• Published 30th Aug 2018
  • 7,106 Views, 219 Comments

Things Change - Equimorto



Chrysalis coming to her to ask for friendship was something Celestia always hoped would one day happen. She did not expect things to go like this though.

  • ...
57
 219
 7,106

Meet the real me

"Celestia, she's a monster!"

Chrysalis stared through the slightly opened door, listening to Twilight's screams coming from inside.

"She trapped Cadence under the castle, hypnotized my brother and tried to take over the city."

Celestia tilted her head to the side and Chrysalis could swear she was looking at her.

"She was born evil, and she will stay like that no matter what."

Chrysalis run away from there. She didn't want to listen any more.


"I knew I would find you here," Celestia said as she surveyed the inside of her room.

Chrysalis was standing silently in a corner, facing away from her and towards the walls.

"I believe there's something you want to tell me, isn't there?" the alicorn spoke as she walked closer to her.

"You lied to me."

"I did. Do you want me to tell you the truth?"

Chrysalis turned towards Celestia, staring straight in her eyes. "The truth? How can I trust you to tell me the truth after everything you've done? I've seen what your ponies think of you, Celestia."

"But you want to know the truth, don't you? If you trust them more than you trust me then go out there and ask them about your past. I won't stop you."

Chrysalis looked up at the alicorn, then she ran away from the room.

From the door she'd exited through Princess Luna walked in. "So you're just letting her go?" she asked to her sister.

"It's her choice to make. She wants to hear the truth, even if it will hurt her. She could have believed in my lies and lived a comfortable life at my side."

"Like you did, convincing yourself that you were good at one point and you only made yourself act this way, so you didn't have to deal with the knowledge of being such a terrible ruler?"

"Or maybe that really happened, and you're just saying that because I made you think that I was always this way. As I've said to Twilight, it doesn't matter, this is who I am now and everypony thinks it's always been like that."

"But why are you letting her go?"

"I'm bored and I want some action. What's the worst that could happen?"


Chrysalis landed in the middle of the road, her body once again transformed into that of the pegasus she'd impersonated that same morning, and once again she entered the same building.

"Hi there!" the unicorn she'd met before greeted her, "So, how did that talk go?"

Chrysalis sat at a chair next to him. "It's... complicated. There are still things I'm trying to figure out." The two remained quiet for a while, then Chrysalis broke the silence. "Since I'm new around here, could you tell me about this 'Queen Chrysalis' I've heard mentioned a couple of times?" she asked, some uncertainty in her voice.

"Queen Chrysalis? She tried to take over Equestria a couple of times. I could tell you more about it, but why do you want to know?"

"Simple curiosity. I'd also like to know, what would you want your princess to be like?"