• Published 15th Sep 2018
  • 996 Views, 38 Comments

Voidic and The Philosopher's Stone. - lightningman



As Voidic realizes He will be teaching at Hogwarts, He tries to set the course of the Harry Potter franchise on the right track.

  • ...
4
 38
 996

Chapter 13 - Schooling the Students

The next morning, I went with all of the first years, who had split off into 5 groups, The Hufflepuffs, The Slytherins, The Gryffindors, The Ravenclaws, and The Older Students. We walked into my classroom and the first thing I noticed was Pinkie Pie looking excited at the front of the classroom, she was practically vibrating in her chair. I then noticed that most of the other teacher's were in the class as well, including Minerva, Albus, Filius and Severus. Minerva and Albus's eyes both flicked over to me for barely a second before returning to look at the front like attentive students. The students were all mumbling to each other as they took their seats. You can probably figure out what they were asking.

"Professor Snape?" I heard Draco ask. "Are you going to be our teacher?" I could hear the enthusiasm in his voice as I looked towards them. Snape frowned and shook his head.

"No, Mr. Malfoy. In fact, I'm not even sure who the teacher is." Suddenly Pinkie stood up and went to the front and smiled at them all.

"HI Everybody!" She bounced around. The students looked confused before speaking.

"Hello, Mrs. Pie." Pinkie frowned slightly.

"Don't call me that. I'm barely older than all of you. Just call me Pinkie. I've been asked to direct your attention to the whiteboard." She pointed to what was obviously muggle technology. I looked and saw the teachers and Hermione frowning.

"Excuse me, Pinkie. But Muggle Technology doesn't...." She was cut off as the whiteboard suddenly lit up. And as if a video were playing, a hand began writing on it.

"Welcome Everybody, to the first class of Alternative Magics! Now, before we get going. I would just like to say that I'm happy that my fellow teachers are here to learn about Alternative Magics as well. Also, I would like everybody who has an idea of who I am, to raise their hand." About half of the students raised their hands. Including all of the Ravenclaws and the Older Students. Harry raised his hand as well, much to the shock of his fellow Gryffindors.

"Who thinks that it is a current teacher that you have met?" About 75% of those hands were kept up. "Well, you are wrong. I am not a teacher that you have met. Now, for those of you remaining, who do you think I am?" A few students looked to Fred and George and Harry, who all had their hands up. "You three are excluded since I already told you who I am." This was followed by a drawing of an angry face. Everyone laughed. Only three people had their hands up now. They were all part of the Hufflepuff group.

"Alright. Susan, Ernie and Hannah. Who do you think I am?" They all turned to me and pointed at me.

"You're the teacher!" They said in unison as everyone turned to look at me. I smiled and stood up, walking to the front.

"CORRECT!" I cried to a lot of gasp and rapid whitening of multiple faces. Most from the Slytherins and Ravenclaws, But Severus was one of the whiteners. Pinkie ran up to me and hugged me.

"YAY!!" She cried happily. "Now I don't have to pretend I don't know you!"

"Yes. that's good." I smile. "Now, Can I get back to my class, Pinkie?"

"OK, Xavy!" She said as she sat down in her chair. I chuckled and looked at everybody, who looked surprised.

"What? Oh, come on. A student that is very obviously much older than you entering your first year? And him having more power than he should for the age he is? You honestly didn't expect something else surprising about me?" I shook my head in mock disappointment. "Well, I should be glad that everybody kept their word they would keep my identity a secret until my first class, so I could surprise you all." I smile at them brightly from underneath my face mask. I then notice Hermione's hand in the air.

"Yeah, Hermione?"

"How did you get Muggle Technology to work in Hogwarts? The magic is supposed to malfunction all technology." She asked eagerly and slightly affronted at the obvious wrongness that was the technology in front of her eyes.

"Well, that's a fun little story." I smile. "You see, I asked Dumbledore here for a list of runes!" I held up the piece of paper that held all of the runes. "And I simply superimposed the words 'Dead Magic' around the technology. Any magic that happens around them is instantly rejected by the wards, thus protecting the technology." I smile and snapped my fingers and music began playing.

"Any more questions?" I asked as the music quietened after a few seconds, but it was still playing in the background. I looked and saw Draco raising his hand to my surprise.

"Yes, Draco?" I saw him frown slightly.

"So, this is all Muggle... Technology? But Muggles are just dumb." He said haughtily.

I glared hard at him as instantly all of the teachers and students instantly felt the Draco Malfoy was dead. I sighed and shook my head.

"I could say the same for wizards like you." There was instantly affrontation from a lot of the Slytherins. I glared at them.

"Do you realize what you guys are doing to yourself with your Pureblood agenda? Your causing Inbreeding and Malformations in your children. Your not making your magic stronger. You're just causing yourself to become worse than muggles. They don't inbreed, and even when they do, it causes the child suffering. You're just so used to it in your culture, that you find it normal. And you few anybody normal to be freaks and unworthy." I sigh and shake my head. "But that isn't what I'm supposed to be teaching today." I clap my hands. I then pull off my gloves to show my Outsider mark.

"I'm here to show you about all of the Alternative magics that I currently know about, whether they are real or fake." I began to pace the room.

"Now, There are hundreds of different Magics." I put my hand on the whiteboard and words began to be written down.

"There's Wizarding Magic. Occlumency. Sympathy. Sacrificial Magic. Mana, Runes, Alchemy, Innate Magic, Equestrian Magic, Dream magic, Time magic, and Void Magic. I have personally come across 8 of these magics. 2 of which are wielded by me and 5 of which are wielded by my brother. And by what I know, he is the only one that is capable of wielding Innate Magic. And from what I know, Innate Magic is unique to the caster that casts it." I looked and saw a Ravenclaw's hand in the air, as well as Hermione's.

"Yes, Su?" I asked. She blinked when I had said her name, obviously thinking I wouldn't know it.

"Um... What kind of Innate Magic does your Brother have? And isn't Equestrian Magic something to do with Horses?"

"OH, My brother's innate Magic is Electricity. He can manipulate electricity in ways that anybody else would find impossible. In fact, half of his entire body is made up of the stuff." I shrug. "People don't call him Lightningman for nothing."

"YOUR BROTHER IS LIGHTNINGMAN!" Dean Thomas asked in shock. I blink.

"You know about him?" I asked amused.

"Well, duh. When he got sucked into a portal and immediately got spat back out, looking older than before, people were filming that." I blink in surprise.

"Huh. I didn't know that." I shrug. "Eh, I'll talk to him whenever he comes to visit. And to answer your other question about Equestrian Magic. It does have something to do with them, but the ones who use it, prefer to be called ponies." I then nod to Pinkie Pie. "In fact, Pinkie Pie here is one of the only humans that can use it, and that's only because she's the human counterpart of one of the Elements of Harmony. It's really complicated, so I'll get back to that in one of my future classes, for now though. I think it's best that we show you." I walk over to a large black tarp and uncover it. Pinkie gasped at the brand new Pink drums that were uncovered and immediately zipped into the seat. "You see, Pinkie has two activations for her magic. One is to affect the people around her by using what her counterpart is the element for. Which is The Element of Laughter. But she can also play the drums and gain the same effect, only on a lesser level. Pinkie. If you would please." She lit up like a lightbulb as I hurried away.

Everyone stared at Pinkie in shock as she finished playing. She then hopped around as her new ears flapped around on the top of her head and the extended magical hair swung around. There was as they disappeared. I chuckle as Pinkie sat down again, looking with longing at the new drums

"Anyway. When Pinkie has that power, she can combine it with her friends to perform extraordinary feats, using Harmony Magic." I then put a video on showing them beating the Sirens.

I smile as that always got me straight in the heart every time it's shown. I then turn to the flabbergasted faces of everyone...

"Yes, Pinkie's friends are just as cartoonish as she is." A few people chuckled.

"Anyway. There is also Void Magic. And as far as I know." I raise my hand to show the mark. "I am the only one who is able to use it." Pinkie then puts a door beside me. I back up away from it and make my hand glow.

"What are you going to do? Open it?" a random Slytherin says as all of them chuckle. I then smirk at them and unleash a devastating windblast the completely shattered the door and caused everyone's hair to fly back, even moving the ones closest to me, back a few inches. I then smile.

"Harry, could you please come up here so I can demonstrate some more of my powers. Don't worry, You won't be harmed." Harry looks confused before coming up. "Good man." I then take get Possession ready. "You ready?" He nods as I use Possession. Everyone gasps as I suddenly disappear and they all look at Harry. He looks confused before he suddenly becomes rigid. In his mind, I moved him aside and put my mental hands on his controls.

"Hello Everybody! As you can see, my powers can be used for me to possess someone. For example. I can jump from person to person using this. And from what I know, there is no defence against it. Unless...." I make Harry's face light up. "IDEA!!" I cried as I jumped into Snape's mind. Harry got his mind back and rubbed his head. In Snape's mind, I noticed a shield that looked as if it were made of liquid. I chuckle and move right through it, moving snape's mental body aside and putting my hands on his control as I did for Harry.

"HI!" Snape suddenly said as he stood up. Everybody looked on in shock, obviously realizing that I had possessed Snape. "I'm Severus Snape. I'm one of the top potioneers on the earth! I like the Dark Arts, Making Potions, Causing the Potters Pain and... Hold on." I searched through some of his memories. "Are you... HAH!!!!! HAH HAH HAH HAH!" I doubled over. "I... Apparently like wearing perfume!" Everybody began laughing loudly I left Snape's body and reformed outside. I then smile as everyone calmed down, Snape looked absolutely murderous. While a couple others in the faculty were having difficulty keeping straight faces.

"Now. Another one of my abilities is Shadow Walk." I glow my hand start to walk into the wall, activating my magic, blending into the wall immediately. Everyone had a good portion of their shock worn down, but they clapped enthusiastically. I smile and reappear from my Shadow Walk and bow to them dramatically. I then look at Dumbledore.

"Hey Albus, Can you turn invisible? I want to show them Dark Vision." I smile. Dumbledore blinks before nodding and taking his wand out. He casts a charm and he instantly turns invisible so that normally, nobody can see him. "Good job, now, can you move to a random corner of the room. I'll turn away to give you a good chance. I turn around the cover my eyes. After a little bit, I turn back around. "Good, now that nobody knows where he is, this would be a good chance for him to surprise us right? But I have a little power called Dark Vision that allows me to see all living beings, even through walls. Invisibility shouldn't work against it." I smile and use Dark Vision, looking around the room. I smile.

"Pomona, reach out your left hand to besides you, you should touch Albus there." Sprout reaches her hand out and flinches back a little when she touches albus. Albus turns visible and looks at me with surprise clearly visible in his face. I smile.

"Another one of my powers, is called Blink. Would anyone care to guess what it does?" A few people raise their hands. "Hmm... Harry?" I point at him.

"It allows you to teleport."

"That's impossible." Hermione instantly says. "You can't teleport or apparate within school ground. The wards protect against that." I instantly smile and blink to in front of her. She shrieks and falls back on her chair. Quite a few people laugh as I help her up. She glares at me slightly. "BUT THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!! Hogwarts; A history, specifically says that it is impossible to apparate within school grounds."

"Ah. But I'm not apparating am I?" I smile as I go back to the front. "I'm Blinking," I smirk. I then turn to the class again. "Now, this next power is probably one of my most dangerous powers, well... Other than Summon Assassin." I shrug as a few people pale, now knowing I can summon an Assassin. "This power is called 'Devouring Swarm.'" I turn to Pinkie, who hands me a lump of meat. I take it.

"Everyone, get in the corner. I'll show you what it does. Everyone gulps and gets into a corner, but they make it so that everyone has a clear view of the opposite corner, where I'm going to be demonstrating the ability. I throw the meat into the corner and pull out a handle. A few people looked confused at it before I twirl it in my hand, revealing a gleaming sword of black metal. Almost all the girls gasp, and even some of the guys scream girlishly. It seems like their reactions were generally the same. I roll my eyes and focus on the corner, summoning the Devouring Swarm. Instantly, hundreds of rats pop out of a portal in the ground and begin to chomp on the meat noisily.

"Imagine this is a human body!" I yell at them over the noise. "They can kill someone and get rid of the evidence within seconds." Soon, they eat the meat and turn to everyone else. I blink into the midst of them and started to slice all of them up, they disappeared into smoke as I cut them up. A few were starting to escape, a few people shriek as I blink in front of them and destroy the remainder of the rats. I say as twirl my sword again and make the blade retract into the handle. Everyone shakily gets back to their seats. I cough to get Everyone's attention again.

"Now then. I've barely shown you half of my powers, so let's continue." I nod as I turn back to the board.

"Now, It is possible for two magics to crossover into each other. For example, I can crossover over Time magic with my Void magic. Princess Luna can also crossover Dream magic with Equestrian Magic." A few people looked confused at who Princess Luna is.

"Anyway. Let's show you Bend Time. See, normally, people can only stop or slow time dramatically with Bend Time. But as I'm possibly the strongest Void Magic User ever, I'm able to actually Reverse Time." A few people laugh at that, obviously not believing me. I smile and take a chair. Smashing it hard against the wall with a dull wooden BANG! It instantly broke apart. I then back up and I used an extremely strong Bend Time on the chair, it reformed back to normal and returned to the place I had taken it from. I smile at everyone's gaping faces.

"Now. I also have Passive powers, which are harder to show you, So I'll simply talk about them. I have Vitality, which basically makes me harder to kill. I have Blood Thirsty." A few people straighten up. "Oh don't act like that. I don't use it, I've only ever killed a bear before. You need to kill like three people before that power activates. There's also Agility, which allows me to have greater mobility. There's also Shadow Kill, Which, when I kill someone, they turn to ash." A few people gulp, including some of the teachers. "Oh come on, I won't kill any of you." I shake my head. "I also have another power called Arcane Bond, that Allows me to share my powers with other people. i'll be showing that off later. Um... There's a power I have called Domino, which allows me to connect 4 people up so that when falls unconscious or dead, they all share the fate as him. I have Doppelganger, which allows me to make a clone of myself. I Pull and Far Reach, which basically does the same thing, it pulls things toward me. There's mesmerize, which can enthrall up to 4 living beings. There's also Bone charm Crafting. I'll show what bone charms and runes are later. Plus, I have better Reflexes, and I'm Stronger than most people because of my powers. I have a power called Foresight, which allows me to assume a spiritual form and scout out a room. I have Semblance, which allows me to impersonate another human. Basically your Polyjuice Potion. I have Void Strike and Rat Whispers. Which allows me to listen to the voices of rats, obviously." I shrug. "I'm probably one of the most dangerous people in this school, And that's without Bone Charms even." I then pull out my backpack full of my bone charms and Runes.

"Pinkie. Don't let Fluttershy know I have these. Ok?" Pinkie nods before I pull out whalebone that the runes and Bonecharms were made of. A lot of people gasp and Pinkie frowns.

"Now, Runes are the only way for ordinary people to get more powers. Bone Charms give either you or your powers more power. See, I constantly wear Bone charms." I move my robes to show them a bandolier of bone charms.

"I have Blood Ox Heart. Which gives me more void magic Capacity. Acrobat, which gives me faster climbing. Both Spirited charms. Spiritual Pool. Which allows me faster magic regen. Strong Arms. Which is exactly like it sounds. Swift Shadow. Which allows faster movement. Tough Skin, which makes me harder to kill. Unnerving Target, Which makes people miss me more. and Both Whirlwinds, which allow me to swing my sword faster. I also have River Affinity, which allows faster swim speed. Void channel, which allows for better powers. Fencer, Good lungs, and Delicate touch. Light as a shadow, which allows for a better landing. Void surge, which gives me a chance to use no mana when I use powers. And I have a bunch more." (i'll just say the names here, if you want to know what they are, search them up.) I take a deep breath before speaking. "Agile will, Accommodating Host, Enduring allies, Resilient Allies, Restorative Glimmer, Shadow Embrace, Void Rapture, Agile Recovery, Ground Glider, Swift Stalker, Aquatic Nature, Leviathan's Mind, Unsteady Hand, Power Slash, Shivering silhouette, Leverage, Zephyr, Armoured Bones, Lightweight, Bright Moon, Dark Power, Expansive Spirit, Void Armour, Fleet Fighter, Hardiness, Life Bond, Mind Runner, Shadow Response, and finally Forceful Throw." Everyone blinked, surprised at the number of bone charms that I wear around my body.

"Now, Let's get back to Runes. You need a certain number of runes to unlock powers. For example, I needed three runes for Blink and eight runes for the second level of Bend Time. Only certain people don't need runes to unlock powers. And those are the Master of the Void. The last master of the void was The Outsider. And I have to say, his existence was horrible." I back up and show them a picture of him.

"This is the outsider, and he is either dead right now, or he was released back to life. Oh, yeah. I should mention, that is only his physical representation. His actual body was trapped into stone. Here, i'll tell you his full story." I take a deep breath and begin. "4025 years ago, The outsider was born, his name is a mystery, even to me. He was homeless and unwillingly subjected to a ritual that was done by an occult group, which are called The Cult of the Outsider, or previously known as The Envisioned. He was bathed, dressed and his hands were adorned with rings, As the old writings said. He was restrained on a ceremonial table that was called the Ritual Hold." I then look everyone in the eye. "And his throat was slit with the Twin-Bladed Knife." There were gasps. "He merged with the void, thus becoming The Outsider." I began to pace. "I sincerely hope that he's still alive. He was nice, all things considering." I smile remembering all the times I've spoken to him. "the last Time I spoke to him was when he gave me his last gift to me. A vault in Gringotts and... The title of Master of the Void."