• Published 1st Dec 2018
  • 2,853 Views, 42 Comments

The Foal Six - Matt11



Discord wants a family, but since he's too embarrassed to ask he decides instead to use the mane six as his foals. Regression and foalish antics ensue.

  • ...
5
 42
 2,853

Playdate, Part 1: S.O.S

The first stop Discord made after leaving his dimension, was Twilight’s castle. He immediately closed up the portal he had accidentally left opened. He didn’t want anyone else to accidentally be sucked into it.

As the spirit was closing up the portal, Spike came wandering in. “Hey, Discord,” He greeted to his friend. “What are you doing back here? And how come Twilight’s not with you? I thought you needed her for something important.”

The draconequus gulped as he immediately confessed to the little dragon. “Oh, Spike, I’m in big trouble!”

“Really? You of all creatures in trouble?” Spike wondered aloud. “You must be joking. Since when do you run into trouble?”

The chaos maker sighed and explained as best he could. “It was all supposed to be a simple spell. Just a little age regression to last for forty eight hours. I was gonna borrow our friends and use them as my foals. But it’s all gone horribly wrong!”

“What?! You turned all of your friends into foals?!” Spike gasped in shock. “Discord! Why would you do such a thing?!” Spike then realized this meant he'd probably have to take care of Twilight until she got older again. Ugh, I don’t like changing diapers!” He thought.

“I wanted a family, and I didn’t think I could just ask for foals to borrow,” Discord tried to explain as he adopted a rather guilty look on his face. “You can yell at me all you want afterward, Spike, but for right now I really need your help. I’ve got seven foals to take care of and they don’t wanna cooperate. I’ve only got two paws.”

“Seven? So Starlight has been reduced to a foal too?” Spike realized, then he thought. “Starlight didn't really like being babied by her father when she visited him. But maybe being treated like a foal could make her happier since he won’t be there?

Discord gulped again. “Yes. Quite accidentally I assure you,” And then he pleaded again. “Can you please help me, Spike? I’m not sure who else to turn to. It’ll only be until our friends are back to normal, then I promise I won’t try to do this again. At least, not on everypony all at once.”

The little dragon was silent for a few moments, contemplating and pondering about the situation he’d been presented with. At last, he looked Discord square in the eyes and told the spirit. “Oh alright, you’re lucky I can’t say no when foals are involved. I picked up a thing or two from helping Twilight with Flurry Heart, and that even means diaper changes, much as I may not have liked them.”

Discord pulled Spike close and gave him a big hug! “Oh thank you, Spike! I really mean it this time! You’re a lifesaver!”

Spike threw up a claw. “However, we’re going to need backup.”

The spirit gulped anew. “Backup?”

The little dragon firmly nodded as he took out some scrolls and started to write on them. “If we’re talking about seven foals, it’s going to take more than just the two of us to keep them in line. Even with my wings and claws, I’ll only be of so much help. We’ll need some ponies who can keep up with the foals, as well as a pony or two that knows what we’re dealing with. And even a pony that can be used for entertainment. It’s always easier to care for foals if you keep them distracted.”

“Well that’s nice and all, but where are we ever gonna find such ponies on such short notice? I can’t be gone from my dimension for very long.” The spirit nervously replied as he twiddled his paws in anxiety.

“Not to worry,” Spike said with a wink. “I already have just the ponies in mind. And with your abilities, we should easily be able to teleport to them. Just need to send out these scrolls really quick.” He set them all on fire with his dragon breath, making sure their intended destinations were clear in mind. He didn’t want them to go to Princess Celestia by mistake.

“Okay, where to first?” Discord asked Spike. “Lead the way oh fearless leader.”

“Alright,” The little dragon replied. “First stop: Sweet Apple Acres and the clubhouse of the Cutie Mark Crusaders!”

“Oh good, I always did have a special place in my heart for those little chaos makers.” Discord declared as he snapped his talons, taking Spike with him to the intended destination.


The Cutie Mark Crusaders had just finished roll call when Discord and Spike teleported into their clubhouse, quite unexpectedly at that.

“Discord?” Apple Bloom questioned. “What in the hay are you doin’ here? Can’t you see we’re about to conduct official Crusader business?”

“Which is what, exactly?” Discord commented in reply. “Seems to me like you don’t have anything to do.”

Scootaloo shook her head. “That’s not true!” She retorted quite defensively. “We were just going to go out into town and see if we couldn’t help some ponies with their cutie mark problems. Or maybe give another tour of that school.”

Discord yawned. “Ugh that sounds so boring.” He said in reply to Scootaloo.

Scootaloo punched her hooves together, only to be interrupted by Sweetie Belle. The filly sighed as she confessed. “No, you’re right, Discord. We really don’t have anything to do. Business has been really slow lately. And now that the School of Friendship is out for the Summer, we’re not needed as friendship counselors. Can’t believe I’d actually rather be in school right now. At least then I’d have something to do.”

“Yeah, it totally stinks that Rainbow Dash isn’t around. Or Rarity, or Applejack, or any of their friends,” Scootaloo spoke up. “It’s like they’ve all dropped off the face of Equestria or something.”

“Well, it...it’s funny you should mention that,” Discord started to stutter in nervousness. “Because that’s… kind of why Spike and I came here in the first place.”

“Wait an apple pickin’ minute here,” Apple Bloom began as she tried to adopt the same expression she’d seen her sister use multiple times whenever she suspected something. “You’re sayin’ you’re behind our big sisters’ disappearances?”

The spirit gulped. “Um, do you really want to know the answer to that?”

But Spike groaned and glared at Discord. “Discord,” Shaking his head he explained to the crusaders. “Discord here thought it would be a good idea to put an age regression spell on his place to turn your big sisters and their friends into little foals.”

“Only for forty eight hours.” Discord added.

“But it apparently worked too well, and now he’s got seven foals that he can’t manage,” Spike explained. “So we need your help to take care of them until everyone’s back to normal.”

The three fillies’ eyes all went wide at the same time! “Really?!” They all asked at once.

Discord nodded. “Much as I hate to admit it, I’m completely in over my head. I know you three aren’t as skilled at caring for foals as your big sisters, but Spike seems to think you’ll be able to help all the same.”

“You kiddin’?” Apple Bloom retorted. “I know more about foals than most ponies my age. We Apples have had younger relatives stop by the farm all the time. I’ve picked up on a few things: Diaper changin’, bottle feedin’, the proper way to set ‘em down for naps, you name it,” And then she giggled. “And I can’t wait to be the big sister for a change! I’m never gonna let Applejack forget it!”

Sweetie Belle eagerly raised her hoof. “I’ll go too! The idea of Rarity as a foal is just so adorable!” And then she giggled. “Plus, there’s no way I’m missing the chance to see my sister in a diaper! I know there’s no way she’d ever wear something like that in real life, she’d think it was uncouth!”

With a reluctant sigh, Scootaloo added. “Fine, I guess I’ll go as well. There was a time when the three of us looked after the Cake Twins to try and get our cutie marks. Didn’t really work out, but this can’t be any harder than that experience. I suppose there are worse things I could be doing, like attending one of Aunt Holiday’s dinner parties. They’re way too fancy and boring.”

“Excellent!” Discord grinned! “So it looks like we’re all set! Just let me cast a spell to protect you all, and we can leave!”

But Spike protested as he raised a claw. “Not so fast, Discord. There are still two more ponies we need to recruit. Ones I’m sure you’re very familiar with. And hopefully, they both got my letters and agreed to meet at the designated place.”

“Who are you talking about?” Discord nervously asked. “Why do we need to include even more ponies? I wanted as few ponies as possible to know about this.”

“You said you needed help, and these two ponies are going to give us the help we need,” Spike explained. “Now come on! The sooner we meet them and explain the situation, the sooner we can get back to your place and get our regressed friends under control.”

“Alright, alright,” Discord reluctantly conceded. “So where are we going?”

“A hilltop overlooking Ponyville. Ponyville Adjacent, you might say.” Spike instructed.

The spirit nodded. “Got it. Hold on tight, everyone!” And with a snap of his talons, he teleported himself, Spike, and the CMC away.


On the very hilltop Spike had mentioned, two ponies who had only met once before were now meeting once again. They were Maud and Trixie.

“Hello Great and Powerful Trixie.” Maud greeted in her usual flat tone of voice.

“Please, just Trixie will do, thank you,” Trixie humbly replied (as she was not clad in her usual magician’s attire). “But why did you invite Trixie here today?”

“What do you mean? I thought you invited me.” Maud replied, her voice remaining flat and emotionless.

Before Trixie had a chance to refute Maud’s claim, there came a blinding flash of white light. And then Discord, Spike, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders all appeared.

“Oh good! You’re both here! You got the letters!” Spike happily exclaimed! “I wasn’t sure that was going to work.”

Trixie seemed to glare at the little dragon. “Wait a minute. You mean to tell me that the Great and Powerful Trixie came all this way here, just because some little dragon decided to punk her?”

Maud spoke up in protest. “Trixie, there’s no need to accuse,” But then she looked at Spike, her expression seeming to change ever so slightly. “But we do have a right to know about one thing, Spike. Why did you send us those letters asking us both to be here? Did my sister put you up to this? It’s fine if she did, I just would like to know.”

Spike turned to Discord, trying to nudge the spirit forward. “You have to tell them, Discord. Tell them what you’ve already told the rest of us.”

“What?! Me?!” Discord gulped. “A-alright, I suppose I can try,” And he blurted out! “I turned my friends into foals and I can’t change them back and Spike says I need your help so can you please help me?!”

Surprisingly, both Maud and Trixie seemed to understand what had been said. “My sister is a foal again?” Maud questioned. “And you turned her into one.”

“Well, I did get her permission first. And the spell’s not permanent, it only lasts forty eight hours,” Discord explained as best he could. “But it’s all gone wrong. The foals are getting out of control and I can’t manage them.”

“So you want me to help you?” Maud asked, her expression appearing to change ever so slightly to one of anger.

Gulping yet again, the spirit replied. “Um… yes? I promise I’ll make it up to you if that helps.”

Maud’s expression did not change as she looked Discord all over, appearing to size him up. Then she broke the tense silence as she told him. “Alright, I’ll help you take care of my sister and her friends. I helped my parents raise her and Marble when they were foals, I can do it again,” But then she added in a subtle tone. “But if you ever do something like that again without her permission, I’ll pound you into gravel, like a rock.”

“And what about me?” Trixie questioned. “The Great and Powerful Trixie doesn’t know the first thing about foals. I’ve never touched a diaper in all my life.”

“But you’re a talented magician, are you not?” Spike explained. “You could use your magic show to entertain the foals, they’re easily amused. And did I mention that two of the audience members will be Twilight Sparkle and Starlight Glimmer?”

Trixie let out a gasp! “Starlight is a foal?! Oh, why didn’t you just say that in the first place?! Of course I’ll say yes! The Great and Powerful Trixie can hardly wait to see her best friend in such a cute little state!”

“Well then, I guess that settles it,” Discord spoke up. “Between the seven of us, we should be able to keep those foals in line until they’re all back to normal.”

“But wait a minute! If the regression spell’s cast on your place, then won’t we regress too?” Scootaloo wondered aloud. “I don’t wanna be a foal too! I want to be the big sister.”

“Oh don’t worry, I’ve already prepared a solution,” Discord replied as he snapped his talons, surrounding the CMC, Maud, Trixie, and Spike with magical glows. “This should be more than enough to keep you protected from the regression spell. But I hope you understand, that’s taken a lot out of me. I’m going to need all of you to help me.”

“Don’t worry, Discord,” Apple Bloom gave a salute. “With us on the job, you’ve got nothin’ to worry about!”

“Alright then. Let’s get back to my place,” The spirit instructed. “I just hope the foals haven’t given my other self too much trouble in my absence.”

Author's Note:

next chapter Is the last one.