• Published 26th Sep 2018
  • 5,215 Views, 182 Comments

RIDER TIME - WozWuzHere



The last survivor of a world of Kamen Riders lands in Equestria, and vows to protect it from evil.

  • ...
14
 182
 5,215

Prologue: Start The Clock, part 1

Prologue: Start the Clock

"No matter what, even if there is no God or Devil, no Buddha, and everything looks as bleak as can be...there will always be Kamen Rider. Believe in those brave souls who don this mantle!"
-------------------

On the outskirts of Ponyville, blanketed in a sea of apple trees, was Sweet Apple Acres, the family run apple farm belonging to the fittingly named Apple family.
The air around the farm at night was quiet and tranquil. As the Apple family were all sleeping, barely any movement existed outside their house.

Which made the sudden impact and explosion in the middle of their fields even more jarring. Applejack, who had been sleeping peacefully, rolled out of bed in alarm.
"What in tarnation was that!?" The recently awakened Applejack cried out.

Hastily throwing on her clothes, she rushed downstairs. Grabbing a small lantern, she approached the door, but was approached by her younger sister, Applebloom, who had also been awakened by the intense noise.

"Mmmgh...what's all that noise?"
Applejack just gave her little sister a gentle smile.
"Don't you worry none, just go back to bed, okay?" Applejack assured. She marched outside to the fields, Applebloom trying to tag along unnoticed.

----------------

Applejack wandered over to the source of the loud noise. To her shock, a large crater had been dug into the ground nearby, with an unusual metallic object lodged in the center. Said object looked like a giant tin-can that had been hit by a runaway
cart. But what was most unusual about it was the bright magenta insignia on it.

She hesitated to approach it, remembering a scary movie Pinkie Pie had her and their friends watched. Applejack had always had a very secret fear of alien invaders, but kept it locked away, figuring that nothing like that would ever happen.
The scared farmer swallowed her fear as much as she could to approach the strange object.

Applejack tensed up as she slowly edged more towards the large object...and promptly ran in the direction of Twilight Sparkle's castle as fast as her legs would let her when the thing started emitting an incredibly loud hissing sound. She was running with such panic she didn't even notice her sister there, and the same sister ran back to the house and back to bed immediately, hoping this was all just a bad dream. But Applejack's thoughts were stuck on one single idea.

"THE ALIENS ARE HERE! THEY'RE GONNA EAT MAH BRAINS!"
---------------

".....optimal living environment reached. Releasing stasis. Good morning, Thomas Decade."
"...ugh...I really wish I could just have it call me Tom...I hate being called Thomas..."

The container let off a large burst of cold steam as it opened up. Its contents was a young man with somewhat pale skin and brown hair and brown eyes. He was wearing a cyan t-shirt with a series of Japanese characters in neon pink under a letterman jacket with a "T" embroidered onto the front, gray jeans, and a nondescript pair of sneakers. He started to stand up, and grabbed two items from within the canister; a strange belt-like device, and a small pocket watch-shaped gadget.
Tom was trying to push the lid off the container, but as he did, he felt the container moving.

"Ngh! What...?" He asked as he felt the unstable rocking of the container.
"H-hey! What's going on!? HELP!!!" Tom started to panic, and began flailing around.
"Ugh...it's...so heavy...!" A female's voice said.

Too little, too late however, the grip was broken and Tom fell back on the ground.

"OW ow ow ow..." Tom whimpered, rubbing his head. He tried to look around for the source of the voice.
"Hey, are you alright?" The girl's voice rang out again.
"I'm fine, I think..." Tom replied.
"So...who- and WHAT- are you exactly?" The girl asked.

"What am I? What do you mean, I'm-" Tom started, but stopped as he got a look at his "rescuer" and the others with her. And his jaw dropped when he saw exactly who he was talking to.
It was a purple horse-esque creature, with a noticeable horn on her forehead and wings from her back, wearing a purple sweatshirt with rolled up sleeves and jeans.

"SWEET MOTHER OF GAIM!" Tom yelped out, as he crawled backwards away from the unfamiliar creatures.
"Wait!" Twilight yelled after him. "Please don't be scared!"

But for Tom, it was too much. Left became right, up became purple, and his mind simply couldn't handle the stress of his situation. All he could do was babble incoherently as his overloaded brain tried desperately to make sense of what he was seeing.
"Huh-buh haba-haba bah..." He babbled before fainting.

"Ohhh, this is bad...Applejack, can you help me get him back to the castle?" Twilight asked, but Applejack refused to move, her gaze never leaving the sight of the human.
"Ah don't trust it! What if it's just playin' possum so he can nab us!"
"Applejack, really? I've seen creatures like him before remember, he looks a lot like the humans from the Canterlot High world." Twilight Sparkle replied, attempting to assuage her friend's paranoia.

"I ain't gonna let him cut me open! He came outta the sky in his UFO and he's gonna call a bunch of varmints and we're all gonna be stuck in tubes of goo!" Applejack retorted, having fallen deep into her alien-phobia.
"Oh come on, that was just from that silly movie of Pinkie's!" Twilight retorted.
"Fine then, you deal with him, and then you'll be sorry when you have a big metal stick up where the sun don't-" Applejack kept going, but...

"CONSARN IT! If'n y'all don't pipe down ah'm getting mah mallet!" The voice of Granny Smith bellowed from the farmhouse.
The two decided to shelve their quarrel, hoisting the unconscious newcomer into a spare cart and wheeling him off.

--------------

The dawn had just broken over Ponyville. At this time, a certain rainbow-maned pegasus was about to start her morning workout.

"Alright, I'll do the usual laps around the sky, and get rid of the excess clouds while I'm at it!" She decided. She had put on a tank top and a pair of gym shorts, as well as a well-worn pair of sneakers. As she headed out however, she noticed that someone had left her a package.

"Huh? I wasn't expecting anything...must be from one of my fans!" She opened the box to find what appeared to be some sort of red-and-blue colored watch.

"A watch? Am I supposed to time myself with this?" She looked it over, and tapped the button on it. At that time, the watch started to spark, and zapped Rainbow Dash with red-and-blue bolts of energy! Rainbow let out grunts of pain as the watch turned into this energy and entered her body...
--------------
The sun shined through the windows of the Castle of Friendship, and shone on the face of the unconscious Tom. His jacket and shoes had been removed and placed nearby him on a chair, and a blanket was placed over him. He was currently sleeping on his side, trying to lean away from the sunlight.

"Ugh..." Tom groaned as roused from his slumber. "What happened to me...?" But his eyes widened as he remembered what had happened. He began to panic.

"Okay, Tom, don't panic." Tom tried to reassure himself out loud. "They didn't look like any of the Rider monsters, and they brought me to a bedroom instead of a cell. So they aren't going to attack me...right?"
The door began to open, and a young purple dragon walked in, nonchalantly.

"Alright, so gotta clean the guest rooms and-" Spike was saying but stopped when he noticed Tom.
"Uh...hi?" Spike greeted nervously.
"PHANTOM!" Tom yelped out.
"Phantom? What?" Spike was confused.

Tom tried to grab something off his left wrist, but whatever he was grabbing wasn't there.
"My RideWatch...it's gone!" As Tom said this, he began backing away from Spike.
"S-stay back!" He stammered.
"...I'll just go." Spike backed out of the room slowly.

Tom kept his eyes locked on Spike until he was out of the room. After a few moments of collecting himself, he stood up and put his jacket and shoes back on.

"I can't stay here...I gotta find my RideWatch, then I'll figure out my next move." Tom thought to himself, as he slid out the door to the room, keeping himself flattened to the wall. He sidled along the hallway, keeping his eyes and ears open. As he approached the end of the hallway, he heard footsteps.
"Crap, they're coming this way! Gotta go back." Tom thought to himself again, attempting to sidle in the other direction.

----------

"...it's the weirdest thing, though." Spike was explaining to Twilight as they were walking to the human's room. "Not only did he freak out, he thought I was a ghost!" The dragon kid shook his head. "I mean, I'd figure the whole dragon thing would be the first thing he thinks of when he saw me, but still..."

At that point, they noticed that the door to the room the human was in was open.
"I shut that door though..." Spike wondered as he and Twilight came to the same conclusion.
"He's gone! He must have ran away!" Twilight yelped. "Spike, go stay by the castle door!"

The young dragon saluted her and dashed to take position. As for Twilight, she began scouring the corridor.
"Hello? Mr. Human? I'm sorry if we scared you, please come out!" She announced, walking around.
Tom, meanwhile, was ducking in a corner, and was about to make his escape, but..
"Ah, there you are!" Twilight sighed in relief. Tom was not so relieved, however, as he gave a small yelp and tried to scramble away.

"Wait, we're not going to hurt you! Please calm down!" She pleaded, but the pleas fell on deaf ears as the terrified human continued to run away.
Twilight chased after the human, trying to explain herself. Finally, she managed to catch up, when he ran out of room and was backed up against a wall.

Tom was afraid, but knowing he had no escape, swallowed his fear and resigned himself.
"If you're gonna kill me, then just get it over with." He requested, a defeated tone in his voice.
Twilight looked hurt at what the human said. Why did he think she wanted to hurt him at all?
"...I don't know what you mean, but no one here wants to hurt you, okay?" She replied as calmly as possible.

Tom wasn't sure how to reply. He ended up deciding to at least hear what the creature in front of him had to say.
"...alright." He replied with hesitation.
"Good, now then..." Twilight held her hand out to the still unnerved human.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle, what's yours?"
Tom hesitated for a bit, but took the strange being's hand. "Thomas Decade...but I prefer to just be called Tom."

---------
As Rainbow Dash was flying around Ponyville, busting the clouds to clear the sky, she found herself struck with inexplicable headaches.

"Ugh...note to self, don't binge on double chocolate brownie batter ice cream before bed..." She shook her head and resumed her work.

On the ground beneath her, however...
"AIIIEEEE!" A shrill shriek pierced the air. Rainbow flew closer to the ground to scope out the situation and hopefully find some needy ponies to satisfy her ego. What she found, however, was objects spontaneously crumbling or exploding.

"My flower pots, they're all ruined!" Daisy of the Flower Trio cried.
"The horror! The HORROR!" Roseluck joined in, belting out what may as well have been her catchphrase at this point.
And their crying and shrieking was punctuated by a rush of loose vegetables pouring down the streets, from a bunch of collapsed market stalls.

"What is going on? Why is everything breaking? Is this a reaction or an action?" At that last thought, Rainbow stopped herself.

"Wait, why am I thinking about reactions? I need to save the day!" She rushed down and began flying around to corral lost produce and protect the town.

----------

Back at the Castle of Friendship, Twilight and Spike had sat Tom down at the round table they often ate at, either by themselves or with their friends. However, while Twilight was relieved, and Spike was trying to be welcoming, their guest was still incredibly unsettled by everything he had experienced in the past hour, let alone his landing the previous night.

Twilight had offered Tom a cup of tea, which he accepted. He clasped the cup with both hands, and stared down at it.
"Uh...t-thank you." He said shakily. Twilight just smiled, keeping a friendly face on in hopes of reassuring her human guest. Tom took a sip of the tea...it was actually really good!

"Huh, this is...actually really tasty." Tom commented.
"I'm glad you like it." Twilight replied. "I do have some questions though, is that alright?"

"Well...sure, I guess." Tom answered. "I have plenty of questions of my own though, trust me." But then he remembered that he was still lacking one of his most important belongings.
"Before that though...where's my RideWatch?" He asked. Twilight looked at him, puzzled.

"Your...what?" She queried. Realization dawned on Tom then, she didn't know what it was and probably just thought it was some sort of weird watch.
"That big watch I had on my wrist. I'd like it back, please."

Twilight was curious. "Is it that important?"
Tom nodded. "EXTREMELY important." Twilight just nodded in reply. "Spike, could you go grab the rest of our friend's belongings?" She asked her assistant, who gave a salute and went down the hallway. She then turned back to Tom.
"Now then, as I was saying...you said you go by Tom, right?" Twilight asked, with Tom nodding. "And you are a human, right?"

"Yeah, I'm a human...wait, you know about humans? Do they exist here?" Tom asked.
"Well, no, though they have been known to appear here every once in a while." Twilight explained. "Usually when they do arrive, they end up as heroes that vanquish some massive threat. Though detailed knowledge about them is scarce, the last one we had here was well over 2000 years ago."

Tom mulled this information over. "So...I'm here because there's something this world needs me to do?" He sighed in relief, which was the reaction Twilight was least expecting.
"You seem to be taking this awfully well." Twilight noted. "If I was in your position I'd probably be hyperventilating by now." She remarked, speaking from prior experience.

"Well, whoever did choose me to come here at least chose someone equipped to handle situations like evil villains and the like." The human replied. "And you're wondering why, I presume?" Tom asked, an air of confidence and pride filling his voice. Twilight nodded.
"Well, it's because..." He cleared his throat. "I am Tom Decade, and I'm a Kamen Rider!" Tom pronounced loudly. "...in training." He added quietly. Twilight just stared blankly.

"I'm sorry, you're a comma-what?" She asked, utterly baffled.

Tom stopped, a realization dawning on his face. "Ah, right...I didn't think about whether you had them here or not." Once again, he cleared his throat. "Well, Kamen Riders are a lineage of heroes from the world I'm from. Each one stood up against evils that threatened the people of the world, either after suffering terrible fates or gaining powers from the same source as the threat. But no matter what, the Riders still stood for the freedom and happiness of everyone. That's what it means to be a Kamen Rider!" Tom proclaimed.

Twilight just sat there, dumbfounded. "Either you come from a very strange world, or you read waaaay too many comic books." She replied after a few seconds.

At that time, Spike came back, holding the watch that Tom was wearing before he passed out.
"This is it, right?" He asked, showing the watch to Tom. Tom took the watch from the young dragon and looked it over.

"Yep, this is my RideWatch. With this, I can become a Kamen Rider." The human explained. "Still, I have a lot of questions..."
"Yeah, I have a question too- why did you think I was a ghost?" Spike asked.
Tom was confused but realization dawned on his face. "Ohhhh....no, when I said Phantom, I meant-on second thought, that would be a really long story to tell." He replied. "Let's just say the word 'Phantom' means something entirely different to me." Twilight and Spike just looked at each other, and Spike shrugged.

Just then, a series of screams emanated from the nearby town. All three of them stood at attention.
"Something's going on!" Tom declared! He started running towards the door, but Twilight cut him off.
"Wait a second! If you go out there, you'll probably make everyone panic more!" She explained. Tom just shook his head.

"If I just let the people panic, I'd be spitting on everything I believe in, Twilight...so I'm going!" He rushed past her and ran as fast as he could out of the castle.
"Spike, I need you to send a letter to Princess Celestia as fast as possible!" Twilight requested. "I gotta go after him!"
Spike just saluted and went to get a scroll. Twilight, meanwhile, ran after the human.

Tom ran headfirst into the town square, where he was witness to the destruction.

Structures and houses crumbled to pieces. Valuables and resources stuck under what appeared to be stone numbers and equations. And a lot of very confused, and VERY frightened, pony folk.

Of course, with Tom being an alien that none of them had actually seen before, many of them were staring at him with shock and fear, except for one mint-colored unicorn whose face was overflowing with a sense of joy, like she won the lottery, a medal of honor and the Equestrian Buckball League at the same time.

But, as he advanced through the crowd, he noticed that several of the nearby walls had various complicated physics formulas and equations scrawled across them.

And then he saw her. A cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail, wearing a white lab coat over a tank top and gym shorts, scribbling more equations across the wall. For some reason, she was emitting sparks of red and blue energy.
"Who...?" Tom wondered to himself.

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight's voice rang out behind the human.
"Rainbow Dash...? Is it just me, or do a lot of these creatures' names sound like dessert flavorings?" Tom pondered to himself. But, he put that thought aside so he could focus on figuring out what the problem was.

Twilight walked up to the pegasus. "Rainbow Dash? Hello?" But it was no use, she was too absorbed in her scribblings to notice. Annoyed, Twilight took a deep breath...

"RAINBOW DASH!" She shouted, using the "Royal Canterlot Voice" skill that was bound to get anyone's attention. It seemed to draw Rainbow out of her trance, somewhat.

"What is it, Twilight? I'm so close to solving this equation! If I can find the answer to this, I'll have found a mathematical formula on achieving greater percentages of coolness!"

This stunned Twilight. The Rainbow she knew wasn't keen on what she herself described as "egghead things", let alone complex equations. And the more she scribbled, the more red and blue energy sparked off her.

"What's happened to you, Rainbow Dash? Are you feeling alright?" Twilight asked with concern. A small tuft of Rainbow's mane stuck up, and she looked at her friend with annoyance.

"No, I can't do this right now, Twilight, I have to solve this! I have to!" She said, growing increasingly manic with both her words and actions.

"I'm gonna solve this, and then I'll be known as a genius! I will be a genius! I AM A GENIUS!" The energy sparks began covering her body at those proclamations, until she suddenly hunched over.

"Grrrr...." She groaned in pain. "I...AM....A GENIUS!" The red and blue energy seemed to give way to black bolts of energy that seemed to cover her entire body. "I...AM...BUILD!"

The black bolts swarmed over her, and she screamed in pain as they seemed to engulf her! Twilight tried to grab her friend with her magic, but the sinister force surrounding Rainbow Dash rejected her magic, the resulting backlash knocking Twilight over. She sat up, clutching her head in pain.

The black energy subsided, but the being before them...wasn't Rainbow Dash anymore.

It appeared to be a strange bipedal monster, with intermingling red and blue armor strewn over a black bodysuit. Its face vaguely resembled a skull, with a pronounced jaw full of jagged teeth, and its eyes covered by strange "lenses", one red and one blue. Around its waist was a peculiar looking contraption, appearing to be rusty and warped. Across its chest, the words "Build 2017" were engraved on it.
"R-rainbow...?" Twilight stammered.
"Me...BUILD!" The monster roared. It raised its arms in a threatening manner, but was then suddenly bound with a lasso!

"Not on yer life, ya ugly varmint!" The familiar Southern sprawl of Applejack rang through the air, as she tried to restrain the beast. But, it was no use as the monster easily broke the rope.
"You...Applejack?" The monster said, its voice echoing with a warped distortion. It then raised its arms out to its sides and ran over to the farmpony.

"BEST MATCH!" The monster began tightly hugging Applejack, as she tried to break free of its grip. Eventually, she shoved it off her. She backed up towards Twilight, shuddering. "What in tarnation is that thing!?" She yelled, but then she noticed Tom.
"YOU! What did you do to Rainbow!?" She pointed accusingly at the human. But Twilight got up.
"It wasn't him, Rainbow- he ran out here when he heard there was trouble!" Twilight explained. "Despite me specifically asking him NOT to." She continued, sounding annoyed.

But, Tom walked forward, seemingly undaunted.
"Twilight, Applejack...stand back." He commanded, an air of calm and confidence in his words. He held out his left hand to his side and focused for a few seconds. A strange clock-shaped portal appeared over his hand, and when it disappeared, he was holding a large belt buckle. He slapped the buckle around his waist.

"SPACETIME DRIVER!" The belt announced in an echoing voice.
"I'm thinking this is why I'm needed here." Tom explained. "So if I'm here to defeat monsters like this, and save the innocent..." He produced his RideWatch.
"...then that's what I'll do! As a KAMEN RIDER!" Turning the bezel on the watch, he pressed the button on top.

"ZI-O!" The watch announced. Tom inserted the watch into the right-hand side of the belt buckle, and as he did, a large illusory clock appeared behind him. A strange beat reminiscent of a ticking clock surrounded them...
"HENSHIN!" Tom yelled out, as he span the belt buckle. The clock image rotated, and it seemed like time itself twisted around the human. A trio of energy rings resembling metal watch straps surrounded him, as he was also engulfed in energy. It formed a suit of armor around him, and a series of neon pink characters also appeared in front of him.

The monster, enraged by this, attempted to attack, but the strange neon characters shot out at the beast, keeping it at bay.
"RIDER TIME!" The belt announced again, as the armor seemed to solidify.

The armor that Tom now wore was a black body suit with many metallic accents, and notable watch motifs such as a large watch strap going down the center of the armor's midsection, and "crown" dials on its knees. The helm sported two clock hands that seemed to act as a crest, and the floating neon symbols attached themselves to the helmet's face, where the eyes would be.

"Tom...is that you?" Twilight asked. The transformed human nodded.
"I am Kamen Rider Zi-O!" Tom declared, striking a pose. "I promise you, in the name of the Kamen Riders..."

"I'll save your friend!"

Author's Note:

https://youtu.be/43VJrPhE1UA?list=PLXFLyiWeGstFfMaKQUMtO3iasI9qWVLFT

The redone story begins here! Kamen Rider Zi-O has appeared before the heroines! His foe is Another Build, who has taken the body of Rainbow Dash as its own! Can our hero overcome this foe and save its victim?