• Published 17th May 2019
  • 2,186 Views, 273 Comments

Twilight Daylight: Psera, The Legend of Legends - thedarktome



After the birth of Fresh Dawn, Queen Twilight "Arcadia Nova" Sparkle of Psera is ready to begin a new life with her husband King Shimmering Madun. But Twilight has a question on her mind.

  • ...
6
 273
 2,186

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 08 - A Talk With Discord

With the water moves the waves. And with the waves, move the Draconequus. She cherished in her Draconequus form the most. Apart from the pony side of things, she was bigger, stronger, and exceptionally more intimidating. That foal she encountered earlier thought so. He quickly bolted from the woods she crawled out from crying. And she didn't even do anything.

After hitting the bottom of the ocean, she swam with the current, unknowingly spreading her disastrous dark magic as she moved. When the water hit the land, her magic spread with it. Destroying trees, beaches, anything natural. Apples melted like butter, wood turned into sawdust. And ponies everywhere became worried.

Queen Novo could tell something was amiss the moment she flew into Canterlot with her three guards. They were ready to return back home, but honestly told themselves this was important. Queen Novo really didn't need any guards here. Equestria was a very friendly nation. So friendly it was weird.

When they touched down behind the Castle gates was the same moment a stallion Pegasi guard came over and waved with a huge grin. "Hi, welcome to Equestria! Here to see the Princess?"

Novo was a little taken back, and nearly jumped back in surprise, but answered, "Yes, we're here to see Princess Celestia."

"Right this way." The stallion quickly turned around and walked back through the open doors, leading them from outside to the cool inside. The hallway was clean and flawless. Decorative vases positioned on stone stands flanked their sides. Pictures of ancient cities hung on brick walls. An office pony would walk past at random intervals of time during their journey before they finally arrived at Celestia and Luna's busy throne room. The doors were wide open, letting them stride right into the horde. Looks like Queen Novo wasn't the only pony with issues.

All of the ponies from a over a week ago were there in front of the Princesses, yelling and whatnot. Of course Madam Singe was. But it must've been bad if even Thorax of the Changelings was there, whose land was deemed a territory of Equestria. Not exactly on Equestria, but there nonetheless.

Celestia and Luna were sitting on their thrones, listening to their complaints with intent. "I do not know about everypony else," Singe stated. "But nothing we do is working. We have tried everything. Our Seaweed is entirely gone, and the wildfires are spreading, turning one-fourth of our homes to ashes."

"We have no more wood in Prance to build," Consort Snow. "The ones that are left are too thin."

"Everything at the hive is returning to the days when Chrysalis was around!" Thorax cried.

Novo finally made herself known by adding, "And I had to evacuate Seaquestria, and move all of my ponies to Mount Aris since our defensive sponges have completely deteriorated. We do not have enough food to supply them, and nothing we do is working. We have begun rationing out what we have. Hello, every creature. I suppose you're all here to request assistance?"

Celestia sighed and answered, "Hello, Queen Novo. Yes, every creature here is in need of help. Unfortunately, we cannot supply much material from our country to assist all of yours. It would run ourselves dry and cost us billions. We simply do not have enough resources. Especially for Saddle Arabia, Prance, and South Neighton. I am sorry, but we cannot do much."

President Manamar's eyes added to her pleading. "W-Well what can we do to at l-least have you provide refuge for my citizens? Fr-Fruit is very important and it is being demolished by an unknown force!"

Celestia and Luna exchanged a sorrowful glance, ignoring the flash in the corner of the room before Luna answered, "Even if we did provide refuge it would foresee drastic economical damage. The food, water, space, all of it would run out. Equestria is only over two hundred fifty miles total. All of your smaller countries and their needs will eventually dry up our resources."

"What about possible answers?" Novo asked. "There must be some explanation. Would Princess Twilight have any insight? From what I recall, she played a major part in restoring your land." The other leaders also spoke in agreement.

And we begin, Celestia thought before answering. "I am very sorry, but Twilight is not available at this time."

Haakim and Amira gasped. "Not available?" Amira inquired. "How is that possible? No offense, but what could possibly be more important than a worldwide crisis of unknown origin affecting all substances of life?"


Twilight was beginning to feel irked from the attention. Just as expected, the discovery of Queen Arcadia Nova proven to be a distant relative of Her Majesty Narmeelah spread all over Psera like wildfire fueled by excitement as well as speculation. After Arcadia opened the Diary and read the excerpt, all the ponies except Fresh Dawn and Madun bowed her way. The ponies from Serl insisted she take the book but she declined and let them take it, reminding them that she was a Queen with a nation to run.

After that, Arcadia grabbed her daughter and zipped out, leaving Madun with the rest of the duties for now while she took on her motherly one. She didn't need to be around all that fanfare. With Fresh Dawn on her back holding her dolls and four Elite Guards behind them, they made their way into the castle's innards.

Arcadia glanced up and asked, "Have you seen Daddy's gardens?"

Dawn asked, "Daddy has a garden?" Then smiled and teased, "That's for girls."

"And that's why he makes them. For us girls. Wanna see one?"

Dawn shook her head and answered, "I wanna play with Dusty! He's funny! And has buggy eyes!"

"Dawn!"


Celestia blinked and finally answered, "A lot, I assure you. Look, here's the deal: Last out for as long as you can, but when things become dangerous that involve medical or defense help we will do what we can. That is all we can offer at this time."

"And Princess Twilight?" Novo asked.

"We will speak with her as soon as she is available. But with her own problems it may take at least a week. If we're lucky, sooner. Until then, I urge you to keep away from her and to neglect any pursuits you may have in mind."

Novo sighed and responded sadly. "We'll survive as long as we can. Thank you, Princesses."

After that they all bowed and made their leave. Once the doors shut, Luna smiled and whispered, "You can come out now."

A tiny violet head of red hair popped out of the water beside Luna's throne. The eyes scanned the room before Twilight walked out in a protective bubble wearing her crown, hoof shoes, and six different steel horn rings with Fresh Dawn on her neck.

"I guess I came at a bad time," she assumed. Then popped the bubble and kneeled so Fresh Dawn could skip off. "Fresh Dawn wanted to visit, and I wanted to get away. Things escalated really quickly. The Guard and Castle Security are handling things and will let me know when all has returned to normal."

Celestia chuckled and stood up from her throne with Luna. "What happened? How are you today, little filly?" She leaned down and nuzzled Fresh Dawn. Then did the same to Twilight.

Fresh Dawn sat down and raised her hooves, demanding to be picked up. Luna quickly obliged, swooping her into a loving embrace. She never truly had that many interactions with Dawn as much as the rest. Who knew she would be so fond of children.

"Ohhh, you're so precious!" She squealed. "Have you been a good filly?"

Twilight laid her wings out behind her. Then sat down and answered Celestia's question. "Well my theory was correct. I had a Pseratep Ancestor. And that Pseratep Ancestor just happened to be Narmeelah. With Dawn's help, we finally managed to get the Diary opened. The greatest minds of the country couldn't even crack it because only my hoof could open it. But now it's opened and everyone believes all of this is no accident. That I was meant to be in Psera, rejuvenate the land, marry Madun, become Queen, etcetera etcetera. Don't know where getting shot with an arrow by a demented pony and going into a coma is placed in it though."

Dawn wiggled her hooves in Luna's hold and huffed, "I-I-I learned new words!"

Celestia grinned and replied, "That's great! Can you tell me one?"

"Experience!"

"Good job, sweetheart!" Twilight praised. "Do you want to tell them about your new friend?"

Celestia grinned and repeated, "New Friend?"

Dawn nodded and answered, "Uh huh! His name is... Dusty Bug Eyes!"

Twilight giggled and corrected for the Princesses, "His name is Dark Dust. A little Colt she met at the park earlier this week in Eventa. He's really shy and Dawn's really active. Either Madun or myself is going to meet with his mother and hopefully get a play date started. What was going on in here?" Twilight may have been talking to Celestia but her eyes were watching Luna, who was tossing Fresh Dawn's laughing form up and down in the air. Celestia still can't get over the fact the little filly she used to teach had a little filly of her own. Even after all these years.

"The plagues are becoming worse," Celestia answered. "Each nation has experienced a rise in chaotic experiences and proportions."

Dawn gasped and yelled, "You said experience!"

"Chaos, huh?" Twilight repeated. From Celestia's point of view, she could practically see the gears turning underneath that sparkling crown. Serious situations to the side for a moment, Pserateps were definitely stylish.

But she knew what she was thinking. Celestia shook her head and stated, "I do not believe Discord has a hoof, claw, or talon in these events."

Twilight nodded and agreed. "Neither do I. But he may have an idea on what is happening. Discord!"

Luna caught Dawn one last time then hoofed her back to her mother at the same moment Discord appeared with an umbrella hat, a beach shirt and sunglasses, drinking out of a pineapple in a beach chair.

He looked around for a moment and sighed the next when he locked eyes with Celestia's smiling face. "Hello, Discord," she greeted.

Fresh Dawn squeaked and immediately zipped underneath her mother's body, hiding from view. Discord scoffed and greeted sourly, "What is it, I am on vacation. Las Pegasus is just bustling this time of year."

"But you don't work. Every day is your vacation. Why does thou need a vacation?"

"From—oooh, Hello, Twilight!" He teleported over to Twilight and got in her muzzle. "Look at you~! Somepony got a promotion to super princess." He reached up and teasingly tapped her crown. Twilight's hoof reached up and immediately smacked it away.

"Hello, Discord," she greeted back. "I need to ask you a few questions regarding the plagues that I'm sure you know about."

Discord gasped and asked, "Are you blaming moi for these disasters? Tsk, tsk, tsk. Twilight you should know better. I think you need a time out. What would Fluttershy say?" Discord snapped his claw and conjured a Dunce cone on Twilight's head, overlaying her crown. Grinning he asked, "Now what do we say?" Twilight groaned and lit her horn, surprising Discord when it broke down into sand and piled on the floor. "Well... That's new."

Rolling her eyes, Twilight persisted. "Do you have any idea on what may in fact be happening? I know you've been watching it all during your 'vacation.'"

Discord raised the pineapple to his lips and took a sip from the straw. Looking to the ceiling in thought. After a few seconds, he smacked his lips and answered, "I do. But it is so far fetched it is unlikely."

Luna demanded, "Tell us."

"My predecessor has finally woken up." He took a sip from his pineapple while that sunk in. It took a few seconds. Twilight's face was of utter confusion, Celestia's was of utter disbelief, and Luna's was straight.

Finally, Celestia gasped and asked, "Predecessor?!"

Discord laughed and answered, "Yes, every creature has a predecessor. How do you think I came to be? I can't make myself, no matter how much it looked like I did." He took the pineapple and tossed it into the air to fall into his wide open mouth. Along with the straw.

Twilight shared a glance with the other Princesses and asked, "So who is this Predecessor?"

"From what I recall? Her name is... Maheera Dark. Way before Celestia, Luna, or even Faust, there was Maheera Dark."

"So possibly around the time of Narmeelah," Twilight whispered to herself. Or what she thought was to herself.

Discord gasped loudly then leaned in to Twilight's space excited. "Narmeelah?! What do you know about Narmeelah?!"

"She's my ancestor," Twilight answered.

Taken back, Discord replied, "Well then you should know that Maheera and Narmeelah do not sip the same tea. Are you a Pseratep? Oh boy." It didn't surprise Twilight in the slightest that Discord knew what a Pseratep was.

But it certainly blew his head off when she answered, "I'm the Queen of Psera."

Discord stared at her for a second before he melted into a puddle of different colors. Then popped right back up and cheered, wearing a hat and waving a flag, both bearing the Crest of Psera. "Huzzah! Go team Eventa! Undefeated in the national Hoofball Championships! But as I was saying, you should know that Maheera and Narmeelah never had the same thing happen upstairs."

He tapped his head, implying the brain. "Harmony. While Narmeelah adored peace and prosperity, Maheera adored destruction and prosperity. From what I recall, Maheera and Narmeelah had a big falling out and both were never seen again after a huge fight. Last I heard from an old friend of mine, Narmeelah cast a spell that put herself and Maheera into a deep sleep. But based off of the signs, I'd say Maheera woke up for a midnight snack."

Twilight took a seat while her daughter hid under her wing behind her. It looked like a lump. "So who exactly is Maheera Dark?"

"The Original God of Chaos. But on a more... Deadly scale. My size compared to Maheera is like a puppy to Celestia. And a pony to Maheera is like a puppy to a full grown Dragon. If she is in fact awake, and Narmeelah is not around to control her, you run and hide."

Luna asked, "So what was her itch with Narmeelah?"

Discord snapped his fingers and created a rocking chair right behind him, which he promptly sat down in. Then pulled out two needles to crochet with. Rocking back and forth, he answered, "Narmeelah and Maheera did not share the same views. Maheera saw all the pretty things Narmeelah created disgusting, and Narmeelah saw all the destructive abominations Maheera created vile and disgraceful."

Luna commented, "It sounds to me like they both agreed each other's creations were inadequate."

"In a way. But Maheera's creations weren't like ponies or anything. As a matter of fact, Maheera can't make anything like Narmeelah. Maheera has a type of magic that possesses an object, and turns it into whatever she wants."

"Like a Virus."

"Precisely. Creatures or inanimates. She can't make anything from scratch. Most of the time they're evil golems or something. Zombie ponies. Fireballs for eyes, large sharp teeth. Practically screams pain and destruction. Narmeelah didn't like that. And Maheera didn't care. To prove it, Maheera went around and used her magic on Narmeelah's creations. Changing them from pretty ponies like Celestia to creatures like me mixed with a timberwolf and a thirst for blood. She did it before to all the lands here only once. Except Psera. I believe it was too far away or something." Discord held up the sweater created out of Random things that created the face of Narmeelah.

Twilight hummed and asked, "So Narmeelah stopped her."

"Temporarily. She put Maheera to sleep. But she may be awake. It's been nearly ten million years since then. If Maheera is awake, then Narmeelah may be as well. But I doubt that. If she were, you would know."

"So a new enemy," Celestia assumed. "An ancient enemy even before us."

"The signs of Maheera's return usually begin with what you are calling plagues. Actually, it's just Maheera's magical breath of hot air when she sighs in annoyance. Like gas when you eat something bad, It stinks up an entire room, or in this case a continent and changes everything. Next she touches something and spreads her magic over the land. It's quite interesting."

"Or like a curse," Twilight, Celestia, and Luna said at the same time.

"Yes, like that. Once the curse takes over the nature it begins to go after creatures. It latches onto the inhabitants and changes them into beings unimaginable. And then they follow Maheera's orders."


When Novo arrived back at the castle on Mount Aris, the last thing she expected to see were the Royal Guard ready for a war right behind the castle. Something was wrong. She could feel it. Her captain's light blue coat stuck out the most. Dirty with small scratches and dried blood on his cheek.

His blue eyes watched the Queen land and trot right over to him. "What happened?!" She quickly asked.

"An attack," he responded in a deep voice. "But of creatures we have never seen before." A Hippogriff squawked loudly behind them, prompting the Guard to turn around and point their spears at what looked like a dog with very sharp teeth, similar to Equestria's Timberwolves. But they were mixed with all the deadliest creatures imaginable. What was supposed to be claws appeared to be be small scythes, glowing red balls for eyes, and a white coat reddened with blood. It had latched onto the sides of one of the Guards after sneaking up from behind, digging those claws into them.

The guard beside him took his spear and whacked it in the side of the head, disorienting it before another jabbed into its side. The Hippogriff that was bitten lied on the ground before he jumped up and onto the guard who just saved his life. Before he could lay a talon on him, they were knocked out cold to the ground.

The Hippogriff who was talking to the Queen grabbed her claw and led her away.

"We have to get you out of here!" He yelled. Then took her back to the dirty muggy air right before a horde of those animals came out of the door to the castle. Screaming and screeching. Down below she could see nothing but those things, swarming the villages and towns settling in down there. Even Harmonizing Heights was flooded. How did Novo not see this before?

Novo had to focus. Shaking her head, she yelled, "Where's my daughter?!"

"She's in the east at the safe region. We're protecting her with a full contingent! The Hippogriffs that get bit turn into them! We don't know what's going on! The citizens are being rounded up and taken to the East!"


Back to Canterlot, Twilight asked, "So what is her goal?"

Discord presented an ugly sweater with a face of himself on the front. "No clue. But I'm getting the sense, just like any villain, to overwrite everything Narmeelah has created in her own image. Don't I look great on this sweater? I mean really, no creature can defeat craftsmanship like this."

"Do you know anything else about Maheera?" Luna asked.

Discord tapped his chin. "There was—Oh! Right, how could I forget that? You can't hit her. The only pony who truly had an effect on her was Narmeelah herself, which I suspect was because of Psera magic. Any other type of magic she just absorbs. You can destroy the creatures, although I suggest you don't. Because they're still ponies under there. Just... Overwritten. I've never seen Maheera fight Narmeelah, so I don't know how to take her down."

Twilight gasped with an idea and whispered, "I have a clue. Sorry, sweetie. We have to cut this visit short."

Discord was about to ask why did she just call him sweetie until he spotted the Violet colored eye peeking out from beneath Twilight's right wing. Dawn eeped and ducked right back in while Twilight lit her horn and created a portal in front of her back to Psera. "We're leaving, gentlecolts." Fresh Dawn zipped out first and zoomed straight through the portal without even saying goodbye to Celestia and Luna. The invisibility spell shrouding her guards dropped while Twilight walked forward.

"Stay in contact, Twilight," Luna called before Twilight left Equestria and stepped onto the cool marble floors of the Castle of the Gods. The twenty Elite Guards back at the castle saluted to Celestia and Luna then followed mother and daughter through the portal.

After the portal closed, Discord turned to the Princesses with a strange expression. "So... Who was hiding under Twilight's wing?"

PreviousChapters Next