• Published 22nd Sep 2018
  • 6,377 Views, 201 Comments

Tale of a Lost Scoots - RDfan27



The CMC start to notice that they never visit Scootaloo's house or meet her family. When they try to investigate, what they learn is truly shocking.

  • ...
10
 201
 6,377

Chapter 24 - Reunited

“And that’s where we’re at so far. They’re probably already approaching the town as we speak,” concluded Honeydew.

“Wow, I had no idea,” Twilight commented, shocked. The story she had told had been very similar to the one Blazing Fire had told Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. “I mean, I knew about the division, but I had no idea about all that. That’s horrible.”

Honeydew sighed. “I know it is. That’s why we have a rebellion in the first place. Nobody wants this, but it’s what we’ve been living with our whole lives. We can always hope for something more, but actually getting it is a whole other story.”

“Woah. I can’t believe it,” Applejack said.

Everyone was still in slight shock from the heart-wrenching story. Honeydew had also told the tale of the filly who was killed because of the two ponies, with just as much, if not more emotion than Blazing Fire. Even Pinkie Pie’s mane had gone flat, and her coat had taken on a much grayer shade of pink.

She shook her head, wiping away a tear. ’You can feel sorry about the past later. Right now, there’s another filly that needs you. You’ve already let one down. DON’t, let it happen again.’

“So,” she said, changing the topic to the issue at hoof. “How’s Apple Bloom doing? Rainbow said she’d be released tomorrow, is that correct?”

“Yes, it is. She seems to be doing a lot better today. She was awake this morning, and was doing just fine.” Twilight made a mental note to talk to Honeydew in private later about everything she had just learned.

’She’s hiding something,’ Twilight thought. ’I know that the memory may be bothering her, and that’s understandable, but I just feel like there’s something more she’s not telling us…’

“So, if that’s Apple Bloom, then I’m guessing that Sweetie Belle would be the one laying in bed next to her?” Honeydew guessed.

“Yep, that’s her alright. Poor thing hasn’t said a word since the incident. The only time she even looked alive was when Apple Bloom woke up earlier. She jumped up there to be with her and hasn’t left her side since,” Twilight said, casting a solemn gaze in the direction of the two sleeping fillies.

Honeydew looked at the two of them sadly. “That’s terrible,” she said in a near whisper. “I really hope she starts to improve soon.”

“Me too,” Twilight agreed. “I have a feeling they’ll be leaning on each other for support quite a lot in the near future.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean. I would do the same in their position.”

“So, you’ll be back in the morning to get us?” Twilight asked, changing the subject as she turned back to face her.

“Yes. I’ll be back early tomorrow morning, and then we can leave as soon as she’s released.

“Sounds good. We’ll see you in the morning,” Twilight said, beginning to make her way towards the door.

Honeydew noticed this and began to follow her out of the room. “Bye, everyone. See you tomorrow,” she called as she exited.

To Honeydew’s surprise, Twilight followed her all the way down to the lobby, and out into the street. She paused before she took off. “Was there something you wanted to talk about?” she asked.

“Actually,” Twilight paused. “There was something. What is it that was bothering you so much back there? I mean, I know about the foal and all, but I had a feeling that wasn’t the whole story. Is there something else you’re hiding?’

Honeydew sighed. “Y-yeah, actually. There is something else. It’s… about Rainbow.”

“What about her?” Twilight asked.

“There was more to that story that I told you earlier,” Honeydew began, seemingly ignoring Twilight’s inquiry. “I-it wasn’t another couple that we were talking about… it was us.” Twilight gasped, a hoof shooting up to her mouth in shock.

“W-what?” Twilight asked.

Honeydew sighed. “I know. It’s not our proudest time. We try not to even remember it when we can,” she said with a downcast expression.

“But why did you have to lie?” Twilight asked suspiciously.

“Because… Rainbow Dash can’t know the truth.”

“Why not?”

“Well, after we quit working with the government, it took us a while, but we decided to have a foal of our own. I guess to make up for what we had done to all of those other foals. At first, we didn’t think we deserved to have a family, but eventually, our determination to make up for what we’d done won out over the guilt. So, we had a daughter… and then we had another, about a year later.”

“Wait, two daughters? I thought you said you only had one,” Twilight questioned.

Honeydew’s ears folded back, her head dropping as a single tear rolled down her cheek. “No, I said we only ‘have,’ one.”

Twilight gasped loudly. “Oh my gosh!, I’m so sorry. W-what happened?” she asked frantically.

Honeydew tried to hold back her tears for the time being. “For the longest time, we didn’t know ourselves. I always suspected the government hired one of their ‘workers’ to do it, but we could never prove it. But now, I know what happened. I’m not sure how, but she must’ve escaped, and somehow stumbled upon a portal to your world.”

“But… how can you be so sure?” Twilight asked.

“Because…” she said, before pausing. “Rainbow Dash is our daughter,”

***

Rainbow Dash’s heart steadily beat faster and faster. She bore a hole through the door with her eyes as Blazing Fire knocked.

“Come in,” they heard someone call from the other side.

Time seemed to stand still at that very moment. The opening door taking minutes to swing all the way open, but when it did, it was the best moment of Rainbow Dash’s life.

Laying down in a bed on the far side of the room, fast asleep, was Scootaloo, her daughter. Slowly, she entered the room, everyone around her remaining motionless, waiting to see what would happen.

She carefully made her way over to the bed, fighting back tears of joy. When she was there, standing over her daughter’s sleeping form, she couldn’t hold it back any longer. The tears flowed freely from her eyes.

She reached her head down, nuzzling the top of her daughter’s head. “Scoots. Wake up. I’m here,” she said through waves of pure joy.

Scootaloo slowly stirred, before her eyes fluttered open. The first thing she saw when she opened her eyes, were those of her mother, staring back at her for the first time since they had been separated. Scootaloo gasped, her eyes shooting open. “M-mom?” she asked, afraid that this was just another dream.

Rainbow Dash brought a hoof up to her daughter’s face. “Hey, Squirt. It’s me.”

Tears streamed down both of their faces, and Scootaloo threw herself around her mother, as she was quickly scooped up into a hug. Scootaloo sobbed openly into her mother’s shoulder, as Rainbow Dash silently cried tears of joy.

“I love you Scoots. I love you,” Rainbow said through her tears.

Scootaloo’s sobs, which had just begun to quiet down, came back at full force when she heard this.

“I-I love y-you too m-momma!” Scootaloo cried loudly. Her broken hoof was hurting because of the tight hug, but she didn’t care. All she cared about was being back in her mother’s arms at long last.

A minute of bone-crushing hugs later, Scootaloo winced from a particularly sharp pain that shot up through her broken leg. “Ow!” she yelped, jumping back and holding it up to keep her weight off of it.

Instantly, Rainbow Dash was on top of it, examining the leg with a scrutinizing eye. “What happened?” she asked although her question was directed more at the other adult pony in the room than at Scootaloo herself.

“It’s from the attack,” explained Tidal Wave, the first she had spoken since Rainbow Dash had entered. “She broke her leg before she escaped.”

Rainbow Dash, who had turned to look at the other mare while she was speaking, turned back to look at her daughter. “Oh, Scoots,” she said sympathetically while her daughter fought so hard to keep a brave face for her hero. “Come here,” she said before scooping her up into a much gentler embrace than before.

“I-I’m f-f-fine,” Scootaloo said through gritted teeth.

“No, you’re not… and it’s my fault,” Rainbow Dash said solemnly.

“W-what? How is it your fault?” she asked incredulously.

“Because I didn’t protect you. You’re my daughter, and I let you get lost in a random world, get foalnapped, and almos— almost…” Rainbow Dash could not finish. She broke into sobs.

“Mom! Stop! It’s not your fault. It was my fault. I was the one who stumbled into this place. I was the one who was stupid enough to trust those strangers.”

“That doesn’t change the fact that I let it happen!” Rainbow Dash yelled. She took a deep breath, trying to calm her emotions. “I’m sorry Scoots. I promise I will NEVER, let anything happen to you again.”

“Thanks, Mom,” she said, hugging her close. That’s when she noticed who was standing in the doorway. “Fluttershy?” she asked. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh!” Fluttershy exclaimed before walking forward quickly, surprised at the sudden recognition. “Um, yes. I came too,” she said sheepishly.

“Cool, did anyone else come?” she asked.

“Actually,” Rainbow Dash started. “They’re not here yet, but we all came.”

Scootaloo looked confused. “What do you mean, ‘we all?’ “

“I mean all of us. Twilight, Fluttershy, me, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom. All of us.”

“Woah! All of you came here just to come find me?” she asked incredulously, to which Rainbow Dash only nodded. “But… why? Why did all of you come to find me?”

“Scootaloo, because I love you. Because we all care about you, and we want you to be safe. When we all heard of it, everyone dropped everything to come and look for you. That’s why Spike isn’t here, or Starlight. They both wanted to come, but someone needed to watch over Twilight’s school, so they couldn’t.”

Scootaloo was dumbfounded. She had no idea that everyone cared this much about her. She would be crying once again right now if only she had any tears left to cry. “B-but why do all of you care so much? I’m just a useless little filly who can’t even fly,” she said in a mumble.

“Hey! You are not useless! We all care about you Scootaloo. Don’t worry about whether you can fly or not. It doesn’t matter. All that matters is you. I love you Scoots.”

“I love you too Mom.”

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! I really hope you enjoyed this one. I know it took a while, but we finally made it! The reunion happened! I'm sorry if it seemed like it would never happen, but we're finally there, and now we can move into the next big story arc, dealing with the government and all of that. If you have any suggestions or anything you would like to see in this upcoming arc, let me know and I will take it into consideration. I'll see you all next week! :scootangel:

Edit:
Noticed some issues after completion. They have been fixed now.