• Published 24th Sep 2018
  • 347 Views, 42 Comments

Theater of The Damned - Chemtest



Who could guess a simple fight could evolve into so much more?

  • ...
 42
 347

Joker and Thief

—(Apple Bloom)—

I walk through the door, hoping I will succeed this time. The room is a simple two part, on side is me, and on the other is a table. The orb rests on a table on my side of the room, “Welcome to the next game, dear Apple Bloom. ‘There must be a way out, said the Joker to the Thief’ such a great quote. One that applies to this test as well.”

I look at the ponies on the other side, and step back in shock. Sitting at the table is Pinkie Pie, and across from her is a stallion with a yellow shirt. I look at the orb, “Well, Pinkie must be the Joker!”

The pony on the orb talks, “Oh, really, why’s that?”

I look back and fourth, “Well... she’s Pinkie Pie! Element of Laughter and all!”

The pony looks right at me, “Oh, my dear, you are right. But also wrong. Do you never question what she does? Pulling objects out of her mane, having stashed across town? You didn’t think she had those there for an innocent reason, did you? Stolen goods hid away, weather in mane or behind tree. She makes her friends laugh, but I’m sure the shop keeps aren’t laughing when they discover items disappearing. Thief and liar, hiding behind her ‘Pinkie sense’ and ‘randomness’ so nopony will ever think her suspect. You think her parties are truely free? Ponies pay for those parties through unwilling donations. But because she throws a party without charge and for everypony, she is seen as good.”

The pony doesn’t have a lick of doubt or hesitation in their voice, “What about the stallion?”

The pony sighs, “The Joker, sadly drawn into this game by coincidence of positioning. Not to say he’s innocent. Cheese Sandwich, the party pony who ran from home and never returned. Left without a word, authorities thought that his parents had killed him. He didn’t come back once, not when his parents were defending themselves, not when they hanged, never. He didn’t know, he was too busy having fun and laughing as he threw parties all across the land. Both of them have done bad and never admitted to it. Both are liars. So, I decided we’re going to play an appropriate game.”

Two cups come down from the roof, and five dice for each cup as well.

The pony looks as the cups are let down on the table, “Liars Dice, a fun game for the whole family. You say what the how many dice of whatever number are there, and call one another out if they lie. Call the bet exact, and get it right, and everypony gives up a die, and those two are going to play. You, Apple Bloom, are to help them cheat. You have two orbs right there, allowing you to see in each cup. The player who runs out of dice first, becomes them. Whoever is left can leave alive. So, Apple Bloom, Joker or Thief?”

The orb explodes, and the cups on the table are shaken around. Cheese Sandwich looks over at me, his bright blue eyes shining with contained laughter, “That pony, he said whoever runs out first dies. What if we were to tie?”

Pinkie shakes her head fast enough to send her hair swinging, “No, no, nope! We can’t take the chance that he would kill us both!” She looks right at me, her emerald green eyes pleading, “Come on Apple Bloom, I’m the Element of Laughter, you gotta help me win! The world can survive without him, but not without me!”

Cheese looks at his dice, “Let us tie. We have to take the chance that we both live!”

Pinkie looks at her dice, “One two.”

Cheese looks away from his dice, “Four threes.”

I look over at Pinkie, “Call it exact!”

She simply says out, “Five ones.”

Cheese calls it, “Liar.”

The cups are lifted up, showing there are only two ones. One of Pinkie’s dice are put in the center of the table. The cups are shaken up again, and placed down.

Pinkie looks at her dice, “Four fives.”

I look over at Cheese, “Call it!”

He calls it, “Liar.”

The dice are revealed, and one of his is taken away. Thus making the score even.

Cheese looks at his dice, “Three sixes.”

Pinkie looks at hers, “Liar.”

The dice are shown, and there are two sixes. One of Pinkie’s dice are taken away and put in the center.

The dice are shaken up, and without even looking Cheese calls out, “Two twos.”

Pinkie looks him in the eye, and says, “Liar.”

The dice are revealed, showing two twos are there. Pinkie die is taken away, leaving her with two.

The cups are shaken up, and placed down.

Pinkie peeks into her’s, “Two fives.”

Cheese looks at me, and I nod, “Liar.”

The dice are revealed, showing one five. His die is taken away.

They shake up the cups again, and Cheese says, “Three sixes.”

Pinkie looks at hers, “Three fives.”

Cheese looks at me once again, and I nod, “Liar.”

The cups are reviled showing three fives. Cheese’s die is taken away, bringing them to a tie.

The cups are placed down, and Pinkie looks at hers, “One one.”

I look at Cheese, “Call it exact.”

He nods, “I think you’ve got that exactly right.”

The dice are revealed, showing one one. A die is taken from both, leaving both with one.

The dice are shaken, and Cheese looks at his, “Two sixes.”

I look over at Pinkie, “Call it exact!”

She looks at me, then at him, “Liar.”

The dice are revealed, showing two sixes. Pinkie’s last die is taken away, making her the loser.

She looks between us two, “No, no, no, I can’t die this way! I’m the Element of Laughter, I’m too important to just die!”

She looks at me one last time, her desperate emerald greens meeting my eyes. Pleading for me to do something. I shake my head, “I’m sorry.”

She screams in surprise as she is flung out of her chair. Below her, and where she lands, is a funnel type device with a whirring sound coming out. Her screams are stoped, and the noise becomes muffles with the sound of shredding.

A few seconds later, a pair of fuzzy, pink, dice land on the table, and an orb lands next to them, “Here I present it to you, liar’s dice! Almost looks like something I’d put on a carriage.”

Cheese Sandwich takes one look at them, before passing out and laying on the floor.

A door opens, and the pony speaks again, “He’ll be fine. I will make sure of it. And I’m a stallion of his word. Now, you have a new test to go to!”