• Published 27th Sep 2018
  • 3,287 Views, 38 Comments

Things Changed - Equimorto



Queen Chrysalis, evil ruler of the changelings, had finally been reformed. In a rather unorthodox way, but one that had nonetheless worked. Twilight was ecstatic at the prospect of her finally becoming a part of society. Society wasn't.

  • ...
7
 38
 3,287

One

"So what is this thing you wanted to show us?" Rainbow asked, hovering behind Twilight while the group of friends advanced through the castle's corridor.

"I told you already, I want this to be a surprise. Besides, we're almost there," Twilight replied.

"What do you think it's going to be?" Rarity asked to Pinkie, but the pink pony just mimed the act of zipping her mouth shut in response.

"Here we are," Twilight said, stopping in front of a door. She opened it with her magic and invited the others inside the dark room.

"Huh, Twilight? This is kind of scary," Fluttershy said.

"Surprise!" the purple alicorn exclaimed, turning the lights back on.

Before they had time to process what was happening, all the other five ponies were swept up by a colourful blur, and found themselves tackled on the floor, tightly held by something.

"Twilight? What's happening?" Rainbow asked.

"I'd like to know that too," Fluttershy echoed her.

Rarity and Applejack were trying to avoid suffocating, stuck beneath whatever had jumped on them, and Pinkie seemed to be the only one who knew what was happening, giggling to herself and returning the hug.

"You can let them go now, I think they need it," Twilight said to the thing. "Girls," she called, after the others had been released, "please say hi to Chrysalis."

"Chrysalis? Where?" Rainbow asked, assuming a fighting stance. Fluttershy ducked behind her in fear.

"Hem, I'm... I'm here," Chrysalis said, somewhat awkwardly fidgeting with her hooves.

"Oh dear, she's... I mean, sorry, you've changed?" Rarity asked. "Twilight, this is wonderful news! How did it happen?"

Twilight rubbed the back of her head with a hoof. "It's a long story."

"I'm sorry I tackled you like that," Chrysalis apologetically said, "it's just that I'd never met four of you and I just wanted to hug you. You all look so pretty, especially the white and the blue one. I like the orange one too, she smells like apples."

"Well, you look pretty too," Fluttershy quietly said, cautiously coming out from behind her friend.

"Oh, I suppose I should introduce them to you," Twilight said. "These are Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and... Wait, you said you didn't know only four of them?"

"Yes. I met the pink one when I first arrived, she came out from behind a book when you left the room."

Twilight turned to Pinkie, who was vibrating in place and looked like she was about to blow up. "Pinkie? So you knew about her already?"

The pink earth pony took a deep breath. Suddenly all the light went out, and after a couple of seconds they turned back on. The room had been decorated with streamers, balloons and colourful banners, confetti was on the floor, tables filled with pastries had mysteriously appeared and all those present in the room found themselves wearing a cone-shaped party hat.

"Surprise!" Pinkie cheerfully announced, "Happy 'Welcome to Ponyville' party, and happy 'You're finally a rainbow moose thing' party!"

Twilight was confused. "Pinkie, wha-"

"You know I found out Chrysalis was here and so I was like 'we need to have a party to celebrate' but then I realized you wanted it to be a surprise and so I had to stop myself from saying anything so I didn't ruin the surprise and it was really hard andIhadtoforcemyselftothinkaboutsomethingelselikebakingorparitesbutthenthatjustmademethinkbacktothepartyIhadtothrowforhersoIthoughtab-mphh-"

The pink pony was promptly silenced by a cupcake Twilight levitated in her mouth.

"Twilight?" Rainbow called.

The purple alicorn turned to see the pegasus awkwardly trying to decide what she was supposed to do with the reformed Changeling Queen currently playing with her mane.

"Hem, Chrysalis?" Fluttershy spoke, "I know you think her mane is pretty, but could you, if it doesn't bother you, let go of my friend?" the pegasus asked, looking at Chrysalis with pleading eyes, "Please?"

In response, Chrysalis let go of Rainbow's mane and lurched forward, grabbing the poor squeaking yellow pegasus in another breath-stealing hug. "You're just the cutest thing, you know that?" she asked to the pony held between her hooves and her chest.

"Twilight?" Rarity quietly asked, "Is she alright? She seems like something's... wrong with her."

"She has amnesia," Twilight whispered in response.

"Yep!" Chrysalis said from the other side of the room, "I can't remember anything."

"That explains a lot," Rarity said after she'd recovered from the shock of having been heard.

"It's a shame Starlight and Spike aren't here," Pinkie commented, "It would be an even better party if we had more ponies. In fact, we should invite even more ponies right now! Just let me-"

She was cut off by Chrysalis landing on top of her.

Pinkie began to giggle. "Oh, stop, you're tickling me!"

"Chrysalis, what are you doing?" Twilight asked, getting closer to the two.

"Her mane smells like cotton candy, I wanted to see if it tastes like it too."

"Chrysalis, I don't think-"

"It does!" the changeling exclaimed, munching on a small patch of curly pink hair.

"Well that explains where she puts all the sugar she eats," Rainbow commented.

Twilight gave her a sideways glance. "Rainbow, that's not how biology works, you-" she shook her head "-you know what? It's Pinkie we're talking about, you might be right."

Rarity was about to ask a question, but it appeared it was now her turn to be examined by the changeling, as she was tackled to the ground, the Queen watching her mane and beginning to ask her a number of questions as to how she kept it like that.

"So what are the plans from now on?" Rainbow asked to her alicorn friend.

"I'm not sure. It all happened so suddenly, I still can't tell if this is true or dream. I'll probably contact Thorax and ask him some advice. I want to try to make Chrysalis a part of our society, help her find a place where she belongs. I think the first-"

A scream interrupted her, and they all turned towards the source. That happened to be Applejack, and the cause was apparently Chrysalis, her mouth currently biting down on the earth pony's mane while her own was being worked on by Rarity. At the sudden influx of attention the changeling slowly withdrew her head from the other's, a couple of strands of hair stuck in her mouth. "I wanted to see if she tasted like apples," she apologetically said.

After a few seconds of silence the others began to laugh, and eventually Applejack and Chrysalis joined them.

"Next time you should ask before, okay?" Twilight said between fits of laughter.

"Okay."