• Published 22nd Sep 2018
  • 3,302 Views, 57 Comments

BloodLust - The Mountaineer Brony



An unusual encounter begins turning Fluttershy vampiric little by little, and this time, she's not hungry for apples, but blood... can Rainbow Dash help her find a solution before it's too late?

  • ...
8
 57
 3,302

Turn Around, Bright Eyes

The gently drifting sunlight from the window calmly brought Rainbow Dash forth from her slumber as it contacted her eyelids. She gave a small yawn and prepared to roll out of bed as usual, but halted upon being unable to move her right foreleg. This, of course, was because it was pinned beneath a soundly sleeping Fluttershy. Rainbow smiled at this beautiful mare she lay next to, an unusual feeling called love beginning to well up within her. As Dash fully embraced her true feelings, which, until now, she'd been trying to temper, she nestled herself back down into the warm bed and against Fluttershy's soft fur and fell back asleep.


As Fluttershy slept, she dreamed.

The dream was pleasant, involving a sunny field of wildflowers and lots of butterflies. Just beyond the field lay a small gulley carved out by a stream; the babbling waters ran into a thick forest past huge trees taller than Fluttershy could imagine in real life. From among the gnarled roots of one of these giant trees stepped a small deer, which began drinking from the stream as birds fluttered and sang overhead.

Overlooking this scene from the roots of another tree stood Fluttershy. Or at least, what seemed like Fluttershy. The creature slowly climbing atop her wooden perch seemed altogether more animalistic, more primal. The yellow mare slunk like a feline along the span of a large root, watching the graceful creature below. The little gulley was filled with sunlight, and seemed truly picturesque as she viewed it from above. The deer raised its head to glance around itself before returning to the stream. Fluttershy hadn't been noticed.

Slowly, the mare got to her hooves, though in the fuzzy recollection that is often left after dreams, they may have been claws. She approached the edge where the great snarl of roots climbed down the cliff face; the sunlight cast upon her was unpleasant, but she was driven on by instinct. Taking a moment to prepare herself, she locked eyes on her target below. Taking a deep breath, she leapt from the edge, popping open her bat-like wings to silently glide down through the vast open space.

The deer didn't notice her until she was more than halfway to it. Fluttershy outstretched her forelegs with a screech; the deer looked up in a panic and attempted to run away, but the mare was upon it before it had a chance. Her vision went completely red after that, her ears filled with noises of fear and struggle as she sunk her teeth into something warm and furry. The sensation of hot blood filled her mouth as the deer squealed; both bodies trembled, one from terror, one from delight, as the mare felt her teeth crushing bone and shredding sinew.

Suddenly, the carnage stopped. The predator pulled back her head upon detecting an odd taste.

A feather? In her mouth? Deer don't have feathers...


Fluttershy popped up from the bed with a shriek. Rainbow Dash, startled, almost fell off into the floor.

She quickly whipped her head around to check on her friend, whom, fortunately, she found frightened, but intact. Fluttershy's pillow, meanwhile, had been torn to shreds, its downy stuffing flung everywhere, and bits of it hung from her lip.

"Uh... Fluttershy?"

There was an awkward silence as a bit of pillowcase fell from her mouth. Fluttershy realized what had happened and how easily her friend could have been hurt.

After a moment, the mare fell back to the mattress with tears in her eyes. She attempted to bury her face behind her hooves and mane, but Rainbow Dash put a gentle hoof on her cheek and looked her in the eyes, which, despite being a bit off-color, were still Fluttershy's eyes.

"Want to tell me what just happened?" Rainbow asked the poor mare.

"No..." she said, sniffling "...suffice to say it was vampire-related."

Rainbow brought her friend in close for a hug, which Fluttershy happily reciprocated, absorbing the loving warmth as they lay there in the sunlight, bedsheets strewn about. After a few moments she pulled away, allowing Rainbow to wipe the tears from her eyes.

"I'm here for you, Fluttershy. I'm not gonna let this take over you. We will find some way to fix it." Rainbow paused, watching Fluttershy as she trembled in her embrace and held back tears. She didn't know if she should say what she really wanted to... but Rainbow had always been one to throw caution to the wind.

"Fluttershy... I love you."

The vampire-touched pony looked at her friend in surprise, almost jumping. Dash's cheeks flushed a rosy pink as she stumbled with her confession.

"I-I know this seems like an odd time to say so, but... I..." She chuckled awkwardly as she played footsie with Fluttershy beneath the covers.

"Y-You do? Even though I'm..." Fluttershy was trying not to get too emotional herself.

"Fluttershy... you've been my friend as long as I can remember. I'd never abandon you. I'd always had... certain feelings I couldn't explain when it came to you, but... when I saw you there, sleeping soundly next to me, my heart skipped a beat. I... I know now that... that I want to be with you forever, Fluttershy. And I know that we've still got work to do to get you back to normal, but I want to stand with you even after and keep you safe from harm."

Fluttershy could hardly believe what she was hearing. Her heart throbbed in her chest, and for a moment, she felt as normal and as healthy and as happy as she did before all this started. She couldn't prevent a small smile from forming.

"I... want..." Rainbow bit her lip as she struggled with the last few words. "...to love you, Fluttershy. To do anything and everything for you."

Fluttershy was overjoyed, and a bit of her excitement leaked from her eyes.

"D-Dashie..." she said with a sob. "I... I... I love..."

But Fluttershy couldn't make the words come out. Looking at Rainbow's smiling, blushing face, she lost her senses. Instead, she simply scooched closer to Dash and threw a hoof around her. The blue Pegasus closed her eyes and brought her face in closer for a kiss; Fluttershy leaned in, opening her mouth to receive it.

She fully surrendered, melting like putty into Dash's embrace. She'd never had such a sublime feeling before in her life; she felt a shiver course through her as a hoof was run through her mane, and a wing stretched out to hold her barrel. Fluttershy couldn't think during all this, her head instead filled with swirling clouds of myriad emotion. Dash's tongue frolicked in her mouth, sometimes tickling along the roof or trying to embrace her own, all the while careful of the sharp fangs within.

Finally, Dash took a quick breath through her nose and kissed deeper. She practically grabbed Fluttershy's tongue with her own and brought it into her mouth. Fluttershy squeaked at this, never having kissed in such a fashion; nonetheless, she soon found enjoyment in it, pulling Dash closer and taking dominance in the situation. Dash gave a muffled giggle of delight as Fluttershy tried to force her tongue deeper; she turned her head slightly and attempted to let it do so.

Fluttershy's breath became increasingly ragged as the kiss lasted longer and longer. The sensation of her hooves on Dash and Dash's hooves on her lit a fire in her body like she'd never imagined before. Soon, the quick, shallow breaths through her nose sounded almost like whimpering, but her partner could tell that Fluttershy was far from distressed. Dash could feel her friend's legs shaking at the delight of these new experiences, so she reached her hooves down and pulled Fluttershy's hips closer to her body in an attempt to quell the quaking. Her yellow wings flapped in excitement as Dash took her dominance back.

Finally, Dash had to rest her tongue, and carefully pulled herself out of their intense lip-lock. A small trail of saliva followed her as Fluttershy's tongue lolled out of her mouth as she panted like a dog. She planted a gentle, lingering kiss on Fluttershy's exposed throat, a reminder of their steamy evening on the couch some nights ago. Running a hoof through the fur on her chest, Dash looked at her through half-lidded eyes.

"H-How... was that?" she asked, catching her breath.

Fluttershy simply whinnied in response.

"Do you... want me... to...?"

"It might be too late for that." Fluttershy replied breathlessly. Dash gave a mirthful squeak.

"C'mon," she said amid her subsiding flurry of emotion "I'm sure there's chores and stuff to do. Not like either of us are going back to sleep after that anyway." Rainbow Dash booped her friend on the nose, eliciting a giggle, before rolling out of bed.


"You sit right there and relax, Fluttershy. You've had a tough couple of days. I'll take care of your chores for you." Rainbow Dash planted her friend directly onto her couch, covering her with a blanket and passing her a book to read.

"Thank you, Rainbow, but that's really not necessary." Fluttershy replied. "Last night took a lot out of me, but I'm feeling fine now." The mare suddenly found herself interrupted by her own growling stomach. "Well... except I'm getting hungry again."

"Don't sweat it, Fluttershy!" Dash said with bravado. "I think I may have actually devised a temporary solution."

Rainbow dashed into the kitchen, retrieving a glass from the cabinet and filling it with water from the tap. Placing it on the counter, she then rifled through the drawer until she found a small paring knife. She clenched it in her teeth as she made a pinprick in the flesh above her hoof, squeezing out two or three drops of blood into the water. She stirred it with a spoon until the water took on a pale reddish tint, then returned to Fluttershy.

"Try this!" She said with a smile. "It's not very much, but it should hopefully get you by, and cause minimal pain for me."

"I thought you said you'd never do that again?"

"Well, that was a lot more blood and a much deeper wound. I can spare a few drops here and there."

Fluttershy sipped at the pale, pinkish liquid. Truthfully, it only tasted very slightly like blood, but she appreciated Rainbow's gesture, so she smiled up at her.

"I-It's good!" She fibbed. "That's very kind of you, Rainbow Dash."

The blue mare hovered over and kissed her forehead. "So," she continued, "what do you normally do for your morning chores, Fluttershy?"

She put a hoof to her chin. "Well, I usually water the flowers in the flowerboxes, sweep the front walk, feed the chickens, and check the salt licks near the edge of the woods."

Rainbow gave a salute. "I can handle all that and more!" Angel Bunny appeared from underneath the couch, hopping up to tug on Fluttershy's tail. He gestured about the room with his paws, but the mare failed to notice the lack of other animals in need of help he was trying to indicate.

"You can go help her too, Angel. I'll be fine right here."

Rainbow swooped up the white rabbit in her forehooves and headed for the front door. Angel crossed his little arms.

"I'll see you in a few, Fluttershy!"

"You know where to find me if you need me!"

The yellow mare nestled down into her blanket, cracking open her book as she reclined in the shade. She idly sipped at her blood-water; it wasn't that satisfying, but it did remind her of Rainbow, which relaxed her. Hopefully, Rainbow could be trusted with the chores without too much going wrong. She didn't want to have to track another chicken through the woods, especially when it might be frightened of her, as so many of her animal friends seemed to be since her incident.

Author's Note:

That's right, it's back! :yay:

I promise to have a longer, more plot-progressing chapter of this out before the end of this (horrid) year. In the meantime, I'm glad you all enjoy this story so much, flawed though it is, and continue to read it and my other works. Happy Nightmare Night!

Very special thanks to hyreia, who helped with writing and proofreading this chapter. If it hadn't been for her, this story would still be languishing in a dusty corner of my library, so be sure to give her some love! :heart: