• Published 4th Aug 2018
  • 4,333 Views, 950 Comments

Little Lost Pikachu - CommanderX5



One month has passed since Twilight and her friends provided Raichu with a home, food, kindness and friendship. Now when more pokemon are summoned into Equestria, it is up to Nica to ensure that Ash Pikachu’s visit will be as memorable.

  • ...
14
 950
 4,333

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.15 - Pt.2 Gathering of the Chu's

Little Lost Pikachu

-

Chapter 15
-
Part.2 - Gathering of the Chu's


“He’s Nica’s brother? Who would have thought?” Rarity looked back at Coco and asked, “How did you two meet? You really need to tell me the full story, darling.” She walked backwards while gesturing for Coco to sit and make herself comfortable. “Please, have a seat. I’ll prepare some tea for us both.”

“Thank you, Miss Rarity, but I promised Ace that I would help him locate and meet his sister, so if it wouldn’t be too much of a hassle, I would prefer to skip the tea and tell you the short version, at least for now.” She sat and tapped her forehooves nervously. “Please, don’t feel offended.”

“Offended, oh please,” Rarity teased as her horn ignited with her trademark magical aura, and a moment later, a long, crimson couch levitated towards them. She sat on the couch and got comfortable, before she tapped on it. “Please, sit down. I am all ears.”

Coco nodded before perching herself on a rolled pillow.

Rarity waved her forehoof encouragingly. “Go on, tell the tale! You have my full attention.”

The shy fashionista smiled warmly before speaking, “Do you remember how you first brought Nica into my shop so I could hire her as a bodyguard?”

“But of course. I even read articles from the Manehattan press about her heroic deeds,” Rarity said, a small puff of pride surfacing. “I had no idea the extent of spectacular things she had done, but I knew she was a perfect match with your shy demeanor.

“Well… about that…” Coco rubbed the back of her neck. “Since the police remembered that Nica was my former bodyguard, when a similar pokemon started levitating through the city while exploring near the statue,” she pointed at herself, “Miss Copper escorted him to me, assuming I would know what to do.”

“She mistook him for Nica?”

Coco shook her head. “She didn’t, but since he looked quite similar, she mentioned Nica’s name, and then told him that she once worked at my store. It was a big surprise when a self-hovering Raichu suddenly appeared at my doorsteps one day and started asking about his sister.”

“I see… and in the end you decided to hire him as your assistant?” Rarity questioned.

“More like he appointed himself for the job.”

Rarity tilted her head to the side in confusion.

“Ace started asking me a bunch of questions about his sister, and then proclaimed himself as my secondary assistant. He started helping me out with all my work, befriended my young, number one assistant Quiet Leaf, and has been living with me ever since,” Coco explained. “He didn’t actually give me a choice in the matter, but in the end I am glad he stayed. His psychic typing made him an excellent assistant, and I finally got some free time after a few days straight of nonstop and restless work. His stitching could use someone work, but his enthusiastic nature more than makes up for it.”

Rarity held a forehoof in front of her mouth and chuckled. “You sure have plenty of luck when it comes to Raichu. They just love helping you out!”

“Seems that way,” Coco said before looking at the stairs and hearing a variety of ‘Raichu’s’ and ‘Rai’s’ coming from upstairs. “As for his ability to speak directly to us, in our mind, it was his alternative to his sister’s ability to write and read. The only downside is he can only communicate to one pony or creature at a time.”

“You mean his trainer taught him?” Rarity inquired.

“Not really. According to Ace, his sister, as a Pichu, spent half a year learning how to read and write under Astra’s guidance when they were isolated on a mountain, so when he evolved into an Alolan Raichu, he spent months studying how to speak telepathically. It seemed to really help their dynamic, for both trainers, or so I’ve heard.”

And I’m Emily’s pokemon.

Rarity yelped and fell from the couch from the shock, yet though she braced for impact, she didn’t hit the floor. Instead, she was levitated and perched on top of the sofa while receiving a sassy smile from the pokemon. She smiled in return, giving him silent thanks.

Emily was working with Astra’s parents, performing as a trusted officer for their forces. After the police tried to arrest her on false charges, she escaped, and years later ended up working for a rag-tag group of Pokemon Hunters. Astra dealt a big blow to the hunters with the help of her pokemon and friends, and recruited Emily to rejoin the organization and her cause. He raised his head in pride while perched on the couch in between two mares. And after my sister, previously a bit of a bully, visited us as a brave Raichu with a heart of gold, I couldn’t resist the chance to get a pokemon trainer of my own. So, I joined Emily, and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I couldn’t live without her.

“Hmm, Interesting. Still, there is something that is bothering me,” Rarity mulled as both Coco and her assistant looked at her curiously. “It seems all summoned pokemon ended up in Ponyville or nearby it. How did you end up in Manehattan?”

Ace showed his toothy smile. I found myself surfing above a channel of train tracks stuck inside a musty tunnel. I left it and decided to follow the tracks, wherever they ended up taking me. Around an hour or two later I reached a big city surrounded by a massive pool of water. He giggled. Probably took the wrong turn… figures.

Rarity raised an eyebrow. “Yes, figures.”

Ace ignored the mare and exclaimed, Enough talking about me. He peeked from behind the couch, now staring out the window. So, where’s my sis? I want to surprise her!

“Nica…? Oh right! Ever since yesterday’s adventures, she’s been stuck under the influence of the Poison Joke. The spa ponies no doubt have the antidote already, so we can wait for Nica… Yeeow!” Rarity yelped, while Coco giggled at her over the top reaction.

<A trip to the spa? Now you’re talking!> Ace shouted before levitating both mares with the help of his telekinesis power.

“Can you stop doing that! Or at least give me a warning!” Rarity cried, promptly being ignored as the Raichu set off. After balancing himself on his tail, he hovered towards Coco and nuzzled her cheek affectionately. Miss Coco, you deserve nothing more than to relax after all your hard work, and what’s better than enjoying the spa with a friend or two. He poked her nose, causing her to blush. It’s not exactly a lively party at a raging nightclub, but it’s good enough.

Ace glanced at the couch and grinned, an idea forming within his scheming mind.


Ace surfed through the air, following Rarity’s directions while on his way to the spa building, an excited smile present on his face. He waved cheerfully at bypassing ponies, though rather than return his friendly gestures, their gazes went straight to the mares riding atop the velvet plush couch, currently floating through the air. He glanced over his shoulder at Rarity, who covered her face in embrasement.

“I can read the headlines now!” Rarity exclaimed, sighing at the Raichu’s antics. “A local fashionista uses her fainting couch as a personal chariot. I’m never going to hear the end to such rumors. Oh Celestia, how did I end up in such a predicament?”

Coco patted Rarity’s shoulder in a consoling manner. “There… there… it’s not as bad as you think.”

Just imagine you’re riding a pegasus chariot! Ace spoke, communicating to Rarity in her mind.

“It is not the same and you know it,” Rarity muttered as she lowered her forelegs and narrowed her eyes, trying tomantain as much of her fleeting dignity as possible.

Ace resisted the urge to laugh before gazing at the pinkish-yellowish building in distance, resting upon the horizon. The most noticeable feature seemed to be a few pointy edges or the building’s exterior reaching towards the sky, attempting to grip the clouds in their iron hold. <That’s quite an interesting roof design. These ponies sure know how to make things stylish. Let’s hope it’s functional.> He closed his eyes and clenched the white patches of his forepaws in excitement before speeding up, charging towards the opening. <Mr. Spa, get ready, because here… we… come!> The door was pushed open by both his psychic power and body momentum as he flew inside.

He stopped and looked around, examining his surroundings.

Numerous beds for comfortable chilling and a calming massage? Check.

A large container filled with hot, steaming water for a relaxing bath? Check.

Sturdy stairs leading to said container and a mirror? Check.

A few vases filled with flowers to dispense a lovely scent throughout the building? Check.

Oddly shaped pillars which seem to serve more of a decorative purpose rather than actually support the building? Check.

A group of ponies huddled in the middle of the room with a Pichu and Litten among them, now staring at him in confusion? Check.

A soft pink earth pony, topped with a teal-blue mane and tail, along with a blue earth pony blessed with a pink mane and tail. Seems both are wearing white fuzzy headbands and carrying all the necessary supplies needed in this place, such as creams and towels. Definitely the most charming spa workers I have ever seen, Ace thought before lowering the levitated couch to the floor with a weak thud sounding moments later. If anything, now I know I’m in the right place!

“Coco Pommel? What are you doing all the way here in Ponyville?” Pinkie questioned, tilting her head to the side. “And with company?” She gasped. “So you’re the new pony and pokemon in Ponyville my pinkie sense warned me about. Why didn’t you tell me you were coming for a visit?” She stood on her rear hooves and spread her forelegs wide, somehow summoning a small batch of confetti out of thin air. It rained down atop of her as a party hat was mysteriously placed atop the mare’s head. “This calls for a welcome party!”

“Oh um, I’m just… visiting.” Coco shook her forehooves dismissively while displaying a sheepish smile. “Please, don’t bother. This trip was very last minute.”

Litten looked at him while perched on a spread wing. <Another Raichu? And an Alolan one? This is quickly turning into a ‘Chu’ family reunion or something.>

“Rarity, forgive me for asking, but since when did you start riding your fainting couch?” Fluttershy asked from her perch on a massaging table.

Rarity groaned before shooting him a deadly glare. “This method of transportation was forced upon me! I had no choice,” she claimed dramatically, falling back with her hoof thrown across her forehead.


“And after I apologized to Rarity, I noticed you, little sis.” Ace levitated Nica over, giving her a loving squeeze as third of her body was lost among the fur on his white belly. “I mean, I totally knew you could handle yourself, not to mention beat up any bad guy, but… “ He levitated his sister back, allowing her to sit on the edge of a bucket with water. Raising his paws, he held them about an inch apart, adding, “I might have been just the smallest, tiniest bit worried about you.” Chuckling, he dipped under the water and resurfaced, quickly changing the topic as he noticed Nica’s mischievous grin. “That nickname though, it’s brilliant! I mean, Tinychu. That’s weapon-grade adorableness right there!”

Ace pulled himself out of the tub, shaking his wet fur before leaping atop his tail. With a sigh, he fell on his back and caught himself with his forepaws tucked comfortably behind his head, maintaining a relaxed posture above the container of steaming water. Black tinted glasses were balanced on his right ear, lazily hanging off the side as he gave a satisfied expression. His rear paws were dipped into the liquid beneath him, soaking up the delightfully hot water and providing him with another pleasant experience.

Ace ignored the cluster of nearby ponies who were sharing the heated bath with him, his attention focusing on two little heads peeking out of the antidote dissolved water. Thankfully, it seemed his sister’s translating collar wasn’t affected in water, proved by how he was able to speak while diving and playing in the tub with Nica’s neckband on.

<So you decided to help Miss Coco in her time of need. I’m so proud of you!> Nica shouted in a squeaky voice as her forepaws rested against the edge of the bucket, her face radiating with unadulterated pride.

<There is something I still don’t get.> Pichu continuously looked over at Nica, attempting to grab her attention. When she finally returned his glance, he added, <If he really had missed you as much as he claimed and was worried about you so much, why didn’t he go to Ponyville immediately? I mean… I approve of helping those in need and all, but still…> He shot Ace a suspicious glance.

Nica climbed up, now balanced at the edge of the bucket while a few random drops of water fell down her wet fur. She placed her forepaws on her hips and shook her head. <Ever since Ace joined Emily, I’ve done my best to teach him how important it is to help others and put his best paw forward.>

“Miss Coco was a super cute, nice and innocent little cinnamon bun. I just couldn’t bring myself to abandon her when she was so overwhelmed,” Ace said as he caught a blush forming on the fashionista from the corner of his eye. “Plus, part of me knew you would be fine. Surviving against the odds is what you’ve been preparing yourself for since the beginning of your journey!”

<I sure did,> Nica cheered before tapping her forepaws together in joy. <Now it’s our turn to tell the story. Oh, I’m so excited. You have no idea what kind of incredible adventures we faced yesterday… > she paused, continuing with, <or the entire time we’ve been here, I guess.” She leapt towards Pichu’s nose, poking it before falling into the water with a playful splash. <Will you do the honor?>

Pichu nodded. <With pleasure.>

Ace grasped the glasses balanced on his ear with his paws, placing it on his eyes to block out the bright lightning. As much as he wanted to unleash his excitement, he needed to play it cool. He didn’t want to leave a bad impression in front of a hero his sister had admired for so long. Already chuckling, he began to imagine the crazy things they claimed they experienced, before exclaiming, “I’m all ears!”

Author's Note:

And so the story caught up. Originally this chapter and Reunion chapter were merged together. It was only recently that I decided to expand with "Lost Little Ace" to give a better introduction to the character. The story will move forward from now on with Ace joining the main cast.

I hope that expanding on Ace's time in Equestira didn't hurt the story much.

PreviousChapters Next