• Published 17th May 2019
  • 2,186 Views, 273 Comments

Twilight Daylight: Psera, The Legend of Legends - thedarktome



After the birth of Fresh Dawn, Queen Twilight "Arcadia Nova" Sparkle of Psera is ready to begin a new life with her husband King Shimmering Madun. But Twilight has a question on her mind.

  • ...
6
 273
 2,186

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 09 - Ho Oh Boy; Takeover

It was pure chaos on the Eastside of Mount Aris. It was crowded, busy, and scary. Full of fear. Hippogriffs of all types and sizes were crying, running around, and shouting. Medics and doctors, those that survived were doing what they could to tend to the wounded that were nearly scratched. It almost made Queen Novo cry when she looked at the hundred something Hippogriffs running around below her, trying to get to safety while the guards were knocking back the pursuing Infected Hippogriffs. It was a battle on her home, once more.

She landed with her own group at the hill of her citizens and looked around at the chaos. "Skystar!" She shouted.

"Mom!" Skystar zipped over from out of the crowd and wrapped her hooves around Novo's neck.

Novo hugged her tight. She was safe and unharmed. That was all that mattered for her family. She pulled back and asked, "Are you hurt? What happened?"

Skystar pointed towards the ocean in the distance and answered, "They came in from Seaquestria! I think these creatures are the Griffs who never made it out. Shining Pearl helped me get out. But something happened to them in that water." Novo sighed and looked to the dead brown grass beneath her talons, making a mental note to thank her Assistant later. Twilight was right. If she didn't act by now this would all be so much worse. They needed to evacuate Mount Aris. Now.


The Castle of the Gods was silent. All eyes were on Queen Arcadia Nova's progression, making her way to the Royal Suite carrying reports and notices in front of her face. Reading and listening to her excitable daughter. Fresh Dawn was scampering around a few feet ahead of her talking about flowers. "Then daddy showed me pink flowers, red flowers, orange flowers, white flowers, so many flowers!"

Arcadia lowered the sheets and looked to Fresh Dawn with a loving smile. "That's wonderful, Sweetie. Did you enjoy yourself?" Fresh Dawn tapped her hooves together excitedly, laughing cutely. "I'll take that as a yes."

After Arcadia landed in Psera from visiting Equestria and talking to Discord, she dropped her daughter off with her husband and zoomed straight to Serl's much lower facilities. Underground, where the diary of Narmeelah was being held. Her reason? A possible international emergency. She also informed the Senate about it just to be safe. The book was secured by a six foot thick steel door that slid to the side after Queen Arcadia typed her code in on a nearby keypad.

Wearing a lab coat, mask, and covers, she walked in and made way for the book held inside of a glass box. Unlike anyone, Twilight didn't need to endanger its current state to the elements. Using her magic, she flipped it open and started reading. Taking notes and more. The book held amazing information. Narmeelah was real. How Psera was created, the gold underneath the land for building material who shockingly did what Twilight did. Changed it to steel. She never planted straight steel because it would grow too slow and prove difficult to mine. Gold was more simple and soft to extract than the coal here. Wow.

After a few hours into that evening, Twilight found what she was looking for. And dreading it. An entry of an enemy. The same one Discord told her about. "'Dear Diary,'" she read. "'The land slumbers while I stay awake. Plagued with the thoughts for my opposite. Maheera grows uneasy. Anxious to undo all I have done for the sake of equality and greed. The Goddess of Chaos makes steps to create more. I fear time is running short. As of now, she attacks the land of magic. I must act quickly.'"

Twilight hummed behind her mask. Eyes narrowed and trained on that name. Maheera. The Original God of Chaos. She wanted a world of nonsense while Narmeelah wanted order and peace. Sounded like Equestria versus Discord. Just on a way more large and deadlier scale. Twilight sighed and began to close the book before a single word caught her eye on an earlier page. Obelisk.

Obelisk? Narmeelah had tall spires and other shapes for building materials. But an Obelisk definitely wasn't one of those. None that she read or even heard about. Intrigued, Twilight opened the entry and read it. "'Dear Diary. I had another vision. This one more peculiar than the earliest. I have seen purple Crystal Obelisks surround my nation. Unbeknownst providing defense to my Pserateps, keeping Maheera herself away shall she ever approach. They hold unimaginable power. I have seen the creator as the only one who can defeat Maheera. Her magic equal to my own. The only Pseratep who has a horn, such as my Unicorns. But wings for the love of Psera. The land she walks blooms with green. A descendant of thee with streaks of purple.'" The more Twilight read, the more unbelievable it became. A white noise was beginning to ring in her ears, body shaking in fear. The clean white room was becoming blurry when all of her senses trained only on the words. "'Thy knowledge unbeaten, intelligence matches my own. My descendant of millions of generations. I have seen... Twilight 'Arcadia Nova' Sparkle, Saviour and Queen of Psera... Save my world.'"

Twilight raised a hoof and rang the brass bell beside the glass box madly. "Get me Bright Gold! At once!" She yelled. "My name is in the Diary of Narmeelah!"

When Bright Gold read the entry, she just stared at it with a very weird face. Like everything in her head broke. While she stared, Arcadia gathered her notes and ordered, "I want the Diary of Narmeelah packed and ready for a visit to the Senate Hall in Cop as soon as possible. I must speak with Celestia at once." After that Arcadia zipped right back to Cop and inside the castle. Her daughter just happened to be running around causing trouble again. Something involving the kitchen downstairs and a dune of sand. She somehow snuck away from the Throne Room and went adventuring. Twilight empathized her anxiety. The castle was really big. Huge actually. So for her to get lonely in here was definitely bound to happen. She was likely wandering to find someone to play with. Thus the reason her mother thought it a good idea to stick with her and keep little Dawn close.

"Daddy was strange though," Dawn added to their conversation. "He didn't want to talk."

"That's because Daddy has to run the country. Just like mommy." Arcadia lowered the papers and stacked them together. Then used her hooves to swoop her daughter up and hug her close. "But that doesn't mean we'll forget our favorite filly in the entire world! Who's my little filly?" Twilight flipped her and blew raspberries in her tummy. Dawn giggled and wiggled her hooves around.

"Mommy, stop it! That tickles!" Arcadia pulled back and levitated Dawn onto her back. Then continued walking for her office. Thankfully the Guards found it a good idea to finally leave them be while they were in the castle to give the family some space. All of that was out of their control. The Guard knew best.

Up ahead, Twilight spotted Gardeen running past onto another hallway and glance her way. She slid out of sight for a moment then doubled back down to them, huffing and puffing.

"Arcadia," she gasped, taking a breather. She slowed to a stop in front of them. Then fell on her chest, exposing her rump to the air. Twilight couldn't help but think of Pink's face if she was right behind her. Where did that thought come from? "Princess Celestia wants to speak with you as soon as possible. She's waiting for you in the Throne Room."

Arcadia nodded and ordered, "Have her escorted to my study please. And Gardeen, you need a break. Really." She leaned in and whispered, "Maybe with Pink? Try not to have your flank up in the air like that unless she's around watching somewhere." Gardeen immediately shot up and looked around with dark red cheeks.

"Y-Y-Yes, ma'am." Arcadia smiled before Gardeen shuffled off, leaving Arcadia with her daughter once again.

Dawn watched her walk away for a moment. Then yelled, "Aunt Gardeen!!" Gardeen turned around to the little Princess with a face of wait. "Bring back Maphitos!"

"No, no Maphitos!" Arcadia quickly denied. Then shuffled off for her office. What was so important that Celestia had to come here during her Ruling? She told Celestia to only come if it were an emergency.

Maybe it was an emergency.

Arcadia broke into a run with Fresh Dawn's hooves around her neck. After a few minutes she slowed down to in front of the violet double doors, flanked by two Elite Guards wearing violet steel armor with Twilight's insignia on the sides. They saluted as she walked past with Dawn, who responded in her own cute little way.

Waving wildly, she greeted, "Hi, everypony! Hi, hi!" The guards smiled at her while Arcadia used her magic to open the doors, revealing the glowing room, lit by an artificial sun rotating from above that could warm the room. Arcadia's study, or office was the biggest in the entire castle. Unlike in the past, it had been remodeled by herself, expanding the packed bookcases up two floors, packed with books from the castle back in Equestria. Along with some from Canterlot and the Crystal Empire. Decorative overgrowth grew on the bookcases, traveling up on the borders between them while flowers and more grew. Large paintings and pictures flanked the wall behind her desk of her friends in Equestria, in Psera, newspapers of her, pictures of her family, and many more.

And in the middle inside a glass box on the wall was the Sparkle Sword, kept under a locking enchantment to keep ponies from taking it. After her husband gifted it to her when she was crowned in front of all of Psera, Arcadia placed a bit of her magic inside, creating a glow and an emergency escape effort. At the time it held one-fourth of her magic before it all came back to her from Psera's love. The sword held great magic. So much energy.

Once the doors were shut, Arcadia calmly walked towards her desk and placed her documents down. She levitated Fresh Dawn off her back into her chair to grab a folder. Grinning, Dawn ran her hooves over the cool wood of the desk, fawning at her reflection on the top. Blinking at it, she looked up towards her mother, who was smiling just the same. Twilight was already seeing a young queen at the age of four. But first, she had to make one thing known.

Sighing, she softly placed the notes inside the folder she found. Then sat down and picked up her daughter, smiling into her eyes. "Dawn... When you grow up, I want you to know something," she whispered.

"What's that, mommy?" she whispered back. Her eyes were so full of life and attention.

Arcadia reached down and softly stroked her mane. "That you don't have to be Queen. When you were born, you were given the right to become Queen when either your father or I step down from the throne or move on to be with Narmeelah because of Psera's laws. But you don't have to make that choice. In the end, your happiness is what counts. Okay?"

Dawn blinked at her. With an ear flick she replied, "I don't get it."

"When you become older, you will know. I love you, Dawn."

"I love you too, mommy." The two shared a deep nuzzle that lasted seconds. Dawn knew that if there was no one else around, her mother definitely would be. They ceased their nuzzling after Arcadia planted a kiss on her head. And after somepony knocked politely on the door.

Coming up with an idea, Arcadia smiled and asked, "Want to play a joke on Aunt Celestia? I want you to say this, okay?"

On the other side, the Guards were eyeing the Princess oddly. She didn't look too good, but they were going to leave it to their Queen to handle. Celestia swallowed and tried to straighten her multicolored mane. "Enter!" A small squeaky voice yelled. Strange. Celestia took a deep breath and pushed the handle down.

The office was elegant as always. Full of light, bright, warm. Decorative. Neat and in a system. Just how Twilight likes it.

Celestia quickly strode across the carpeted floor bearing a giant version of Twilight's cutie mark towards the desk with the backwards-facing chair right behind it. Celestia's mane was all over the place, and her eyes held a tired look to them.

"Twilight, we have an emergency involving all IHT Members," she immediately started off. "There are creatures matching Discord's description raiding their lands and hurting others. They are currently residing in Equestria, but I fear we have only just begun in these strange attacks... Twilight?"

The chair swiveled around, revealing... Fresh Dawn?! She was grinning like usual with outstretched hooves. "Hi, Aunt Celestia! Welcome to my castle! Did you come to see me? Or mommy? Or daddy? Or Grandma? Or Aunt Merry?"

Oh Faust, no. "Hi, Fresh Dawn. Yes, I've come to see your mother. Where is she?"

"Right behind you!"

Celestia turned around and yelped at Twilight's grinning face. The Queen laughed then poked Celestia's nose. "Gotcha! Sorry, I'm not really good at jokes. Now what is this about IHT Members being attacked? Great job, Dawn."

While Arcadia made her way around Celestia and for her chair, she answered, "Equestria has unfortunately been suddenly stuck with all the creatures of the world!"

Twilight nearly tripped out of surprise. She grabbed Dawn in her magic and sat down with her on her lap. "What? How? Why? When?... And where are they being held? Equestria's only so big, it's nearly impossible to hold them all."

Celestia sighed and sat down. "We have placed them everywhere, but mainly in the north. The Creatures Discord spoke of have landed on the foreign lands and infected a majority amount. Just as he said, we can't hurt them. They're still ponies, you can see it."

Twilight asked, "Wait, when did you even start opening your borders for them?"

"We didn't. Let me tell you how it happened."

Seven Days Ago, East Coastline of Equestria

Mount Aris was a friendly nation with Equestria. Everyone on both lands knew that. Those ponies were allowed in. You couldn't miss a Hippogriff if you tried. But other countries had to have special access. Those that didn't had to be excluded and apply for entry through the Embassies in their lands. The Guards that stood at their post were slightly sloppy. But overall good. They never really had to worry about anything in the past. But now, things were slightly tense. Thanks to these plagues, the coast to Mount Aris was dense with a brown fog of some sort. And it was silent. The train conductor who moved the train that way was paranoid. So much so that the train system administrators ceased operations for Aris.

All eyes were on the haze, watching every single speck behind it move. Of course there was always that one pony who just needed to break the silence. The eerie creepy silence that washed over everything. Even the wind just stopped. The line of guards were like a large bar of gold to anyone incoming. Full of Earth Pony, Unicorn, and Pegasi. "Hey." Everyone turned to the pony in the middle, investigating his crossbow. "So I got this new crossbow. I have yet to test it out."

The guard on his left asked, "We all have new crossbows. Why is yours so special?"

"Because... I painted mine." The guard rolled his eyes and focused back on the distance when suddenly something screamed. He widened his eyes and whispered, "What the buck?"

The Captain raised his hoof and yelled, "Hold your fire! Hold it!" The Guard all trained their weapons on the fog but didn't make a move. The Guard who was very fascinated on his new gear took a few deep breaths. A Hippogriff. One single Hippogriff ran out of the fog, heading straight for them.

"Help! They're attacking, they're—" Another Hippogriff or something, one that looked extremely dangerous ran out of the haze and jumped right on the other, pinning him to the ground. This one had long fangs and claws, a mishmash of creatures. The guard gasped before the Hippogriff was dragged back into the fog. His screams died down. Then everything was once again silent.

"What was that?" The Captain whispered. Using his magic, he grabbed the sword on his waist and readied himself.

"Above!" They all looked up at the sky at what looked like an army of dirty Hippogriffs and Queen Novo, all flying straight into Equestria. One of their guards swooped down low and landed in front of the Captain of the Border.

Saluting, he stated, "Captain Rising Showers! We are requesting assistance in arms!"

"At ease, what's going on?" The captain asked. Then readied his sword and spectated the faint outline of the great land of Mount Aris.

"Creatures of unknown origin are attacking Mount Aris and we believe Seaquestria! We aren't sure what, but when they bite another Griff, they morph into them!" The captain turned towards the Mountain and pointed a claw. "There's a horde of thousands up there! We're doing everything we can to keep them back, but no magic affects them! It's unnatural!"

"Incoming!" The captains turned towards the water below and witnessed an entire army of those things run out and onto the beach, heading straight for the hill. Some took to the air, claws and teeth ready.

The unicorns stepped back and locked their hooves into the dirt. Then fired wave after wave of magic at them. But like he said, it never affected them, instead went straight into their bodies and disappeared. They landed on the ground and swiped their claws, hitting the guards one by one.

"Fall back, fall back!" The guards dropped their weapons and ran back towards the land while the Captains followed their own soldiers. Some never made it. Those retreating could hear their voices fading into the growls and howls behind them. "Sound the ALARM!!"

While frustration and a battle waged on the East, Central Equestria stayed put. Elegant and beautiful. The castle glistened from the sun's rays, made possible by Celestia reading on the throne next to Luna. She herself was entirely focused on building a boat in a bottle. Her tongue was sticking out while her eyes were narrowed. Locked in on the piece. Almost there... Almost got it...

The door to the room burst open, forcing Luna to lose focus. Her magic lost hold of the bottle, which fell to the floor and shattered. Celestia and Luna both stared at it for a moment. Then up to the pony who barged in. Surprised and taken back by what they saw. A huffing guard with a plethora of scratches on his armor and one on his cheek was saluting. "Your majesties! Mount Aris is under attack! Hippogriffs have flown here for safety!"

"What?! By whom?!" Celestia didn't wait for an answer. She threw her book to the side and ran towards the door, then out into the hall with Luna closely behind. Along the way, guards readied their weapons. Instructions and orders were given before they flew out the door to whatever fight was happening.

The doors were pushed open into the outside world. All over Canterlot, Hippogriffs were landing, scaring the ponies a little down below them. So much they ran in stores, shut and locked the doors, and hid. Celestia looked around in worry. They did not look good. Their coats and such were dirty, some had deep gashes, scratches, all types of injuries. "Where is Queen Novo? Novo!"

At the mention of her name, Queen Novo looked down from her position in the sky. Many Hippogriffs remained out there, but unfortunately she couldn't save them. At least not all of them. They could only run. Sighing, she jetted down to the ground below. Celestia watched her land, then trotted over to look her over. She didn't look injured. A little scratch here or there on her pristine coat. Other than that she was unharmed.

Luna quickly asked, "What has happened?"

Catching her breath, Queen Novo answered, "Creatures. Monsters! Something is latching onto my ponies and changing them into blood thirsty monstrosities! Taking them down by a single bite or cut! We flew here as fast as we can. My Hippogriffs need medical attention, as you can see." She turned her head around towards the tired Hippogriffs, all waiting for them.

Celestia and Luna shared a look. What happened out there in that fog? Luna asked, "What did they look like?"

"They had the shape and body of a Hippogriff and Seapony. However, they were mixed with all types of dangerous creatures. Snakes, bears, Cockatrices, Timberwolves. It was... It was..."

"Chaotic," Celestia finished for her. She and Luna shared a knowing look. It was happening. They needed to get in contact with Psera as soon as possible. Celestia looked back to Nova and ordered, "Have your citizens move to the land in between Ponyville and Canterlot. It's more than big enough. We'll work out a solution as soon as possible."

Currently

Celestia took another sip of the tea Twilight made to cool her nerves. Then set down the cup on and continued. "Soon after, Breighton, The Forgotten Lands, Prance, even South Neighton, all that were left of them came to Equestria. There were not many of each, but we've run out of space. We're doing what we can to hide the existence of Psera by providing a twenty-four hour glamour through our guards. Because we had to use out our cities. Whatever these creatures are, they do not enter Equestria."

Twilight raised an eyebrow in question. "Why not? Maheera would have everyone in her hooves by then." Twilight took a sip from her own cup with her eyes on Celestia. Fresh Dawn was in the corner playing with her toys, oblivious to their discussion.

Celestia shook her head and answered, "We are unsure. But whatever is happening, all of our military have joined forces to stop them. But we can only do so much. Not to mention, they continue asking for you. We're doing everything we can to ensure you aren't disturbed, but the situation is spiraling out of our control."

Twilight sighed and closed her eyes. The entire world was in an international crisis right now. In the same month they had a theory on what may in fact be going on. "Where are they located?"

"Mostly in between Ponyville and Las Pegasus. No creatures are allowed in the woods. We know they are waiting outside of our borders. Our military are waiting for them."

"Keep them there until it becomes too much. I am sorry this is happening to you, even South Neighton. Thankfully, you're in luck." Celestia gestured with her hoof for Twilight to continue. "Three days ago after our meeting with Discord, I visited the Diary of Narmeelah to investigate what he said. And made... A chilling discovery." Celestia could tell that whatever she found inside of that book made Twilight a little scared. She shivered and one of her feathers on her large wings fell off. "I discovered my name."

Celestia set down the cup and repeated, "Your name."

"My name. Written in a diary over ten million years ago. Twilight 'Arcadia Nova' Sparkle. My name was written from a vision Narmeelah had. The reason she had it was because I was meant to save the world. Against Maheera."

"She knew about this," Celestia assumed. "That Maheera was going to get the upperhoof eventually."

Twilight sighed and stood up from her chair, staring up at the large globe above, providing light and heat. "Yes, she did. And she knew that I was going to save it. After that, I had the Diary carried back here permanently, deep within the Castle in a secure location that nopony can get through. I read through it a few more times and discovered... I play a huge role with all of this."

Twilight walked over to her daughter. Too busy making kissing sounds to even notice until Arcadia picked her up. She squealed out of surprise and stopped moving. "That I am supposed to save everyone by taking Narmeelah's place." Twilight looked back towards Celestia with a straight expression and stated, "I am supposed to fight Maheera. Because only my magic matches the strength of Narmeelah's. It has the same signature, makeup, and compound to be able to hit her. The reason your magic doesn't work against these creatures is because only Pseratep magic works against them."

"You're talking as if Maheera created these creatures," Celestia corrected. "I was told they crawled out of the water and bit others, changing them into monsters."

"Maheera creates these monsters by spreading her magic through the land. Like a shadow. You step in the shadow, you change. Your mind is taken over and you are overwritten. You can be saved, but I don't know how to do that. It's not in her diary. After that, the creatures start spreading by biting, yes. Tired, Dawn?" Dawn yawned and smacked her lips, curling her body into a cute little ball while Arcadia cradled her. "I'll take that as a yes. I'm meeting with the Senate Hall about these discoveries soon. Did you need anything?"

Celestia sighed and turned her head. She was already regretting this. But Celestia answered, "Equestria is becoming overloaded with creatures and we are surrounded by the enemy. They appeared out of nowhere, took us by surprise and weakened us by a few days. Our military is no good if our magic won't work on them. All of our lands are completely overtaken by them in such a short amount of time."

"Are you requesting Military assistance?" Twilight asked.

"We are requesting Psera's assistance, Queen Arcadia. We are requesting... A sanctuary on Psera."

Author's Note:

building a boat in a bottle

I am well aware that the correct phrase is "Ship in a bottle".

PreviousChapters Next