• Published 17th May 2019
  • 2,186 Views, 273 Comments

Twilight Daylight: Psera, The Legend of Legends - thedarktome



After the birth of Fresh Dawn, Queen Twilight "Arcadia Nova" Sparkle of Psera is ready to begin a new life with her husband King Shimmering Madun. But Twilight has a question on her mind.

  • ...
6
 273
 2,186

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 50 - Recovery(Dawn's Magic)

When Twilight's bath and application for healing was finished, she shined brighter than the sun. Her violet coat was immaculate, mane elegantly brushed and more manageable, and her hooves, manicured with the elegance of a rarity. Her right one was wrapped in a stint and her right wing sealed in gauze to prevent further pain. Now she looked exactly like how everyone remembered her with a few added temporary features.

She looked herself over in her room's bathroom mirror and turned her head from side to side. Her mane bounced in the bob and painted a smile on her face. She found the shiner to be the mark of a warrior. A pony who fought for not only herself. But for her whole country. It was the least she could manage.

Madun sat behind her with his hooves on her shoulders smiling into the mirror. Twilight sighed and said, "I look great, sweetheart. I didn't even know you could hair. Now. All we need is my crown."

Madun's smile slowly faded into a wide-eyed look of knowing and unfortunate. His mouth slowly formed into a silent "ohhh." They completely forgot about it. Twilight glanced up and asked, "Sweetie? What happened to my crown?"

"Well, everyone thought you were dead, so we held a memorial service and sealed your crown and sword in your Mausoleum."

"Oh..."

Madun quickly backtracked, "But I'm sure we could have another one made, sweetheart. It wouldn't be an issue."

Twilight nodded and replied, "I know, I know. But I liked that crown. It showed more than just being Queen. It represented everything that led up to that point and how I overcame it all. It was sentimental in a sense, so..."

Madun deflated and whispered, "Ohh... I'm sorry, Twilight. I didn't know it meant that much to you."

"It's okay, you didn't know. None of you did." She turned around and patted his chest. That big hard chest that... "Did you work out more?"

Madun glanced down at her hoof and answered, "Maybe."

"Oh! Speaking of which—"

"You can exercise as much as you need to."

"No, no, I know that." Oh, this was awkward. She seethed and glanced away. "I know I've been gone for many years, and ummm... If there's another pony you've—" Madun shushed her by leaning down and pecking her lips with as much love she needed.

"There is no other," he whispered. "You're the only pony for me. And the only one I'd rather be with."

Twilight couldn't say there was anyone more committed. She pressed her lips up to his and parted before he added, "Now that doesn't mean I haven't been frustrated. Dawn wouldn't want me to date."

Twilight laughed and nuzzled under his neck. "Well I'm here now, do what you want. And tell me about Dawn, I need to learn about my filly. What does she like, what is she like, does she like math, is she a scholar, how's school, does she have a boyfriend, does she have friends, is there—"

Madun placed a hoof over her mouth and led her back out into her sunny room from the bathroom. Everything was silent and the area was abandoned. It's been over an hour. A peaceful hour. Madun chuckled and replied, "Dawn is fine, she's doing her own thing, no boyfriends on my watch, she loves sports—"

"Sports?!" Twilight placed her front hooves on the bed and repeated, "Dawn likes sports?"

Madun slowly walked over to stand behind Twilight and answered, "Yes, Fresh Dawn likes sports. Is there a problem with that?"

"I mean... Has she ever been injured?" Great, here we go. Madun sighed and used his head to push her rear onto the bed. "I'd rather my little filly not get hurt playing physical games."

"Twilight, Dawn is fifteen years old." Twilight gasped in horror and overdramatically dropped her head into the clean white covers. "She's not a little filly anymore; she takes care of herself just fine. Of course she's been hurt, it's sports. She's not invincible, she barely knows any magic. This is her outlet."

Doesn't know any magic? None?! Twilight bounced back out of bed much to Madun's displeasure and started to rant. "No magic? How does she not know any magic?"

Madun walked in front of Twilight and began pushing her back to the bed again. "Oh, I don't know Twilight. Maybe because there is literally no other magic-wielding Alicorn-Pseratep on the continent except herself and her mother, who, might I add, disappeared ten years ago and left no trace of her magical textbook library that we just found."

Twilight hopped back into bed and took a deep breath. As harsh as the reality, she had to face the fact that Dawn doesn't know any magic because... There was no one around to teach her even if she wanted to learn it. And she was supposed to do it.

Twilight lowered her head and sighed down her guilt. "Alright, alright," she whispered. "I'll... Teach Dawn some of my magic. But first... I want to get to know her better. What else does she like?"

Madun bit his lip and answered, "I... Honestly don't know. Dawn is a mystery. Even to me. Maybe you should get to know her yourself."

Twilight nodded and jumped out the bed again. Madun sighed and gave up. There was just no keeping her in bed. "Yeah... Yeah, that's a much better idea. But first..." Using her magic she opened the door and carefully walked out into view of the hospital floor. Immediately, all chatter and motion stopped and turned her way. "I want to see the rest of Psera. I feel like everything just... Moved on without me knowing and I want to know as soon as possible. I hate being left behind and in the dark."

Madun walked out in front of her and said, "I'll ask the doctor about your needs here before you go anywhere, there's no way in the Underworld I'm letting you roam around injured after being asleep for ten years."

Twilight pouted but gave in while he walked away. Then looked around at all the bowing ponies. "Please rise," she smoothly ordered. It felt really good to do that once again. Of course she didn't like all the bowing, but it always happened. That and it had its perks. "Can someone please grab my daughter?" She asked.

At least ten hooves shot up before everyone started running around just looking for the Princess. Well her job here was done. So Twilight walked back into her room and turned on the LiVAM. She was already really behind on... Everything.


Twilight's room was directly around the corner. Down the hall and the fifth room on the right. And the rest of the rulers of Foreign Countries decided to place themselves in an office meeting room that distance to discuss a few things. Not only were they serious rulers, Kings, Queens, and Princesses. They were also friends. And Princesses Dawn and Flurry were included, no matter how young they were.

While the elders were having their conversations, they too were having their own. Sitting in a rotating chair next to Princess Luna, Dawn asked, "Road kick, half stand, three fourths. Can you do that?"

Next to her beside Novo, Flurry shook her head and answered, "I don't know what that is."

"It's a board trick, the Road Kick. Ahh, it's way before your time."

Flurry hit her playfully with a wing and stated, "I'm five years older than you."

Someone politely knocked on the door that ceased all conversations. All attention was on that now. A silence so thick it could have frozen time itself.

Shining used his magic to slowly squeak it open for a nurse standing there in light blue scrubs. She bowed and informed, "Her Highness seeks Princess Fresh Dawn."

Her mother the Queen has summoned her. The Legendary Queen has summoned her. Cold hooves just became a thing. Dawn bounced out of her seat and started making her way to the door with all eyes on her. Her mother wanted to see her.

Her hooves felt like lead when she treaded around the corner behind the nurse and into the unit holding her. Heavy with the weight of the situation. Their first interaction ever since she woke was tense and full of acid. She didn't see a mother, she saw a Queen caring for her citizens.

Now she was about to see her mother.

She stopped in front of her mother's door and raised a hoof to knock before it unexpectedly swung open. Twilight was sitting on her bed with her eyes on the LiVAM above before they shifted down to her daughter. Her face painted over with a grin and she said, "Dawn! Come in! Don't be scared, I'm not going to bite."

Dawn wasn't scared of her, per se. She was merely cautious. She slowly walked into the room before Twilight used her magic to shut the door. Her eyes were on everything as if she never stepped in here before. But her mother could understand that.

Twilight smoothly slid off the bed in front of Dawn and stated, "You've truly grown up beautifully away from my eyes, but now that I'm here I get to see it. No matter how late I am."

"...mom, I'm only fifteen," she grumbled. "And I doubt I'll be moving out of the castle."

"Oh I know." Dawn yelped when Twilight lifted her up in magic and placed her on the bed. "But I never got to see anything after your fifth birthday. Literally. I left Psera to fight Maheera at eleven on the night of your fifth birthday. Then I sealed us both away. I never got to see you grow up, I never got to see you... Play your sports." Twilight's huff let Dawn know she was less than amused at that trait.

Dawn shyly asked, "Princess Cadance said that you enjoyed Sports, right?"

"Every now and again. I'm not too big a fan. But if you want to play sports, then I will support you."

"Umm... Okay."

Twilight moved past the sports conversation with, "Is there anything you want to know about me?"

There was a lot she wanted to know. But Dawn honestly just wanted to learn one thing more than the rest. "How do you know so much magical stuff or... Skills?" She quickly queried.

Her baby was curious about magic.
Like mother like daughter they always say. Twilight moved on the bed next to Dawn and settled down next to her facing the LiVAM. Then answered, "Well... Years upon years upon years of experience. In-field testing, a lot of reading, I studied a lot. You just don't learn magic overnight."

"Oh." Dawn glanced to the side and tried to come up with another question.

"And yes, I will teach you magic." Dawn shot her head back up to look at Twilight's calm face in surprise. "Dawn, you have my face whenever I want to ask a question. Your father said you don't know magic and I'm pretty sure you would want to use this horn." She reached out and lightly tapped Dawn's horn.

"Well... Okay," Dawn said with a clear smile that brightened Twilight's day.

"Okay, so before we do anything I need to see what I'm working with. Come in the middle of the floor with me." Twilight teleported away in a snap and positioned herself in the middle of the room.

Dawn had to jump down off the bed and trot over quickly. Teleporting was so cool. Flurry could do it. So could the rest of the Alicorns. Not her though. Hopefully, that would change. Twilight pointed to the spot directly in front of her so she knew where to stand and said, "So I'm going to scan your magic and see what kind I'm working with."

"There are different types?" Dawn queried.

"There's plenty." Twilight lit her horn and surrounded Fresh Dawn in a warm violet glow. Her eyes illuminated a purple that would have scared Dawn if she wasn't curious. "Is there anything else you want to ask, sweetheart?"

She may be entirely focused, but Twilight was listening. Dawn scuffed her hoof against the floor and asked, "So uhh... What are you going to do now that you're back?"

"Well first I'm going to get to know my little filly better!" She squealed. Then proceeded with the spell for almost a minute while Dawn internally shivered. "Okay, so here's the deal with your magic." Twilight straightened up and canceled the spell. Her eyes returned to normal and her horn returned to a normal purple. "Your magic is... Special, in a sense. You see, you're what I would classify as a hybrid."

"A... Hybrid?" Dawn repeated.

"Yes, so most—actually all creatures—have a certain kind of magic in them that allows them to do certain things to a specific extent. So for Pegasi such as the Pserateps, that magic would allow them to fly faster than they usually would, occupy clouds, and to mobilize the atmosphere whereas unicorns can do all types of clean spells with no possible limit. Earth Ponies, the ponies with neither horn or wings are given magic that allow them to run fast and strength to grow and extend the land. There are more types of magic per race but that's a curriculum for later.

"Alicorn magic combines all three common races of magic. Unicorn, Earth Pony, and Pegasi. But your magic also has Dark Magic in there too. So your magic would be a lot more unstable to control and maybe even a little difficult to learn how to."

Dawn deflated when she heard that with lowered ears. Unstable? Difficult? Those were the words leading up to not possible.

Dawn asked, "Are you saying... I won't be able to learn magic?"

Twilight shook her head and clarified, "No, what that means sweetheart is that we'll be using more creative ways to utilize your magic. Unfortunately there is a dominating amount of Dark Magic in your body than there is regular magic of all races. Therefore, in order to make it easier for you..." Twilight sighed and said, "I'll have to teach you Dark Magic."

Dawn wasn't so sure about that. "Uhhh the Princesses from Equestria look at Dark Magic as a taboo. Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Oooohhh, you know big words now! Taboo! Oh I am so proud of you!" After a moment of silence, Twilight cleared her throat of any remaining embarrassment and walked over to the door when it opened for Madun to stride inside. "Everyone in Equestria looks at Dark Magic as a bad thing because they have experienced it at its worse. I am no exception. Many creatures have used Dark Magic for their own greed.

"But while it is true that Dark Magic is physically dangerous to anyone that uses it, that rule does not apply to a pony who has lived with dominating Dark Magic in their body their entire life. If a pony such as myself were to use it as if it were an everyday thing, then I would be infected and bad things would in fact happen to me.

"But for a pony such as yourself who was born with Dark Magic and is familiar with it, it wouldn't hurt you at all. Basically, Dark Magic to a pony who isn't used to it is terribly bad, but for a pony who was born with it, you would be about as used to it as a normal pony to magic. I'll show you."

Madun sat down on the side by the window and asked, "What's going on?"

"I'm teaching Dawn how to use her primary form of Magic." Twilight teleported a standard sheet of paper in front of her. "You are factually stronger than the Princesses, Fresh Dawn. Teleportation will come much easier to you. I want you to teleport this into your father's hooves. Sweetheart hold out your hooves." Twilight levitated the paper over to hover directly in front of Fresh Dawn. Oh jeez, they were really doing this. "How is it when you hold things, Dawn?"

Dawn gulped and answered, "Well I usually use my hooves, but holding a bottle of water is the equivalent of hefting saddlebags filled with rocks."

"Sounds like a Maud Pie joke." Dawn didn't know what that meant, but okay. Twilight theorized, "Your primal magic may be Dark Magic. Alright, so in order to teleport you have to focus on the location where you want the subject to go and the subject itself. The subject is the paper, and the location is your father's hooves. So think of them synchronously."

Dawn took a deep breath and did as ordered with her eyes squeezed shut. Painting an image of her father in her mind and the paper in front of her. "Okay," she said, "Okay, I got it."

Twilight sat down and folded her wings to splay out behind her. She wouldn't be using them for months. "Now reach deep down in your body, grab the cold magic inside you, and push it out."

Dawn did as instructed. Reaching down into that cold pool of energy shifting around inside her and pushed it out. Dawn disappeared in a small burst of negative energy instead of the paper, exceeding all of her mother's expectations in the form of smoke. But instead of appearing where her father was...

Madun lowered his hooves and stated, "She's gone. Twilight, where'd she go?"

Twilight sighed and used her magic to track a huge source of Dark Magic. "She's down the hall. I'll go get her." Then Twilight quickly teleported away after Dawn.


The last thing anyone expected to see was a black cloud blow up directly in the middle of the conference room. Yes, it was small and silent. But it still freaked them out. Celestia jumped up and stared at Fresh Dawn standing still with her eyes closed while Luna and Cadance slowly rose out of their seats. All with scared eyes on Dawn.

She cracked her own eyes open and looked around. "Uhhh... Did I just teleport?" She asked.

Celestia cleared her throat and asked her own question, "Dawn, did you just use Dark Magic?"

"I just teleported!" She cheered. She pranced off the table to the floor. She had to tell Dad!

The pony Celestia needed to see about this snapped into the room next to Dawn. Pulling a jump out of her. She looked way better than before. Much cleaner. But still. Luna asked, "Are you teaching Dawn Dark Magic, Queen Arcadia?!"

Twilight glanced her way with no change in pride then looked down to Fresh Dawn. "Great job, sweetheart!"

Cadance stride in and corrected, "No, no great job! Twilight how could you teach Fresh Dawn dark magic out of the many spells you know?"

Twilight sighed in annoyance and answered, "Dawn's primal magic is Dark Magic. It's harmless for her to wield and use than it is for you or I. I'll show you. Dawn? Try lifting this table." She pointed at the large and definitely heavy wooden table in the middle of the room. "Using Light Magic."

Light Magic?! Dawn stammered, "I-I can't really... It's hard for me to lift things with regular magic."

"Just give it a shot."

Dawn gulped and focused her standard magic on the table. Her magical aura surrounded it, but the table itself didn't move. It remained still and stationed. Dawn grunted and released her hold with a shake of her head. "I can't do it, it's just too heavy," she cried.

Twilight nodded and replied, "Okay, it's okay. Now try with your other magic."

Other magic?! Celestia asked, "She has two kinds?"

"Yes."

Dawn lit her horn again and reached down into the more cold side of her magic. The red glow of her horn gradually changed from red to a horrifying black along with the aura surrounding the table. Then it shot up into the air and almost hit the ceiling. And would have if Dawn didn't stop it in time.

Twilight smiled proudly and stated, "Dawn's primal magic is Dark Magic. It's much easier for her to use and actually much healthier for her." Twilight looked down to Dawn and said, "Since you use Dark Magic, we're going to be using my... Restricted Arts section. I always had a feeling I'd have to use it."

Celestia sighed and said, "Twilight... You have a lot to explain."

"I'll tell you later, but right now I'm with my daughter. Let's go, Dawn." Twilight teleported both herself and Dawn back into her room.

The snap scared Madun so much he threw his book up to the ceiling. Once it landed on his head, he sighed and grumbled, "Well... Better get used to that. Again." He had a feeling that since these two were together again, there would be a lot of snapping and magical items flying around. Great.

PreviousChapters Next