• Published 15th Sep 2018
  • 997 Views, 38 Comments

Voidic and The Philosopher's Stone. - lightningman



As Voidic realizes He will be teaching at Hogwarts, He tries to set the course of the Harry Potter franchise on the right track.

  • ...
4
 38
 997

Chapte 6 - Picking the Potter.

---Harry's POV.---
As the dust settled, I saw a giant of a man walking into the doorway. I could feel myself shaking. Dudley was gulping on his own spit as he looked at the man walk towards us.

"Couldn't make us some cups a tea could yeh? It's not been an easy journey for the past week." He said. He walked over to us and poked his umbrella at Dudley. "Budge up, yeh great lump." I didn't know whether to laugh or to feel even more terrified. Dudley got up immediately and hid behind his mother. An amazing feat considering how fat he was. The giant looked at me and I stiffened like a deer caught in headlights.

"An' 'ere's Harry." The giant smiled brightly underneath his massive beard. "Las' time I saw you, you was only a baby." said the giant. "You look a lot like your father, but you have yer mother's eyes." He said kindly. From the corner of my eye, Uncle Vernon made a choking sound.

"I demand you leave at once, sir!" He said with as much command as he could muster. "You are breaking and entering!"

"Ah shat up, Dursley, yeh great fat prune." Hagrid got up and grabbed the rifle right out of his hands. He then began to tie it into what looked like a misshapen pretzel. He frowned. "Can never get that shape right. O' well." He threw it over his head and at the door, which I just noticed had been repaired somehow after being blasted open. But I didn't see anybody go near it. Let alone fix it.

"Anyway!" The giant rumbled to get my attention back to him. " I hope you have a very happy birthday. I brought you a present meself. Mighta sat on it at some point, but It'll taste jus' fine." He began to rummage through his coat and pulled out a slightly squashed box. He opened it up to reveal a cake the looked only squashed on one end. It read Happy Birthday Harry on some green icing.

"Ehm... Excuse me. But who are you?" I asked.

"Right. Haven't introduced ourselves have we?" He turned to a man that was standing in the corner by the Dursleys. The Dursleys didn't seem to have noticed him either as they jumped back in shock.

"I'm Rubeus Hagrid. Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts." He smiled. "That over there is Voidic. He's gonna be one of your classmates, he wanted ta come help me introduce you to the world before Hogwarts." He said as he held out his hand and shook my hand, feeling as if he shook my whole body. He then looked over his shoulder. "What about that tea then? I'll not say no to somthin stronger though." He waited and then sighed. Taking out a kettle, some sausages, a poker, teapot, a few mugs that looked straight out of a medieval fair. and a bottle of some amber liquid that I noticed that voidic sighed at. not in longing, but in exasperation. His voice seemed to come out deep like a demon's voice. Hagrid began to cook a few sausages. I only got a glance, but I counted six. Once finally cooked, he put some in front of me. Which I began to eat happily. Out of the cornerof my eye. Dudley was struggling not to run up and take them from me. But Uncle Vernon said. "Don't touch anything he gives you, Dudley." Hagrid chuckled

"Yer great puddin' of a son don' need anymore fattenin' anymore Dursley. He looks like 'e could survive of his own for a month." I chuckled a little. And once I was finished. I wiped my mouth.

"Um. I'm sorry, But I'm still not completely sure who you are." Once I said that, the giant took a gulp of tea and smiled at me again.

"Call me Hagrid. Everyone does. An' like I told yeh. I'm keeper of keys at Hogwarts. Yeh'll now all about Hogwarts O' course." He sighed as he leaned back on the couch with a dangerous creak coming from the springs.

"Ehm... No." I shook my head as the man looked shocked. "Sorry." I quickly said.

"Sorry?" Hagrid said incredulously. He turned to look at the Dursleys in the corner. "It's them that should be sorry! I knew you weren't getting your letters. But I never thought yeh wouldn't even know abou' Hogwarts! Did yeh never wonder where yer parents learned it all?" At this point, the man in the corner walked forward into the light. Revealing a really creepy mask. He tapped Hagrid on the shoulder and began whispering something in his ear. He seemed to get angrier by the second. "WHAT!!!" He bellowed, shaking the shack. Then the man continued to whisper. Hagrid closed his eyes and nodded at him. He took a deep breath and sat down on the couch again, I didn't even notice that he had stood up.

"Harry. I think it's time to tell you." He looked at me slightly sadly. "And tell you what the Dursleys kept from you."

"Kept what from me?" I could feel myself getting excited.

"STOP! I FORBID YOU TO TELL HIM!" Uncle Vernon yelled as he looked like he was about to step forward but suddenly, the man with the mask appeared in front of him somehow. He grabbed my Uncle's throat in threw him back into the corner. Shaking the wall he hit. The man's hands were twitching as if he wanted to do much more. He turned me and motioned for me to continue listening to Hagrid. I didn't want to get hurt so I did what I was asked.

"Harry. You're a wizard." There was a silence as my mind stopped. I was a...

"I'm a what?" I asked with equal parts confusion and surprise.

"A Wizard." I jumped as I looked at the man. I think I might have just been hallucinating. But I could swear I saw a small smile under that mask.

"And probably a damn good one with a bi' of training. Here." I turned back to Hagrid to see him extending the letter that I had fantasized about reading for so long. I grabbed it eagerly out of his hands and ripped it open. I took out the letter and read it.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Headmaster: Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.

(Order of Merlin, First Class. Grand Sorcerer. Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. Supreme Mugwump of the Internation Confederation of Wizards.)

Dear Mr. Potter.

We Are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours Sincerly

Minerva Mcgonagall.

Deputy Headmistress.

Soon I had a bunch of questions burst into my head. I also had a bunch of emotions going through it as well. I wanted to laugh that the Dursleys failed at keeping this from me. I wanted to smile at finally being able to read this. I was also beginning to feel doubtful. But my questions came first.

"What does it mean they await my owl?" I asked.

"Gallopin' Gorgons!" Hagrid slapped his head. "That reminds me." He began to rummage through his huge coat again and pulled out some parchment, a quill and..... How'd he get an owl in there?" I looked at the man in the mask who I would swear looked scandalized as he walked up and began to stroke the owl. The owl looked surprised, but he let the man continue to pet him. Hagrid began to write a note which I began to read upside down.

Dear Professor Dumbledore.

Given Harry his letter.

Taking him to buy his things tomorrow.

Voidic has been a big help and hasn't began acting like an idiot around Harry.

Weather's horrible. Hope your well.

Hagrid.

Once the man with the mask read the letter, he clocked Hagrid upside the head with his hand. Which I considered either extremely stupid, or extremely brave. Or both. Honestly, it's hard to tell what this man is like. Hagrid chuckled and tied the letter to the bird's leg. And threw the bird out of the window and into the storm. Voidic continued to look scandalized.

"Anyway. Where was I?" Hagrid said as we went and sat back down.

"He's not going," Vernon said suddenly. Hagrid's face turned into a frown and he turned to look at them from over the back of the couch.

"I'd like to see a muggle like you stop him," Hagrid said and I had a feeling he was talking about voidic as much as he was talking about me.

"A what?" I asked quickly.

"It's what we call nonmagic folk here in England. They call'em somthin' else overseas. But i'm not sure what it was." He turned his attention to Voidic. "You know?"

"No-magics" Voidic said calmly. Though there was a small glare going out at the Dursleys.

"Yeah. Those. And your family has some of the biggest muggles I've ever seen." Hagrid seemed to consider this an insult towards them. But I had no Idea why. As if reading my mind, Voidic turned to me and said three simple words.

"Salem Witch Trials." I blinked. Remembering those words from somewhere. But not all of the details of it.

"We swore that when we took him in we'd put a stop to that rubbish!" Vernon barked. Reminiscent of Ripper, Aunt Marge's dog. "Swore we'd stamp it out of him! Wizard indeed!" Vernon seemed like this was leaving a bad taste in his mouth. Wait.

"YOU KNEW!?" I yelled. "YOU KNEW I'M A WIZARD?"

"Knew?" Aunt Petunia began to snarl viciously. "Of course we knew! How could you not be, my dratted sister being what she was? Oh, she got a letter just like that." She pointed to the opened letter in my hand. "And disappeared off to that... That school... And came home every vacation with her pockets full of frog spawn. Turning teacups into rats. I was the only one who saw her for what she was... A freak!" Out of the corner of my eye. Voidic seemed to have realized something and thinking. "But for my mother and father. Oh no. It was Lily this and Lily that! They were proud to have a witch in the family!" She seemed like she's been wanting to get all this off her chest for a long time. She took a deep breath and began again.

"Then she met that Potter at school and they left and got married and had you, and of course I knew you'd be just the same, just as strange, just as... as... abnormal... and then, if you please, she went and got herself blo0wn up and we got landed with you!" Petunia said venomously again. I suddenly felt the blood rush to my face, yet leave it at the same time. I struggled to speak for a little bit.

"Blown up?" I asked quietly. "YOU TOLD ME THEY DIED IN A CAR CRASH!"

"CAR CRASH!!!?" Hagrid roared. Jumping up angrily again so that the Dursleys scuttled into a corner again. "How could a car crash kill Lily an' James Potter? It's an outrage! A scandal! Harry Potter not knowin' his own story when every kid in our world knows his name!"

"They what?" I asked shocked.

"Your famous Harry." Said Hagrid sadly. "I better tell you the story. So you know what to prepare yourself for once you enter Hogwarts. I guess it starts off with a person called..." Hagrid began but shuddered. He looked at Voidic.

"His name was Voldemort." He said as he sat down on the couch with Hagrid. "Almost twenty years ago. Voldemort was making a lot of followers and enemies. His followers were either afraid or just wanted some of his power. And he was getting power. Didn't dare want to make friends with unfamiliar people. Your parents were some of the people that stood up to him. And Voldemort was planning to kill them, So they went into hiding. But Voldemort found them. And killed them both. But here's where it's confusing for most wizards. He tried to kill you. But he couldn't. He struck you with the killing curse. But it didn't work. And finished himself off. Giving you that scar." He pointed at it.

"Every since then. Voldemort has never shown his face. People have 3 major theories about him. It's either, he's dead. He's biding his time. Or he's too tired to go on. And that's why you're famous. You finished off the country's most famous dark wizard." At this, I began to wonder. If I had once defeated the world's most powerful dark wizard. Why was Dudley always able to hurt me. And why was the Dursley's always able to lock me up in the cupboard under the stairs?

"Hagrid. Voidic. I'm sorry. But I don't think I can be a wizard." At this Hagrid began to chuckle.

"Not a wizard huh? Never made anything happen when you were scared or angry?" Hagrid smiled at me. And I looked into the crackling fire. Remember all the times that he had somehow escaped Dudley's gang. Growing out his hair when he thought it looked ridiculous. and at the zoo. Hadn't he set a boa constrictor on his cousin without even knowing it? I chuckled and looked up at Hagrid. Smiling.

"There you go. Harry Potter. Not a wizard. ridiculous. Just you watch. You'll be famous at Hogwarts. And not just for defeating You-Know-Who."

"HAVEN'T I JUST SAID HE'S NOT GOING!" Uncle Vernon yelled. "He's going to Stonewall High and he'll be grateful for it. I've read those letters and he needs all sorts of rubbish... Spell books and wands and..." He was cut off by Hagrid.

"And if he wants ter go, a great Muggle like you ain't gonna stop him." Growled Hagrid right back "Stop lily an' James's son from goin' to Hogwarts! Yer mad. his name has been down ever since he was born. He's off ter the finest school of witchcraft and wizardry in the world. Seven years there and he won't know himself. He'll be with youngsters of his own sort, fer a change. an' he'll be under the greatest headmaster Hogwarts ever had. Albus Dumbled..."

"I AM NOT PAYING FOR A CRACKPOT OLD FOOL TO TEACH HIM MAGIC TRICKS!" Vernon yelled. I looked and saw Hagrid looking thunderous. He swung his umbrella over his head.

"NEVER... INSULT... ALBUS... DUMBLEDORE... IN FRONT... OF ME!!!" He swung it down in a blast of violet light and there was a sharp squeal coming from Dudley and Dudley began to jump around the place in apparent pain. I looked closer and realized that he now had a tail. Vernon roared and dragged his family into the other room with him.

"Shouldn't a lost me temper. But it didn't work anyway. Meant to turn him into a full pig. But I suppose he was so much like one anyway there wasn't much to do." He turned to us anxiously. "Hey. Once we get to Hogwarts, could you not mention this. I'm not really supposed to do magic that much. Was allowed to do a little bit to get to you."

"why not?" I asked confused.

"Because I was expelled in me third year. Snapped me wand and everything. But Dumbledore let me stay on as gamekeeper. Great man, Dumbledore."

"Why were expelled?" I asked confused. He seemed so nice.

"Lots to do tomorrow," Hagrid said evidently avoiding the question. He took off his coat and threw it onto Harry. "Yeh can sleep under that. Don' mind if it wriggles a bit. I think I still got a couple o' mice in one o' the pockets." The man in the corner laid down and began to sleep on the floor. I took his example and fell asleep as well.