• Published 20th Mar 2019
  • 519 Views, 31 Comments

Geeks of the Round Table: The Dark Invasion - Gem Productions



Lord Tirek gives a prophecy about an entity that could destroy all fandoms, so the heroes of those fandoms unite to stop it.

  • ...
8
 31
 519

The Battle of the Bands

The Canterlot Battle of the Bands was about to begin.

“Welcome to the first-ever Canterlot High School Battle of the Bands. I believe I speak for everyone when I say it is by far the greatest thing we have ever done here at this school!” Principal Celestia said.The students cheered. “We are so glad our three newest students encouraged us to turn this event into something exciting!” Principal Celestia said.

“But, as this is now a competition, we can only choose one winner. Who is it going to be?” Vice Principal Luna said. Then the students started arguing and from this, the Dazzlings got some power.

“You feel that, girls? Our true power is being restored,” Adagio said. The other two giggled. “And that's before we've tapped into the strongest magic here.”

“But the Rainblossoms, or whatever they're called, aren't under our spell, and neither is that weird robot guy. How exactly are we supposed to get to their magic?” Aria Blaze asked.

“The Rainbooms are just as capable of falling apart as anyone else. They just need a little... push in the wrong direction. I have a feeling everyone here is going to be lining up to give them a shove,” Adagio said. “As for the robot, his abilities aren’t strong. We can take him out, no issue.”

(1:50) “Great Sakurai, this is atrocious,” Mettaton said, with the Rainbooms hearing every last word of Mettaton’s sentence,

After the performance was over, both Snips and Snails dropped their microphones.

“Please do not drop the microphones,” Principal Celestia scolded both of them.

“Yeah! Bam!” Snips shouted, and Snails was started to laugh.

“In your face, Rainbooms!” Snips said, clearly being tone deaf.

“Least we know one group who won't stand in the way of us gettin' to the finals, and at least we can agree with Mettaton this time. That was atrocious,” AppleJack said, somewhat cringing.

“Let's get ready to rock! Also, agreed… that was awful,” RainbowDash added, cringing at Snips and Snails.

“Wait! Where's Rarity?” PinkiePie asked

“Oh! Here! I'm here!” Rarity said, running up to the group, metal fringes jangling on her outfit, and panting.

“We will be performing in front of an audience. I'm not going to wear something fabulous? Hmph,” Rarity said, scoffing

“Guh…” AppleJack said, as students were chattering constantly.

“Remember, we have to be good enough to make it through but not so good we let the sirens see the magic within us. They could realize we plan to use it against them,” Twilight said to the group

“Got it! Be cool enough to win, but not so cool that we end up showing off the whole ears and tails and rainbows thing. Sooo... about twenty percent less cool,” RainbowDash said.

(0:47) “Wait, why do I feel like there’s magic other than theirs, and It feels so... Malicious?” Aria asked under her breath, looking around.

“No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No!” Daphnes thought in his head, as he was in disguise, watching, and noticing he was leaking Malice from his shoulder, and Aria was looking for where the Malice was coming from since he was producing an excess amount.

“Dude! Cool it!” Serif said.

“Sorry, I can’t stop producing it naturally.” Daphnes tried to hold the Malice off for as long as he could.

“Aria, what’re you doing?!” Adagio said quietly, as she caught her looking around before she sensed the exact same magic.

“What is that enormous amount of Malicious magic I sense?” She asked, before Daphnes got extremely worried, and ran straight into the hallway, keeping out of the auditorium to keep people safe, and Sonata noticed him running to the hallway.

“Hey, girls? I’m going to go out for a bit, Just… Tell me when the Rainbooms' performance ends, okay?” Sonata said, and both Aria and Adagio agreed, albeit hesitantly. Immediately Sonata followed Daphnes, who accidentally left a trail. Eventually, he was found in a storage closet, and the jacket he was wearing was on the floor, completely covered in Malice. Sonata smelled it, and realized it was much more potent in dark magic than Equestrian magic could ever be. Immediately she opened the closet and saw Daphnes holding his wrist.

“Why? Why is it spreading so quickly? If I break, I could accidentally kill billions… like I did back then...” Daphnes said, sounding scared of himself… But why was he so scared of himself? He shouldn’t be so scared, considering he was a student… Right? Immediately Sonata looked close and saw he changed his clothes to something she didn’t recognize.

“A-are you okay?” Sonata asked concerned, and Daphnes screamed, turned around, made direct eye contact with Sonata, who got startled and was on the ground.

“...Those eyes… I’ve seen them before, but where?” Daphnes said, still somewhat startled.

“Uhh… Nice to meet you.” Sonata sniffed his hand, curious of the Malice.

“...you followed me because of this, isn’t that right?” Daphnes said, summoning a small orb of Malice, letting her look at it.

“Mhm! My name’s Sonata, nice to meet you… whatever your name is.”

“Daphnes. You won’t need to call me anything else… but please, let’s not mention this to anybody else?” Daphnes said, giving her enough malice to feed her, Sonata, Aria, and Adagio. “Just say an unwilling student gave you these, ok?”

“Oh.. Okay. But they won’t believe it,” Sonata said, then Daphnes smiled softly.

“Just… Say that it’s a bit of a spoiler on who gave it to you.” Daphnes changed clothes quickly, and had Sonata walk in near the end of the performance and gave her 3 small Malice Fragments.

“Finally Sonata’s back, where were you, and did you get the magic?” Aria asked, actively excited.

“Heh, Spoilers, Arie. I’ll tell you when we get back to base,” Sonata said, with the same snark Daphnes remembered River Song had. Eventually, the Song ended, and the Rainbooms ran off the stage.

“Ruined! Absolutely ruined!” Rarity said, in tears.

“Rarity were you tryin' to make us lose out there?!” Applejack said, angry.

“Wh- Oh! This was not my fault! This was an act of sabotage!” Rarity said.

“Yeah, well, whoever did this couldn't have done this if you didn't insist on dressin' like... like... this!” AppleJack pointed at Rarity’s outfit. “We need to sound good! Is there some reason that concept seems to escape you?”

“And what was with the confetti, Pinkie Pie? How am I supposed to shred if there's paper stuck in my frets?!” RainbowDash yelled, holding confetti up to PinkiePie.

“It was pretty distracting…” Fluttershy said.

“Ugh! Says the girl who was running from a light the whole time! A light!” PinkiePie said.

“You still sounded much better than most of the other bands,” Sunset Shimmer said. “I'm sure you'll make it to the next round. But it won't matter if you don't have that counter-spell ready. You all find a place to practice where the sirens can't hear you. I'll keep an eye on things around here.”

“I must say, some apologies are owed,” Mettaton said, wheeling up to them.

“Apologies? For what reason? You weren’t the one who was sabotaging us,” AppleJack said.

“For giving you a vastly inflated vision of your ability. You’re not the sirens. You’re just more of the same: amateurs who can’t even run a successful show. I came for sirens, but now I see that this school needs someone who knows what they’re doing,” Mettaton said.

“You do realize we were getting sabotaged, right?” RainbowDash said,

“It wouldn’t have mattered. In fact, I think the ‘sabotage’ was helping matters. The only compliment I have, and yes, I have one, is the keytar player’s outfit. Good choice, using metal. I find that metal gives a certain shine to a show,” Mettaton said, walking off.

“Well at least he knows his fashion choices,” Rarity said, impressed that Mettaton had complimented her outfit.

“Well of course he’d say that. He’s a robot,” AppleJack said. Then Napstablook floated in.

“Oh, hey. Uh, listen, Mettaton’s doing a song he sang in the underground. Shyren’s being Dr. Alphys, but the song involved a human, and he needs someone to be the human. He asked me to come get you,” He said to Sunset Shimmer. “So, uh, can you come? Please? It’s not hard, just a quiz game to go with the song.”

“No thanks, I’d rather be with my friends. thank you for asking though,” Sunset said, denying Mettaton’s request politely.

“Oh, uh, ok,” Napstablook said, flying off afterward.

“Yeah, I’m not taking any chances with him, especially after that warning,” Sunset said to the rest of the rainbooms, and trying to walk off.

“Mettaton! Can I play your game? Please? I love games!” Sonata asked.

“That might not go well. If the Dazzlings get too public-” The Doctor said.

“Oh! You want to instead? Why yes, of course. On you go,” Mettaton said.

“WAIT!!” Sunset shouted, trying to keep Sonata away from the show. “I’ll do it. Sonata can watch for all I care.”

“I knew you couldn’t resist the spotlight. Well now, Shyren will tell you what you are to do. This is going to be stellar!” Mettaton said.

“Don’t get the wrong idea, I’m just doing this because it’s the right thing to do,” Sunset whispered in Sonata’s ear.

“So Mettaton’s gonna do some stuff, just play along,” Shyren said once they were on stage.

(0:20) “Oh, it’s this,” Serif said. “Don’t worry, Sunset’ll be fine, I’ve seen this before and no-one gets hurt.”
(End) “Well… that happened,” Sunset said after Mettaton was through and she got off the stage.

“Yeah, and he was being a bit over the top,” RainbowDash said.

“Like you aren’t at times, Dash?” FlutterShy said.

“Can you please not argue right now?” Twilight said.

Author's Note:

D30’s comment: If my use of the media seems weird here, use it like this: Play the song as though it’s happening in the story, and use specified points for where things outside the video happen. Note in the note: this only applies to songs in the battle of the bands with lyrics. The rest use normally.

Sword’s comment: Whilst I have not seen the entire movie of rainbow rocks, I was interested by scenes of the movie