• Published 26th Sep 2018
  • 5,215 Views, 182 Comments

RIDER TIME - WozWuzHere



The last survivor of a world of Kamen Riders lands in Equestria, and vows to protect it from evil.

  • ...
14
 182
 5,215

Chapter 5: The Rainbow Over A

Chapter 5
"The Rainbow Over A"

-------
The entirety of Ponyville's population was gathered in the town hall. Many of its citizens were becoming paranoid about the recent rash of monsters, especially how they seemed to manifest by hijacking others' bodies. It seemed like anyone could be hiding a monster.

"Everyone, may I have your attention?" Mayor Mare, the very blatant mayor of Ponyville, tried to call the chattering audience to attention. "Everyone? Hello?"

But her cries fell on deaf ears. It was then that Pinkie Pie went up on stage and took out a very large party popper, and popped it. The resounding loud noise caused all chatter to cease.

"Thank you, Miss Pie." Mayor Mare said. "Now then, this meeting today is to discuss the strange monsters that have been reportedly possessing other ponies around town."

She turned to the curtains behind her.

"Let me welcome both Princess Twilight Sparkle and Thomas Decade to the stage."

She announced, as the alicorn and human marched to the podium. The crowd began chattering again, but Pinkie prepped another party popper, the sight of which quelled the chatter.

"Thanks, Pinkie." Twilight said to Pinkie, the pink pony giving a salute.

"Now, everypony, this meeting is to discuss the recent incidents involving the 'Another Riders', the monsters that have been causing incidents lately." Twilight started. The crowd began murmuring. She then used her magic to create a large projection.

"So far, there have been six confirmed monsters." She continued, projecting images of each of the Another Riders so far, with their names listed beneath.

"These five were, in order of appearance: Another Build, Another OOO, Another Kiva, Another Kabuto, Another Gaim, and Another Baron." Twilight explained. "Now, I would like to invite Tom Decade, who bravely stepped in to stop these monsters, to explain more."

Tom walked up to the podium, with Twilight stepping away. He was incredibly nervous.

"U-um...hello, everyone...er..." Tom stammered, but took a deep breath, then continued. "As Twilight said, these five monsters we have dubbed 'Another Riders'. They are twisted monsters that seem to be twisted mockeries of the legendary Kamen Riders from my world."

His fists tightened as he explained. He then produced some of the RideWatches he collected so far.

"These are RideWatches, which the girls and myself retrieved from the Another Riders. From what we've learned, these are being abused somehow to turn unsuspecting innocents into the Another Riders."

The crowd began to murmur amongst themselves again.

"So far, five RideWatches are in my possession. With them, I can use the powers of the Legendary Riders to combat the Another Riders and protect all of you. I can promise you this; no matter what, I will do everything in my power to protect you all!" He proclaimed loudly. The crowd murmured more, and then started clapping.

"...and WHY, exactly, should we trust what some alien monkey says?" A snooty voice rang out over the crowd. Tom recognized the voice. It was Spoiled Rich, the mare who had assaulted him the other day.

"Ponies of Ponyville, we cannot be certain that he has our best interests at heart!" She started.
"For starters, as was just stated, he can use the very same RideWatches and powers of the monsters! How do we know he's not behind this- using these monsters to make himself stronger!?"

The crowd started to talk.

"Now just a minute!" Twilight interrupted. "Tom here has fought bravely and put himself through incredible harm to save the victims of these monsters! How could you accuse him of such a horrible thing!?"

Spoiled rolled her eyes.

"That's what I expected, as you may very well be in cahoots with him!" She accused, but at that, the ponies all went silent.

"Your 'friends' were all made into these monsters. That seems too convenient to just dismiss as coincidence." She continued, but didn't notice the glares she was getting from several audience members. "Ponies, we must take a stand! I vote we exile both Twilight Sparkle and the monkey from Ponyville permanently!"

The silence was palpable. Then, someone spoke up.

"Mrs. Rich, with all due respect...shut the buck up." The speaker stood, it was Lyra Heartstrings. She looked utterly unamused.

"H-how dare you-" The arrogant mare began again, but Lyra shot her a death glare that stopped her in her tracks.

"I think it's very well known by now that you tried to assault Tom a few days ago. Not to mention, PRINCESS Twilight Sparkle is Equestrian royalty, and is Princess Celestia's personal student. Do you really, honestly think that she would take this lying down?" Lyra continued, tranquil fury evident in her voice.

"Y-you disgusting deviant!" Spoiled retorted. "I only-"

"She's right!" Bon Bon stood up to join Lyra. "I've seen how badly Tom was injured in his fights! He risked his LIFE for us!"

Mr. and Mrs. Cake also stood. "He rescued our dear Pinkie from a horrible monster, as well as prevented an uncountable number of victims!"

Big Macintosh also stood. "He rescued both mah sisters from a fate worse than death!"

Officer Rights then stood. "He's helped us solve all the monster-sorry, Another Rider- cases so far. He has the Ponyville guard's support.

More and more ponies stood in support of the Rider.

"Why are you protecting him? He's just as bad as that damned zebra who lives in the Everfree!" She tried to argue.

"And we were wrong about her too." A posh voice spoke. Its source was a mare with an ash gray coat and black mane, in a sophisticated looking suit. "We all made that error once."

"We're not gonna do it again." Another mare, a white-coated unicorn with a cobalt blue mane with large neon pink sunglasses, continued. "Zecora rocks! And so does Tom!"

"We all believe in Tom!" A gray pegasus with a yellow mane and a lazy eye joined them.

"Grrr...shut up...shut up!" Spoiled growled.

"Spoiled...you need to stop this." A stallion's voice this time. He stood up, he was an olive-coated stallion in a suit and tie, the tie having a dollar sign on it. "My apologies to everyone here, for my wife."

"Filthy...I..." Spoiled was about to say something, but Filthy just shot her a look.

"We will talk about this when we get home, 'dear'." He bluntly stated.

Spoiled's face contorted with visible rage. "FINE! YOU INGRATES!" She stomped off.

"YOU WILL ALL REGRET THIS!" She yelled as a parting remark.

The crowd just remained silent. Twilight then cleared her throat.

"Well...now that the distraction has passed, let's get back to the meeting."

--------------

While most of Ponyville's residents attended the meeting, a few notable names were missing from that list. Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were all missing from the meeting.

After their recent excursion into the alien Helheim Forest, Applejack had been borderline comatose. Her entire worldview was in question, and she became withdrawn to an unhealthy
degree.

Rainbow Dash decided to stay by her side, and be there for her, as befitting of the Element of Loyalty. But her own feelings and desires played more into this decision than she was willing to admit. She had asked Fluttershy to assist in taking care of their friend.

The kindly pegasus had finished making some soup for Applejack, and had left it on a table by her bed, before shutting the door. Rainbow Dash, who had been waiting in the hallway, approached her.

"So? How is she?" Dash asked. Fluttershy just shook her head, tears starting to form in her eyes. Rainbow just balled her fists.

"That stupid forest...I wish it never showed up." She growled in frustration. Fluttershy just put her hand on her friend's shoulder.

"We have to be strong for her, Rainbow..." Fluttershy said comfortingly. But her tears began to flow faster. "We...have to...but I'm having a tough time doing that."

"Fluttershy..." Dash murmured.

"T-that forest...it was so h-h-horrible! It was a twisted mockery of everything I love about nature! And we almost lost our friends to it!" She cried. "If...if Tom wasn't there, we would all be dead!"

"Yeah...that guy sure is something, alright." Dash replied. "I mean, ever since he got here, all he's basically done is fight monsters."

"He's been throwing himself in harm's way for our sakes..." The shy pegasus noted. "And he saved my life..." A blush grew on her face. Dash just grinned.

"Does somepony have a crush?" Rainbow joked. Fluttershy's face just turned beet red and she squeaked in embarrassment.

"W-well...I mean...um..." She stammered, but all she could really muster was another squeak.

"Nah, I'm just having fun." Rainbow reassured her friend. "But I don't blame you for liking him, dude's got the whole 'knight in shining armor' bit going on for him."

"Mmhmm..." Fluttershy just mumbled, still consumed by embarrassment.

"I think Twilight's interested in him as well though." When Rainbow said that, Fluttershy's demeanor changed from embarrassment to a slight panic. She grasped Rainbow by the shoulders.

"SHE IS!?" She yelped, shaking Rainbow Dash. "I WOULDN'T STAND A SNOWBALL'S CHANCE IN TARTARUS AGAINST HER!"

"Calm down, Fluttershy!" Rainbow Dash commanded, her voice shaking alongside her. Fluttershy ceased shaking as Rainbow shook her head a bit.

"You and I both know that Twilight would most likely be willing to share him, we've all been friends for a long time." She explained. "Heck, I figured at least some of us would end up in a herd with her and a stallion at some point."

"I..." Fluttershy was about to reply but stopped and thought. "No, you're right. Twilight wouldn't just hog a stallion to herself like that. But what about Tom himself?" She asked.

"What do you mean? You think he wouldn't go for us?" Rainbow asked, but Fluttershy shook her head.

"No, I mean what if his species' mating customs aren't like ours?" She wondered. Rainbow Dash shrugged.

"Eh, I doubt it'd be a problem, and even if it is, he's here now-he's gonna have to get used to it." Dash stated nonchalantly. "But talk to Twilight about this."

"Right, I will. Thank you, Rainbow Dash." Fluttershy expressed her gratitude. "And when Applejack is better you can talk to her about your feelings too." She said, walking down the hall.

"Yeah, I can talk to...wait, what!?" She barked, but then just dropped it as she followed Fluttershy. Before leaving fully though, she saw something out of the corner of her eye, a shadow.

"Huh?" She looked again, but there was nothing. Rainbow just sighed.

"All this business with monsters is starting to get to me… gotta chill out."

----------

At Twilight's castle, Spike was busy cleaning some of Twilight's bookshelves. He wanted a bit of time to himself to think.

"...all these monsters doing things to my friends." Spike said to himself, shaking his head. "I'm glad Tom's been able to fight them, but... I wish I could do something more than that."

He climbed down the ladder he was using, only to notice that a large amount of books were missing....

"What the...!?" Spike ran over to check the shelf, and noticed that several shelves were now missing books from them.

"Ok, Spike...deep breath. Twilight has these books catalogued, so right now I need to figure out what's missing."

The young dragon grabbed the library's index (which, in itself, was big enough to be a dictionary) and began running down the list.

"Let's see...whoever stole them must have stolen whole shelves." He noted. "So...wait a minute, these are all the Daring Do books!" He looked further. "And then there's 'History of the Wonderbolts', 'Weather Management for Dummies', 'Pegasi Illustrated Swimwear Edition'..." He listed.

"...weird, all those books sound like things Rainbow Dash would read." Spike thought. "Wait, books are MISSING!?" He started to panic. "Twilight's gonna lay hard boiled eggs when she finds out!"

-----------

"Hmm..." Tom was lost in thought, as he and Twilight were walking back to Twilight's castle.

"What's wrong, Tom?" Twilight asked with concern.

"It's what that Spoiled lady was saying...I'm trying my best, but am I doing something wrong?" He elaborated.

Twilight just shook her head. "Don't mind her. She's got a reputation as a rabble-rouser." She smiled and put her hand on Tom's shoulder. "And, while she may not support you, you got to see just how many ponies do. Plus, you've got me, and Spike, and the girls all backing you too!"

Tom smiled. "Thanks, Twilight...I needed that. I'm grateful that you're my friend."

Twilight blushed a bit, as they continued towards the castle. Then, Spike came running up to them.

"TWIIIILIGHT!!!" Spike yelled, panicking. He ran into the arms of his adoptive sister.

"Spike, what's wrong?" Twilight asked.

"I-I'm sorry! Somepony stole a bunch of books from the library! I didn't even see them do it! Please don't be mad!" He begged, the beginnings of tears forming in his eyes.

Twilight flinched a bit, but patted Spike on the head. "Calm down, Spike. Let's go take a look at the library and see what's happened. Maybe they just got misplaced."

Of course, when they all GOT to the library, Twilight's compulsions went into overdrive, and she started shouting some uncharacteristic language...

"-and then I'll have them bound by rope, and dragged to the center of town by their ears, and then I'll dump grape jelly and FIRE ANTS on them!" She angrily threatened.

"Twilight! TWILIGHT!" Tom shook her. "Deep breaths." He commanded.

Twilight still seethed, but composed herself. "Better...thanks, Tom."

"Thank Spike. He's the one who told me what to do." He said, gesturing towards Spike, who was ducking behind a pile of books, wearing an army helmet and an armored vest. "You can come out now, Spike."

The dragon removed his gear and came out. "Yeah, sorry about that....Twilight hasn't freaked out like this in a long time."

Tom looked concerned. "She's done this before?" Twilight just looked at the two, shaking her head at Spike rapidly to stop him.

"Oh yeah, she used to act like this a lot. Like this time where she-mmrph!" Spike was cut off by a zipper magically appearing over his mouth and closing.

"Yes, well I'm sure we all make mistakes!" Twilight laughed nervously. Spike glared and unzippered his mouth.

"Oh, come on, Twi, don't you think he deserves to know?" He whispered.

"...there's a bag of emeralds with your name on it if you keep quiet." She murmured back.

"Deal." Spike grinned.

Tom just looked confused, but decided to drop it. "ANYWAY, about the missing books."

"Right." Twilight started looking over all the shelves, rapidly noting everything that was out of place. She then noticed a small piece of tattered black cloth behind one of the bookcases.

"What's this?" She looked it over. "Feels...weird." She tried to scan it with a magic spell, but it didn't work, and Twilight felt a bit of irritation in her horn.

"Hey, Tom...any of the Kamen Riders you know have anything to do with cloth?" Twilight asked.

"Um...that's a long list. Why do you ask?" He queried, as Twilight showed him the black cloth.

"Huh...you think an Another Rider might have left it?" Tom asked.

"I can't find anything out from it with magic, and holding it makes my horn sting..."

"So it must be a clue!" Pinkie suddenly popped in, wearing a Sherlock Holmes-styled outfit and brandishing a magnifying glass.

Tom raised his finger up, about to ask, but Twilight gently pushed his arm back down, shaking her head in resignation.

Pinkie just walked around the room, investigating various things with the magnifying glass. As she walked around, she sounded out various "hmms" and "huhs". Eventually, she cried out
"Eureka!"

"What? Did you figure something out?" Tom asked.

"It's elementary, dear boy, you see...I have no idea what's going on!" Pinkie joked, as Twilight felt her palm meet her forehead.

"Pinkie, please! There's likely another monster on the loose, we need to find it before it hurts somepony!" Twilight pleaded.

"Right...I didn't think of that. Sorry Twi, sorry Tommy." Pinkie apologized, calming down.

"Well, if you want to help us, maybe you've seen this around?" Tom held out the piece of cloth. Pinkie took it and started looking it over from various angles. Then, for some reason, she sniffed it.

"...wait, I think I actually found something!" She cheered. "Twilight! Smell this!"

"WHAT!?" Twilight was bewildered by the suggestion, but remembered who she was talking to and sighed. "The things I do for friendship..." She lamented as she waved her hand over the cloth to pull the smell towards her.

"Smells like...spice? I think cinnamon or nutmeg." The alicorn noted.

"So, we've got some missing manuscripts, a conspicuous cloth and a suspicious spicy smell..." Pinkie adequately alliterated.

But, as they pondered, Pinkie started to jiggle and jolt. "Pinkie Sense...someone's raided my party cave!" She grabbed Tom and Twilight and pulled them out the door at lightning speed, Spike just sighing and following.

------------

Sugarcube Corner was surrounded by the investigating police.

"Looks like they beat us to it." Tom commented. "Hey! Is Officer Rights here!?" He called out. The police-ponies took notice of Tom as he waved.

"...yer the Rider?" One of them, a gruff-and-grizzled older stallion approached.

"Yes sir." Tom nodded.

"...so yer the fella who gave t'other monsters a proper beatin'." He replied. He then glanced Tom over a few times.

"Not exactly a paragon of fitness, are ya lad?" He chuckled a bit. Tom wasn't amused.

"You wouldn't be saying the same thing if I were suited up, jerk." Tom thought to himself, annoyed.

"Ah, I'm just joshin' ya, lad! Ya did good against those other creeps, let me tell ya. Especially since they don't play nice with magic." The officer replied, giving Tom a "pat" on the back. Tom almost fell over.

"Oof...well, anyway, I was looking for Officer Rights." Tom explained.

"Aye, we all heard ya." The cop nodded. "Oi! Mimi! Rider kid's here to see ya!"

"...Mimi?" The group all asked, confused. Officer Rights jogged over, glaring daggers at her coworker.

"Officer O' Copper!" She shouted authoritatively. "You are NOT to address me as 'Mimi' during working hours!"

"Ah, what's the harm in it?" O'Copper replied. "Yer too wound up for yer own good, lassie."

The group just stared stunned at the two bickering cops. Pinkie mumbled 'bow chicka wow wow' under her breath.

Officer Rights cleared her throat. "Sorry about that.I see you've met my partner here." She said, leering at the other cop.

"That we have..." Tom confirmed, rubbing his shoulder. "But enough about that, what's happened here?"

"That's the weird part. Aside from a file cabinet in the basement, nothing was touched." The female police officer pondered. Pinkie then dashed inside.

"Pinkie, wait!" Twilight cried out after her friend. "I am so, SO sorry about this!"

"I've lived in Ponyville long enough to know all about Pinkie Pie, Princess." Officer Rights snarked.

A few moments later, Pinkie returned with a panicked look on her face!

"THEY'RE GONE! THE MOST IMPORTANT FILES!" Pinkie yelped.

"The...most important?" Twilight asked.

"Well, yeah! The files on you guys!" Pinkie explained. "Of course you're the most important, you're my bestest best friends ever!"

Twilight looked happy, but Tom was confused.

"Uh...Pinkie has personality files on everypony in town for party purposes." Twilight explained to Tom, but this knowledge made Tom very unnerved.

"Is Pinkie some sort of stalker or something?" He thought to himself, but shook his head.

"ANYWAY, the point right now is that the culprit has personality files of you and your friends."

Tom changed the topic quickly.

"But if this is an Another Rider, why would it steal something like files? All the previous monsters seemed to be non-sapient." Twilight wondered. "Unless...they're getting smarter." She realized.

"Smarter? How so?" Tom asked.

"The one Rainbow Dash turned into, Another Build...it basically ran around destroying stuff, except for that bit where it hugged Applejack for some reason." Twilight contemplated. "Then Another OOO was generating those medal things, and Another Kiva laid a trap in the form of a party."

"...come to think of it, they have been getting more elaborate." Tom realized. "But why would it want files on you and your friends?"

"...you think it might be after us? I mean, we did destroy its friends." Pinkie pontificated.

"Missing books...missing files on us...what's the connection?" Twilight thought to herself. "The books that went missing consisted mainly of Daring Do and...Wonderbolts related books." She realized at that point, a crucial part of the mystery.

"Rainbow Dash has something to do with this." Twilight realized. Tom and Pinkie both looked confused.

"Are you saying Dashie's the monster AGAIN?" Pinkie asked. Twilight shook her head.

"No, I think after the last time she'd have learned not to trust strange watches." She explained.

"But the books that were stolen are all things related to Rainbow Dash's interests, and the files
contain information on us, Rainbow Dash included. It's not hard to guess that whoever the monster is might be after her."

"So...who is the Another Rider this time?" Tom asked. "Out of the seven of you, only you, Spike and Applejack haven't been transformed yet."

"And I don't think it's Spike. He didn't show any abnormalities, and I could still use magic on him." Twilight added.

"...I think we need to go have a talk with Applejack, you two." Twilight suggested. "Even if she's not the monster, at least we can rule it out after."

----------

Apple Bloom marched towards the farmhouse, covered in dirt and panting. She was holding a mud-covered rake.

"Ugh...ah hate havin' to clean all the muck outta the pig pen." She groaned. She was taking on extra chores on Applejack's behalf, partly to help and partly as a punishment for going into the Everfree unsupervised.

"Puttin' the rake away..." She muttered as she walked over to the toolshed.

"...mmrh! Mmmmph!" A muffled sound came from inside the shed. Apple Bloom froze up. But she gathered herself, and, after gulping in fear, opened the door. Inside was Granny Smith, tied up to a chair and muffled by tape.

"Granny! What happened to ya!?" The young Apple ran over. The elder Apple's eyes looked at her, but then she started squirming more.

"MMMMMRPH!" Granny Smith yelped, muffled by the tape.

"Don't worry, Granny- ah'll get you loose!" Apple Bloom said, but then noticed another Granny Smith behind her, holding a mallet.

"What in tarnation...!?" She cried out as the imposter took a swing at her. Apple bloom yelped and rolled out of the way.

"MMMPH!" Granny Smith struggled to break free to save her granddaughter, but to no avail.

"I should have taken care of you too, you little brat." The imposter spat, dropping the accent from her speech. She raised the hammer again, but as she did, a shot struck her in the back!

"Gah!" The fake dropped the hammer, and clutched her back in pain. She turned to see the assailant, it was Zi-O, with his Edge of Time's gun form pointed right at her.

"Step away from the Apples, you imposter." He commanded. The imposter growled, but dropped her disguise.

"Wait...you're...!" Apple Bloom squeaked in horror. She was gazing at the Changeling Queen herself!

"Ugh...it doesn't matter. Soon this whole damned farm is going up in smoke!" She cackled, as she waved her arm. As she did, another zipper portal appeared. Zi-O was shocked.

"What!? How did you..." He started, but the Queen ignored him.

"As much as I'd like to stick around, I've got a schedule to keep, so ta-ta!" She taunted as the portal closed.

"Wait!" Zi-O dived at the portal, but it closed before he could reach it, resulting in him falling on his face.

"Huh. Landed forward instead of backward this time. Change of pace." Zi-O grumbled as he got to his feet. He went over to the captured senior and cut the ropes with his sword.

"This'll sting for a second." He said, gripping the tape with his fingers before yanking it off.

"YEEEEEOUCH!" Granny Smith yelled. "That's gonna leave a mark..."
Just then, Twilight, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rarity and Rainbow Dash all showed up behind them.

"We got here as fast as possible! What's going on?" Twilight asked.

"That rassin-frazzin' Changeling Queen, THAT's what's goin' on!" Granny Smith growled. "She got me while I was sleepin' and hogtied me!"

"Changeling Queen...?" Zi-O asked, but as he did, Rainbow Dash suddenly zipped towards the farmhouse.

"Hang on, Applejack-I'm coming to save you!"

----------

Applejack was hunched over on the floor of her bedroom, in pain. She was struggling, as if she was trying to keep something inside her from escaping.

"Y-ya won't get out again! Ah won't let you treat me like a plow!" The farmer growled.

"But ah AM you. You have the power to keep yer entire family safe. So why not use it? Show anyone who even looks at your sister or any of your kin funny that they're YOUR family." A voice inside Applejack spoke.

"N-no! Yer just some crazy watch!" She strained. "Ah...ah can't...AAAAAAARGH!" She screamed as she lost control, and the power overwhelmed her. Black wisps covered her body as her form began to shift. The result was a bizarre humanoid wrapped in frayed black bandages, and spikes on its left arm, left shoulder and left leg. The right side of its body was mostly black cloth, as if it was only half-finished.

"Ah...AH WILL PROTECT THEM!" The monster growled. It jumped out the window and ran at the group near the shed.

"AAAARGH!" The monster screamed, as everyone ducked out of the way, with Zi-O holding it back.

"You're...Another W!" Zi-O realized. "But, only the Joker half..." The monster elbowed him in the stomach, causing him to stagger.

"MAH FAMILY! NOT YERS!" The monster shouted, in a distorted version of Applejack's voice.

"It...it really IS Applejack." Fluttershy winced. Just then, Another W dashed up to Fluttershy and grabbed her by the shirt.

"No..." It growled as it tossed her to the ground. It then turned to Twilight. Twilight attempted to put up a shield, but the monster tore through it.

"Not you either...need mah other half..." The monster growled. It looked around, and centered its gaze on Rainbow Dash.

"Yer the one..." Another W lunged towards Rainbow Dash, the athletic pony meeting it head on!

"I don't know what your deal is, but you better let Applejack go!" Rainbow Dash commanded as she grappled with the beast.

"Better...come join us in HERE!" The monster's right half suddenly started separating out into bandages which wrapped themselves around Rainbow Dash!

"H-hey! Lemme go!" She struggled, as the monster pulled her closer. As she got closer, the right portion of the monster's body started to reshape itself into a large mouth filled with jagged teeth!

"No way!" Dash continued to struggle. But just then, Zi-O shoulder-checked the Another Rider, knocking Rainbow Dash away!

"Applejack! I know you can hear me in there! Don't do this!" Zi-O pleaded.

"You....YOU...if it wasn't for you, ah wouldn't have let them down!" The monster growled back.

"Ah'll keep my family safe...from you! AH'LL BREAK YOU INTO BITS AND EAT THE PIECES!" Another W snapped as it started lashing out at the young Rider. Zi-O returned some of the punches, but the Another Rider tripped him using the spiked cuff on its left leg!

"GAH!" Zi-O grunted in pain. Just then, Rainbow Dash dived in and kicked the monster herself!

"Take this!" She shouted as she began assaulting the monster from the air, but for some reason, the monster seemed to stop fighting back. Zi-O suddenly realized what was about to happen.

"Rainbow Dash, don't! Get out of there!" He yelled. But his plea fell on deaf ears as the pegasus kept attacking, until suddenly, when she was doing another diving kick, the monster turned and reopened the bizarre mouth on its right, Dash ending up in there! The bandages closed around her as she reached out...and after that, the right half of the monster's body changed, the bandages turning a strange turquoise color, and becoming looser. The spiked armor on the beast's left half was mirrored by golden armor on the right.

"...oh crap, so that's what the Another Rider was trying to do!" Zi-O backed up.

"W-what just happened!?" Twilight panicked.

"...the monster was after Rainbow Dash the whole time, that's why it was trying to steal stuff related to her! So it could lure her out!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"And the original Kamen Rider W needed two people to fully function..." Zi-O remembered. "It wanted Rainbow Dash to be its second component!"

The completed Another W let out a roar, as wind gathered around it.

"Y'ALL AIN'T WELCOME HERE!" Another W yelled in a fusion of Applejack and Rainbow Dash's voices. "AH AM SWEET APPLE ACRES' GUARDIAN!" As she roared, the winds greatly intensified.

"Ugh! I can't see!" Twilight grunted, as she quickly erected a barrier around her and the others to protect them.

"What are we going to do!?" Fluttershy panicked. "That...thing has two of our friends!"
Zi-O, without much hesitation, rushed out from the barrier's protection, brandishing his blade. But it was of little use as the winds blew him backwards. He tumbled backwards, landing back under the barrier.

"Tom! Are you alright!?" Fluttershy cried out.

"I'm...I'm fine, but those winds are even more intense than I can handle right now." He explained.

"Surely...surely you have a watch that can handle it, right?" Rarity asked.

The Rider thought to himself. "The GaimWatch!" He realized. "I think I may be able to do something with that...but I don't have it! It's back at the castle..." He replied, smacking himself in the forehead.

"...Tom, girls, get down for a moment." Twilight said. "We're not out of options yet."

----------

Back at the castle, Spike was sweeping, trying to take his mind off the recent events. But he started to feel a familiar burning. He belched up flame that turned into a scroll.

"Huh?" He thought as he opened the scroll.

"Spike, Sweet Apple Acres in trouble- bring GaimWatch! HURRY! Love, Twilight" The letter read.

"GaimWatch...that's the orange one...alright! Hang on guys, I'm coming!" He ran to the guest room Tom was staying in. He spotted the necessary watch on the bedside table, as well as the other ones Tom had collected so far.

"Jeez, we need to figure out a better way to store these things." Spike commented. "And now, to
Sweet Apple Acres!" He triumphantly announced as he ran out the door.

-----------

Back on the farm the Another Rider had split into several copies of itself, each glowing a faint gold like the light of Luna’s moon.

All of the copies went on the offensive, karate-chopping Tom and he staggered back his armor sparking slightly. The copies then merged back with the original Another W, who turned half-red.

Flames rushed towards Zi-O who rolled out of the way before the winds began to pick up and Tom’s eyes widened under his helmet.

“Oh shit, they’re about to do a Memory Break!” he said as he watched the Another Rider rise higher and higher.

The monster fell towards him in a diving kick, and Tom flew backwards bouncing along the ground several times and ripping up the earth.

Tom was rolling along the ground, the battle now in the surrounding fields. The Another Rider advanced, Zi-O grabbing a nearby scarecrow and smashing it across the monster’s face.

“Gonna have to split you apart…” Tom uttered to himself, knocking the monster back with a side kick. “I need to change tactics. Enough pussyfooting around, I’m sorry AJ and I’m sorry Dash but a Rider’s gotta do what a Rider’s gotta do.”

Pulling out a watch, he shoved it into the empty space in his driver. Stepping backwards, Tom oh-so-casually let a kick from the monster spin the driver.

“Rider Time! Kamen Rider Zi-O! Armor Time! Best Match! Build!”

“I think…” Tom said, letting the drill on his arm spin up. “I’ve got the winning formula!”

With a war cry he hoped sounded super manly, he charged forwards with the drill ripping into the Another Rider threatening to split it apart.

Then he heard the twin sounds of zippers opening from behind and felt vines wrapping around his waist and arms and lashing him to a tree.

“I’m sorry but I can’t let you do that,” Chrysalis said, dressed in a plunging black dress that showed off a lot of her cleavage. Around her waist, an oh-so-familiar type of belt. “Not this time I’m afraid. You’ve interfered far too often.”

She waved her hand, and the vines pulled Tom back through the tree as the Another Rider advanced.

“Interfering’s what I do though,” Tom said, coughing a little as he picked himself up. “It’s part of the job description and anyways just because you’re a lady it doesn’t mean I won’t hit you. In fact, I’d honestly advise you to step back anyways.”

“Oh, afraid of me shattering like a fragile vase?” Chrysalis asked. “Well I hate to disappoint but… Henshin!”

"An eternal grudge reborn! Come on! Ringo Arms! Desire forbidden fruits~!"

Armor wrapped around her, a shield appearing on her arm and from it she drew a sword. Tom blanched. Shit! He hadn’t expected to be facing two Riders today.

Time to change tactics again.

Leaping over vines summoned by the new Idunn, he swapped ridewatches and spun his driver yet again.

“Rider Time! Kamen Rider Zi-O! Armor Time! Gabu! Kiva!”

Waving his hand, bats flew out of the trees and swarmed both villains even as day seemed to turn to night.

A gold sword, with a crossguard like bat wings seemingly adorned with a screaming face appeared in his hand. Racing through both of his opponents, Tom ran them through as the sword glowed red as blood.

Blades locked, Tom finding himself dueling with Chrysalis. “I don’t know where you got those powers, and I don’t really care. All I want are answers, why are you turning other ponies into monsters?”

“Awww, such a caring and concerned citizen,” Chrysalis said, trying to twist her sword to disarm Tom only to receive an elbow in the face for her troubles. “But I’m not interested in playing twenty questions. Not really.”

Tom raised his sword high and just brought it down slashing her horizontally across the chest. His fellow Rider staggered back, and Chrysalis swore even as vines shot towards Tom like missles.

They wrapped around his sword, pulling it out of his hand.

“Alright Sticky Fingers, good thing I’ve got two then,” Tom said, pulling out his proper sword and changing its form. “And good thing it can change into a gun! I’m going to beat you with the power of friendship, and this gun I found!”

He fired several times, only for Chrysalis to disappear into a crack she’d summoned.

“Huh, that was…”

“RINGO AU LAIT!”

And Tom found himself rolling along the ground via a Rider kick from the side.

“...way too easy,” he coughed out. Chrysalis strode towards him, picking up his sword and raising it above her head, ready to bring it down like a harpoon to the heart.

“Well, it’s been fun but… Well, I’m done playing.”

“HEY!” Spike shouted, spitting a blazing green fireball at her. “You get away from my friend! Tom, catch!”

Like a champion pitcher, he tossed the Gaim Ridewatch towards Tom, who shot up to catch it.

“Thanks!” Tom said, slotting it into his driver. “Now it’s my stage again! Henshin!”

“Rider Time! Kamen Rider Zi-O! Armor Time! The flowered path, on stage! Gaim!”

A zipper opened up from above, a giant metal orange landing with a ‘plop’ sound atop Tom’s head.

“Aaaaah, ah! Goddamnit, there’s some orange juice in my eyes!” Tom shouted, as the armor formed around him.

As the armor latched onto Tom, it formed large orange pauldrons around his chest and shoulders, the chest bearing a strange mark that looked like half of an orange with the bottom half being replaced by some sort of portrait of a samurai-esque Rider. The armor continued to shape itself, becoming dark blue and yellow in areas where the orange armor didn't attach. A pair of sharp blades shaped like orange slices spawned from his legs, attaching themselves at the sides. Finally, his helmet had changed to a samurai-esque design, complete with a large crescent-moon shaped crest, and orange lettering replacing the standard neon magenta letters.

“Now, as I was saying…” Tom said, striking what he hoped/thought was a cool pose. Spoiler, it really wasn’t. “This is my stage again!”

Taking a similar stance to the original Rider, he dared Chrysalis to challenge him. Meanwhile, Another W had just flown into a rage at the sight of him, practically frothing at the mouth.

“ORANGES AIN'T APPLES! APPLES ARE THE BEST FRUIT! NO ORANGES ALLOWED!”

“Good grief…” Tom said. “Picky much? They’re both perfectly fine fruit!”

Chrysalis chuckled. “New armor, but really it’s new packaging for the same old product. Loser. But let’s see if you can cut it.”

They dueled briefly, Tom summoning extra swords to get her off his back as extra blades appeared through cracks.

“Unlimited Daidaimaru Works!” Tom grinned, his armor folding back up into a ball as he headbutted Chrysalis with it before his armor reformed around him.

Summoning Gaim’s other sword, which was also a gun, Tom just let her have it and made Chrysalis stagger backwards from the shots.

“Heh, well, I suppose you’re getting stronger every day,” Chrysalis complimented. “But you’ve still got a long long way to go kid. You’re still just a small fish in a very big pond, and be careful.”

“Advice from you?” Tom asked. “I think I’ll ignore whatever you have to say.”

“I’m just giving you a friendly warning. It’s not uncommon for Riders to change completely in their careers. Remember the original Gaim? Would you want to leave all your friends behind in a form completely unrecognizable?” Chrysalis chuckled, opening up a crack behind her. “Who knows, maybe your friends will leave you behind in fear.”

Tom looked momentarily frightened at that, stuttering over his response a little. “I-It doesn't m-matter who's on m-my side! I'm still protecting the same people! Even if I completely change in the end!”

“Hmmph,” Chrysalis said, vanishing through the crack. “We’ll see. On your left by the way.”

And Tom found himself facing Another W again. However, someone else had been watching all of this time, tracking Chrysalis’s every movement. From behind a tree, a figure watched. Clad in silver armor, they frowned under their helmet before vanishing through a glowing blue portal.

Another W rampaged, stretching a golden arm trying to punch Tom through the barn only for the man to leap over the attack with surprising grace and speed considering the heavy armor he wore.

Briefly, in mid-air his armor folded back up and then unfolded to spin like a helicopter as he landed behind Another W.

With a slash, he sent the Another Rider staggering and for a moment he could see it separate before stitching itself back together again.

“Hmmm, guess I really can cut it,” Tom said, trying to fight a smirk.

“Tom, wait!” Twilight shouted as she and her friends ran up, each holding one of the daidaimaru swords. “No way you’re doing this alone!”

“Yeah, silly! Those are our friends in there too!” Pinkie said. “And ooooh, wonder if I can use this as a fancy-smancy new cake-cutter?”

“Yeah, we’ll think about it,” Tom said, wondering if he should take that sword away from her. “Anyways, t-thanks girls.”

Another W just roared at them, running forwards into another Memory Break.

“Not this time!” Tom said, spinning his driver.

“FINISH TIME! GAIM!”

Human and pony slashed at the fused being. Inexplicably, Fluttershy was dressed in a gorgeous kimono as cherry blossoms fell all around her.

“Omae wa mou shindeiru,” she said. “I’ll end this in a single stroke, on my family’s honor.”

Slash after slash ripped through Another W, and finally it could sustain itself no longer, falling apart with Rainbow and Applejack sitting amongst the smoking remains. Nearby, a watch.

“Gotta collect them all,” Tom said, canceling his transformation, walking over to the watch and picking it up and pocketing it. “I swear, I’ll keep Ponyville from crying, Shoutaro-san and Philip-san.”

“What… what in tarnation? The hell?” Applejack asked before the memories came flooding back. “Aw hell, did I really? I did, didn’t I? Damn bug bitch went ahead and jumped me!”

"Um, so...did you notice that when we were stuck in that monster, our thoughts were all mixed up?” Rainbow asked, rubbing her head.

"Yup." Applejack said, sounding suspiciously like her brother.

"And did you happen to notice one of them was of us holding hands in a field of flowers and...um, kissing?" Rainbow asked.

"Mmhmm." Applejack nodded.

"...well, it wasn't MINE!" Rainbow exclaimed. “Seriously, that wasn't my thought. Way too mushy, like ewwwwww.”

Tom sweatdropped. “Denial isn’t just a river in Egypt. Can they be any more obvious?”

“Oh for golly goodness’s sake,” Pinkie shouted. “Just kiss!”

Both mares flushed.

“Good grief!” Twilight and Tom chorused, both rubbing their brows.

----------

A bit later, everyone was working to clean up the mess that Another W made. Rainbow Dash and Applejack were ordered to sit and rest after their ordeal, but Applejack refused, and began to work despite the visible strain it was putting on her body.

“Applejack, stop! You’re still hurt from earlier!” Twilight complained, but the farmer just ignored her.

“Please, darling, you need to rest!” Rarity pleaded. Still nothing.

“LAND SAKES, GIRL!” Granny Smith yelled, as she swiftly bonked her stubborn granddaughter on the head with her cane.

“OW!” Applejack reeled. She looked at her friends and family, who looked equal parts concerned and frustrated.

“Now you listen and listen good, young lady!” The elder started lecturing. “Ah don’t rightly know about the monkey feller, but he, yer friends AND me are all worried sick about the way yer acting!” She sighed. “Yer not the only Apple, okay? Let’s work together as a family.”

Applejack was processing this. She thought she had learned this lesson long ago- about letting her stubbornness override her common sense. She just fell to her knees.

“And another thing- ah think you owe Mr. Commie Rider over there an apology for actin’ like a plum fool!” She commanded, pointing at Tom. Tom just tried to stay neutral, though his eye twitched at yet another mondegreen of his title.

Applejack walked over to Tom, rubbing her arm in a combination of shame and soreness.

“Um...ah just wanted to say...ah’m s-s-sorry.” She struggled to get the words out.

“...you were trying to protect your family, right?” Tom asked. “Don’t worry, Applejack- I’m not holding that against you.” He continued. “Just...maybe calm down and think for a bit before you do something.”

“...ah can do that.” She held out her hand to Tom for a handshake. “Friends?”

“Friends…” Tom grasped the farmer’s hand, but the sheer grip she had was crushing.

“...gonna feel that one in the morning.” He wheezed.

----------

Chrysalis chuckled as she walked. She’d gotten everything she’d needed for today. Sure, Tom got his hands on a new ridewatch and another one of the Another Riders had been defeated, but everything was going according to plan.

Interesting. Any creature with any existing insecurities or flaws would work a lot better as Another Riders than just any random pony she picked out of a crowd. Yes, this would do nicely.

“I see someone’s happy,” another Rider said, walking up in blue armor that made him sorta resemble a cobra. “I don’t see why you should be though, given you got your ass handed to you, not to mention the happy couple got split up.”

“Trust me,” Chrysalis said, tossing another dark watch up in the air and catching it. “I’m playing the long game. Better that way. Always play three steps ahead. I have an eternal grudge, and I will not let that brat get in my way of revenge. He wants to play at being a hero? Fine, but I hope he’s ready…For his trials will be by fire. Dragon fire.”

Author's Note:

Big thanks to The Bricklayer for helping me finish this chapter!