• Published 30th Oct 2018
  • 566 Views, 35 Comments

Kindred Spirits - CartoonNerd12



Four guys from other worlds are taken to a dark wizard where they must work together to escape.

  • ...
6
 35
 566

Tender Moment

Sleeping away in their separate rooms, the girls felt relaxed knowing there weren't any dreams to test them this time. The boys however started to feel restless as nightmares began to fill their heads…


Adrien found himself back home at the Paris ice rink and could see Marinette and Luka ice-skating away like the day he was there with Kagami and that Frozer appeared only it was just them and Adrien felt that same weird feeling he had toward Marinette whenever she was near Luka.

He could see the joy in Marinette's face as the blue-haired teen lifted her up and twirled her in the air.

He thought, Déjà vu…


Nick could see he was back at the ZPD and in his and Judy's shared office and he saw her walking in to grab her phone and keys, saying, "I'm going on my break now Nick."

"Break? But you never take breaks!"

"Now I do, I got an important meeting with someone special."

Nick could feel his heart plummeting at her words as he uttered, "Someone special? Who?"

"That would be me." came a voice.

Nick saw a male rabbit about an inch higher than Judy and he had blue eyes and three stripes on each side of his cheek and he wore a sharp black suit as he said, "Agent Jack Savage at your service."

Nick watched in despair as his partner made her way to the handsome rabbit. She told him, "I'll see you later, Nick." and she walked off with the rabbit almost paw-and-paw.


Tobey watched from the crowd as Word Girl whizzed on by with many boys his age calling out to her and how they adored her. This was nothing new to him since he knew Word Girl had many admirers back home but what did scare him was the fact he was just another face in the crowd to her now that he was willing give up being a villain, will she still notice him?


Discord saw Fluttershy in her animal sanctuary but she wasn't alone for long as the muscled stallion Bulk Biceps came to her carrying a flower in his mouth and giving it to her. Followed by Thunderlane and a couple more stallions and… Big Mac?! How can that be?! He has a marefriend, Sugar Belle! And Spike?! But he has a hopeless crush on Rarity! Why would they be courting Fluttershy! Not only that but they knew as much as he didn't want to admit it that he has a thing for Fluttershy! How could two of his best buds betray him like this!

Anger and heartbreak filled him as he watched on with despair.


Meanwhile the girls were having the same dreams but it was different from their point of view.

Marinette remembered this moment with Luka as it was sweet and amazing to have him twirl her around the way he did. But she still felt unsure about what he was supposed to mean to her, was he just a friend or more? Then she spots Adrien across the rink and her heart swells at seeing him.

Becky could see the many boys admiring her and it felt like being home again, then she spotted Tobey in the crowd and could see he was upset about something making her concern.

Judy was amazed by Jack Savage's refinement and coolness, but really he was quite dull compared to Nick. Sure she thought at one point that someone like Jack would have been the ideal mate for her but meeting Nick changed that completely. She wanted the fox and nobody else.

Fluttershy was happy to be back in her special place and was tittering at so many being interested in her but she knew it was just a dream since Big Mac already has a special somepony and Spike likes Rarity to no end. She then finds Discord at the other end of the sanctuary and wanted to call out to him to join her but for some reason something prevented her from doing so.

Needless to say, it was a rough night for the boys while the girls had a restful night.


Becky woke up to see the sun was about to come up from the window and it gave her an idea as she quietly crawled out of her bed and carefully left the room as the others were sleeping. She crawled into the boys' room and found Tobey still sleeping until she nudged him awake.

He groggily did and grabbed his glasses to see Becky hanging over. He was about to say something but she shushed him and motioned him to crawl with her. While still confused to what she was doing he did what she wanted and the two got out of the room and then went down the stairs to get out of the inn.

"Alright, Becky, what's all this about?" he asked.

She giggled, "You'll see." and she flew them up to rooftop.

Tobey was surprised as she said, "Reminds you of home don't you think?"

He replied with a smile, "Well it's not a skyscraper but it'll do."

"Now look to your left."

He did and in the east the sun was raising more creating a beautiful dawn of orange and yellow. He was enthralled by the sight. Uttering out, "This is… is…"

"Amazing? Incredible? Mind-blowing? Remarkable?"

"All of the above." he beamed at her.

They relaxed on the roof for awhile watching the sun raise more.

Then remembering the dream he had last night, he voiced in concern, "Becky?"

"Yeah, Tobey?"

"When we get back home, will I… will I just be another face in the crowd to you?"

Her eyes widen at that and questioned, "What makes you say that?"

"Well it's just I won't be using my robots to damage things anymore and that means we won't be battling each other anymore, so do I still have a chance to be not like other boys to you?"

"Tobey… you are not like other boys, you never were. You're a genius in own right, and yes, I finally admit that because it's true. You are the only one who can match me from an intellectual standpoint; no one else our age can do that. And besides, it's hard to forget you after all that we've been through. Our rivalries, our battles, our team-ups… it's just hard to picture life without you."

His eyes went big, "Really? You really mean that?"

"Of course I do! You were right about a lot of things about me and it baffled me of how you were able to do that. I guess after I saw there was more to you all along I've been waiting for you to finally be good so that we can be more than what we were before."

He couldn't find the words as unbridled joy filled his heart.

"For a long time I pursued someone only to find out that he will never be more than a friend to me, but you… you had always wanted to know more about me and that's all you ever wanted."

"It's true. While ruling the world was tempting for awhile but really, I wanted to be closer to you, this wonderful and astonishing superhero."

"And the fact I'm pretty." she smirked.

"What?! No! I mean yes! But-that's-" he sputtered.

She laughed and said, "Oh come on! Don't you think I heard all those things you say about me?! I have superhearing for cried out loud!"

He went red like a tomato and covered his face.

She sighed, "Oh come on, don't be like that, if anything I find it flattering and sweet. I mean I never thought of having sparkling eyes and ruby lips before until you said that."

He peeked behind his hands.

She continued, "It's true, I mean at first it was strange to hear you say those endearing terms about me but as time went on I actually liked them."

He slowly dropped his hands having a relief smile on his lips.

Back inside the girls' room Judy Hopps had woken up thanks to her routine of waking up early for work, but as she checked on her roommates she was shook that Becky wasn't in bed and alerted Fluttershy and Marinette. Then Judy went straight to the boys' room and found out that Tobey was missing too! Once she had woken Discord, Nick, and Adrien and pointed out the situation, they grew anxious and started searching the place.

Luckily, Ladybug and Chat Noir had been able to transform before they saw each other. While Fluttershy was hyperventling as Discord tried to calm her down.

"What if they were kidnapped?! And they're hurt or worse!"

"Flutters, please, we'll find the kids don't worry, I'm sure they just snuck away for some alone time."

Judy yelled, "That is not helping the situation!"

Nick gestured, "Well he could be right, Carrots, I mean you saw the way they were looking at each other last night."

"Doesn't change the fact that they're still minors! They should not be doing anything inappropriate!" she pointed to the miraculous team, "And that goes for you too!"

Ladybug sputtered indignantly while Chat was like, "Aw…"

"Yeesh, Fluff, I get you were raise on a farm and will have conservative values because of that but it is asking a bit much to ask couples to stay twelve inches from each other."

Ladybug shouted, "We are not a couple!"

Chat muttered out loud, "Not yet."

Discord looked like he was about to lose it with laughter like yesterday had Fluttershy not made a warning tone to him, "Discord…"

He whispered back, "I know, I know, but it is still too hilarious… I mean to be that dense to each other is truly amazing."

Ladybug motioned, "Ugh, it is so frustrating that I have to keep telling people this!"

"I keep telling you Bugaboo, you and I were meant be and even they can see it! And they're from different worlds!"

She grunted, "Let's just find Tobey and Becky and put this whole thing to rest!" she stomped off.

Chat told the others, "She's warming up to the idea." and followed after his partner.

Soon after, Judy and Nick found themselves outside as they tried to scope the kids out in the village but with no luck, the bunny started to call out, "Tobey! Becky!"

Up on the roof they heard her and looked down, then Becky cried out, "Up here!"

The mammals heard her voice and looked up and gawked.

Then Judy shouted out in worry, "What are you two doing up there?!"

The girl was about to reply but Judy said, "Never mind, just get down here!"

Becky was about to comply when Tobey said, "What if we don't want to?!"

Judy gasped while Nick had to stifle his laughter.

Becky frowned and crossed her arms, "You realize you just trended into dangerous waters, don't you McCallister?"

He smirked mischievously and tapped his fingers together, "Oh I know…"

When Judy got over her initial shock, she glowered and shouted, "You better be down here by the time I count to ten!" she held her finger up.

"Tobey, I really think we should listen."

"Oh Becky please, there's nothing she can do to make us come down!" he motioned below.

The bunny cop started counting, "One… Two… Three…"

"Carrots." Nick casually said.

"Four… Five… Six…"

"Carrots."

"Seven… Eight…"

"Carrots, it's not going to work."

"Nine… Ten!"

She waited but the kids didn't move, letting out a grunt and thumped her foot.

"It was a nice try, sweetheart, but for this we're going to need to outsmart them."

"You have a plan?" she inquired.

"Don't I always?" he grinned.

She smiled back, "Yes. Yes, you do."

"Just follow my lead." he then made his voice louder as he said, "Well! I guess we can't get them down, Officer Hopps, looks like we'll have to eat that nice breakfast Cyrus made for us, stack full of hotcakes, muffins, eggs, toast…"

Judy caught on and added, "Oh yes! and not to mention the donuts, croissants, oatmeal, porridge, waffles, yogurt…"

Hearing all of that Becky and Tobey's stomachs started growling and gave each other a look. The fox and rabbit kept listing food items making their mouth water too till finally they had enough and Becky whizzed them down, going, "Okay, okay! We're down!"

"Yes, now gave us the food!" Tobey desperately said.

Judy smirked at her partner, "You clever fox…"

Nick just smiled at her before turning to the kids and lectured them like a schoolteacher, "Now what have we learned?"

Tobey sighed, "Never disrespect a bunny."

"Correct, but also…?" he waited for them to fill in the blanks.

"To always tell someone or leave a note where you're going." said Becky.

"There you go, now I believe breakfast is waiting for you." he motioned to the door.

The kids didn't waste a second as they rushed into the building.

Judy shook her head in astonishment and said, "You know, you're going to make a great dad someday."

Nick was caught off guard by this and he stammered while rubbing his neck, "What-what brought that on?"

"Nothing, I just think you're great with kids, I mean the way you were able to patiently wait out Becky and Tobey like that was amazing, while I was demanding them to come down. So it begs the question… do you picture yourself having a family?" she looked on with big eyes.

Nick's eyes widen at the idea, sure once upon a time he thought he would find a vixen and they would have kits together but ever since he met Judy that has changed greatly, he wanted to start a life with her and her alone. Of course her mentioning children made him realize that it might be difficult to have kits of their own. Making him ask.

"Well, do you want kids?"

Judy blushed before replying, "Yes. Because even though I'm different from most rabbits, it's still in my nature to want a family."

"And… would it upset you if you can't have children of your own with the person you love?"

"Well sure I would be disappointed but it certainly wouldn't be the end of the road, there's always adoption and special procedures like treatments and surrogacy."

He was stunned by her answer, "That's… oddly specific."

She blushed further, "I've been looking into it for some time now."

Nick had her facing him and softly inquired, "How long?"

"Since…" she hung her head, "Since our first assignment as officers together…"

He couldn't believe what he just heard, did she just admit…?

Judy made that determined look she always had as she confessed, "Nick… I want us to be more than friends…"

The fox was baffled by this and didn't know how to respond.

Judy saw this and slowly turned away in sadness, "I… I understand if you don't want that, we can just stay friends and I'll just have to learn to live with that for the good of the ZPD and-" she was cut short when she suddenly got held by her cheeks and her muzzle was pressed against his like they were kissing.

He slowly let her go as he uttered affectionately, "Nothing would make me happier than us being together for rest of our lives…"

She gasped and she embraced him while crying out joyful tears.

Normally he would comment on how emotional she was being but he couldn't given his own emotions were getting the better of him too and how elated he was to have the girl he loved in his arms like this.