• Published 22nd Sep 2018
  • 3,269 Views, 57 Comments

BloodLust - The Mountaineer Brony



An unusual encounter begins turning Fluttershy vampiric little by little, and this time, she's not hungry for apples, but blood... can Rainbow Dash help her find a solution before it's too late?

  • ...
8
 57
 3,269

Gee, Fangs a Lot

The air felt wet and muggy in the Everfree that evening as Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy made their way through the thick foliage surrounding Zecora's hut. Upon approaching the humble abode carved out of a gnarled tree, Rainbow knocked tunefully on the heavy door, and after a few moments, Zecora answered.

"Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy! My Pegasus friends! Come in and relax, I've got time to spend."

"Thank you, Zecora." said Fluttershy in her usual quiet politeness.

"Zecora, we've got a problem." Dash got straight to the point as she closed the door behind them. "More specifically, Fluttershy has a problem."

"As an expert on unusual maladies, we thought you might know how to treat it." The afflicted mare added.

"I shall treat what ails you to the best of my ability;" Zecora began, putting a reassuring hoof on Fluttershy's shoulder. "now Fluttershy, tell me your issue, and grant me some clarity."

Unable to find words that she thought would suit the situation, Fluttershy simply opened her mouth. Two white fangs could easily be seen protruding, as they were growing in very quickly. Zecora's eyes widened as she moved in for a closer look.

"Oh my..." She poked one from the front with her forehoof. "...this is quite a serious concern. What else can you tell me? What else have you learned?"

"Well..." Fluttershy began unsurely. "My sense of hearing has been heightened, I've been prone to more... primal instincts, and my body kiiiind of rejects all food except for... um... blood."

"It all started after she was bitten by some freaky-looking bat." Rainbow Dash said.

Zecora put a hoof to her chin, deep in thought; a look of concern spread across her face.

"This is, as I feared, an ailment most grand. I've seen it before, but never thought it would come to this land."

"W-What do you mean?" Fluttershy's face was pale.

"You see, back when Equestria was naught but ice and snow, the land was ravaged by foul windigoes."

"Everypony knows that story." said Rainbow Dash. "What does it have to do with Fluttershy being a vampire?"

"Well, while Equestria was under such attack, the zebra lands were infested with giant vampire bats. Their bites caused symptoms similar to these... a cure can be made, but... not with ease."

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Fluttershy asked, sounding concerned as opposed to impatient. "I'll help you make it if it'll speed things along."

"It will take herbs from my homeland to reverse your grim physique." Zecora said, the gears in her head turning, mentally noting everything she'd need. "To bring them all here could take at least a week."

"A WEEK?!" Fluttershy exclaimed, her wings popping open, one of which struck Rainbow Dash in the face. "Or maybe even longer? How am I going to feed myself until then? I've had enough trouble making it this far!"

"Ooooow, Fluttershy! Watch your wings!" Rainbow said, rubbing her cheek. As she pulled her hoof away, Fluttershy and Zecora both noticed a light scratch drawn across said cheek. Curiously, Zecora ruffled apart the flight feathers at the end of one of Fluttershy's wings; inside was a bony spike growing out from where her wing would typically end. It appeared to be growing its own membrane as well.

The beginnings of bat wings.

"I shall work as quickly as I can, Fluttershy." Zecora said, immediately gathering small vials and jars off of her shelves and forming the beginnings of a remedy in a large ceramic bowl. "Without the vital herbs, it will be hard, but I shall try."

"But until then?" Fluttershy said sadly.

"I'm afraid I've nothing good to tell you." The zebra mare replied. "Until I've made some progress, there's nothing I can do."

The yellow Pegasus sighed and looked to the floor. Rainbow put a reassuring hoof around her, lifting her into the air by her own wing-power.

"C'mon, Fluttershy, we just gotta get your mind off it. Maybe we can go... count the fireflies or something? Summer's ending, and they won't be around much longer!"


Ever-persuaded by anything involving animals, Fluttershy went with Rainbow Dash to take in the night air. Though she put up a face of ease and enjoyment, the back of her mind writhed with thoughts of her condition. Would she really wind up a vampire forever? And if she did, would she have to start taking live prey? She'd already had a taste of Rainbow; what if her animal brain drove her to want more? What if she turned Rainbow into a vampire too? Or her other friends?

Fluttershy couldn't bear the thought. She loved her friends too much to put them at risk. Especially Rainbow.

These thoughts and their kin had the Element of Kindness nearing exhaustion by the time she got back to her home. Rainbow Dash, wishing to spend more time with Fluttershy in the hopes of distracting her from the grim truth, told her she'd be back in a minute. She was hungry, and knew that Fluttershy had stopped keeping pony food around, and so, the fastest flier in Equestria dashed into Ponyville in search of some for herself.

While her friend was gone, Fluttershy stepped into the bathroom to freshen up, but before she could run a bath, her reflection in the mirror distracted her. More specifically, she was distracted by the fact it was starting to disappear. Even when the vampire fruit bats had turned her, she could still see her own reflection; in fact, that's how Twilight got her to use The Stare on herself long enough so she could turn her back magically. But now, Fluttershy's reflection was tenuous, blurry, and about a quarter transparent. She could still see well enough, however, to discern that her fangs had fully grown in in the time she'd spent away, her irises were very slightly changing color, and her earns had a bit of a prick to them now.

Looking upon this increasingly vampiric visage filled Fluttershy with a resentment--neigh, an anger--she didn't know she possessed, and in fact, probably wouldn't have, were it not for her heightened primal instincts. Scowling disdainfully at herself, she only knew that she wanted whatever had caused this gone, out of her, forever.

It may have been a small step that came to Fluttershy's clouded mind, but it was a start.

Barely hovering into the kitchen, she rummaged in the cabinets underneath the sink until she found what she sought: a somewhat grungy, underused pair of slip-joint pliers. Floating back into her bathroom, she pulled up a stepstool in front of the mirror to sit on, and ran the pliers under hot water to cleanse them. Sitting down, she took a deep breath and strengthened her resolve.

Wielding the tools awkwardly between her forehooves, Fluttershy clamped the metal jaws around her right fang, both of which glistened wet in the light.

With determination, and no small amount of self-loathing, she began to pull.

Wrenching and tugging at the pointed devil, Fluttershy was somewhat fearful of the pain she knew was coming; a bead of sweat formed on her fair forehead as she thought back to losing her baby teeth as a filly, and how much fun that wasn't. Unfortunately for her, there'd be no Tooth Fairy to leave bits under her pillow this time, but defanging herself might help preserve her sense of who she was--something altogether more valuable than money.

Finally, after a timid cry of distress, the fang popped loose from its socket, but was still attached by ligament. Seeing the tooth dangle made Fluttershy sick to her stomach, and so she closed her eyes tightly and twisted the pliers, pulling her head in the opposite direction. It was almost as though the vampirism within her didn't want to let the tooth go, but finally, with a sickening noise and a blinding jolt of pain, it came loose. Fluttershy's own reddish vital fluid poured forth from the gaping injury; her blood tasted beyond foul, and burnt her tongue like acid. With small tears of frustration coming from her eyes, she flung the tooth onto the tile floor defiantly, and realigned her instrument of self-torture to grasp her second fang, repeating the gruesome process.


After the grievous affair was over, Fluttershy had bled over most of the sink, her bathmat, her muzzle, chest, and forehooves, the pliers, and portions of the floor where she'd flung her despised dentition. Her anger now calming, she mopped the blood from her gums with a hoof towel as the pliers clattered loudly to the floor. The mess, she thought, she'd take care of later. For now, she was just glad to have those accursed growths out of her mouth.

"There." She said, pleased. "Now that that's done, maybe I can--AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

Fluttershy shrieked in horror as her eyes met her reflection.

Her fangs.

They'd already started to grow back.


Rainbow Dash arrived back with food and a few things she'd stopped by her house to grab. Upon seeing Fluttershy nowhere around, she began calling out.

"Fluttershy? Buddy?" She said, setting her things down on the table before flying about the living room.

"Sorry I took so long! The line at Hayburger was massive, and I had to stop back home and feed Tank. If you want, I brought some Daring Do books if you, you know, might be intere--"

The cyan mare's voice trailed off as she looked towards the bathroom door. It was cracked, with light shining from within, accompanied by faint sobbing wafting out. She gently floated towards the door, peeking in slowly while knocking on the frame with her other hoof.

"Fluttershy, are you okay? I thought I heard you cr--- SWEET CELESTIA'S MARE HEAT, WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

"THEY JUST KEEP GROWING BACK!" Fluttershy exclaimed, throwing her hooves up in desperation before breaking into a full-on cry of hopelessness.

Rainbow immediately rushed to her friend's side, stroking her mane and speaking softly, like a mother comforting her child. She helped Fluttershy wash the blood away, though all the while the mare kept crying; few words, mostly tears. If Rainbow touched the vampiric blood, it was hot and acidic to her as well, and was careful not to get it on her hooves. Looking around at the mess Fluttershy had made, she shuddered, her eyes widening. What kind of torture had this innocent little creature been putting herself through? It made Rainbow sick to her stomach, but before it could make her retch, she was distracted by something she heard her friend say.

"I... I didn't ask for this..."

"I know, buddy." She said, pulling her into an embrace. "It's not your fault... and frankly, you don't deserve this, either..."

As the night became darker, Rainbow carried Fluttershy in her forelegs upstairs and tucked her into bed, still holding her in a comforting embrace while she slowly let nighttime take her. It wasn't long before Rainbow Dash slipped off into sleep as well, nestling down into the comfy bed and her friend's body heat, or rather, the remainder that the vampirism hadn't taken yet. It was a good thing that one of the things Rainbow had retrieved from her house was an overnight bag, "just in case."

Author's Note:

I made my own teeth hurt writing this.:pinkiesick::fluttercry:

Moderators, if this warrants a "Self-Harm" tag, I'll gladly add it.

Also, one of my favorite gags in any movie is in Evan Almighty; when Steve Carrell's titular character tries to shave off his divinely-sent beard, it's grown back as soon as he looks in the mirror again. I absolutely love that whole scene, and wanted to reference it with Fluttershy's fangs, though they admittedly don't grow back quite as quick... and she certainly didn't find it hilarious. I'm sorry, girl.:fluttershysad:

Also, "Sweet Celestia's mare-heat" is one of the best pony expletives I've ever heard. :rainbowlaugh: