• Published 22nd Sep 2018
  • 6,368 Views, 201 Comments

Tale of a Lost Scoots - RDfan27



The CMC start to notice that they never visit Scootaloo's house or meet her family. When they try to investigate, what they learn is truly shocking.

  • ...
10
 201
 6,368

Chapter 25 - Preparations Begin

It was the morning of the following day, and Apple Bloom was getting checked out for the final time before she was released. Honeydew and Twilight stood outside of the hospital room, talking.

“Ok, I believe I should be able to teleport all of us there,” Twilight said, going over some calculations in her head.

Honeydew’s eyes went wide. “What? I don’t know that many unicorns, but I didn’t know that was possible. I mean, that’s 7 ponies over a distance of a many hour flight. Wouldn’t that take a lot of magic?” she asked, dumbfounded.

“Yeah, you’re half right. It would take a lot of power, which would be a problem for any normal unicorn, but I’m no normal unicorn. I’m an alicorn, and I have well over enough power to take twice as many ponies twice as far.”

Honeydew’s jaw dropped. She had really underestimated the capabilities of this pony.

“I mean, of course, I’ll have to do it in stages, and we may have to walk just a little, because, I don’t know if you know this, but I can’t teleport to somewhere that I haven’t already been. The other option is to teleport to somewhere within eyesight. I can at least teleport us to the tops of those mountains, and we can just walk over the top until we get a clear view of the town, when I’ll just teleport us the rest of the way down the mountain. Sound good?”

“Umm… yeah,” agreed Honeydew, who had been fully prepared to make a multiple day trek around the mountains, due to the non-pegasi ponies with them. Instead, though, it looked as if this was going to be the quickest trip across the mountains she had ever taken.

“Great. Now then, if I’m correct, Scootaloo should be finishing up soon. Why don’t you head downstairs and go wait for us outside? We’ll be out in a few,” Twilight said, turning to open the door and let herself in.

“Hey, Twilight,” Honeydew called, stopping the mare in her tracks.

“Yes, Honeydew? What is it?”

“I just… I wanted to thank you. For, ya know, everything yesterday,” she said sheepishly, scuffing the floor below her with a hoof.

Twilight smiled softly, retracting her hoof from its position on the door, before slowly trotting up to Honeydew and wrapping her up in a comforting embrace. “Don’t worry about it. I was glad to help. And I promise I won’t tell her yet. You can tell her when you’re ready.” Twilight pulled back from the hug, meeting Honeydew’s grateful eyes with caring ones of her own.

Honeydew gave a small smile, silently thanking Twilight with just a look, but the look said all that needed to be said.

With nothing else said, Twilight turned and made her way into the room, followed closely by her new friend. When they entered, they were greeted by the sight of Applebloom awake in bed with a nurse standing next to her. Her friends were seated around the room, watching boredly as the nurse finished writing a few things down on a chart, finishing up with Apple Bloom’s examination.

“Aaand, there! All set,” she said, turning to Applejack. “I just need you to sign this, and you can be on your way.” Applejack took the clipboard from the nurse, signing where she was instructed to.

As soon as all of the paperwork was taken care of, all of the older ponies stood up, with Apple Bloom carefully getting onto Applejack’s back, and Sweetie Belle hopping up onto Rarity’s, before they made their way out of the room, each uttering a polite ‘thank you’ to the nurse as they passed.

They walked down the stairs and out of the hospital for what was hopefully the last time. Once they had exited the building, they walked to a nearby grassy area, mostly devoid of other ponies, before Twilight announced her plan to the rest of them.

“I’ve decided that it would be best to teleport to the town, since it would take us forever to get there, seeing as we don’t all have wings,” Twilight said. Unlike Honeydew, her friends did not doubt her magical ability, so the only question was raised by Applejack.

“Wait, couldn’t that hurt Apple Bloom? I mean, she did just get out of the hospital and all.”

“It shouldn’t, but I was already planning on casting a protection spell on her just to be safe,” Twilight said, ever the one to take charge and be prepared. “So are you all ready?” Twilight asked, looking around at each of them for confirmation.

Each gave a nod and a hum of approval as she looked their way, minus the still silent Sweetie Belle.

With a sad sigh at her persistent silence, Twilight stepped back, lighting her horn and aiming it at Apple Bloom. With a quick flash, Apple Bloom’s injuries were encased in a light purple glow for a few seconds, before the light dissipated, along with the glow from Twilight’s horn.

“Alright then. Now we’re ready,” Twilight said, stepping up next to her friends and looking towards the distant mountains. FInding the furthest suitable point on the mountains she could, Twilight focused on it, before lighting her horn and closing her eyes in focus. Her horn glowed much brighter now, and all seven ponies were encased in a bright purple aura. The aura slowly shrank for a few moments, before collapsing in on itself in a bright flash, momentarily blinding anypony that had happened to be looking at that moment. A second later, with another bright flash, they reappeared at the top of a nearby mountain.

Twilight opened her eyes. “Alright, now only a few more to go.”

It was approximately ten minutes later when they finally made their last teleport, reappearing right on the edge of the town. “And, there,” Twilight said, slightly out of breath. “That was easy enough.” She used a hoof to wipe away a few droplets of sweat that had appeared on her forhead.

“Alright then,” Honeydew said, eager to get started into the town. “Follow me. We’ll be heading to the local bakery.”

Pinkie Pie seemed to perk up at this as they began walking, or in her case, bounding, into town. “Ooh! A bakery! Is it good? Can we get some sweets while we’re there?” she asked excitedly.

Honeydew chuckled. “Sorry Pinkie, but it’s not very good. With such a small town, there aren’t really too many ponies interested in baking.”

Pinkie Pie’s ears drooped at this, and her excited bounding ceased. Only for a moment though, as she quickly perked back up.

“Oh well. It can’t be that bad. I’ll still try something while we’re there,” Pinkie Pie said decidedly.

It did not take them long to reach the bakery, and soon, they were pushing open the doors and trotting inside. As with Rainbow Dash and Blazing Fire, all eyes seemed to turn to them as they entered, and they all imediately felt the gazes now fixed upon them. Pinkie Pie even seemed to slow her pace at the feeling of uneasiness in the crowded bakery.

They quickly made their way up to the counter, following right behind Honeydew. The pony behind the counter seemed surprised at seeing her here.

“Oh! Honeydew! Long time no see. What brings you here today?” the stallion behind the counter asked politely.

“Oh, I’m sure you already know,” she responded in a cryptic manner.

“Ahh, I see. Here to greet our new arrival?”

“Well, more to bring these ponies to see her,” she said with a gesture towards the ponies standing awkwardly behind her. “But yes, we have come to see her.”

“Very well then, if you all will follow m—” he was quickly cut off by Pinkie Pie.

“Wait just a second!” she interjected way too loudly. “Do you have any sweets?”

After some insistence by Pinkie Pie, the pony behind the counter reluctantly handed over some of the sweets they did have. Much to Pinkie Pie’s dissapointment though, Honeydew had been right. The sweets were terrible.

Without further delay, they made their way behind the counter and followed the stallion into a back corridor. The whole way, Pinkie Pie was desperately trying to get the awful taste of those sweets out of her mind, all the while wondering, ’How in Equestria do you mess up chocolate?’

Soon, they had made their way through several different doors and hallways, before finally arriving at a room that seemed to branch off into a few different directions. It was a large square room, the first one of it’s kind they had come to thus far, with numerous doors lining the walls around them.

After guiding them to a certain door across the room, the stallion stepped back, giving the new group of ponies some room.

With much less theatrics than had occured with Rainbow Dash, Honeydew took a step forward, reaching her hoof up and opening the door.

Inside, the room was lined with a few beds on one side, and some tables with chairs on the other. On one of these beds lay Scootaloo, tightly curled up to the side of Rainbow Dash, both of them breathing softly in their sleep. Rainbow Dash had a protective wing draped over the filly, making her seem much smaller than she actually was.

Their entrance caught the attention of the only other current occupant of the room. Blazing Fire sat quietly at one of the tables on the left side of the room, currently pouring over documents of some kind. As they entered, he looked up to greet them.

“Hey, you’re all here,” he called in as enthusiastic of a voice he could manage while attempting not to wake to other two in the room. “Come on, let’s go to another room. I don’t want to wake them.”

With only a silent nod from most of them, he led them to the back of the room, where another door was at. Quietly opening the door, he stepped inside, followed by the rest of them.

Each of them couldn’t help but stop as they passed by the bed where Scootaloo lay sleeping, finally reunited with her mother. Each of them smiled warmly at the scene before they carried on.

Making their way into the next room, it became evident that this room was much larger than any they had seen yet. It was over double the length and width of the room they had been in earlier with the many doors. On top of this, the ceiling almost doubled in size, adding to the feeling of hugeness in the room.

The room itself had only one major furnishing, being one overly long table that stretched nearly the whole length of the room. This table was lined with chairs on either side, with one much larger chair at the far end, making it seem like an oversized conference room.

The next thing they noticed were the other, larger doors leading to and from the room, making it clear that they had used more of a back entrance. “Whoah,” they nearly all, except Honeydew, said in almost perfect unison.

“What is this?” Twilight asked.

“This is the conference room,” Blazing Fire answered. “It’s where we discuss plans, come up with new ones, and basically just get together to discuss stuff.”

“Oh cool,” Twilight said, just now noticing that he had brought with him the documents he had been so invested in. “So, what are we here for?”

“Well, I’m going to let you all get settled and reaquainted first, but when all of that is over, I would like to speak with you about the situation in our land.”

“Is that what those are about?” Twilight asked, pointing with a hoof to the documents he still carried with him.

“More or less. I was just reading over some new intelligence reports that have come in,” he said dismissively.

“Ok. I would be glad to hear all about it after we get settled. I would love to help all of you out in any way that I can.”

Blazing Fire smiled. “Thank you. You don’t know how much that means to us. For now though, I think those two have slept long enough. Let’s go wake them up and get you all settled in.”

Author's Note:

Hey everyone. I know, another late upload. I had some issues in editing, but it should be okay now. Please let me know if you see anything that needs fixing or changing. And as always, any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated.