, ''I'll be right back.'' He quickly flew back into the city of Canterlot.

The six creatures all waited in front of the closed drawbridge for a few minutes. Smolder stood there with her arms crossed while tapping her feet at the ground. Yona kept whistling a little tune to herself to pass the time while Silverstream kept admiring the many sights of Canterlot that she was still able to see from behind the walls.

''What is taking him so long?'' Gallus asked impatiently.

Suddenly they heard a sound coming from Canterlot. Their eyes all turned to the drawbridge, which was slowly being lowered in front of them. Two white royal guards dressed in yellow armor crossed the bridge when it had completely descended. They both approached the six creatures and stopped at the end of the drawbridge.

''Follow us.'' One of the guards said. Both of them turned around and walked over the bridge back into Canterlot. Sandbar was the first one to follow them. His friends all looked at each other for a second before eventually following the young pony.

Things in Canterlot were looking alot different from what they expected. The entire city looked almost completely desolated. Many of the buildings had cracks in them, piles of bricks were almost everywhere, most of the windows were shattered. Broken tables and chairs were laying all over the place. The six creatures all looked shocked at what had become of Canterlot while still following the guards deeper into the city.

''What in the name of Equestria happened here?'' Sandbar asked one of the guards. He waited for one of them to answer, but instead both kept on walking as if they didn't hear him.

''Um, hello,'' Smolder said in an irritated tone, ''Did you not-''

Suddenly both of the royal guards stopped in their tracks.

''What is it now?'' Smolder asked.

''Your highness,'' Both of the royal guards said at the same time before bowing, ''They're here.''

Soon a tall white alicorn slowly stepped from around the corner of a building. She saw the six creatures standing behind the two guards and gave them a surprised look.

''Princess Celestia.'' Sandbar said before he gave her a slow bow. His friends all looked at him before eventually doing the same thing.

Celestia approached the six creatures before stopping in front of them, ''How may I help you?'' She asked in a very regal tone.

Silverstream and the others all stood back up, ''Princess Celestia, something terrible has happend.''

''I'm listening.'' Celestia said calmly.

''Someone or something has corrupted the Tree with dark magic. And now all the plant life in the Everfree Forest has grown out of control.'' Ocellus explained to Princess Celestia in a panicky manner.

''Oh, that's not good.'' Celestia, sounding a little bit worried.

''And Yona and friends found Pretty Pony in cocoon.'' Yona said while showing Sugar Belle to Celestia.

''I see.'' Celestia said while seemingly looking concerned.

''And Princess Twilight and friends are nowhere to be found!'' Sandbar explained, ''Do you know where they-''

''Calm down,'' Princess Celestia said as she raised her hoof before placing it back on the ground again, ''It's alright, you don't have anything to worry about.''

''So you know where they are?'' Silverstream asked hopefully.

''Twilight and her friends are safe and sound inside the castle.'' Celestia said as she glanced behind her.

''Phew, thank Celestia,'' Sandbar said as the white alicorn gave him a confused look, ''By the way, I hope you don't mind me asking, Princess. But why haven't you raised the sun yet?''

''And why is it such a mess here?'' Smolder asked.

''And why Canterlot so empty?'' Yona added.

''Oh,'' Celestia said in surprise, ''Well uh...You see, there was a pretty wild party going on here before you arrived. And since it's still early in the morning, I wanted to raise the sun a bit later so that the ponies in Canterlot can rest a little bit longer.''

''That must have been a really wild party then.'' Gallus said while looking around him.

''Yup,'' Celestia said with a nervous smile on her face, ''But don't worry, I was just about to clean up the mess.''

''Yona just glad ponies are alright.'' Yona said in a tired manner before yawning loudly.

"You and your friends look tired," Celestia said while looking at Sugar Belle resting on Yona's back, ''I'll let my guards escort you to your beds.''

''But what about the Tree of Harmony?'' Smolder asked.

''Don't worry,'' Celestia reassured them with warm smile, ''Twilight and her friends will take care of everything. You just follow the guards and get some sleep.''

"Thanks, Princess Celestia," Smolder said before yawning while rubbing her right eye, ''I sorely needed it.''

"You're welcome." Celestia answered. She used her green magic to levitate Sugar Belle from Yona's back and handed her over to one of the Royal Guards. The stallion placed the pink unicorn on his back.

''Is she gonna be okay?'' Ocellus asked Celestia.

''Of course,'' Celestia answered her with a calm smile, ''No need to worry, little one.''

"Follow us,'' One of the guards said before both of them walked further into Canterlot, ''And don't wander off.''

''Goodnight, Princess Celestia.'' Sandbar said. He and his friends quickly followed the two royal guards further into the city.

''Tell Twilight and her friends we wish them good luck!'' Silverstream added.

''I will!'' Celestia said as she watched the six creatures walk away with the Royal Guards.

A sly smile slowly began to appear on Princess Celestia's face as soon as the six creatures were out of her sight.

''Sleep well, young creatures,'' Celestia whispered to herself, ''....Forever.''


The two royal guards led the six creatures further into the extremely quiet Canterlot for awhile. Just as Gallus was about to ask, they came across the narrow stone bridge, which seemed to lead to a black hole on the side of the giant mountain next to Canterlot.

''We're almost there'' One of the guards said before both of the armored stallions crossed the stone bridge.

''Um, where exactly are you taking us if I may ask?'' Smolder asked the guards suspiciously.

''Can't tell.'' One of the guards answered.

''Why not?'' Smolder asked again.

''Because our quee-''

The other guard quickly covered the other one's mouth before he could finish his sentence. He kept his mouth covered with his hoof and glared at him.

''What he meant to say was, our Princess has a special place for you in mind.'' The royal guard explained before removing his hoof from the other guard's mouth.

''Special place?'' Gallus said.

''That's right,'' The other guard said, ''And she ordered us to keep it a surprise for you.''

''Oh, I love surprises!'' Silverstream said.

Everyone stopped when they reached the end of the stone bridge. The two guards stepped aside to reveal the giant hole on the side of the mountain. On the other side of the hole it was pitch black.

''A cave?'' Yona said in a scared voice.

''Where does that lead to?'' Sandbar asked while sounding unsure.

''Just follow us.'' One of the guards said. Both the armoured stallions, one of them still carrying Sugar Belle on his back, jumped into the dark hole without hesitation.

''Hey, wait up!'' Sandbar said before he rushed to the hole and peeked his head inside. There was almost no light in the entire cave. The only things that illuminated the place were some shiny crystals that were littered throughout, which still only barely lit the cave. Sandbar kept looking around to see where the guards went, but they were nowhere to be seen.

''Can you see them?'' Gallus asked.

''No,'' Sandbar said after pulling his head out of the hole, ''It's too dark to see anything in there.''

Silverstream stared into the entrance before looking back at her friends, ''So, who's gonna go first?'' She asked nervously.

Yona gulped and hid behind Sandbar, ''Yona rather go last.'' She answered while her legs started shaking a little.

''I will go first.'' Smolder suggested, ''If anything goes wrong down there, I'll give you a shout.'' She carefully flew through the hole and descended herself into the cave.

''Do you see anything?!'' Ocellus asked worriedly.

''The coast is clear!'' Smolder's voice shouted, ''You can come down!''

Silverstream and Gallus grabbed Yona under her arms while Ocellus grabbed Sandbar under his and together they slowly descended down into the dark cave.

It was just as Sandbar had described. Aside from the shiny crystals, there was hardly any light that helped to illuminate their surroundings. From what they could make out, most parts of the cave was covered in crystals and pointy rocks.

''Hello?!'' Gallus shouted while looking around for the ponies in armor, ''Anyone here?''

''Royal Guards?! Where are you?!'' Sandbar asked out loud.

Before their questions could be answered, they heard Ocellus screaming at the top of her lungs, followed by the sound of something smacking against a crystal which echoed throughout the cave.

Silverstream, Yona, Smolder, Gallus and Sandbar all started to panic and looked around themselves to see what was happening. Eventually Sandbar saw Ocellus laying on the ground next to a pair of crystals. Close to her were two barely visible creatures with green glowing eyes staring back at him.

''Ocellus!'' Sandbar shouted. Before the young pony could rush over to help his friend, he felt something grabbing him by the neck, keeping him in place. Sandbar tried his best to struggle free from the grip, but soon he got thrown against a crystal that hit his body with a loud smack. He shrieked, fell to the ground and immediately lost consciousness.

''Sandbar!'' Yona shouted in despair. She shook her body as wildly as she could to get the creatures off of her and rushed over to the unconscious pony. Right before the small yak was able to reach him, she noticed a green light glowing next to her for a split second. Suddenly she felt something else smacking hard against the right side of her body and got knocked against another crystal, causing half of it to shattered into tiny pieces. Yona looked to her side and thought she saw another yak standing close to her. A few seconds later, she closed her eyes and eventually lost consciousness as well.

''Let go of me!'' Gallus said as he tried his best to fight off the creatures that were holding him. He soon managed to punch and kick the creatures away from him, but it didn't take long before something else prevented his claws and feet from moving any further. The blue griffin quickly looked down and saw that his legs had gotten stuck in some sort of green slime.

''What is this stuff?!'' Gallus asked out loud as he tried pulling his legs out of the slime. He pulled with all his might, but they still didn't come loose. Suddenly he felt a punch on the back of his head, causing him to fall on the ground before slowly closing his eyes.

''Gallus!'' Silverstream shouted in desperation as she saw Gallus being taken away by some of the creatures. She then felt something hitting the side of her head, fell to the ground and lost consciousness.

Smolder eventually managed to free herself from the creatures's grip and punched them to the ground.

''Who do you think you-'' Smolder said before she got punched on the back of her head. It didn't take long before she felt her consciousness slipping away as she fell to the ground. The last thing she saw before closing her eyelids were four green glowing eyes coming towards her.

The black creatures with green glowing eyes all smirked and snickered amongst themselves before carrying the six unconscious creatures further into the cave.