• Published 15th Sep 2018
  • 1,001 Views, 38 Comments

Voidic and The Philosopher's Stone. - lightningman



As Voidic realizes He will be teaching at Hogwarts, He tries to set the course of the Harry Potter franchise on the right track.

  • ...
4
 38
 1,001

Chapter 18 - Going through the Games.

As October slowly trudged into November, Everybody had gotten used to using their Void Magic.

They seemed to really like it, And I haven't even told them the best part about Void Magic. The Ministry can't track it since It's my domain, the only person with that authority is me. I know every single power that every single person uses that uses void magic at all times. I can take powers away, and I can give them. I never thought that The Outsider had this much power.

I smile and shake my head slightly, This is going to be fun seeing everyone's reactions at the end of the year. We had advanced to Bend Time. This was one of the more advanced powers. I had managed to find a way for me not to be affected when people use Bend Time, But it was rather strenuous, even for me. Probably because of the amount of power that was flowing through my body constantly being spent, it wasn't used to this much power, but it would get used to it eventually.

The way I tested them on Bend Time, was how powerful they could make it and how long they could do it, as well as how precise it was. For example, If they just slowed down time for a second all over the world, then they would get one point. If they rewound a completely broken chair that was 50 years old until it was brand new again and nothing else was affected, they would get at least 20 runes.

Nobody had managed this yet, But Harry and Draco had managed to rewind a chair back to how it was before it was destroyed, but they haven't managed past to get past 10 minutes before it was destroyed. Hermione was able to get it to be fixed halfway, while everyone else was still struggling to get time to be rewound at all. Nobody was complaining though.

This was the most surprising. It was still surprising that everyone didn't look at each other glaringly, even some of the Ravenclaws and Gryffindors were talking to each other with the Hufflepuffs about the classes. Most of the Slytherins were left out, but it wasn't because of the other houses, no. I watched when Neville asked some of the Slytherins to join their discussion. Only Tracy Davis and Daphne Greengrass of the Slytherins joined in on with the conversation group.

Anyway, I was headed down to the Quidditch pitch with Hermione and Ron. Hermione had actually relaxed around me and wasn't glaring at me anymore. Well, she didn't glare at me in class at all, but now she never glared at me. I watched as everyone sat down in their seats, I began thinking about The Marauder's latest prank. I was genuinely surprised that nobody had figured out who the Marauders were.

Last month, our pranks were focussed on Filius. They weren't as bad as Severus, in fact, Filius seemed to enjoy them. For example, we put a potion into Filius's food that caused his eyes to bug out and his hair to go gray and he grew a thick beard like hagrid's beard. Everyone seemed to enjoy this. Our pranks had at this point been figured out to be a monthly occurrence. The teachers and students were all in anticipation and fear of the next prank, wondering who the next target was going to be. I should also say, whenever we did a prank, we always took credit at the end of the day during dinner.

I shook my head and watched as Madam Hooch told the two Quidditch captains to shake hands. Marcus and Oliver shook their hands a bit friendlier than I had expected. It seemed that Marcus wasn't as bad as he pegged in the books.

"MOUNT YOUR BROOMS!" Madam Hooch barked loudly. The teams got ready and bent their knees in anticipation as I noticed a banner being raised that read 'Potter for President.' I don't know why they used President instead of Minister, But I assumed it was just a play on words.

Madam Hooch blew her whistle and they were off. Slowly, I tuned the noise out, barely listening as Lee Jordan commentated about the match. I was keeping watch on Quirrel, waiting for him to begin jinxing the broom.

Soon however, Hagrid joined and Hermione and Ron began chatting with him. I was silent keeping an eye on Quirrel, ready to use Bend Time at a moment's notice and smack the hell out of him.

Soon however, i noticed Harry diving, But I saw Marcus had a panicking look on his face, so he flew forward and blocked Harry. I frowned, hoping that Harry was ok.

"FOUL!!!" Screamed all of the Gryffindors, and quite a few of the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws.

"SEND HIM OFF!" Yelled Dean Thomas. "TAKE HIM OUTTA THE GAME!" Hagrid seemed like he was agreeing wiht Dean.

"HE COULDA KNOCKED HARRY OUTTA THE AIR!" Hagrid Bellowed. Madam Hooch ordered a free goal throw for Gryffindor due to the cheating. I laid back and watched Quirrel, who looked surprised and subtly happy. Quirrely closed his eyes for a little bit, at if getting ready to stare at something for a while. I slowly got up and began to walk towards him. I used my Invisibility power so nobody saw me. Behind me, I heard Hagrid mutter.

'Don't know what Harry thinks he's doing. If I didn't know better, I'd say he'd lost control of his broom. But He can't have." I panicked and looked at Quirrel, who was already staring at the broom and muttering. I looked and saw Snape muttering under his breath as well. I quickly used Bend time to pause the world. I ran towards him, not noticing that I bumped a few people, which would cause a few problems once the world turned to normal. I ran towards Quirrel and quickly punched him hard in the face. I wince and pull my hand back quickly. His face was like steel. I sigh.

Of course, Newton's law. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. One I punched him that hard, my hand felt like it punched steel. Quirrel must feel like he got punched by a train. I looked and saw a fist slowly imprint itself onto Quirrel's face, But it was barely noticable right now and the indentation wasn't growing deeper, so if Quirrel's face were actually steel, I might have actually left a dent in it. I wince slightly as I realize how much pain Quirrel must be getting in a few microseconds. I looked to see Harry diving towards the ground, a small golden speck on the ground. I then noticed something else. Almost everyone's mark was glowing slightly

Huh. I must be using everyone's power to keep Bend Time up. So the Void isn't infinite, it's just very large, and with this many people using it, it must be split around all of them. I smile and run back to my seat, making sure that I didn't knock anybody over again. I then ended Bend Time and multiple things happened at once. Quite a few students fell over and I noticed Quirrel clutch at his face in obvious pain, but he didn't cry out. I looked and saw Harry topple onto the golden speck and it flew into his mouth. I cross my fingers and Harry coughed, dropping the snitch into his hand.

"I'VE GOT THE SNITCH!" Harry yelled hoarsely, obviously not liking the taste of magic and metal in his mouth. A few of the Slytherins looked murderous. And Flint looked looked disappointed and angry. Gryffindor won. 170- 60. If Harry had not gotten the snitch, Slythering would have probably gotten so high up in the score, they would have won regardless of Gryffindor getting the Snitch. Hagrid brought Hermione, Ron, Harry and I to his hut. Hermione was sitting in contemplative silence while Ron and Hagrid were congratulating Harry.

"Do any of you know why my broom acted like that?" Harry suddenly asked.

"The only way would be extremely powerful dark magic." Hagrid said. "But I don't know who would do it. What would they gain?"

"I think Snape did it." Hermione suddenly said. "Think About it. He hates Harry, Harry even found out that he tried to get past the three-headed dog on Halloween. Snape must not have liked loose ends." Hermione said to Ron and Harry's nods and Hagrid's shocked expression.

"You know about Fluffy?"

"You named a Cerberus, Fluffy?" I asked deadpan. "You named the guardian of the underworld. One of the most dangerous creatures known to man, Fluffy?" Hagrid looked at me confused as if wondering what was wrong with that. I sigh and shake my head.

"But I got him off some greek chappie and lent him to Dumbledore to guard the..." Hagrid cut off there and shut his mouth.

"Yes?" Harry asked eagerly, wondering what the package was.

"No. I won't tell you what Fluffy is guarding. So forget about it, you three are to completely ignore that corridor and whatever Fluffy is guarding. That is a trusted secret between Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel..." Hagrid slapped his mouth and groaned. Harry looked triumphant.

Author's Note:

sorry for it being so short, I just never liked sports, I never figured I would find something that I disliked more than it, And that's writing about sports. Also, i'm sorry for the extra bit of info about the Void, It made sense to me when I wrote about it.