• Published 24th Sep 2018
  • 341 Views, 42 Comments

Theater of The Damned - Chemtest



Who could guess a simple fight could evolve into so much more?

  • ...
 42
 341

Domino Effect

I must admit, seeing my sister be really tiny, or Rarity look like a rug is really funny. But them blaming Zercora just ain’t right. Spike sure ain’t helping matters any, what with his making fun of everypony. It seemed like Twilight was the only one that had some sense left, but now she’s gone all raving mad as well.

If it wasn’t for me going out and trying to be kind, none of this would have happened to begin with! And they’re still blaming Zecora for what was my fault, and the cause of those blue flowers!

If nopony else is gonna be an adult, then I guess I have to step up to the plate. Strange that the youngest is the one acting the most mature. But I’m a big pony now, I can make my own decisions! So that’s what I’ll do.

I turn around, and slip out of the library without attracting any attention. I trot through the town to the Everfree’s entrance.

Luckily, most ponies ain’t out at this early time. So I can just get through the town without worrying about somepony stopping me and alerting my sister and her friends. I can’t believe their being so... what was the word Ms Cheerilee thought us? Racist, that’s it! I can’t believe they’re being so racist towards Zecora! They better apologize to her when they get their heads on right.

I arrive at the Everfree’s enternce, and have some second thoughts. This place does look awfully scary. I know the Everfree’s legends, about how I shouldn’t go in. Maybe I should try to talk to them again, maybe they’ll actually listen. No, get a hold of yourself Apple Bloom! I’m a big pony now, some stupid forest ain’t gonna scare me!

I trot into the forest, before hearing a high pitched voice, “Stop right there! Turn around right now, missy!”

I turn around, and see my sister there. I smile, “No.”

She shouts at me, “No?! You can't ignore a direct order from your big sister!”

I pick her up, and place her on a leaf, “Hehehe. Sorry Applejack, but I'm the big sister now.”

I turn around, and trot further into the forest, barely hearing her high pitched voice shout again, “Apple Bloom, you come back here right this instant! I'm gonna tell Big McIntosh on you! Aw, pony feathers!”

I giggle slightly, and continue to trot forward. I don’t know what they’re talking about, this place don’t see too bad. Flowers along the paths, oak trees, animals playing with each other. I don’t see how they could find this scary.

Sure, it might be a bit dark, but that doesn’t matter. The night is darker than the day, that don’t mean it’s scary. Maybe it’s the Manticores that they fear, but they don’t come out at day. Yeah, Timberwolves are bad, but they seem to be ignoring me.

In fact, it’s quite beautiful out here. I can see why Miss Zecora would live out here, quiet and wild. Only sound I can hear is my own hooves, birds tweeting, and bushes shaking in the wind. Wait, is that another pair of hooves?

I stop in place, only to feel something be forced over my mouth. I breathe in to try and scream, but end up breathing in a lot of the rag over my mouth. I feel... tired, very tired.

The pony holding the rag lowers me to the ground as I breathe more of it in, “Shh, shh, shh.”

I can barely see the outline of a pony, “Sleepy...”

The pony says again, “Go ahead and sleep, you’ll wake up in a safer place.”

I decide the pony is telling the truth, and drift off to sleep.

—(Applejack)—

I start to pull on the mane of the no-good zebra, “Where’s my sister!?”

The zebra looks around as her hut is destroyed, “I don’t know of any sister out here, pony folk. All other than me is the bugs and the oak.”

I start to pull harder, “Where’s my Apple Bloom?!”

She picks me up off of her mane, and places me down, “Is she the nice pony the other day? I believe you took her along your way.”

I shout out, trying to intimidate her even with my hampered size, “She came out here to help you, now where is she!?”

The zebra looks genuinely confused, “No pony came out to help me. Maybe she is still in the Everfree?”

I look right into her eyes, “You ain’t lying.”

She rolls her eyes, “No shit. That was sarcasm, if you couldn’t understand it.”

I fall onto my flank, “Oh Celestia, where’s my sister. She shouldn’t have come out here.”

Zecora picks her pot up, “Maybe have a note sent by your unicorn. Although, we first have to fix her horn.”

—(Twilight Sparkle, two hours later)—

I furiously write a letter after getting my horn fixed. Normally, I would send a Friendship Report, but this is far from normal.

’Dear Princess Celestia,

I write this note now that my horn has been fixed by the zebra, Zecora. Normally, I would send a note detailing all about how we shouldn’t have judged a book by its cover with her, but that’s not what this is about.

About two and a half hours ago, Apple Bloom headed into the Everfree to find and help Zecora. Nopony was with her, she was completely alone, and she has not come back out. I fear that she may be lost, or even worse. I plead for you to come down and help us in our search for Apple Bloom. Please, arrive post haste. We can not take any chances of her getting injured out there, or worse.

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle.

I furl up the note, and gallop to Spike, “Spike, send this letter!”

He shrugs, and blows his green fire on it, “Alright, don’t see why a Friendship Report is so urgent.”

I shake my head, “No, it’s not that. Apple Bloom has gone missing in the Everfree.”

—(Apple Bloom)—

I awake, only to find myself in a run down building. I’m restrained to a table, and faced towards a magical orb.

A face appears on it, wearing a type of mask, “Hello, Apple Bloom. You are going to play a game. No, not Monopony or Tag, my types of games. You will be put through multiple tests in the near future, and your choices will decide life or death for other ponies. Chose wisely, Apple Bloom. Welcome to the Theater of The Damned. Break a leg, probably somepony else’s.”

The orb explodes, and my restraints open. I fall to the floor.