• Published 24th Sep 2018
  • 347 Views, 42 Comments

Theater of The Damned - Chemtest



Who could guess a simple fight could evolve into so much more?

  • ...
 42
 347

Crazy Sanity

—(Twilight Sparkle)—

I walk down the main path, looking for any clues. There, in the middle of the path! Signs of a struggle, an orb! I quickly shoot a magical flare into the sky, alerting everypony that I found something. Within a minute, they all rush up to me. Applejack shouting excitedly, “Did ya find her?!”

The six others, Princess Celestia included, rush up. I look around at all of them, “I believe something worse than we thought is going on. Look, signs of a struggle. Along with that orb there.”

The Princess looks at the orb, “A transmission orb, only a very powerful unicorn could craft one of these. Unicorns that powerful died off a long time ago. No offense, Twilight, but this is beyond your level. For them to simply leave them lying about like it’s nothing only speaks of their power. Doesn’t seem to be transmitting anything, however.”

Then, a face suddenly appears on the screen. Somepony wearing a strange mask, with strange red and green markings on it, almost like what a puppet would wear. The pony then begins to speak in a deep voice, “Very astute of you, Celestia. Surprising that one in your position would care about this simple endeavor.”

I already don’t like the pony on the other side, “What did you do, where’s Apple Bloom?!”

The pony let’s out a laugh, shaking my bones, “That’s for me to know, and you to figure out. Forgive me for not telling you my entire plan, unlike your previous opponents. You will find out when I give her back to you.”

Applejack gets closer, and closer to the orb, “You listen now, and you listen good you lowdown, no good varmit. I will find my Apple Bloom. If you get in the way, then your judgement day will come early. If I find my sister injured, then I will make you wish for death. If you give her back right now, then I might take mercy on your sorry hide. Mark my words, I am coming.”

The pony looks her right in the eyes, and doesn’t even flinch, “Good, you coming for me is what I want. But, it’s probably not what you want. If you come after me, ponies will die. Every hour you come after me, ponies will die. Oh, starting right now. I’m a stallion of his word.”

Princess Celestia only shakes her head, “Your mad.”

The pony snaps their gaze over to her, “Madness, as you know, is like gravity, all it takes is a little push. A lesson you are familiar with, if family history is anything to go by. One second you’re talking to your friend, your sibling, the ones you don’t treat the best but still love. Then, one little push, and they ignite the true potential within them. Next second, your standing over their corpse, and you have the knife. Or, in your case, looking at the moon with some fancy stones.”

I slowly shake my head, “You’re evil!”

The pony smirks, or, his mask smirks, “Oh, don’t pretend like everypony isn’t evil. Those ponies in your town, all hide dark secrets that make them worse than me. Don't talk like you're one of them. You're not, even if you'd like to be. To them you're just a freak, like me. They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper. See, their morals, their ‘code’, it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you, when the chips are down, these ‘civilized ponies’? They'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I just punish those for their sins. I give a chance to the incorruptible, one to make a decision without going through corrupt royalty or judges. You are all the exceptions, the freaks, just like me.”

Princess Celestia shouts at the orb, “Who do you think you are?!”

The pony takes the orb he’s speaking through, and shows his surroundings, “I am the Director, in this Theater of the Damned!” He puts the orb down, and leans in real close to it, “Did you know there’s a party going on? A party, full of terrible, terrible, ponies. Thugs, criminals, bandits, just the worst. Now, I hear that they have a cake there. Let’s just say the flavor will explode in their mouths. Hurry along, ponies, hurry and save the evil! Tick-tock, tick-tock, all the way down! When it reaches zero...” the orb explodes.

I step back in shock, before comprehending the words said. I look over to the Princess, only to see her frozen as well, “Come on, we have to save them!”

She snaps out of it, and we start to rush back to town. She spreads her wings, and takes off. We run along the path, dodging all roots and branches on the path. I see some light ahead, and pick up the pace.

I exit out the forest, and find myself looking at one lonely house. I can see the outline of a pony in the window, who takes a bite of cake.

*BOOM!*

I’m stopped in my tracks by an earth shattering explosion. The house that was once there, gone, only a crater remains. One piece of debris flies over to me, and lands in front of me. Another orb, with the pony again, “You know what I've noticed? Nopony panics when things go ‘according to plan’. Even if the plan is horrifying. Even if, say, a house of ponies is blown up, they’ll shrug their shoulders and carry on.”

I look up, and sure enough, everypony just walks on like it’s normal. I look down at the orb one last time, “Where is she!?”

The pony simply laughs, “You have nothing, nothing, you can threaten me with. Nothing to do with all your magic. Nothing with all you magic, nothing! You, you have a choice to make. Try in vain to save dear Apple Bloom, and let ponies die, or stand back until I release her. You want your rules, your order? Laws of physics and magic, laws of life and death? See, I’m the kind of pony that breaks rules, and breaks ponies.”

I ask one last question, “Why?”

The pony sighs, “It’s always with that question, ‘why’? Can nopony be patient and wait for me to tell them? Ask, where, who, how, or anything else? No, it’s always ‘why’, why me, why am I here? See, Twilight, I am powerful, on the level of your precious little Princess. I don’t conform to your rules, I bend them until they conform to me or they break. I try, and try to break ponies, and most of the time it works. But Apple Bloom here, she’s special, she won’t break easily. So, believe me, she will return to you just fine. Either with knowledge of ‘why’ or no memory of her time there. But, come after me, more ponies die. I’m a being of his word.”