• Published 22nd Sep 2018
  • 6,358 Views, 201 Comments

Tale of a Lost Scoots - RDfan27



The CMC start to notice that they never visit Scootaloo's house or meet her family. When they try to investigate, what they learn is truly shocking.

  • ...
10
 201
 6,358

Chapter 5 - Discoveries

Rainbow Dash walked into her cloud home with Scootaloo on her back. With Fluttershy there for support, she was finally ready for the daunting task: getting Scootaloo to talk about her past. She hated asking this of Scootaloo, but it had to be done, she had already waited long enough.

Once inside, Dash trotted over to the couch and bent down to allow Scootaloo to hop onto the couch. All of the furniture in Dash's house was made of cloud, so it was all quite comfy.

Rainbow Dash started hesitantly "So...”

Scootaloo interrupted her chuckling nervously, "D-does anypony want a snack? I can run and get a snack. Or, uh, how about a drink? I'm sure you're all thirsty after the flight up here."

Dash let out a sad sigh. "Scootaloo, I hate asking you to do this. I know this is going to be hard on you, but we have to know what happened with your parents." Scootaloo's smile faltered and let out a sigh. She knew Rainbow Dash was right, she knew this had to come out eventually.

Fluttershy cleared her throat, causing both of the others to look at her. "You know," Fluttershy began, "when she came to me about this, she started crying because she knew it would hurt you." Scootaloo's jaw dropped at this. Rainbow shot Fluttershy a death glare, who just smirked sheepishly in response.

"Really?" Scootaloo asked incredulously. "Mom, is that true? Were you... c-crying again...over m-me?" Dash dropped her glare at Fluttershy, and turn and gave her daughter a sad smile.

"Yeah, it's true," Dash said defeatedly, tears welling up in her eyes. "I just care about you so much and seeing you hurt really worries me." At this point, tears started to well up in Scootaloo’s eyes. Dash reached lovingly to her daughter, which Scootaloo gladly returned as she dug her muzzle into her mother's shoulder.

"I-I... l-love you, Mom," Scoots said through sobs.

"I love you too Squirt," Dash said as she comforted her little filly. After a few minutes, Scootaloo stopped crying, and they broke the hug. "You alright Squirt?" Dash asked worriedly.

"Yeah," Scoots said as she wiped tears from her eyes. "It's just... nopony has ever cared about me like this before."

"Well, you have me now, and I'm never leaving. I love you so much," Dash said, leaning in to nuzzle Scootaloo.

Scootaloo chuckled, "Love you too, mom,” Scootaloo said, looking up at Dash as she wiped away a few tears of her own. “Now don't go getting too sappy on me."

Dash smilied. "I'll try, but no promises." Dash joked, making Scootaloo laugh. "Now, are you ready to talk?"

Scootaloo's smile faded, and she let out a sigh. "Yeah, I guess so. What do you want to know?"

"Well," Fluttershy cut in. "We'd like to know what happened before you came to Ponyville." Scootaloo perked up a little at that, surprising both of the older pegasi.

"Oh," Scootaloo said. "Well, I don't remember that all too well."

Dash looked at Scootaloo with surprise. "R-really? I thought that... you know, with what you had said about your parents and all..."

"Oh, that," Scootaloo said, realizing the reason for her surprise. "Well, all I really remember is the conversation. I overheard my parents talking about how they thought I would never amount to anything, and how I was a failure, and a disappointment. You know, all of that stuff."

By this point, Dash was practically boiling with rage. "Why, when I get my hooves on them—"

"But," Scootaloo said, effectively cutting off her mom. "That doesn't matter to me anymore. I've got Dash, who sees my true potential, and loves me way more than they ever did."

Dash calmed down after and leaned in to nuzzle her daughter once more. "That's awesome Squirt. You know, you're a lot stronger than most ponies. Most ponies would never get over that. But you are one awesome little filly, the strongest pony I know.

Scootaloo gasped, "R-really?" she asked in surprise. "Do you really think I'm that awesome?"

"No... I know so!" Dash said, earning a grin from the filly.

Fluttershy stifled a laugh. That grin was just so adorable. "So, what exactly do you remember Scootaloo?" She asked calmly.

Scootaloo put her hoof to her chin in thought. "Not much. I don't even remember what my parents looked like. All I remember is running away from them. I must have ran into Everfree Forest, because that’s where I woke up. And, that's about it. Like I said, not much that I can remember."

Dash and Fluttershy were just staring at Scootaloo in shock. "Wait, so you ran away?" Fluttershy asked curiously. Scootaloo blushed, not realizing that she hadn't mentioned that part yet.

"Hehe... yeah, guess I forgot to mention that part. I just wish I could remember more. All I can remember is that they didn't want me and that I ran." Scootaloo sighed. "I'm sorry I can't remember more,"

"I guess I may be useless after all." Scootaloo said, tears began to form in the corners of her eyes.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Dash exclaimed, as both her and Fluttershy wrapped her into a hug. "You are not useless! Don't you ever think that!"

"Yeah, so what you can't remember something. Everypony forgets things.We’ll figure it out, and even if we don't, there's no harm done. This is only for our information, and Twilight's, if you want." Fluttershy said with a warm smile.

Scootaloo sniffled. "R-really? Y-you really mean that?" Scootaloo said, looking up at Fluttershy with tear filled eyes.

"Of course sweetie," Fluttershy said, as she hugged the little filly tighter. Rainbow smiled, she was glad to see the two favorite ponies in her life getting along so well.

Once Scootaloo had stopped crying, she let out a big yawn. Both mares released the hug, and smiled at each other. "Sounds like it's somepony's time to go to bed," said Rainbow Dash.

Scootaloo let out another yawn. "But I don't wanna go to bed. I'm not tired yet," Scootaloo whined, with droopy eyelids.

Fluttershy giggled. "Aww, so cute," she said, smiling.

"Hey, I am not cute." Scootaloo said, letting out another yawn.

"Alright Squirt, if you say so," Rainbow said with a chuckle. "I'll see you tomorrow Fluttershy. It's time for a certain little filly to get some sleep."

"Okay," Fluttershy said, smiling down at the half-asleep filly. "See you tomorrow... Dashie," Fluttershy said, making Dash blush at her nickname. With that, Fluttershy turned around and left Dash's cloud home.

"Alright Scoots, hop on," Dash said, bending down to let Scootaloo hop onto her back. She hopped on and the two made their way to Scootaloo's room.

When Scootaloo saw where they were, she frowned slightly. "Um, mom?" Scootaloo asked tentatively.

"Yeah Squirt?" Dash asked, stopping in front of her daughter's bed.

"Well, um... I was, um, wondering, if I could... maybe, sleep with you again?" Scootaloo asked hopefully.

Dash smiled. "Sure thing kiddo." Dash turned around and headed back out of Scootaloo's room and towards her own. Dash walked over to her bed and Scootaloo hopped down onto the bed. Rainbow Dash laid down next to her, wrapping a wing around her daughter in a tight embrace, as the little filly snuggled up tight to her chest.

Scootaloo let out a loud yawn. "Night, mom."

Rainbow smiled warmly as she closed her eyes. "Night sweetie. Love you."

Scootaloo smiled and closed her eyes as well. "Love you too."

***

After school the next day, Scootaloo and her friends sat in their clubhouse, discussing cutie mark problems. Business had been especially slow lately, and they didn't have any appointments today.

Scootaloo was still thinking about what had happened the previous night, and what Fluttershy had said. She said there were other ways to figure out what happened. Like what? Was there a spell? Was it a potion? Was it some type of flower?

"Scootaloo!" Sweetie Belle shouted, snapping the pegasus back to reality.

"Huh! Wh-what happened? What did I miss?" Scootaloo said frantically.

Sweetie Belle sighed. "Alright Scoots, what's going on? That's the third time today you've been daydreaming."

Scootaloo blushed. "Hehe, oops. Sorry about that. I've just got a lot on my mind."

"Like what?" Applebloom asked.

"Well, I was thinking, you know how I can't really remember what happened before I came to Ponyville? Well, I was talking to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy about it, and Fluttershy said there were other ways to figure out what happened. I was just wondering what she meant by that. Do you gals think there's a spell or something?"

"You mean like a potion?" Applebloom asked excitedly. "I'm pretty sure Zecora has a potion like that. I've seen them before."

"Really!?" Scootaloo asked. "Then what are we doing here? Let's go!"

"Yeah!" They all shouted at the same time, and of they went into the Everfree Forest.

***

"Ahh, so it is a memory potion you need. I may be of some assistance, but I will require some help first, from you three," said Zecora.

"So how can we help?" Applebloom asked.

"Hmm... I can help you see, what you need to see, but first, you must find a flower for me" Zecora said cryptically as usual.

"Oh, so you need another ingredient before you can make the potion. But, you can make it, right?" Scootaloo guessed.

"Mhmm," Zecora said with a nod. Zecora pulled out a picture of a flower from a saddle bag next to her cauldron.

“This is the flower I need. Find it for me, and I can make your potion, indeed,” she said, handing the picture to the girls. And with that, they set off into the forest.

***

"Come on gals, hurry up!" Scootaloo said, galloping ahead of her friends, darting her head back and forth..

"Wai... wait up!" Sweetie shouted between pants.

"Yeah," Applebloom chimed in “How can you even tell if we passed the flower if yer running around like that?”

Scootaloo skidded to a halt. "Hehe oops," Scootaloo said, eliciting a groan from her friends.

They began looking around for the flower, although much slower now, making sure to search carefully. Scootaloo took out the picture of the flower.

It was shaped like a tulip, but with much more petals, and the color was a gradient, a bright yellow at the bottom to a light blue at the top.

“Ugh,” Sweetie Belle groaned. “Its gotta be somewhere around here..” Then, she saw it.

Sitting in the middle of a clearing, with the sun shining perfectly through the trees. "I see it! I see it!" Scootaloo shouted, racing past Sweetie Belle.

"Scootaloo! Wait up!" Applebloom shouted as they raced after Scootaloo.

Sweetie Belle and Applebloom stopped just short of the clearing. Scootaloo approached the flower, taking a closer look at it. It was in fact tulip shaped, and the sunlight shining through the clearing perfectly encapsulated the bright yellow and blue of the flower. She held up the picture up next to it.

“Yep, this is it,” Scootaloo said, smiling widely at her friends. She reached down to pick the flower.Then, for some unknown reason, a weird feeling welled up in the pit of Applebloom’s stomach.

“Uh.. Scoots? I don’t think you should touch it,” she said, a hint of worry in her voice.

But Scootaloo didn’t listen, and the moment she touched it a massive flash of blinding light erupted from the flower, momentarily disorienting Sweetie Belle and Applebloom.

After blinking the spots out of their eyes, they looked back into the clearing. Their hearts sank.

The flower was gone without a trace.

And so was Scootaloo.

Author's Note:

Thank you to everyone for reading, and I hope you enjoyed. We’re just now starting to get to the good stuff. I apologize for all the fluff In this chapter, but we’re getting to the action soon. I want to give a special thanks to K9theBrony for proofreading this chapter, and helping me get it ready for all of you to read.