• Published 21st Sep 2018
  • 934 Views, 6 Comments

Of All the Nerf!!! - RebelNarrator45



There is a battle in and around Ponyville...

  • ...
3
 6
 934

The Final Fight

Applejack and Twilight stood side by side, studying Twilight's newest plan of attack.

"Are ya sure this will work?" Applejack asked.

"Trust me, Applejack. This plan is guaranteed to take Ponyville. And without a problem." Twilight grinned.

"Ok, then. Lets go, ya'll!"

Applejack led her rebel troops to the edge of Ponyville. Up ahead, they could see the Defenders' guards dutifully standing watch.

"Ok. A Team, round to the right. B Team, to the left. C Team, circle round back."

Everypony moved to obey their leader. Applejack looked at Twilight, then back at the town. Twilight kept mental count. Applejack's walkie talkie crackled.

"General Applejack, Ma'am, all teams are in position."

"Alright. Lets do this." Applejack braced herself, then spoke into the walkie talkie. "All teams, go, now!"

There were whoops and yells as the rebels attacked from all sides, breaking past the guards and attacking the Defenders' best defenses. In their headquarters, Dash heard the yelling and sprang to her hooves. Starlight burst inside, puffing.

"General, they broke past into town from all sides! They're making their way through town!"

Dash led the charge out the door and down the street. The group met Applejack and her D team head on. Bullets flew, swords clacked, pillows whumped. Starlight blasted every rebel she could with her knockout spell. It was no longer a half hearted, light fight. The rebels fully intended to win. Dash fully intended to stop them. She and Applejack crossed swords while Rarity and Starlight faced Twilight.

"You!" Twilight said. "You hit me with a knockout spell!" Starlight gulped. Twilight's stern expression switched briefly to a grin. "Nice job, Starlight." Then she scowled again.

"Uh, thanks." Starlight said. "So, I guess now we fight again?"

"Yep." Twilight smirked. "Only this time, no magic barred. Unless, of course, its dangerous magic." Starlight chuckled at that.

"Ok. You asked for it."

She and Rarity attacked with their swords, and found that Twilight was very adept at fighting off both of them at once. She disarmed Rarity almost instantly, and sent Starlight tumbling head over hooves. Before they could recover, Twilight teleported elsewhere.

"She is sneaky." Starlight observed admiringly. Rarity tossed her mane.

"We shall track her down later."

The two mares leaped back into battle and fought their way to Dash. The cyan pegasus huffed and puffed with exertion as she fough against Applejack.

"Excuse us," Rarity said. "Darling, do you need a hoof?"

At Dash's nod, Rarity and Starlight dove in, driving Applejack back and forcing her to retreat. Dash's walkie talkie sprang to life.

"Help! Help! This is Captain Spike! Get to Town Hall ll right away! General Applejack's forces have just taken it!"

"Uh oh." Starlight said.

Dash called together her best fighters, including Rarity and Starlight, and led them to the town square while gasping into the walkie talkie, "Roger, Captain. Hang on. We're coming!"

Unfortunately, the path was blocked every so often by Applejack's rebels. They were able to fight them back, but it slowed them down. When they got to Town Hall, Applejack's rebels were all over it. And right out front was a group of rebels waiting for them.

"Ohhhh...horsefeathers." Dash muttered as they were surrounded. Starlight could teleport out, but she was so tired she wasn't sure she could take all her comrades with her, and she wasn't leaving them behind. So, she braced herself for the inevitable fight.

It came fast, with alot of yelling and shouting and clacking swords. Then the worst thing happened. From out of nowhere, a nerf bullet struck Rarity in the neck. She froze for a brief second, then flung up her hooves and shrieked. In true Rarity style, she lowered herself gracefully to the grass and then daintily kicked a few times before laying still.

"Rarity!!" Starlight cried, before she too, was struck with a bullet. It hit her squarely in the side, just behind her right foreleg. She sighed, then let out a dramatic yell before flopping down next to Rarity, who opened one eye long enough to wink.

"Starlight!!! Rarity!!! No!!" Dash cried.

"I'm only wounded, General!" Starlight called. "I think I'll live."

Dash attacked her nearest foe with renewed vengeance, cutting him down. Ponies were mercilessly dropped like flies as she fought her way forward. She made it to the steps before a bullet hit her left foreleg. She dropped. A grinning rebel lifted her sword, prepared to end the Defender, when suddenly a cheerful voice rang out.

"Not on my watch you don't!"

A cupcake came flying and smacked the rebel in the face. She shrieked and dropped instantly.

"Pinkie Pie!" Dash cried in relief. Then she scowled. "WHY ARE YOU IN THAT CUPCAKE HAT?!"

"Silly filly!" Laughed Pinkie. "I just couldn't fight without it! I really like wearing it! And if I got taken down, then my favourite hat goes too."

"I'll deal with you later!" Dash shouted. "Watch out!" Pinkie spun and fired at the rebel behind her. She ran up to help Dash up and then together they fought their way into Town Hall. Starlight watched them go, rolled her eyes, and sighed. She rubbed at an itch on her nose.

"You know that going in there without you is essentially abandoning you."

Starlight glared at Rarity, who had one eye open. "You know you're supposed to be dead." Rarity grinned and shut her eye again. Starlight looked at Town Hall.

'I hope they come out ok.'
******************************

Dash and Pinkie Pie jad successfuly dispatched a multitude of rebels and freed several Defenders. Spike was the last.

"Oh, thank Celestia!" He said. "I'm glad to see you! Apple Bloom just contacted me, though. The Boutique is under siege!"

"Well, we got this place back, lets go save that one." Dash said.

As they went back outside and headed for the boutique, Dash insisted on taking Starlight along, while Spike fell by Rarity.

"Oh Rarity!" The baby dragon said mournfully. "Dear, sweet Rarity. Love of my life. How do I live without you?" He sniffed.

"Uh, Spike?" Starlight said. "You do remember she's not actually dead and can hear every word you say...don't you?"

As if to confirm this, Rarity opened one eye and winked at Spike. He yelped.

"Oh! Oh, yeah! Right!" He blushed as Rarity gave him a quick nuzzle before returning to her deceased state. Dash was snickering, Pinkie giggled, and Starlight grinned.

"Lets go!" Dash said. "And Pinkie?"

"Yeeeesss?"

"Loose the Celestia-darned hat!!"

"Nope! No can do!"

"Insubordination, eh? Fine! Keep it! But I will deal with you later!"

"Okie dokie lokie!"

Dash groaned.

The arrival of Dash's small force put an end to the rebels' plan to take the boutique. They were driven back successfully, in spite of the fact that two of the Defenders were injured. All across town, the Defenders drove back the rebel forces with a vengeance, determined to save Ponyville.
********************************

"Gah! This just ain't workin'!" Applejack huffed, as she and Twilight hid in the alley behind Sugarcube Corner...which, since the failed plan to take it over earlier in the war, had been neutral ground. It mainly supplied food and drinks to the weary fighters and 'ressurected' the deceased ones. "More than half my troops have been wiped out, an' the count just keeps climbin'! Where the hay are they getting their fightin' power?!"

"I don't understand this!" Twilight said, panicking. "I went over everything! This plan should have worked!! Use all our fighters and attack from all sides. It was foolproof!"

"Well, it ain't now!" Applejuck growled. "We're gettin' creamed out there! Some of us literally..." She shook her head at the image of Pinkie wielding her whipped cream gun. "The point is, we're losing!"

Twilight was about to reply, when somepony yelled.

"There! Two rebel leaders! Get em!"

Applejack and Twilight ran for the lives, dodging Defenders all the way. If they were captured, that was it. The rebels would be done. They made for the edge of town.

"Almost free!" Twilight gasped.

She probably shouldn't have said it. A group of Defenders burst out in front of them, cutting them off.

"Uh oh..." Twilight gasped, as she and Applejack skidded to a stop and found themselves surrounded.

"Well, this ain't how Ah saw this ending." Applejack muttered, as she braced to fight...which probably would end in disaster. Twilight followed her lead, standing with head slightly down.

Up above them, on a rooftop, Luna looked amused. "How do you see this ending?"

Celestia snorted. "Twilight and Applejack will easily get out of this, rally their troops, and keep fighting." She spoke sarcastically.

"Really?"

"No."

"How long do you think they will last?"

"I predict they will last only a few minutes."

Both sisters watched the scene below, grinning.

"Surrender!" Spoke up one of the Defenders.

"Never!" Twilight said.

"What she said!!" Applejack snapped.

"Lets take em." The leader said.

The fight that ensued lasted all of two minutes before the rebel leaders were subdued and taken prisoner. Cheers and shouts rang out as they were paraded through town.

"Ya don't have to sound that happy." Applejack grumbled.

But they did. They cheered louder because the war was finally over and Ponyville was saved!

Author's Note:

Still more ahead, I promise. Lol