• Published 26th Sep 2018
  • 5,215 Views, 182 Comments

RIDER TIME - WozWuzHere



The last survivor of a world of Kamen Riders lands in Equestria, and vows to protect it from evil.

  • ...
14
 182
 5,215

Chapter 11: Rough Ride Through Youthful Days

“Starlight, open up! This is your great and powerful best friend staging a great and much needed intervention! Trixie says you can’t keep yourself locked away forever~!”

Starlight groaned and pulled the covers off her, as the sunlight filtered in and blinked at the rapid knocking at her door.

“Go away… It’s way too early in the morning for this crap…”

The past week was a painful time for Starlight Glimmer. She had already been having many issues and guilty feelings about what she did to Twilight and her friends, not to mention the whole of Equestria…and then she finds out that her actions resulted in an entire world being obliterated!

“TRIXIE IS TRYING TO BE A GOOD FRIEND, STARLIGHT! I KNOW, IT'S HARD FOR TRIXIE TO BELIEVE TOO! THIS IS ALL NEW TO TRIXIE TOO! NOW OPEN UP THIS DOOR THAT YOU MAY BASK IN HER GREAT AND POWERFUL FRIENDSHIP!”

Starlight sighed and opened the door. She was still in a bathrobe, her face matted with tears and her mane unkempt.

For once, Trixie was rendered speechless. She was completely out of her element when it came to this sort of thing, and yet she was the only one who could even begin to help Starlight now.

“Trixie wishes she was that amazingly arrogant mare Twilight Sprinkle right now but it seems Trixie herself will have to do…”

“...it’s nice to see you, Trixie…” Starlight mumbled. “Though it seems Trixie has no volume control…”

“But of course! Trixie is only being herself! The great and powerful Trixie came as soon as she could when she got a scroll from Twilight’s little dragon minion.”

“His name is Spike.” Starlight sighed.

“And Trixie doesn’t believe a word of any of this! Even if you tried to exact revenge on Twilight, and rightfully so, you couldn’t have destroyed an alien planet in the process!”

“...but it was because of me that the entities that did destroy it exist…” Starlight sobbed.

“What garbage! The Great and Powerful Trixie-”

“Really, REALLY needs to learn some Gaim-damn volume control!” Another voice yelled. It was Tom, and he was covering his ears.

“Ah, you must be the Commode Rider that’s been in the news recently.”

“Did this loudmouth just go there!?” Tom thought to himself. “It’s KAMEN Rider.”

“It’s all a bunch of utter rubbish!” Trixie argued back. “Do you really expect Trixie to believe that you of all creatures are some sort of hero, and that your planet was destroyed by a gaggle of villains from our world?”

“He’s not lying, Trixie…” Starlight interjected. “Those villains exist. I saw them. I heard from them. That Red Rider tried to kill me because of it.”

“He did WHAT now!? Oh, Trixie will be sure to teach him a lesson he won’t soon forget!” Trixie fumed, pulling up her sleeves.

“Look, Trixie…” Tom started.

“That’s the GREAT and POWERFUL TRIXIE to you!” Trixie yelled back.

“...Starlight, would you mind going somewhere with Trixie? The greatly annoyed and completely tired Tom needs to sleep in and he also thinks you two need some time alone. He will not hesitate to Rider Kick you through the nearest wall if need be.”

“Hmph! Leave to a foolish alien chimp to not comprehend the glory that is the GREAT and POWERFUL-” Trixie started again but Starlight stopped her.

“Let’s go somewhere else please…I’ve already caused him enough damage recently.” Starlight sighed again.

“...very well, Starlight. Shall I help you make yourself presentable?” She asked as Starlight nodded and the two retreated into Starlight’s room.

“...ugh…need coffee now…and ibuprofen.” Tom groaned, rubbing his temples.

---

Tom walked into the kitchen, yawning and grumbling. “Stupid loud mare…does she have any idea how to even be quiet?” He continued grumbling as he started making some coffee. He then saw Twilight sitting at the table, nose deep in a book…and then his brain started racing.

Ok, Tom…it’s not a big deal. She likes you. You like her. You can go over and talk to her…god damn, this IS scarier than a monster fight!” He took a deep breath.

“Um…good morning, Twilight.” Twilight yelped, accidentally tossing the book up and it landing on her face.

“Oh, uh…book! No, Tom!” Twilight stammered. “Good morning!”

“Oh dear sweet Faust, what am I doing!? Get a grip!” Twilight thought to herself.

Tom walked over to the table, a cup of coffee in each hand.

“I…uh…made some coffee for you.” He stammered.

“Thanks! I like coffee! I mean…thanks for the coffee!” Twilight was tripping over her words.

The two sat in silence for a few minutes, until…

“Um…Starlight’s loud friend was here.” Tom started.

“Yeah, I know…and I’m fairly certain everyone in town does too,” Twilight replied, ears flat against her head.

“No volume control, huh?” Tom replied.

“You have NO idea. I mean, the first time we met, she was-” Twilight started but stopped.

“The first time we met, she was putting on a show and bragging about herself to everyone. She even started humiliating our friends.” Twilight explained. “Then those two kids brought an Ursa Minor into the town…”

“An Ursa Minor? Like the constellation?” Tom asked.

“Like the bear.”

“How big are we talking here?” Tom asked and when Twilight gestured with her hands, he blinked. “...okay how are those two kids not dead?”

Twilight shook her head. “Dumb luck, if I had to hazard a guess. In fact, looking back…a lot of all of that could have been avoided.” She looked down. “If I was a better friend…”

“What do you mean?” Tom asked.

“...I was too afraid of doing anything about Trixie at first because I thought that if I showed off my magic, they’d hate me like they did her.”

“But you’re… well,” Tom blushed. “Well, you? Who could hate you?”

“Oh, you’d be surprised…” Twilight sighed again. “Before coming here, I was a borderline shut in…and ponies tried to be my friend, but I always shut them out because I didn’t realize how important it was to have friends.”

“But you do now,” Tom said. “The past is the past, the now is the now.”

“You’re right…but it still bothers me sometimes,” Twilight replied. “Thanks for listening, Tom, you’re a good boyfriend,” she said, and then suddenly covered her mouth, her face turning beet red.

Tom’s face was a similar shade. “Y-you’re welcome, Twilight.”

Neither of them had noticed, but Spike was sitting at the table, eating a bowl of cereal nonchalantly.

“So are you two gonna do something with this relationship or what?” Spike asked. The two merely looked away from each other, their blushing increased. Spike just sighed and continued eating.

---

Starlight just sighed as she sat at an outdoor cafe with Trixie. She hadn’t been out of the castle in a week, and while she appreciated her friend’s efforts, she felt horrible. She didn’t deserve to be out here, she should be locked up like the monster she is.

After all, what else could you call someone who caused the deaths of everyone in the world? Even if it wasn’t her own world…

“...and then, Trixie said to the stallion, ‘The Great and Powerful Trixie does not need to move her cart, officer! She has obtained an extended parking permit!’ But she ended up giving me a ticket anyway… are you listening, Starlight?”

Starlight looked up and nodded: “Sorry, my sympathies to your… wait, sorry, I lost track. Something about your cart and Manehattan right?”

“Starlight!”

“Sorry, I’ve had a lot on my mind lately, that’s all!”

“Trixie can tell, Trixie is honestly feeling ignored here lately. Trixie can tell something is weighing down on you.”

“...I’m a monster, Trixie,” Starlight started. “I’m responsible for the deaths of Faust knows how many. They died because of my stupid grudge!”

Tears began streaming down Starlight’s face.

“Sorry, did you go overboard when fleabombing your house?” Trixie blinked. “I mean, they’re just fleas and speaking from personal experience with Trixie’s immaculate coat Trixie says hardly anyone will miss them. Trixie hardly sees any reason to be crying.”

“I meant Tom’s homeworld! His people!”

“...you really believe that was your fault, even now?” Trixie asked. “Trixie asks, did you even know what your actions would lead to? Let Trixie phrase it this way, if Trixie gives a child an allergic reaction due to the bunny she uses in Trixie’s stage show, would she know about it until she actually finds out about it via a lawsuit? Trixie cannot see the future.”

“...but Starlight can ruin everyone’s future,” Starlight replied.

“Did Starlight intend to ruin everyone’s future? Trixie thinks not.”

Starlight couldn’t bring herself to respond. Whether she intended it or not, she was the reason behind the deaths of countless beings, behind the misery of both Tom and that other Rider…and the source of the monsters that have been haunting Equestria ever since.

“For buck’s sake, Starlight!” Trixie yelled, slamming her hands on the table. “You are Trixie’s most important friend! Trixie believes in you! Trixie cares about you! So please, Trixie implores you!”

Trixie looked down at the table, sobbing.

“Please…don’t keep beating yourself up like this…Trixie can barely stand to see you like this…”

The two mares looked down and didn’t say anything for a few moments. Then, Starlight spoke.

“You really are my best friend, aren’t you?” Starlight said. “You still care about a twisted mare like me?”

“Even if the very sky were to rip asunder, Trixie would never stop caring about you!”

“You should really write romance fiction, I think you’d be great at it…” Starlight giggled slightly.

“Well, it seems you’ve managed to recover some of that snark, at least…” Trixie rolled her eyes, but noticed that there were a pair of cupcakes on their table.

“Starlight, did you order these for us? Trixie was thinking about it…”

“No, actually. Where’d they-”

Before Starlight could even finish that thought, a loud pop echoed around them followed by streams of confetti!

“Surpriiiiise!” The ever joyful voice of Pinkie Pie sang out. “Twi told me you were feeling sad, Starlight! So I made you some extra special cupcakes!”

Starlight’s ears flattened against her head as Trixie clapped in applause. “Please, Pinkie, my hearing’s only just starting to come back…”

“Very impressive, pink one! Not once has anyone ever managed to sneak up on the GREAT and POWERFUL TRIXIE!”

“Trixie…not helping,” Starlight winced.

“Oh, that reminds me! My family’s coming in to see me today, and I wanted you to meet my sisters!” Pinkie said, bouncing up and down to the annoyance of Starlight and the…interest of Trixie.

My dear Faust you could bounce a bit off those buns…” Trixie thought to herself before shaking her head. “No! You are here to support Starlight, not be ensorceled by this springy succubus!”

“You can come along too, Trix!” Pinkie said.

“...Trix?” Trixie mumbled. Starlight snickered a bit.

“Trix are for kids, you know,” Starlight stuck her tongue out. She knew that bit of human media she read was worth it after all.

Trixie rolled her eyes. “Very well, the Great and Powerful Trixie will meet your family.”

“YEEEEE!” Pinkie squealed in cheer. “Meet you at the train station in half an hour!”

Pinkie ran off as suddenly as she appeared.

“What on Equus did I just agree to?” Trixie asked herself. “I feel like I made a deal with the fiends in Tartarus.”

“Don’t be afraid, I’m sure Pinkie’s family will be nice…Trix,” Starlight replied, sticking out her tongue at the end.

“Trixie demands you stop calling her that!”

“Sorry, not going to happen. Consider this payback for nearly deafening me earlier.”

“Trixie told you, Trixie was just being herself and Trixie considered it a big enough risk when dragging you out of bed,” Trixie said. “Trixie knew she had to wake you up somehow, and if that didn’t work, Trixie would resort to setting off firecrackers outside your door until you came out. Trixie is basically saying you got off easy compared to what Trixie had planned.”

“Yeah, seems like it…”

“Trixie can be as big of a nuisance as Trixie wants until Trixie gets exactly what she wants.”

“Trixie is a brat,” Starlight said.

“Trixie is indeed a brat. What are you going to do about it? Punish me?” Trixie asked, waggling her eyebrows.

“I think we need a few more coffee dates before I’m going even consider that possibility.”

“Trixie thinks you need to live a little, Trixie promises you won’t regret it!”

“Trixie is sex-crazed.”

The mare in question nodded. “Trixie will admit to that.”

As the two walked off, a somewhat young mare was behind a tree, shaking her head before she held up what looked to be a railway pass and swiped it in the air. A train horn honked, police sirens blaring with it before a thick blue train thundered by and when it vanished the mare was gone. A few ponies blinked, swearing they’d heard the train before quickly writing it off as their imagination…

-----

The half-hour had passed as Pinkie had invited all of her friends along to greet her family at the train station, including Tom, despite not having met them before.

Starlight had noticed that Tom wasn’t responding much, despite the combo of Trixie and Pinkie proving to be a borderline noise hazard.

“Has he finally accepted the insanity?” Starlight chuckled. Tom noticed Starlight talking and reached towards his ears, pulling a small earplug out of each. “You say something?”

Starlight just blinked. “Why didn’t I think of that?” She thought to herself.

“So, what’s Pinkie’s family like, anyway?” Tom asked. “Are they all…?”
“Nah, they ain’t all like her. Pinkie’s pretty special like that.” Applejack explained.

“That’s one way to put it…”

As they chatted, the whistle of the incoming train came from nearby.

“That’s them! That’s their train!”

The train slowly came to a stop before letting out a large hiss of steam. The doors opened and a parade of travelers came off…one such group noticed Pinkie.

“Over here! Ma! Pa! Limestone! Marble! Maud!” Pinkie jumped up and waved.

The two groups met each other in the middle. Tom noticed a familiarity with how they dressed.

So, these guys are like…pony Amish? Huh.” He thought to himself before noting that there were only four ponies, when he heard Pinkie call out five names.

“Wait, where’s Maud?” Pinkie asked, looking around.

“IIIIIT’S ROCK TIME!” As if to answer her question, a loud voice rang out…the sheer volume surpassing even Pinkie and Trixie. They looked and saw a gray mare in what appeared to be a delinquent-styled outfit, holding a yo-yo and chewing on something. She blew a pink bubble and popped it, light green and orange streaks in her otherwise dull hair.

Both groups blanched, except for Tom who just looked on in confusion.

“...is she on her Rumspringa or something…?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I think Maud’s been RideWatched…!” Pinkie whimpered, her hair losing some of its normal poof.

“My apologies, dear daughter…your sister has not been well these past few moons,” Pinkie’s father apologized. “And do forgive our manners for not introducing ourselves.”

“I am Igneous Rock Pie, and mine wife is Cloudy Quartz.” The elder stallion tipped his hat while his wife gave a courtesy.

“Limestone.” The eldest sister spat out bluntly.

“Um…Marble.” The next just said shyly, pressing her fingers together and hiding behind her long stone gray hair.

Okay, did Fluttershy clone herself and not tell anyone?” Starlight wondered.

“And then-”

“I’m Maud Pie! I’m gonna be friends with every single rock in the world!” Maud exclaimed.

Tom merely whispered to the others. “Fourze. Definitely Fourze.”

The group just nodded. They knew by now that Tom was the only one around who could help them with this right now.

“Well then, I’m sure you’re tired after your trip,” Twilight said. “We can take you to my castle, there’s plenty of room for you to lodge there.”

“Aw, but I was gonna see if the Cakes would let them stay!” Pinkie pouted.

“I…don’t think the Cakes have enough room for all of you, not to mention…” Twilight replied as she gestured with her neck towards Maud.

“Oh… oh right,” Pinkie sheepishly replied. “Yeah, castle works fine.”

“Well then, let’s goooo!” Maud said as she picked up all their bags…and Marble. “Onwards to the castle!”

She took off in the direction of the castle at normally Pinkie levels of speed, leaving a cloud of dust in her wake.

“Hey! Maud, wait!!!” Pinkie called after her, running along.

“We…should probably head there before someone breaks something.” Twilight muttered, the group nodding and allowing Twilight to lead the way.

“I’m surprised she hasn’t turned into Another… Fourze was it yet,” Starlight mused. “From the sounds of it, she’s been infected, for lack of a better word, for the past few days. Nobody else has taken nearly this long to transform…”

Trixie shrugged. “Trixie is still new to all of this, but from what she’s seen, Pinkie is an oddity amongst her family. Perhaps Maud is, although Trixie has never met her until now so she can’t say for certain but perhaps Maud is so unlike this Frozen character she’s taking longer?”

“Well, whatever it is, I’m hoping it holds out!” Pinkie explained. “I know my sister, and this is NOT my sister! I don’t want to have her turn into a monster on me!”

—----

“Well, you certainly screwed the pooch this time, Discord…” A certain purple clad Rider made his way around, keeping himself concealed with a Camo Vent card.

“You left the FourzeWatch WHERE!?” Ouja’s boss yelled.

“Um…I can explain…” Ouja whimpered, shrinking in front of his boss.

“You know DAMN well that those watches are vital to our plans! You will go retrieve it immediately! And you know what’ll happen if you don’t…”

“Alright, alright, fine!”

“Ugh… the boss vexes me for sure, but considering the alternative, I think I’ll take my chances.” He shuddered. “Now, where’s little miss stone-face gotten off to?”

Ouja continued slithering around the town, until he noticed his target lifting a large pile of luggage and what appeared to be another mare on her shoulders.

“I never really understood the appeal with muscle-y girls, but to each their own,” He shrugged as he attempted to get closer. “Heh, look at Starlight. So goody-goody, it makes me sick. She’s trying to be everything her counterpart in our big happy evil family isn’t. Trying to be a good pony, all to appease her teacher. She should really just… cut loose like I did. Much more fun. What’s wrong with a bit of chaos?”

With a sigh, Ouja just kept watch over his potential prey, until he noticed some very unwelcome adversaries.

“And of course, I have to deal with the little snot and his fan club. They vex me more than the boss does,” he muttered. “It’s like, so hard to be a good bad guy these days! Ooooooh, what I’d give to get that brat alone, away from all of his little marefriends and just show him what a true Rider can do. He thinks he’s a king with his title does he? I’m an Emperor!”

Unknown he was being stalked, Tom wondered when Maud would turn into her Another Rider form so he could be done with today already. He’d already been woken up waaaaaaaay too early by Trixie’s poor attempts at volume control and forced back a yawn.

“Your whole castle is made of beautiful rocks, I don’t even know what kind, but when I become friends with them, I’ll find out!” Maud said, taking out a hammer and chisel to take a sample for herself.

“I-I-I’m pretty sure that’s vandalism…” Tom stammered out only to back up, back way up and tumble over a side table at Maud’s downright vicious glare.

“Yeah?” Maud said, walking over and looking at him with the evil eye. “And who’s gonna stop me, huh, is it you pipsqueak?”

“Maud, please, don’t threaten your host,” Cloudy tried to calm her down.

“My host? Please! He’s just the Princess’ consort! He’s not even her husband yet!” Maud said as Twilight went even pinker than usual. “He doesn’t have any authority! And if you ask me, the Princess can do way better than him, he’s a shrimpy little pipsqueak!”

“Hey!” Tom said, rather offended. “I mean I know I’m not exactly a bodybuilder but you’re the first one who’s ever complained in… well, since I came to town actually. Even Rainbow’s shut up about my shrimpiness!”

Trixie was giggling. “The great and powerful Trixie rather thinks this Maud has a point, you are rather shrimpy!”

“Trixie…!” Starlight whisper-hissed, smacking her arm none too gently.

“What?” the mare asked, gesturing to Tom. “Well, he is!”

“Your comments have been noted, they’re very helpful Trixie,” Twilight said, trying to be as polite as she could be around her nemesis and the Another Rider to be. “Thank you for speaking your mind.”

“Oh, if she were an Another Rider right now…” Tom mumbled, looking at the showmare, before turning back to Maud who was raising her hammer and chisel. “Hey, stop! What did I say? No vandalism!”

“Help help, I’m being oppressed!” Maud said as Tom tried to pry the hammer and chisel away from him. “Get away from me, you’re just a servant of the mare!”

Here, she kicked Tom away down the hallway as he rolled down it like a bowling ball. Everyone swore they heard a pin-crashing sound followed by a groan of pain.

“Tom!” Twilight said.

“I’m alright!” Tom said, giving a thumbs up. “I’ll live! I’ve taken worse!”

“Trixie is concerned that she believes him on that.”

The day went by about as well as could be expected, Starlight keeping a close eye on Maud in case she mutated into her Another Rider form.

“I will say this,” she mused as she relaxed in a chair, looking up from her magazine on kites. “She’s got a pretty strong will if she’s been able to fend off the transformation for this long. Of course, she is Pinkie’s… older(?) sister and if they’re anything like, they’re nothing but determined mares.”

She chuckled remembering what the rest of her family looked like.

“It’s hard to believe Pinkie comes from such a…” she paused searching for the right word, conservative didn’t really fit and had different connotations according to Tom. “...restrained family.”

She smiled sadly.

“I can see why Pinkie wanted to come to Ponyville, I doubt she really fit in at all.”

“Actually, if anything,” said her father as he walked over, tipping his hat at her politely as the older stallion sat down in a chair beside her. “She was always the bright life in our life, the sun on a cloudy day. We were sad when Pinkie decided to leave for Ponyville, saying destiny was calling her, but we knew it was time for her to leave the nest and find her own place in the world.”

“I see…”

“She sends us letters weekly, her handwriting has always been poor but,” here the stallion gave what must have been a rare smile. “We can always understand what she’s trying to say. She says she’s happy here, and… I’m glad.”

“The way you make it sound…”

“Some days on the farm were better than others, she always had us, but we could tell Pinkie would one day want to make her own way in the world,” the Pie family patriarch said. “Some mares aren’t just meant for life on the farm.”

“What kind of farm do you…?”

“Rocks.”

“Of course it is,” Starlight said. “Is… sorry, I’m searching for the right way to phrase this. Are your family happy where they are?”

“I assume by family, you mean my daughters? Limestone, she’d never admit it, but she loves our farm and loves us, even if she tries to act otherwise. Maud, she loves exploring the nearby caves…” here the stallion sighed. “Marble… I worry about her though. Limestone and Maud have such overwhelming forces of personality, that she’s feeling suppressed I suppose?”

Starlight looked back at the shy mare, who was trying to be the smallest thing in the room and immediately understood what Igneous meant.

“She looks like she needs a friend…” Starlight said, remembering a time when she was all alone in the world as well. “...a mare like that, one who makes even Fluttershy look outgoing… yeah, she needs a friend.”

Before she became a target of the Grudge Riders, she told herself.

She walked over to the light gray mare, still hiding behind her hair.

“Hi.”

“Hi…”

Starlight could see Twilight send her an approving smile.

“Marble, is it?”

“Mhmmmmmm…”

“It’s okay, I’m not going to hurt you. We’re all friends here, I know a mare exactly like you. Fluttershy? You two are a lot alike. She needed a friend once,” Starlight said, speaking softly as not to spook the shy mare. “She was lucky to get one in Rainbow Dash. If… if you want, I can…”

“...be my friend?” Marble squeaked.

“So cute…” Starlight said to herself before saying: “No, stop, control yourself girl. You’re here to make friends, not squee how cute she is, even if she’s Fluttershy all over again.”

“I… I, I’m sorry, this is all new to me,” Marble said, not able to meet her eyes just yet. “I… I’m at a princess’ castle and something is wrong with my sister and… I’m sorry, it’s a bit overwhelming that’s all.”

“It is, isn’t it?” Starlight said. “You’d think I’d get used to how strange life in Ponyville can be, right? Nope, every day brings new surprises.”

“Sounds…” Marble paused. “Sounds stressful…”

“It can be yeah, sometimes. It’s very different from where I grew up…”

“Good different… or bad different?”

“Good different,” Starlight said. “Every day brings new adventures, heh, life’s never boring here is it? But it’s never lonely either… everyone’s so nice and friendly here…”

Even if she wasn’t entirely sure yet if she really deserved any of their kindness.

“Friendly huh?” Marble wondered.

“Yeah, they’re very friendly. Ponyville has a weird way of making you feel welcome and like you’re at home even if you’re just visiting for a spell,” Starlight said. “Heh, I’ve been here barely a few weeks, at most, and I already feel like I’ve lived here my whole life.”

“Sounds nice…”

“Come on, let’s go somewhere else, like let’s go raid the castle’s kitchens. Trix can keep an eye on your sister and come get us if anything goes wrong,” Starlight smiled holding out her hand.

“My name isn’t Trix! It’s Trixie! And oh you did not just volunteer Trixie to keep an eye on anyone!” the mare in question shouted as Marble retreated into herself.

“Trixie! Volume! What have I said?!?” Starlight glared at the mare.

“Yes, you have said to Trixie to tone it down.”

“Good, do that or I remove your mouth and do it for you,” Starlight threatened. “You’re not the only one who knows that spell!”

Twilight looked torn between disapproval and wondering if she could ask Starlight how to perform that spell.

Tom meanwhile threw his fist into his mouth to stop himself from laughing. He quickly looked back at Maud, sighing. “Don’t put your hooves up on the cutie map.”

“I’ll put them where I want to,” she said. “This is me, chillaxing. Oh, dude, does your place have like a garage where I can put my bike?”

“Er… no?”

“Lame,” Maud said. “You really know how to bum a girl out. I hear there’s some fast mares here, in this town and I want to see how fast they really are.”

“Don’t let Rainbow Dash hear that, she might think you’re saying she’s slow.”

“It sounds like this Rainbow Dash has an ego bigger than all of Cloudsdale…”

Tom sighed and said: “...well you’re not wrong but all the same…”

“She’s all full of hot air, from the sounds of it. It sounds like she needs to be deflated,” Maud said. “I’ll challenge her to a race, and then when she loses, she’ll have to help me collect rocks to befriend.”

Maud was looking ready to strike a familiar pose though Tom hoped she wasn’t quite as… enthusiastic about it as Gentaro.

“Please… not in here…” he said to himself.

“ROOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” Maud said, throwing her hands out wide as the sound reverbrated all through the crystal castle.

“...she’s worse than Trixie…” Tom said, rubbing his ringing ears before swiftly pushing Maud out of the room. “Okay, for the sake of all of our hearing, mine in particular, out you go. There’s a bunch of rocks outside, and more importantly, Ponyville doesn’t carry an echo.”

“Are you trying to tell me where to go, man?” Maud said, whirling on her hooves. “Nobody tells me where to go and what to do. Especially not a servant of the Mare. You’re always doing what that Princess of yours tells you to do, and you’re never making decisions for yourself. Tell me, is she at least good in bed? Is that why you’re with her?”

Tom squeaked as he went beet red and steam hissed from his ears. “We haven’t even…”

“Wow, so you’re not even jumping into bed with her? She’s a princess, I thought you’d take the first chance you’d get with her,” Maud said, and even though Tom knew she wasn’t in her right mind, she was still getting on his nerves. “I mean, it’s not like a shrimpy little monkey like you has any real chance at a dating life. You’re just a hairless-”

“Shut… Shut up. You’re not me, and you don’t get to tell me who I am. I care… I care for Twilight and she cares for me! I respect her boundaries, and when… that happens, it’ll happen in it’s own time! I’m not going to rush this relationship, not when I respect Twilight too much for that!”

A chuckle came from nearby.

“Well, aren’t you sweet?” Discord said, purple armor shining in the sun. “You’re a real knight in shining armor, you even have the mechanical two-wheeled horse to match. You’re going to make me melt from cute.”

“Ouja… So you’re showing up for another humiliation?” Tom said, going for his ridewatch. “Because that seems to be what you’re best at, getting humiliated.”

“No, I’m here for her,” he said, looking at Maud, who crossed her arms as her coat flapped in the wind. “See, I put that thing in her months back, yet it’s taking her annoyingly long to transform. I guess you could say I’m here to speed up the process!”

He summoned his sword, -”Sword Vent!”- the massive golden fang shining in the sun as he swung it at Maud. Tom pushed her aside and then slammed his palm into the dark rider’s chest shoving the chaos spirit back.

“Heh, well, I can see as long as you’re around, I won’t have much luck,” Ouja said. “Don’t worry, when she’s alone… or at least whenever she’s not with you… I’ll strike. So, ta ta for now. Toodles!”

He conjured a glass of chocolate milk, drunk the glass itself and threw the milk inside it behind him causing an explosion to mask his escape.

“Great, things are getting even more complicated.” Tom groused to himself. He then noticed that Maud had escaped during the commotion. He could hear the whine of a motorcycle engine and saw a trail of dust kicked up into the air.

“Damn it, I’ve got to get after her!” Tom started to run, but realized that he wouldn’t be able to catch up to a motorcycle on foot.

“...I really didn’t want to use this here, not yet. But I don’t have a choice!” Tom pulled out a strange watch and pressed the button, then tossed it on the floor. The watch immediately began unfolding itself until it had fully transformed into a motorcycle of its own!

“And while I’m at it- HENSHIN!” Tom quickly equipped his Driver to transform, knowing that he’d need to be prepared to face what’s ahead. He uneasily sat on the motorcycle’s seat and began revving the engine.

“Ichigo, guide my bike…” Tom prayed as he pulled the throttle and began moving. However, he started to lose control quickly and fell over before he went very far.

“Ugh… good thing I’m armored up. Let’s try this again, I don’t have a lot of time to learn this.”

—----

When Rainbow Dash heard about the situation with Maud and the RideWatch, she took to the sky to see if she could spot any sign of her or Ouja from above.

“Huh…where is she?” She scanned the area, but as she did, she heard a loud revving noise from below.
“What is THAT?!” Rainbow yelped, not used to the noise.

“Oi, bluebird!” She heard from below. “Let’s race!” She looked down to see Maud dressed like something out of one of Fluttershy’s manegas, riding what looked to her like some sort of mutant bicycle. Massive flags flapped behind her bike, with equally massive silver pipes erupting from behind, a loud horn honking obnoxiously.

“Hey! You’re supposed to be at the castle!” Rainbow yelled.

“Come on, let’s race! You’re supposed to be fast! Or are you a little scaredy pony!?” Maud taunted.

“Oh you did NOT just go there! It’s on!” Rainbow predictably fell for the taunt. Maud readjusted herself on her vehicle as Rainbow Dash landed nearby, and crouched into a starting position.

“On your marks!” Rainbow declared.

“Get set…” Maud continued.

“GO!” The two yelled as they both took off in their own ways.

Meanwhile, on a nearby rooftop, Ouja was observing the proceedings through a pair of opera glasses.

“Oh ho, seems that the transformation’s been speeding up ever since she got here!” Ouja noted. “Shouldn’t be long now…and the rainbow dolt will be a nice warm up for her.”

Back a ways, Tom was starting to get used to the speed of the bike after more than a few falls. He was finally able to move at a fairly decent speed.

“Just gotta focus…” Tom reminded himself as he kept his eyes on anything ahead of him.

Then a royal purple bike pulled in front of him, Ouja revving the throttles, the bike resembling a massive cobra.

“Oh no, you’re not interfering in this,” he said, wagging a finger. “EAT MY DUST, YOU LITTLE BRAT!”

The exhaust of his bike blew a massive cloud of exhaust into Tom’s face. While Tom wasn’t choking on it thanks to his armor, it was still a rather sizeable middle finger to him.

“Fine! I’ll show you who the real Rider is!” Tom scoffed as he began driving again, being mindful of everything around him as he sped up more. Ouja was just ahead of him, chopping down trees with his blade.

Tom clambered over the wooden trunks pulling out his gun as Ouja took off down another path. Laser blasts flew through the forest, slicing through the air and going wild. Ouja, the far better biker and driving far faster, was able to outrace the shots and waved mockingly at Tom as they joined up on a single dirt path again.

Ouja slugged Tom across the jaw as they drove off a hill, landing down at the foot of it below. Ouja sent his bike into a spin, sending up dust and dirt to blind Tom who was coughing even through his helmet.

Then, from the dust, Ouja popping a wheelie on his front wheel knocking Tom off his rider machine.

“I am the king of the road, baby!” Ouja taunted as he laughed at the novice biker’s plight. But strangely, after the dust had cleared, Tom and his machine seemed to be missing.

“Eh? Did he finally grow a brain?” The evil serpentine Rider scoffed. “Will wonders never cease…”

His thought was cut off by the impact of a bike’s front wheel in his face!

“Who’s king of the road again?” It was Tom, having managed to take advantage of Ouja’s showboating. Twirling his bike around, he sped off into the distance towards the sound of Rainbow’s angry shouting.

“You little…” Ouja got back on his bike and began aggressively driving into Tom’s machine, attempting to knock him off the road! Tom delivered his own blows, and eventually decided he’d try to take out Ouja’s front tires. Focusing as much as he could at the time, Tom fired a few shots at the enemy Rider’s front tire, but they seemed to miss.

“What’s the problem? Can’t walk and chew gum at the same time?” Ouja taunted. “Vexing, isn’t it?”

Before Tom could respond, there was the roar of another engine, and Maud on her twisted mockery of a machine jumped in front of their path, over their heads.

“Fourze!” her watch growled, completing the mutation. She howled in pain as dark power covered her body, turning her into a twisted effigy of an astronaut.

“Ah ha…now we’re getting to the fun part!” Ouja laughed. “I think I’ll let you two kids have some fun- uncle Ouja’s got a call to make. Toodles!”

He mockingly waved as he drove off.

Then, he turned back towards them.

“Actually, you know what, you’ve been quite the irritating thorn in my side,” Ouja said as laser blasts flew from the bike’s ‘eyes’. “You’ve been causing a little too much trouble lately, and well, I don’t see your boyfriend or your girlfriend around anywhere…”

Tom ducked as laser blasts flew under his head and drove in a circle around the dark rider and the twisted rider, pulling out his gun again and slamming the W Ridewatch into it.

“MILE-A-MINUTE SHOOTING! W!”

A whirlwind wrapped around the clearing, sweeping up both the Another Rider and Ouja into it and throwing them into the trees.

“Heh, very well then, there’s still two of us… and only one of you…” Ouja was probably grinning under his helmet as he advanced, drawing his blade. “So, kid, whatchu going to do when they come for you? Bad boys, bad boys, whatchu going to do when they come for you…?”

“Tom!” Starlight said, as she and Pinkie arrived via teleport. “You’re not alone!”

“So, are you going to hide behind them?” Ouja laughed, dragging his blade in the dirt.

“Actually…” Tom said, as he glowed with cyan magic. “I had another plan in mind.”

With a poof, a clone of him appeared!

“Looking good handsome!” Tom’s clone said.

“I try!” Tom said, tossing him the W watch while slotting the Ex-aid watch into his belt. They both snapped their fingers and pointed at Ouja and Another Fourze. “Now, let’s clear this with super co-op play!”

“We’re the 2 in 1 Kamen Riders! Now let’s count up your sins!” The Tom-clone quoted as the two transformed into ExAidArmor and WArmor respectively.

“Rider Time! Kamen Rider Zi-O! Armor Time! Level Up! Ex-Aid!”/“Rider Time! Kamen Rider Zi-O! Armor Time! W! Cyclone, Joker!”

Another Fourze growled, as she pushed a switch on her belt.

“RoCKeT On!” A distorted voice called out as Another Fourze’s arm turned into a warped rocket and she began hurtling towards the twin Toms.

“Batter up!” Ex-AidArmor Tom gripped the giant hammers of his armor and swung, smacking into the monster’s midsection as it went to the ground.

“That’s a grand slam if I ever saw one!” WArmor Tom cheered on his counterpart.

“But you’re still the final trump card here! Let’s send ‘em flying!” WArmor Tom nodded as he and ExAidArmor Tom both activated finishers.

“FINISH TIME! W!” The WArmor Tom rose into the air, a duo of drones forming from the Gaia Memory replicas on his shoulders.

“MAXIMUM TIME BREAK!” The drones attached to the feet of the armor, forming a large W out of their collective feet as they struck both Ouja and Another Fourze, sending them both into the air.

“FINISH TIME! EX-AID!” ExAidArmor’s finisher was next, though not as how Tom expected it, with Pinkie leaping down and pulling a massive health bar out of nowhere and beating both Ouja and Another Fourze over the head with it.

“Uh… sure… that works I guess…”

“That’s for messing with my sister, you creeps!”

“Agh… beaten up by the pink one… Idunn’s never gonna let me live this down…” Ouja wheezed. “She’s like something out of a cartoon…”

“Did that feel like a cartoon to you? Hey, get back here!” Pinkie yelled. “I’m not done with you yet!”

“I’ve got a million better things to do than get bludgeoned by a bonehead like you. See ya.” Ouja grunted as he leapt into the reflection of a nearby puddle.

“He got away…” Pinkie grumbled.

“Urrggh…” Another Fourze let out a groan as the monster’s form disappeared, leaving Maud behind unconscious. Tom walked over to her and took the watch off, exposing it to the purifying light of his own watch.

“FourzeWatch GET!” He said, holding it over his head like some sort of legendary hero.

“Maud!” Pinkie cried out. She ran over to her sister and cradled her.

“Oh no, Maud! Taken from us before her time…” Pinkie sobbed.

“I’m not dead, Pinkie.” Maud deadpanned. Hearing this, Pinkie’s hair poofed out.

“Maud! You’re okay!” She continued squeezing harder.

“Not…if you squeeze that hard…” Maud wheezed.

Pinkie let go, wiping her forehead with relief. “That was a close one.”

Then someone flipped out of the forest, grabbing the FourzeWatch out of Tom’s hand. As the figure turned, they were revealed to be clad in silver armor, police lights flashing with a dog’s face on their chest. They pocketed the watch, and whistled as a train horn blared. A train thundered by and then they were gone.

“What!? G-Den-O?” Tom was surprised. “Agh, they took the RideWatch!”

“Honestly, I’d rather that thing go far away,” Maud noted. “It’s caused me enough headaches.”

Tom took note of the mare’s demeanor. “So, this is how your sister normally is?”

Pinkie nodded. “Yep! Good old Maud!”

Maud looked at Tom, her face unchanging.

“Thank you for getting rid of that monster. I could kiss you right now…but I won’t.” She said, completely monotone.

“Uh…sure, don’t mention it.” Tom undid his transformation, the clone disappearing as he did.

Starlight walked over and picked up the WWatch from where the clone was.

“I think this is yours,” Starlight said as she handed it back to Tom.

“Thanks,” Tom replied. “And I mean it. You really helped today.”

Starlight smiled at that. “I’ve got a lot more to do if I’m gonna make this right.”

“And now that Maud’s not a monster and Starlight’s not a sad mare, it’s time for a Pinkie party of preposterous proportions!” Pinkie cheered as she set off a trio of party poppers.

The group just shrugged and headed back. But just after, Rainbow Dash came back.

“Hey, where’s that chick with the weird bike? Don’t tell me she chickened out!” Dash groaned. “Well, whatever. She should have known better than to challenge the fastest flier around!”

—----

“So you failed to retrieve the FourzeWatch, and now it’s completely MIA…” Ouja’s boss said without raising his voice. Ouja just gulped.

“Y-yes sir… I can at least confirm the Elements and their pet Rider don’t have it.” Ouja trembled.

“...I suppose that’s for the best.” The boss replied, surprising Ouja. “Good news, you’re off the hook.”

“Th-thank you, sir!” Ouja bowed.

“Now, if you’ll excuse me, my dear wife and daughter are waiting for me at home.” The man stood up and walked towards the door. “Remember to lock up on your way out, we don’t want any Makamou getting into the garbage around here.”

As the man walked further down the hall, he snickered a bit.

Letting the FourzeWatch slip out of our grasp is a small setback, but it seems there’s a silver lining to all this… I just have to make sure those two novice Riders are distracted while I have Gaoh do her thing…” He thought to himself, as he brandished a red and white RideWatch. “Sleep well, Starlight Glimmer, for soon enough you’ll be cast down to hell…”

—--------

“I’m back.” G-Den-O said as she entered the passenger car of her time train.

“And you got it?” Another pony, a rather effeminate yellow stallion with puffy pink hair, asked.

“Yep.” G-Den-O waved the FourzeWatch. “Mission accomplished.”

“That’s good then…” The stallion sighed in relief.

“But no sign of Gaoh…what is she up to?” G-Den-O pondered.

“Eh, that can wait. I think we’ve earned a break! I even made some of that cheesecake you like so much!”

“Hehe, well this job does work up an appetite, you know…”

—-------

Author's Note:

Special thanks to the Bricklayer for helping me get this chapter done!