• Published 22nd Sep 2018
  • 3,258 Views, 57 Comments

BloodLust - The Mountaineer Brony



An unusual encounter begins turning Fluttershy vampiric little by little, and this time, she's not hungry for apples, but blood... can Rainbow Dash help her find a solution before it's too late?

  • ...
8
 57
 3,258

Once Bitten, Twice Fluttershy

It was late that night when Fluttershy heard something heavy hit her window.

The little Pegasus was startled out of her sleep with a gasp, sitting upright and nearly hurling Angel Bunny, whom she'd been cuddling with, across the room in the process. "I'm sorry, Angel..." she whispered "I didn't mean to give you a jolt." Fluttershy turned to look out her window; outside, she only saw the full moon, but could tell by some saliva spattered on the glass that something had rammed into it. "Let's go outside and see if our visitor is still here, huh Angel?" she said in her dulcet, singsong-y voice. The white rabbit huffed, just wanting to go back to sleep.

Making her way downstairs, Fluttershy was only slightly nervous as she stepped softly towards her front door. Sure, she didn't know what awaited her, but for all she knew, there could be some poor animal in need of her help. Hopping down from atop her pink-maned head, Angel landed on a stand near the door. He struck a match to light the candle that was sitting nearby. Fluttershy took the long metal handle of the candleholder between her teeth and stepped outside, walking around to the back of her cottage, just below the window where the collision had taken place.

Her blue eyes scanned the environment, but couldn't quite pick up anything unusual at a precursory glance. However, it didn't take long for the dim candlelight to cast itself upon something on the ground: something small, furry, and moving.

Fluttershy gasped and nearly dropped her candle.

Feebly attempting to crawl away was what appeared to be, for all intents and purposes, a vampire fruit bat. Fluttershy's mind quickly conjured up memories of the infestation that had occurred at Sweet Apple Acres many years earlier, and how her friends had told her she'd been magically transformed into a fruit-sucking bat pony. Nonetheless, she didn't resent the bats; in fact, she loved them as much as any animal, and managed to get a portion of the orchard set aside for them. Now, it appeared that this particular bat, who must have gotten lost to be so far away from the orchard, needed her help.

"Oh, you poor little thing." Fluttershy thought. "Let's get you inside, shall we? Fluttershy will take good care of you." Gingerly, she knelt on her forelegs and scooped the injured bat up in her soft, feathery wings. The bat hissed in protest, but otherwise did nothing towards its pony protector.

After getting the bat inside, where Angel and her other animal friends had lit more candles and lanterns, Fluttershy could see that there was something very wrong with this creature. The crash into her window must have been caused by the injury to its right wing: it almost looked as though a predator had attempted to rip it off. There was a great tear up the patagium, which was slowly bleeding, and the bat's "arm" had what appeared to be bite marks. Additionally, now that she was in brighter light, she could tell that this wasn't a fruit bat. It was smaller overall, with shorter wings, smaller ears and eyes, a bigger nose and claws, and all around sharper teeth. Indeed, Fluttershy didn't quite know just what it was. "Well, I've never seen a bat like you around before." She pondered aloud. Her eyes glanced back down at the torn membrane, and she winced. "Ooh, you're hurt pretty bad... and the vet's not in until the morning..." Fluttershy bit her hoof nervously and glanced at Angel, who was nervously wringing his paws.

The yellow Pegasus swallowed hard. "Ohhhh, I know what I have to do, but neither of us is going to like it..." She picked up the bat in her wings again, who again hissed in protest, more loudly this time. Walking over to a nearby wall and knocking her hoof against it, a secret door slid back, revealing a staircase leading underground, lit by candles in wall sconces.

"Mama Fluttershy can fix it, little one... down in her secret knitting cave..."

Below, in a room covered wall to wall in soft creations of hers, Fluttershy laid the bat down on its back on her workbench. Going to her closet, she dug around in her ample supply of materials. She took out a spool of black thread, handing it to Angel without looking, and kept rifling through containers. Knitting needles would be far too big, she knew. She needed... "Aha!" she exclaimed. She'd finally found a fine sewing needle, much like Rarity used.

Back at her workbench, she held the bat's wings down with her own, using a spare cloth held in her muzzle to clean up the bloodied wing while Angel strung the needle with thread. The bat acted as though it knew what was going to happen, and protested the impending operation by screeching its head off. Once she was done with cleanup, Angel handed the threaded needle to Fluttershy, who looked down at the bat longingly.

"Oh, I'M SORRY, LITTLE BAT!" She squeaked out, almost on the verge of tears.

Holding the needle gingerly between her hooves, she began the delicate, lengthy process of sewing up the torn patagium, pushing the needle through with a hoof, carefully pulling it through with her teeth, trying not to prick herself, and repositioning the needle to repeat, one stitch at a time. The bat was screaming louder than ever, but that wasn't the only thing wrong with it: it had begun salivating at the mouth, and the whites of its eyes, though bloodshot at first, soon became a full, rich red. Angel, guarding his sensitive ears from the patient's squalling, quickly grabbed a cotton ball and stuffed it in the bat's mouth, feeling proud with himself. Alas, this only served to make the bat angrier; it spit the cotton back into Angel's face, who tumbled backwards off the workbench.

By this time, Fluttershy was just putting the final stitch in the bat's wing, upon which she cut the thread with her teeth and reared back to admire her work. "There, little bat, isn't that better? You should be able to fly again after a few days..." She reached her left forehoof forward to stroke its fuzzy stomach... which was a mistake.

The bat managed to work enough of its wings out from under hers to allow it to lash forward, sinking its fangs into the flesh just above Fluttershy's hoof. She screamed from the pain and being startled, falling backwards onto the floor. The bat, in a superpowered rush of adrenaline, took a couple long strides and leapt into the air, completely ignoring its pain. It flew out of the cracked front door, never to be seen again.

Wincing, Fluttershy rolled onto her hooves, Angel doing what he could to assist her in standing. "Well that wasn't very nice." She muttered in a pouty voice. Glancing down at her hoof, there were two dripping red dots where she'd been bitten, but other than that, she was no worse for wear. Some of her animal friends, having already observed what happened from the stairs, rushed to get her some bandages. Fluttershy applied a gauze wrap to her foreleg and flew back up to bed, her hoof still feeling tender to walk upon.

By the next morning, the bite marks would be mostly gone... though the marks were not all the bat had given her.

Author's Note:

Please excuse the title of this chapter; I know, it's overused, it's cringey, but I like it. Prepare to see a lot more title puns as I write more chapters.
Not my first FiMFic, but my first here.
Hope you enjoyed!