• Published 22nd Sep 2018
  • 6,351 Views, 201 Comments

Tale of a Lost Scoots - RDfan27



The CMC start to notice that they never visit Scootaloo's house or meet her family. When they try to investigate, what they learn is truly shocking.

  • ...
10
 201
 6,351

Chapter 33 - Almost Home

Rainbow Dash sat next to Tidal Wave, reflecting in silence. ‘How could that be right? There’s no way. I have two parents back in Equestria. There’s no way I could be her sister. But then again, I seriously doubt she would lie about something like this.’

Tidal Wave simply sat there in silence, contemplating whether to stay or go, all the while wondering if she had just made a grave mistake. Just as she began to stand up, Rainbow Dash turned to her and asked: “How?”

It was a simple question, but at the same time, it was the most complicated question she could have asked.

“How what?” Tidal Wave asked, a noticeable shake in her voice.

“How? I don’t get it. I’ve got two parents at home who I’ve known for as long as I can remember, and my dad even has rainbow hair like mine. I mean, it would explain why I look so much like your mom, but I don’t understand.”

‘Well, at least she’s not mad. That’s a start.’ Tidal Wave sighed sadly, although there was a slight glimmer of hope that now shone in her eyes. “Honestly, I don’t know. I think you might want to go talk to my parents about it. They would know more than I would.”

Rainbow Dash put her hoof to her chin in thought. After a minute though, she put it down and nodded to herself resolutely. “I think that can wait. We’ve got more important things to worry about for now.”

Tidal Wave’s hopeful smile that had been slowly growing on her face throughout the conversation dropped immediately. “Oh. O-okay. I’ll see ya later then.”

Rainbow Dash stood and began to walk back towards her room but after a few steps, she stopped and turned back to Tidal Wave.

“Oh, I almost forgot. You need any help packing sis?”

***

“So,” Twilight began as they all stood together once again in the conference room. “Is everyone ready for this?”

As everyone at the table nodded in approval, Twilight took a minute to look around. All of her friends, including a few new ones, surrounded her in support. They put their trust in her, and she was about to lead them into possible danger. There was no telling what Brimstone may do. She was so powerful, she had no reason to hold true to her word. And if she didn’t, there would be little they could do to stop her. She could be leading her friends to their death…

Shaking these thoughts from her head, she put on a reassuring smile. “Alright then. Let’s go!”

***

They had been walking along the beach for what felt like hours, and night had fallen a long time ago.

Applebloom had long since resorted to riding on her sister’s back, due to her injured leg. Scootaloo’s injuries were doing much better, but she also did not last long walking on her own. It wasn’t long after this that Rarity scooped up Sweetie Belle so she could get some much-needed rest as well. All three were quickly asleep, especially Scootaloo, who had Fluttershy’s wing as a blanket as she lay comfortably on Rainbow Dash’s back.

The sight brought a tear to Twilight’s eye. The beginnings of a wonderful family. They were only just beginning, yet they had already been through so much and she doubted there was anything short of death that could break a bond like that. She only hoped it wouldn’t come to that.

“You doing okay?” Honeydew asked, moving to walk beside Twilight.

“Yeah, just a little worried. Hard not to be when you’re practically at the mercy of an all-powerful goddess.” Even at this nerve-wracking time, they managed a quick laugh.

“Well, when you put it like that, it’s hard not to see where you’re coming from,” she said with a nervous smile. “I’d tell you not to worry, but I can already tell that you’re the kind of pony who would just worry anyway.”

“H-hey! I don’t worry that much,” she said, looking away with an embarrassed blush.

“Twilight. I’ve known you for a matter of days, and I can already tell that you worry all the time, but that’s not a bad thing. It means you care for your friends. The bond you all share is stronger than the bond between a lot of families… well, maybe not that one,” she said, motioning with her head towards Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Scootaloo, who was practically sandwiched between the two older ponies. Twilight chuckled.

“Yeah, I noticed that. They really do all love each other, don’t they? I’m amazed at how well Scootaloo is taking to Fluttershy. Before she was separated from Dash, they hadn’t become a couple yet. It was just Dash.”

“That’s what’s so great about young ponies,” Honeydew said. “While adults spend their whole lives running from change, fillies like Scootaloo embrace it with open arms and try to make the best of it. It’s almost magical in a way.”

“You’re right about that. Those three fillies never cease to amaze me.”

Twilight looked around, just now realizing that they were approaching the portal.

“Oh, wow. Look everypony, we’re here,” Twilight said as they approached the clearing.

Everyone seemed to suddenly snap out of their traveling stupor and also began to realize where they were. The sudden spike in conversation also woke the CMC, who attempted to blink the sleep out of their eyes.

“We’re here already?” Scootaloo asked sleepily.

“We sure are sweetie,” Fluttershy responded caringly. “You were out for a long time.”

“Oh,” Scootaloo said, blushing slightly as she realized how she was being held. “Y-you can let go of me now.”

“Oh, okay,” Fluttershy said dejectedly, retracting her wing.

“Wait! Uhh, actually I am kinda cold, so I wouldn’t really mind I guess,” Scootaloo’s blush that she furiously fought, only seemed to grow stronger. Fluttershy’s caring smile returned as she, and most of the others fought back laughter.

“Sure thing, Scootaloo.”

Twilight’s smile didn’t fade as they approached the portal. “Okay everypony. I have to hold the portal open. I’ll step through to make sure it’s safe. As soon as I get through, I’ll open it back up from that side and hold it open for all of you.”

Everypony, even the fillies, nodded in approval, and Twilight turned to face the portal. Taking a deep breath, she focused her magic and began to feel around for the portal. She found it and quickly yanked it open, resulting in a dramatic display of lights. Before anyone could even tell what had happened, Twilight was through, with the portal closing directly behind her.

True to her word, it was only a few seconds later that the portal magically shimmered back to life.

Being the closest to the portal, Applejack stepped up to the portal. “Don’t y’all be waiting around now. Let’s get a move on!” she yelled, jumping through the portal with her sister hanging tightly onto her back. Rarity followed directly behind her with Sweetie Belle. Fluttershy was about to follow them with Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo, but Rainbow Dash stopped.

“I think our guests should go first,” she said, looking over at Blazing Fire, Honeydew, and Tidal Wave. “After you.”

“Thank you, Rainbow Dash,” Tidal Wave said, and they walked forward, entering the portal one by one until only three ponies remained.

“Well Scoots, it’s been a long journey. It’s time to go home. After you Fluttershy.”

“Thanks, Dashie.”

Scootaloo looked shocked. “Rainbow! I thought only Pinkie cou—”

“Oh, hush,” she said, her cheeks turning slightly pink. “You heard nothing.”

Fluttershy giggled, stepping forward to enter the portal.

“Oh, you didn’t think you would get away that easy, now did you?”

“Huh?” Rainbow Dash said, spinning around and looking for the voice. Suddenly, Rainbow Dash felt a weight lift off of her back.

“AAAAAAAH. MOOOOOM!!” Scootaloo cried as she was violently hoisted into the air.

“Scootaloo! I’m coming!” Rainbow Dash launched into the air, directly at Brimstone, who now appeared in the air, carrying Scootaloo in her magic beside of her. Brimstone laughed, clearly misjudging the speed of the rainbow-colored blur darting towards her as she tried to duck out of the way a second too late, and was hit full-force by a prismatic rocket.

“Oof!” she grunted, flying backwards through the air and dropping Scootaloo in the process. Rainbow Dash, acting on instinct, dove towards her daughter, catching her in midair. Without a second to pause, she launched Scootaloo through the air, towards Fluttershy who was still standing directly in front of the portal, watching in horror as tears streamed down her face.

“GO!” Rainbow Dash screamed at the top of her lungs. “Get her out of here! Go now!”

Fluttershy caught Scootaloo, throwing the filly onto her back, before quickly diving through the portal.

Brimstone was already back up. Her horn flashed, and just before Rainbow Dash made it to the portal, it disappeared, leaving Rainbow Dash to slam face-first into a tree. She looked up, dazed from the impact.

Brimstone approached, seething with rage.

“Do you realize what you’ve done?” She asked threateningly as she raised her hoof. “You little—”

That was the last thing Rainbow Dash heard as her hoof came crashing down into her face, turning her vision black.

Author's Note:

We've made it! We are finally here! Only one more small chapter left to wrap it all up! I really hope you all liked this, and please don't hate me for doing this! It had to be done to get ready for the sequel!!!! Anyways, see you all next time! Don't forget to like the story if you enjoyed.