• Published 1st Dec 2018
  • 2,869 Views, 51 Comments

The Foal Six - Matt11



Discord wants a family, but since he's too embarrassed to ask he decides instead to use the mane six as his foals. Regression and foalish antics ensue.

  • ...
5
 51
 2,869

#4: Applejack

Applejack was not hard to track down. Discord found the farm pony in the usual place she could be found, hard at work in the fields of Sweet Apple Acres. Especially now that her brother was constantly taking time off to go visit his special somepony, it fell to her to pick up the slack and keep things running smoothly. Stopping only as needed for food, drink, and other necessities.

It wasn’t an abnormally hot day, it was perfectly normal for this time of year in fact. But all that hard work still made the earth pony with a coat of orange and a brown stetson atop her golden mane work up quite a sweat.

As she lined up what seemed like another perfect kick to buck some apples, she was surprised when she felt her hooves touch something a lot less hard than a tree trunk.

“Ow!” Discord moaned as he stumbled back from the kick. “I’m not a tree, Applejack! Is this how you say hello to all your friends?!”

Applejack simply replied. “Sorry there, Discord. But maybe next time you could try not to stand right in the way of a tree when I’m busy buckin’. Now if you don’t mind, I’d like to get back to it.”

“Oh, but I have a much better idea in mind for you, my little pony,” Discord grinned. :You’ve been working so hard. Too hard in fact. You’re long overdue for a break.”

The farm mare shook her head. “Nothin’ doin’, Discord. I got at least a day’s worth of buckin’ left before I can think about takin’ a break. And if you keep yackin’ my ear off, the rest of this here day’s gonna be wasted.”

“Geez, you’re as stubborn as a mule!” Discord complained before he quickly added. “No offense.”

“None taken. Happens all the time.” A random mule replied.

Applejack just sighed, she was in no mood to entertain a friend as wacky and unpredictable as Discord. But she didn’t want to be rude. “Look, Discord. I appreciate you poppin’ by to say hello, I really do. But as you can see I’m a might busy, so please go bother somepony else!”

The farm pony prepared to head back to applebucking, only to find herself being lifted into the air with a snap of Discord’s talons! “What in tarnation?!” She exclaimed as she found herself unable to do anything except kick and flail her legs helplessly.

“I was trying to be nice, Applejack!” The spirit remarked with a growl. “But since you insist on being stubborn, we’re going to do this the hard way!” He floated her halfway across the orchard to an empty field, setting her against the trunk of a tree on a hill that overlooked said field. “Now hear me out. I’m offering you the opportunity of a lifetime, a chance to take some time off and not have to worry about anything.”

Applejack arched an eyebrow upward in suspicion. “Sugarcube, what are you plannin’?”

The spirit retorted. “Me?! Planning anything?! Why Applejack, I’m crushed, really! I’ve not done anything wrong, yet.”

“Really? And you’re just stoppin’ by to propose this… whatever it is to me because you just want to?” The mare questioned. “I wasn’t born yesterday, Discord. You came here for a reason and I know it ain’t just to chat. So spit it out already, unless you’re willin’ to let me go back to work!”

At that, the draconequus let out a sigh. “Oh you’re no fun. I was hoping to keep you guessing for a while,” Then he explained. “I’m inviting you to my place in my dimension.”

“Oh is that all? Well why all the games then?” Applejack innocently responded as she waved a hoof. “I like a good chat much as anypony else. And I ain’t been to your place yet. Fluttershy says it’s lovely though.”

“I’m not finished yet, Applejack! When I am I’ll let you know!” Discord snorted. “Trust me, you’ll be thankful I told you this. Haven’t you been wondering why you haven’t seen some of your friends around today at all?”

The farm mare shook her head. “Can’t say I have, ain’t that curious. Besides, I’ve been too busy workin’ the fields to take much notice of anythin’ else. Though come to think of it, I ain’t see RD ‘round since this mornin’. And usually on a day like this, I tend to catch her nappin’ in one of my trees. You wouldn’t happen to have somethin’ to do with that, would you?”

“I’d like to say no… but then that’d be making me a liar. And I know how much you hate lying,” Discord confessed, prompting Applejack to shoot him one of her notorious “You’re dead in five seconds” glares. “Let me explain, let me explain!” He protested. “It’s not anything serious, your friends are all perfectly fine. They’ve just been regressed to foals for forty eight hours and are in my care. I’ve been taking good care of them, and that is no lie.”

“Oh is that all?” Applejack coldly replied. “Well you could’ve just said all of that in the first place.”

“You’d have thought I was crazy.” The spirit retorted.

“Well crazy or not, that still don’t explain what the hay you’re doin’ here,” Applejack commented, before she put two and two together. “Wait an apple pickin’ minute! You wanna make me your newest foal?!”

The draconequus nodded in confirmation, and Applejack put her hoof down in protest. “No way no how! Ain’t happenin’!”

“Oh but Applejack, you could certainly use a break from all that applebucking,” Discord encouraged. “Wouldn’t it beat going to the spa?”

“Personally, I’d rather go to the spa than go through everythin’ that comes from bein’ a foal!” Applejack growled. “I ain’t gonna be no baby!”

“Oh, I see. What a pity then. Here I thought you were this iron pony, ready for anything and not afraid of anything. I guess I was wrong.” Discord shrugged his shoulders.

“Oh no, you ain’t foolin’ me with that routine! I’m not fallin’ for it!” Applejack snorted.

Discord kept on pressing. “Alright, alright, your loss. I just figured, since Rainbow Dash is already going through with this, you might want to participate so as not to let her get a leg up on you.”

“You mean Rainbow’s a foal? All padded up and crawlin’ around?” The farm mare paused.

With a grin the spirit replied. “Not just Rainbow Dash, but also Rarity. And Fluttershy too for that matter.”

For a moment the farm pony stood there, processing the information. But then she giggled and giggled heartily at that. “Rarity in diapers?! Oh man! No way could I pass up a chance to see that!” And she extended her hoof to the spirit. “Alright, Discord, you’ve got yourself a deal. But can I make one request really quick?”

“I don’t see why not, go ahead.” Discord encouraged.

“I want the farm to be in good hooves while I’m a foal and all,” Applejack explained. “So you make sure you’ve got somepony I know I can trust to take over while I’m gone. And it can’t be my brother, he’s off seein’ his special somepony right now I reckon.”

The spirit just smiled and nodded his head. “Don’t worry, Applejack, I already have the perfect pony in mind. You just leave such details to me, and you don’t have to worry about anything.”


It wasn’t long afterward that Applejack was brought to Discord’s dimension and to his house. And within seconds of trotting inside she began to regress. Her trusty stetson did not shrink with her though, and thus it completely covered her tiny body. “Hey! Who turned out the lights?” She questioned as she waved her tiny hooves, trying to feel around for anything familiar.

“Oops, my mistake. I forgot you like to wear that silly stetson for some reason,” Discord realized. “Well I’ll just hold onto it until you’re back to normal.” And he tossed it onto a hat rack that materialized from seemingly nowhere.

Applejack reached out her hooves, trying to grab at the rack to no avail. “Oh come on! It’s just a hat, you have a whole bunch of ‘em back at the farm don’t you?” The spirit questioned his newest little one.

“Yeah, but I always make it a habit to wear one. And the one I usually wear everyday, is the same one my pa gave to me when I was younger,” The tiny earth pony responded. “Same goes for Apple Bloom’s bow, except that was a present from our ma. They actually passed away unexpectedly while she was still a foal.”

“Oh you poor thing,” Discord cooed in sympathy. “To lose your parents at such a young age. I’ll bet that made you miss the simpler times with them.”

The foal with a coat of orange simply replied. “It kind of did, but I still had Big Mac and Granny Smith to lean on for support. Somehow we all got through it, same with Apple Bloom. ‘Course, that meant havin’ to take over raisin’ her. Changin’ her diapers, puttin’ her down for naps, all that stuff. And boy were those the days.” She chuckled a little at the memories of so long ago, chasing after her toddler sister all around the farm house.

“Then you must know what’s coming next.” The draconequus replied as he brought the foal to the nursery and gently placed her on the changing table.

“I sure do. Reckon ya gotta diaper me so’s I don’t make a mess of the place,” Applejack responded. “I won’t mind, might actually be nice to get some high quality brands for a change. The best my folks ever managed were cloth ones and the occasional discount store brand. Didn’t hold up the greatest but they got the job done.”

“Well as your friends will attest, these diapers are of the absolute finest quality,” The spirit replied as he held one out. “Touch it, and you can just feel your hoof sink into the padding.”

The regressed farm pony did so and just as Discord had promised her hoof did indeed sink into the padding. “Wow! Feels like a pillow you wear on your butt.” She commented in amazement and spread her legs.

Soon the padding was secured, the foal’s short stub of a blonde tail poking out of the hole in the back and her little green eyes reflecting a look of serenity.

She was set on the floor of the nursery, just as her friends happened to notice her and waddle over. Rainbow Dash was the first one to speak up. “Wow, AJ! I didn’t think you’d actually agree to this!”

“I could say the same to you, RD!” Applejack teased. “And boy, don’t you just look so cute I could eat you up? I tell ya, Apple Bloom when she was a little one ain’t got nothin’ on you!”

Rainbow snorted. “I’m not cute!”

Rarity giggled as she teased. “You’re right, you’re adorable!” And then to Applejack she whispered. “Nevermind Rainbow Dash, darling. She’s still mad that I’m in potty training and she isn’t.”

“It’s not like I want to use the training potty anyway, diapers are so much better!” Rainbow remarked.

“Because you like to wiggle out of yours and cause trouble,” Fluttershy reminded her fellow pegasus. “I don’t know how you manage to do it all the time,” And then to Applejack she commented. “But we’re all glad you could make it, Applejack. It’s so nice to have other foals to play with. Growing up, my brother and I only had each other. And Zephyr Breeze seldom liked to play if he couldn’t win.”

Applejack giggled. “He’s got nothin’ on my brother! I tell ya, Big Mac and I used to get into siblin’ quarrels all the time over the most ridiculous of things! It took that whole ‘Apple Blight’ fiasco to get us to stop.”

“So, what did you like to do for fun?” Rainbow questioned the newest foal. “Please tell me you aren’t into dress up or tea parties.”

The regressed farm pony grinned. “Rarity already made you her newest fashion victim, sugarcube?” Then in a more sympathetic tone of voice she added. “It’s alright. Ma used to put me in really embarrassin’ get ups all the time when I was this age. I got the baby pictures to prove it.”

“It’s too bad we already had dinner,” Fluttershy commented. “And that Daddy and I already baked cookies for Rarity, Dashie, and I to enjoy.”

“That’s okay, I wasn’t a very good baker as a foal. Always made a mess of the kitchen and got a free bath for my troubles,” Applejack grinned in reply. “Didn’t help that I had such a huge appetite. Granny says I had the appetite of a full grown stallion almost from birth, took at least three bottles to fill me up.”

“That must explain why you’re so pudgy.” Rainbow teased as she poked at the foal with a hoof.

“She’s not pudgy, she’s just big boned!” Rarity remarked. “And there’s only one way to get big boned foals to not be so big boned,” Reaching out a hoof to the newest foal, she booped her lightly on the nose and shouted. “Tag! You’re it!” And then she, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash all took off running in different directions!

Applejack giggled. “Big mistake, sugarcubes! I ain’t never turned down a challenge, and I don’t plan to start today! So you better run, ‘cause here I come!”


The game of tag went on for quite some time, Applejack quickly tagging Rainbow Dash who then quickly tagged Rarity, and that was as far as Discord got before he lost track of who had tagged whom.

The four foals running around was adorable, but it also made keeping an eye on them a lot harder. The spirit ran himself ragged trying to keep up with the foals.

Eventually, the game came to an end when the foals all appeared to become too tired out to keep running. Discord took full advantage of the opportunity to scoop them all up. “Alright, I believe that’s enough excitement for you all for one day. Now it’s time for all good little foals to go to bed.”

“Aw but Discord, we’re not tired yet!” Rainbow Dash whined. “Can’t we stay up for a little longer? We can have a camp out: Telling scary stories and enjoying delicious smores.”

“Goodness no! Smores will be too messy!” Rarity complained. “In more ways than one I might add!”

“So, we could just sit around a campfire and look at the stars,” Applejack encouraged. “Maybe even sing some songs. Ma and Pa used to do that all the time with Big Mac and I, and even did it a couple of times with Apple Bloom. Always worked like a charm.”

Fluttershy, however, sided with Discord. “We’ve had our fun today, girls. Now we owe it to Daddy to go to bed. That way we’ll be well rested for a full day of fun tomorrow.”

“Excellent!” The spirit applauded as he clapped his paws together. “It’s so nice to see one foal who knows what’s expected of her. The rest of you could all stand to learn from Fluttershy here,” He proceeded to tuck each of the foals into a separate crib, giving each a separate blanket and pacifier. Then he switched off the nursery lights, kissing his foals on their foreheads. “Nighty nighty, my sweet little angels. If you need anything, just give a shout.” And with that he departed the nursery.


It was not long after the chaos maker had departed the nursery, however, that Applejack began to stir. Amidst the inky darkness of the nursery, she softly called from her crib. “Hey. You girls awake?”

“Applejack, it’s bedtime. Foals are supposed to be asleep.” Fluttershy whispered in response.

Applejack just chuckled. “That’s a laugh! We’re foals now, and foals don’t go to bed when they’re told!”

“Now you’re talking my language, Applejack!” Rainbow eagerly replied. “But what are we gonna do? The bathroom’s off limits, it’s locked up tight and I think Discord’s hiding the key.”

“There are far better things to do than just flush random stuff down the toilet. That’s for amateurs,” Applejack commented as she started to climb out of her crib. “We can do a whole lot more if we want!”

“Like what, Applejack? Does it involve having to get dirty?” Rarity questioned.

“Just get out of your cribs and I’ll explain everythin’,” Applejack instructed. “That means you too, Fluttershy.”

The pegasus foal with a coat of butter yellow nervously replied. “Oh goodness. I’m not sure if I should. I don’t want to get into trouble.”

Rainbow retorted as she fluttered out of her crib. “Come on, Fluttershy! Stop being such a goody good! Getting into trouble is what foals do best! Don’t act like you never did anything naughty as a foal even once.”

“W-well, maybe on second thought I should go with you girls,” Fluttershy commented as she wiggled her way out of her crib and landed on the nursery floor with a plop. “Just to make sure you don’t anything really naughty.”

Rarity, for her part, just grinned, as she elegantly climbed out of her crib. “I normally wouldn’t do such things, but as long as I don’t have to get messy I’m fine with a little mischief. I wanna see what it’s like, just this once.”

Rainbow Dash smirked evily. “Maybe tommorow we could hoof paint all over Discord’s walls. It'd be so much fun.” She whispered to her friends, who simply nodded in response.

“Now you’re gettin’ it,” Applejack smiled as she took charge of the group of foals. “Follow me! We’ve got a whole house to explore!”


With Applejack leading the rag tag group, they crawled through the open door of the nursery and into the adjourning room. There they saw the familiar form of Discord sitting on the couch, sound asleep with a newspaper over his head.

“Good. The coast is clear,” Applejack grinned in a whisper. “Come on, there’s gotta be a whole bunch of things for us to mess around with.”

Fluttershy’s eyes fell upon the lounge chair in the nearby corner. The same lounge chair she remembered could actually chase you if you approached it. All of a sudden she got an idea. “Hey, Applejack. Betcha can’t lasso that lounge chair. Nopony’s ever been able to tame him!”

“Nopony before me, you mean!” The chubby little earth pony proudly declared. “All I need is somethin’ that’ll work as a rope. Then you’ll see how a real cowpony lassoes ‘em!”

“I don’t suppose my blanket would do?” Rarity chimed in, revealing that she was still clutching her baby blue silk blanket in her hoof. Everypony looked at her. “What? It was so soft, I couldn’t leave it behind. It reminds me of the blanket I had as a foal, I couldn’t sleep without it.”

“Works for me!” The regressed farm pony declared as she took the blanket into her hooves. “But y’all might wanna step back a bit!”

The other foals heeded the warning of their friend, and it was a warning they were glad to have obeyed! For when the lounge chair came to life it clearly did not enjoy being lassoed, even if it was just a blanket. It barked and growled quite audibly.

“Eep!” Fluttershy shivered and hissed, involuntarily causing her bladder to loosen and leak a bit. She was so frightened that she didn’t even notice her diaper start to grow warmer.

Meanwhile, the lounge chair was growling and thrashing about, trying in vain to get the makeshift lasso off of it! Applejack refused to lessen her grip! “Hoo doggy! I’ve seen some wild ones in my day but nothin’ like this!”

“Applejack, not so hard! You’re gonna rip my blankie!” Rarity pleaded in worry as she observed the tightening grip with alarm!

“No worries, I’ll make it stop!” Rainbow declared as she flew up on top of the lounge chair. “Hi ho, Loungey, away!” She shouted as she gave the chair a kick.

That proved to be a mistake! The chair shook off the blanket and took off, Rainbow bouncing helplessly up and down on it! “This is worse than that foal swing!” She cried as she held on with all her might, trying hard not to be thrown off! All the while, the lounge chair thrashed about and ran loose, knocking over various objects and causing them to fall to the floor. Some of them shattering with loud crashing sounds!

“Uh-oh!” Fluttershy, Rarity, and Applejack all gulped at once. If Discord saw all this chaos, who knew what he would think?

They soon found out, for the chaos maker was awakened by the commotion. “Is some creature causing chaos without me?” He muttered as he rubbed his eyes. But when his vision became clear, he could not believe what he was seeing!

Rainbow Dash was riding (or rather bouncing) atop a runaway lounge chair, continuing to knock over everything in her path! Applejack held Rarity’s blanket in her hooves, having tied it into the loose shape of a lasso. And Fluttershy’s diaper was clearly soaked if the damp patch on the front was any indication.

“What in the name of cotton candy?!” Discord gasped! “What are you all doing out of bed?!”

Fluttershy and Rarity pointed their hooves at Applejack. “It was her idea!” They both shouted at once!

Meanwhile, Rainbow was crying out! “Somepony stop this crazy thing! I can’t hold on much longer!”


Discord quickly snapped his paws and put a stop to all the chaos, restoring everything to the way it had been before the foals had gotten loose. After that he took them back to the nursery, and after changing Fluttershy’s diaper, he put them back into their cribs. “I love chaos as much as any creature. But not when a spirit like me is trying to get his beauty sleep!” He scolded them quite sternly. “When I tell you it’s time for bed, then it is time for bed! No ifs, ands, or buts. Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes, Daddy.” The foals all responded in guilty tones.

“Good,” Discord replied as he breathed a sigh of relief. “But just be sure, I will be locking the nursery door. And here,” With a snap of his talons he poofed in a foal monitor and turned it on. “Now I’ll be able to hear everything you plan. You won’t catch me by surprise again.”

As he left the nursery, the weary spirit started thinking to himself. “Four foals and I’m already exhausted. Their chaos rivals even mine. And it seems that I can no longer count on Fluttershy to reign in her friends when they want to have fun. But I need to have somepony who can be my foal on the inside,” And then it came to him! “Of course! Pinkie Pie will be perfect! She’s already got tons of experience looking after foals, and she already acts a lot like one! I’ll have to ask her first thing in the morning!