• Published 17th May 2019
  • 2,186 Views, 273 Comments

Twilight Daylight: Psera, The Legend of Legends - thedarktome



After the birth of Fresh Dawn, Queen Twilight "Arcadia Nova" Sparkle of Psera is ready to begin a new life with her husband King Shimmering Madun. But Twilight has a question on her mind.

  • ...
6
 273
 2,186

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 05 - The Diary of Narmeelah

After receiving an urgent notice from Queen Arcadia overseas, Bright Gold abandoned her works and got on the Comm Block down in Building Three at Serl, a little feet away from S3. Wearing a standard white lab coat, she walked past the guards wearing golden plated armor, reflecting off the hot sun and pushed open the glass doors for the building. This was just the communication side of things. Like how Cop holds the PDS Main Obelisk, Serl holds Building Three, the main server for communication with the Comm Blocks used in Serl. From here, she could get in direct contact with the ponies in Equestria. Whatever was happening there must've been big for Queen Arcadia to send an urgent notice.

A Guard sitting behind a desk shot their head up as she entered. Bright flashed her badge and continued walking, making her way towards a room on the right while the guard continued whatever they were doing behind that desk. Her hooves stopped at the steel door while a single one messed with a pad on the side to unlock it. Once it did, she strode into a comparatively dark area of the building, fitted with crystals all around her connected to each other by a massive body of glowing wires.

Directly in the middle was a single large crystal, bigger than the rest in the shape of a starburst. Spikes stuck out like miniature knives that all the cords eventually reached back to. Hundreds of them all hitting Queen Arcadia's star. Bright stared upon this amazing device for a moment, reminiscing when she first met Queen Arcadia. Has it been that long already? Without taking her eyes off the glowing star, She gripped her own Comm Block and took it off.

She made her way through the cobweb of glowing wires over to a wall where there were even more spare channels. She sat down and randomly grabbed another then lightly touched it to her Block. The wire automatically split off into what look like a claw and latched on. A violet glow like the others climbed up the cord, latching itself onto Queen Arcadia's star. Then the connection was complete.

This is my first time doing this, she thought before Bright raised the Comm Block up to her mouth and asked, "Bright Gold to Queen Arcadia, can you hear me?"

"Bright Gold, I need that PPU over in Equestria as soon as possible," Queen Arcadia responded back.

"They're already on their way. But if I may, why are you requesting the PPU?"

"...we found the Diary. The Diary of Narmeelah. It has to be the Diary of Narmeelah. According to record, there have been no other ponies who left Psera. During the trade today, a book that a king found as a distraction was put up for sale here. Upon further investigation, I realized the book has a title in Old Pseratopian reading, 'Diary.' And it held the Original Crest of Psera on the front. Gardeen can validate this. I'm afraid it may collapse."

"Yes, ma'am. Serl will be waiting by the portal on the other side for you. Until then."

"Until then." Bright Gold grabbed the claw and pulled it off. Then placed the Comm Block on hoof and hightailed it out of the room. She needed to gather all the technicians and more to the Embassy of Equestria in Cop. Immediately.


The Trade Room was once again amidst babbles when the Royals of each country began to pack up and prepare to head home to their lands. Princess Twilight was eagerly speaking to the Royalty of each nation, thanking them for coming while Equestria waited for the trade items. And with a strained smile, did the same to South Neighton's Madam Singe when she approached her.

She held out a hoof with a smile while their guards held a staring contest. "It's been wonderful having you join us, Madam Singe," she appeased.

Madam Singe didn't even bother a smile of her own. "Thank you, Princess Twilight Sparkle. I felt welcome." Since she didn't offer her hoof, Twilight cleared her throat and awkwardly pulled hers back. Shining Armor was really fuming.

"Princess Twilight." Twilight looked over at the Guard she sent to retrieve those books currently making his way over, balancing the large tomes on his back.

"Excellent timing!" She cheered. Then gestured for him to follow her back into the circle where King Chancellor was sitting and waiting. "I am sorry for the wait, but here are the tomes for Starswirl the Bearded." The Guard leaned over and slid them on the table in between them. The Diary of Narmeelah was on the right, still held under lock and key since they closed it back when Arcadia asked them to kindly preserve it.

King Chancellor stood up and approached the books with an eye of hope, something Twilight took note of. Using his magic, he flipped it open to a random page and read it for a few seconds. Then smiled and nodded eagerly towards Twilight. "Yes, these will do. Thank you, Princess Twilight."

"You're... Welcome," Twilight responded awkwardly. Then thought about what she just saw. From what she remembered about the Forgotten Land they don't use a lot of Natural Magic. Grass, trees, anything like that. And haven't for many many years. Why would he need a book on Nature Magic all of a sudden? They usually preferred for everything to grow on its own. "Um, King Chancellor? If I may ask you a question, it's about your country."

Celestia, Luna, Cadance, and Shining Armor turned their way when they heard her speak. King Chancellor nodded and motioned for her to ask. "From what I understand, The Forgotten Land does not use Nature Magic, a law that your country put into place many many years ago. Why ask for books on Nature Magic?"

King Chancellor took a sad deep breath then sat down. "I'll be honest with you, Princess. Our country is... Going through a bit of a crisis at the moment."

"Crisis?"

"Yes. Our food shortage. I do not think anyone in here knows this, but my country, The Forgotten Land, our food is... Changing." Queen Novo looked over and listened in when she picked up on their conversation. Same with a few more nations. "Our carrots mysteriously change into this... Gel like material. Our Cabbages melt into puddles of goo, and anything else that is a vegetable... Dies."

"Your nation is going through weird changes as well?" Queen Novo asked. She walked over with her party and stated, "My defensive line of sponges that protects Seaquestria is mysteriously dying. They turn gray and out of life in a moments notice."

"Are your countries going through plagues?" Madam Singe asked from afar. "South Neighton is going through weird things and strange plagues also. My ponies there change colors and tongues drastically. As if they were three different ponies while my land goes through a plague of fruit. Like your vegetables and sponges, they die out."

"You believe that is strange?" Everyone turned to Prance's Consort Snow who said, "Unlike most of the world, the land underneath my ponies' hooves gives way, which is void of magic. Instead of staying on land, they rise into the air without wings, and our trees are dying out. Including in our preserved parks. We have no explanation, their roots are lively and filled with life until they reach the tree above ground, which dies."

After that, one by one, the countries all recalled the strange happenings in their lands. From Hoof Yun's lack of Freshwater and their runaway animals, to the Dragon Land's sudden appearance of underground water, which has never happened at all. South Neighton has experienced Wildfires that are colored purple, and their Seaweed has gone missing, something edible for them. Saddle Arabia has been having massive Earthquakes, despite having no Fault Lines. And Breighton is just now witnessing a wood shortage that becomes wet all of a sudden. After that, all countries were talking at once.

"What's happening?"

"This cannot be a coincidence!"

"Is there a new enemy?"

Eventually, it annoyed Queen Arcadia. "Everypony, PLEASE!" Everyone stopped talking, ceasing all the noise in the room and turned their wide eyes to her in surprise. After rubbing her forehead, Arcadia explained the issue.

"Look. All of you seem to be going through a crisis at the same time and they all may be connected. But we won't figure it out now. This is why the International House of Trade was created. For instances such as this so we can help one another. Equestria has already been through a plague and we managed to get through it. But for right now, we are still recuperating our losses. Until then, I suggest everyone research and discover the main issues in their losses. I was already spoken to by Queen Novo regarding their plague of sponges in Seaquestria and loss of grass on Mount Aris. My suggestion was to act fast so your ponies can survive. Adaptation is your greatest tool, and it is the only thing you can do until a remedy is found. So, the first thing I recommend you all do is adjust to your backups. Food that you rarely eat start eating it. Tools you rarely use, start using them. Buildings you don't live in, start living in them. And at the same time, try to figure out."

"Why should we listen to you?" Arcadia groaned and rolled her eyes. Then turned them to the snide voice of Madam Singe, still holding that I'm-big-shims look. She's about had it with this mare. "We will run our countries how we see fit." Queen Novo shook her head. This Mare....

Twilight sighed and answered, "I really don't care if you don't listen to me. For all I really care, you can take my words and stuff them in a bin. I'm just trying to help. But listen closely Madam Singe..." Twilight turned her body and began to slowly make her way up to Madam Singe with her guards. "When Equestria went through a metal shortage, and they couldn't figure it out, guess who they turned to." Twilight teleported right in front of her, eyes full of fury. "They turned to ME!" She yelled, right in her face.

Out of surprise, Madam Singe's guards swiftly pulled out their magically enhanced swords before they found their necks pressed against with cold steel, freezing them. Four of Arcadia's guards still in Equestria's Royal Guard Armor put their own bladed weapons to their bodies in the front while two more had spears at their sides. Six guards on two. The other Royals stepped back from their sudden appearance while Arcadia continued to speak through her teeth. "Guess who ponies turn to when a problem is abound? When there is trouble? When some creature is in need? They all. Turn. To me. But at the end of the day, I just give them advice and I may, or may not take defensive or offensive action. I just give them a few words. It's up to them if they listen or not, so right now I do not care if you listen, if you don't listen, if you take those words and shove them up a pony's flank, I just don't care. Because you have been giving me nothing but trouble on the first day since we've been here. But I know for a fact that if you don't do something now, this plague will only get worse. I've seen it happen with my own eyes. In body. So what are you going to do? Listen to a pony that actually has experience in the midst of one of these plagues and helped fix it, or listen to yourself who has absolutely no idea what is going on and is screaming questions to the sky asking, 'Why is this happening? Who is doing this?' You can only make one choice, Madam Singe. I recommend you make the wise one."

"Your highness." Twilight turned towards the entrance to the hallway. A Pegasus had walked in with a lab coat, a mask, and hoof covers, waving her way. "The PPU has arrived."

Twilight immediately beamed and teleported over, completely forgetting Madam Singe's face. Her guards removed their weapons and trotted after her, leaving them all frozen in surprise. "Excellent!" Twilight teleported out for a moment before returning with her own things. A violet lab coat, hoof covers, and mask, all on. "I am not so sure how it reacts to magic, so we have to use our hooves. Be extremely careful."

The technician nodded and turned around to grab something while more voices spoke in the hall. She, along with five more ponies pulled in a long and wide white tube with a round glass cover and big rubber wheels into the room, following Twilight towards the center where the case sat. Many ponies moved out the way so they can roll it by and stopped it right beside the table.

"Gardeen!" Twilight called. Gardeen was at her side in a few seconds. "I need you to have everyone waiting for me at the castle. Hopefully we can have this back before something happens and put in containment."

"Yes, ma'am." Gardeen quickly walked away while the technicians applied brakes on the pod. Then unlocked the airlocks on the sides. It hissed loudly and popped open, letting in air. Celestia and the rest of Equestria walked forward, looking inside. The interior of it was mesh and extremely soft, based off of a Pseratep's prodding.

The one poking at it looked up at Queen Arcadia and nodded. She nodded back and turned to the case. "King Chancellor, I need you to unlock the case." The King, who was watching with surprise like everyone else motioned towards the same guard who quickly did as asked. Once it was unlocked, the technicians all gathered around. And when the book came into view, they gasped loudly.

"Oh my stars!"

"It's still intact! It has the crest!"

"How long?!"

Twilight cleared her throat and said, "This is real. I scanned it for a few seconds with my magic. It dates back nearly a million years ago."

"Oh my Celestia, it's hers," one whispered. "We finally found it."

Twilight nodded and replied, "Yes, now let's make sure we can transport it one piece. Where's the paddle?" A regular plastic paddle that smelled of disinfectant was raised by her head. Twilight pointed to the book and ordered, "When I pick it up, I need you to slide it underneath so we can get it onboard."

"Yes, ma'am."

Twilight sat down and lifted her front hooves. Then leaned over and took a deep breath. This was an important moment. There was no telling how long it's been exposed to constantly changing air. Her hooves calmly touched the sides and lifted it. The paddle was swiftly pushed underneath it and the book was laid back down. Those not holding the paddle stepped to the side while the Pseratep that was holding it slowly rotated their body, pointing the book towards the open door to the pod. Then cautiously pushed it into the padded region. Once it slid off and was comfortably settled in on the extremely soft padding, another technician closed the door back while one more shut the lid.

"Your highness, I just thought of something." Twilight looked towards a Guard while the technicians locked the pod by flipping large switches between the glass and the carrier. Then messed with a control panel on the side. They whispered, "We have no idea how it works with magic, but... Your portal..."

Arcadia nodded and replied, "I am well aware. But magic cannot move into the pod since there is no air circulation within its environment. It should be unaffected when we let it out. Your concern is appreciated."

After the Guard saluted, Twilight trotted over to the technicians and bent low, looking at the control panel on the side of the pod facing away from the rest of the lawmakers. "These readings are safe," she whispered. "Okay, I'm compressing it." Twilight flipped a switch, triggering a beeping and an air release. The wind being pushed out of the pod blew back Twilight's mane, as well as anyone else standing nearby.

"What is that?" Madam Singe asked, impressed by the machine. The technicians turned her way, then back to Twilight, who was shaking her head. "Young lady, I am talking to you."

"Excuse me." Twilight turned to the door where... Uh oh. Twilight Velvet just so happened to poke her head in and heard what she just said. As well as her father. Shining and Twilight smiled, this just became really interesting. Ignoring everyone, Twilight Velvet strode in and stated, "I don't know who you think you are—"

"I am Madam Singe of South Neighton," Madam Singe interrupted.

"Yeah, and I am Twilight's mother." The room was once again quiet, just like on the first day as Twilight Velvet strode up to Madam Singe. "You could rule the entire world and I will not tolerate your mouth to my daughter. You apologize!"

Madam Singe swallowed hard and whispered, "I apologize—"

"Not to me." Twilight Velvet pointed to Princess Twilight, wearing her getup.

Madam Singe groaned and turned to Twilight. "I greatly apologize for how I treated you."

Twilight glanced up and responded with a smile, "Thank you."

Twilight Velvet turned back to Madam Singe while the technicians and Twilight proceeded to move the pod out of the room, and soon the building. "I don't want to hear you talking to my daughter that way ever again. How would you feel if someone talked to your child that way?" Twilight Velvet held her head up high before she filed out of the room. Literally leaving on a high note. No one messes with her filly.

Shining chuckled and whispered, "Go mom, go."


It didn't take long for the book to be compressed. And once it was, the brakes were lifted and the PPU was pushed back through the Crystal halls for the entrance to the castle. While Twilight watched over the book inside the pod as they moved through the guarded hallways, Twilight Velvet trotted over and asked, "So, dear? What is this?" She pointed to the pod.

Clearing her throat, Queen Arcadia answered, "This is a very important record of events that hold possibly hundreds of clues involving a missing pony. It's been sought after for years, but we could never find it. Because it was buried a mile deep underground."

"Oh." Velvet looked inside at the book's state. The area where the book would be opened was covered by a flap with a rounded turquoise gem. "It... Looks like a diary."

"That's what it is, yes. But it's very important. I'm taking it back home."

The guards at the end of the hall opened the doors, letting the group walk out and into the sunny warm air of the Crystal Empire. Arcadia's guards were already out there, a league of twenty. Arcadia stopped at the door and ordered, "See to it that this pod gets back to the station."

Captain Blinding Silver saluted before Twilight turned around and made her way back inside. Two of her guards stayed with her and her mother as she moved for the staircase. "I have to pack my things and get back to the Embassy," she whispered. "My little Filly's expecting me home soon."

She stopped in front of her room and pushed the door open. Then walked in and made her way to the bed while using her magic to collect all her things. Twilight Velvet repeatedly ducked to the side and jumped over things as they flew around. Even folded up and tucked themselves into the suitcases. Arcadia smirkef and picked up her daughter's doll. "Fresh Dawn gave this to me to help with my dreams. I'm telling you, her special talent definitely has something to do with dreams."

Twilight Velvet immediately bolted over and looked at the doll. "Awww, she's too sweet. If she needs more dolls, I'm sure Flurry would be really happy to loan some of hers. She's starting to get rid of them anyway."

"I did promise to bring something back to her." Arcadia calmly set the doll inside. Then closed the lid and locked it back. "I'm hoping that Diary holds answers. Because I really just want to go back to my family."


The mountains of The Forgotten Land, a continent past the Frozen North of Equestria that was as big as Equestria, just riddled with high green Mountains, and hills of grass. The Valley of Veil, an area filled with nature, homes, a large community. Huge by Forgotten Land standards compared to the much smaller towns spread throughout the small continent, filled with Alicorns. Foals rumbling and tumbling through the many flowers and dirt, using magic and more as they moved, trying to catch each other. Adult mares and stallions as well moved about the land as they worked, making their country a better place.

The castle cast a shadow on the valley once the sun began to set, raised and set by their friends in the far South of Equestria, where Magic was truly a thing. The building was constructed out of stone and steel, its halls busy with servants, nobilists, and guards. As well as the King. There was a mail room, a dungeon, and more below it in the lower floors of the five floor building with tall hallways, spires that held lookouts, barely used by the Guard since their captain rarely expects trouble. No reason to waste their vision on looking at horizons.

Trouble was directly below them. Deep down below all the dirt, gravel, nature, oil, all of it was a very large cavern built out of rock. The round walls had been scribbled over with writing all over the ceiling, created out of some type of old chalk. Flames of purple lit the walls, highlighting the text, the top of the cave, and the true size of it. About as big as Psera's royal dining hall. Flames licked and danced along the wall bearing a locking rune in Pseratopian. A locking rune that shimmered a light green and moved.

It spun to the right. Faster and faster before it shattered, bringing a crack to the wall fitted with even more runes that continued to pop and shatter like combusting lightbulbs. The power within was too much, and the runes too old. Eventually turning it into a bunch of spiderwebs. All was silent for a few seconds once they were all gone, leaving the wall gray and dark.

A very large claw shot out of the wall, sending flying dirt, dust and debris over the floor and into the air while the flames changed from violet to red. The claw clenched at the air before a second one thrust out of the wall, holding the same affect. Then the rest came tumbling down. Behind that wall was a tomb. A tomb that was much bigger than the hallway leading up to the seemingly empty wall. In that tomb held a creature. A Draconequus.

But unlike Discord, who seemed silly in this comparison, this Draconequus was big. Very large. So much so that the tomb couldn't contain all of its body mass and their snake-like body poured out onto the stone floor, shaking the area around it as their body filled the entire hallway. They had bared sharp teeth, unlike fangs that held only two. Her maw was filled with them, big enough to engulf an entire pony. Her head much bigger with closed eyes and dragon ears. Her many manyscales were multiple colors that changed each time a light hit it while she had big rear hooves in the back of her body. The tail was that of a large dragon's with a very sharp edge.

The creature remained motionless before the eyes popped open, staring ahead at the stone wall with intimidating red and black reptilian orbs. They glanced left. Then right. And slowly narrowed before the creature's maw of teeth turned into an intimidating and sadistic grin. Using her large claws, she lifted them up and slammed them down on the ground, turning it into lava almost instantly. Then took a deep breath and slowly rose to her claws and hooves, staring at the wall directly across from them.

This one was too covered in runes. But unlike the Draconequus', they were branded with protection. The creature sighed and whispered in a booming feminine voice, "Oh Narmeelah. You may have won the last battle..." She crawled forward through the suddenly small space and submerged her long and large reptilian body into the lava. Then rose up so only her angry eyes and a bit of her head were visible. "But your spell trapped me for only a limited time while yours was permanent. Entirely foolish. I bet you forgot..."

She dunked her head back under for a few seconds, filling the cavern with only the sound of the lava's bubbling. Then a small black hoof like a regular pony's emerged and landed on the remaining land between the river of lava and Narmeelah's tomb. An adult unicorn mare with a dark blue coat with a blue and green mane and tail crawled out, smiling up at Narmeelah's symbol with black and yellow reptilian eyes.

"I never give up on my original goals. Like the original plan to... Rid of you, thus leaving nothing in my way as I... fix your oppressive world. Enjoy your eternal sleep, my old foe. Because I am awake."

Chuckling silently, the pony ran back and jumped straight into the lava before it turned back into stone. Once it did, the red flames blew out, turning the region dark. Leaving her tomb. And the tomb of Narmeelah.

PreviousChapters Next