• Published 4th Aug 2018
  • 4,322 Views, 950 Comments

Little Lost Pikachu - CommanderX5



One month has passed since Twilight and her friends provided Raichu with a home, food, kindness and friendship. Now when more pokemon are summoned into Equestria, it is up to Nica to ensure that Ash Pikachu’s visit will be as memorable.

  • ...
14
 950
 4,322

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.5 - The Great Chase - Pt.1

Author's Note:

Special thanks to UnknownGiggs for scene expansion.

By working together, we managed to change 1k words long chasing scene into a 3k long one.

Considering this scene expansion, this chapter got long enough that I split it into two parts. Part two will be uploaded tomorrow.

Considering I and UnknownGiggs, we both have a bit different writting style, the scene may look a bit different than usual, but I hope it will be enjoyable anyway. Have fun.

Little Lost Pikachu
-

Chapter 5
-
The Great Chase - Pt.1


Pikachu kept running as fast as his tiny limbs allowed him to, his feet making repetitive contact with the soil of Ponyville’s roads as he saw numerous houses and ponies pass from the corner of his vision. “Nica, wait!” he shouted, yet the pokemon ahead of him didn’t stop.

Taking turn after turn, he kept running, trying to keep up with his bigger guardian as his breathing increased in speed. Despite his best efforts, the distance kept increasing. She’s… so… fast… he thought, his theory that his evolution was slower and less agile proving false before his very eyes. One would think that a pokemon four times heavier than him would turn slower whenever running into random alleys or changing directions at crossroads, yet Nica surpassed him even at that.

The moment Nica jumped onto the roof of a house and started jumping from one roof to another, he followed, his feet now making contact with soft building material instead. I’ll lose her soon if I don’t speed up. He narrowed his eyes and grit his teeth, using ‘Quick Attack’ as his speed doubled in only a few seconds, the distance between him and Nica now shrinking rapidly. “Nica… I just want…” Much to his surprise, the long-tailed pokemon made a 180 turn in mid-air before her feet slowed her down on another roof. The moment he jumped from one house to another, Nica ran towards him and jumped over his head, bypassing him in mid-air.

Pikachu pressed his paws into the roof, trying and failing to stop his boosted speed as his efforts resulted in him smashing into a chimney with a loud crashing noise and a yelp of pain. With a bit of effort, he pushed against it, freeing his body while leaving a mark in his shape and a few cracked bricks. With a quick jump and another ‘Quick Attack,’ he followed his guardian, who now earned a much greater distance.

Pikachu looked at Nica with a mix of admiration and annoyance while running. Despite being faster thanks to ‘Quick Attack,’ he was still being outplayed by his fan. This is bad. I can't keep up with her with my running speed and the repetitive use of 'Quick Attack' consumes a lot of stamina. Considering how restless and energetic Nica was thus far, I get the impression she won't get tired anytime soon, he thought before once again following his guardian. I need to catch her quickly. I can't afford a long chase.

After several seconds as he was catching up to her once again. Nica jumped from the roof and ran into an alley bordering Sugar Cube Corner.

Pikachu frowned as he jumped to the ground and slowed down, turning and running into the alley before using ‘Quick Attack’ once more. In order not to slow down once again, he pushed himself from wall to wall, trying to keep up with his guardian’s agility. Just when he was about to reach her, Nica pressed her tail against a pole for a quick turn and fired herself through an open window.

Pikachu’s ears drooped from hearing a muted crash sounding from inside the bakery. Seeing the wall ahead of him while still running at boosted speed, he pressed all of his paws against it, pushing himself towards the open window. His maneuver failed as he threw himself from the wall next to the window, bouncing from one wall to another before pressing his paws into the ground, trying to reduce his speed.


The first thing Nica saw was fresh brownie batter dripping onto her nose, the scent nearly irresistible. Resisting the urge to sneak a lick, she plucked the accompanying bowl off her head and glanced around the room.

“Oh no!” Nica gasped as a wave of guilt washed over her.

From the collision, two trays were strewn across the floor and the bowl that absorbed her crash landing was in her paws. Thankfully, the trays survived without any marks, but the bowl had a small dent in the shape of her cheek. She ignored the small ache coming from her head and nervously scanned for anypony able to witness her failure.

Her first instinct told her to clean up the mess she caused. The second one suggested to grab bits from her room and pay for the damage, while the third told her to hide from Pikachu’s sight or run away before he would find her. She bit her bottom lip as she had but a few seconds to decide. Her train of thought was interrupted though by familiar squeaky shouts coming from her left.

“Chu Chu,” cried Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake simultaneously from the opposite side of the room, attracting her attention. Their eyes lit up as the two twins recalled earlier times playing and a series of excited giggles burst forth.

Popplio was stationed right behind them, balancing a small water balloon for the twins atop his rounded nose. A small ocean design was sewn into the collar, blending perfectly with Popplio’s coat. He froze in shock for a moment but relaxed himself just as quickly, recognizing the friendly Raichu from before.

Nica observed the scene with a fond gaze, but once again panicked as she saw one of Pikachu’s paws gripping the window sill. Overwhelmed by panic, she made a split second decision and leaped underneath the sink, this time careful to avoid any items lodged there. She squeezed herself in before Pikachu jumped into the room. Noticing a small crack between the sink cabinets, she peeked at Pikachu as he recovered his breath and examined the room in search for clues.

“Popplio, have you seen Nica anywhere?” Pikachu asked, panting slightly from the earlier sprint.

Popplio opened his mouth to respond, but before he could, the ring of metal hitting metal alerted both pokemon.

Nica picked up the kitchen accessory from the floor with swift movements of her tail, quickly returning the last tray into its proper place.

“Nica, I just want to...!” Pikachu shouted.

She jumped outside, not waiting for her hero to finish.

She sprinted back towards the castle while zipping between numerous homes, hopeful that he would give up. She hated herself for leaving him behind, but didn’t know how else to confront him without only making his jealousy grow.

Spying the top of Princess Twilight’s home she pushed herself harder, satisfied she was still breathing evenly. Avoiding a pony’s cart, she ran towards the outskirts of town, both to prevent her from breaking anything and to bypass her pursuer. Her legs catapulted her the last bit from the ground, hearing Pikachu’s calls growing fainter as the distance between them increased.

She fell through her window of her room and desperately started searching for her bits. Although she offered to give them to Twilight for allowing her a free room, the mare refused so she stashed them away, finding no other use for them.

When she thought she would never find them, she heard the telltale chime of coins from underneath the bed and grabbed them in victory. Making sure they were secure in their pouch, she jumped out the window and braced herself, letting her legs absorb the impact from the ground. Unsure if Pikachu knew her destination, she made sure the coast was clear and set off once again, her sights set on Sugar Cube Corner.

While making her way through the town square she heard the faint echo of her name from across the market. It was hard to make out, and with no one in sight, she blamed it on her jittery nerves from before, the blame still eating away at her. Out of all creatures, it had to be my hero I was running from, she thought, her tail leaving thin scars in the dirt roads. Why is he even wasting his time with me? As a Raichu I am just an eyesore to him. He would be happier playing with others instead.

She was jolted out of her thoughts when she saw a familiar lightning shaped tail perk up from within the crowd. Nica tried to sneak away, but with her bigger frame, she simply ended up pushing ponies aside, causing them to yelp as she trotted between their hooves. His ears swiveled towards her and she knew the jig was up.

“There you are!”

Nica bit her bottom lip before leaping onto a pony’s head, running atop the crowd by leaping between ponies’ backs and heads. One glance behind told her that Pikachu got the same idea.

Utilizing her strong hind legs, she sent herself flying into the air, secretly hoping to disappear within the clouds. With no real plan in mind, she rose and then fell through the sky for an awkwardly long amount of time, hoping to land a couple of feet away from where she launched and make her escape. The pouch in her mouth forced itself in, and ended up lodged firmly in her cheek.

As she approached the ground, a small portion of the road seemed to be discolored. Rather than the normal pale brown, it was a dark yellow, with small brown stripes. A sicken realization sprung forth as the “blob” started to move, and took the shape of Pikachu.

Unable to maneuver herself through the air, she screamed a gibberish “Look out,” as the road came closer and closer with Pikachu caught in the middle.


After Nica unintentionally left him stranded in the middle of Ponyville, he had no clue where to start looking. His evolution proved to be much faster without the need to use ‘Quick Attack’ and agile enough to switch directions almost effortlessly, outmaneuvering him whenever he boosted his speed.

So here he was, wandering around the town calling out her name. He considered going to his guardian’s friends, but opted against it. He didn't want to drag more ponies into the situation, not to mention he was more than capable of finding her on his own.

“Nica!” he yelled, earning a few confused looks. He navigated through the crowd until a large and orange mouse-like creature caught his eye. When he called her name once more, she flinched and looked around, confirming his suspicions. He darted through the crowd, yet when arriving at her previous location, she was already jumping from pony to pony. He followed her example, leaping from pony to pony as if jumping from hundreds of falling rock in the middle of a pokemon battle. One accidental crash into somepony’s rich mane being enough to lose his target from his field of vision.

“Get off, get off!” the mare shouted, stomping and yelping in panic.

After a moment of pushing his tangled limbs free, he jumped away from the crowd, landing in a more open area. Stumped, he glanced around and was unable to find any trails until a shrill screech locked him in place. With a nervous raise of his head towards the sky, all he could see was a falling ball of fluff, heading straight for him.

“Oof,” Pikachu gasped as all the air in his lungs was pushed out. Though the impact didn’t hurt, he certainly felt flattened, at this point resembling more of a pancake than his normal shape. In a second, the weight was relieved from his back, allowing him to straighten himself back up, but Nica was gone. In front of him a message was scraped into the soil spelling out “Sorry” in hastey block letters, and to his side, a long tail disappeared behind a carrot cart.

He chased after her, determined not to let her escape his grasp this time. He trailed after her tail as it weaved in and out of multiple stands and under the occasional pony or two. Misjudging a leap between two tables, Pikachu slipped and instinctively reached out for something to grab, snagging Nica’s tail and pulling them both down into a container filled with some sort of violet jam. The stand owner unaware of the two squirming creatures in his oversized barrel.

Nica was the first to emerge, jumping out and leaving tiny violet pawprints among a small alley to the side. Pikachu was soon after her while licking the jam from his face, a little snack to keep him filled with energy for the ongoing chase, leaving much smaller pawprints of his own. Their recent accident proving quite helpful in keeping track on his bigger guardian.

As they reached two lines of homes, he noticed the trail leading to one of the closed doors. Grinning, he jumped onto the handle, unlocking the door before opening it with a little push. “Nica wait!” he shouted, noticing his guardian jump out the open window. He followed her example, leaping from one windowsill to another as his paws landed between two flower pots. He ran inside, only to see Nica’s pawprints leading from what looked like a kitchen towards the hallway.

Upon noticing his guardian opening the door with her tail, he sped up, running at her, only for the door to be closed into his face.

“Sorry!”

He shook his head and narrowed his eyes. One quick jump towards the handle, he unlocked the door before squeezing himself between a little opening. Noticing how another door ahead and to the right closed, he leaped onto the handle, unlocking it. As he was about to run inside, his guardian jumping from the open window caught his attention form the corner of his eye. He followed her, only for the door to once again shut in front of him.

With Nica’s tail opening and closing doors way faster than his little paws could, they ended up running from one house to another, using numerous doors and windows to get in between them. I swear we’re running in circles. We’re running in between the same two lines of homes for past several minutes. A temptation to pierce all those doors with my ‘Quick Attack’ gets harder and harder to resist.

He stopped himself, deciding not to enter the house that Nica ran into. Instead, he leaped backward, observing the free space between three homes ahead of him. Upon noticing Nica jump through the window into the house on the left, he took a fighting stance in front of the door of the house to the left. Hearing pawsteps from the other side, he murmured, “I got you now.”

Much to his surprise, the upper part of the door opened as Nica jumped outside.

“Wait… since when does this door open in such a way?” PIkachu asked before feeling Nica’s rear legs land on his face while her forepaws landed on his back. Her weight quickly pressing him into the ground.

“Sorry, let me help!” Nica shouted.

Pikachu felt his guardian’s tail heave him back up to a standing position, but the moment he turned around, the sight of Nica jumping over the line of homes caught his attention. He lowered his head and sighed before jumping as a drop of sweat slid down his forehead.

It wasn’t long before they reached the edge of the Everfree forest, keeping within respectable distance of the monsters lurking inside. Whatever Nica shouted at him was muffled by something that seemed to be safeguarded in her mouth.

Too preoccupied with the chase, he failed to noticed a shallow brook. Upon noticing how Nica stopped, he jumped, only to collide with her as they both fell into the water, dissolving what was left of the jam on their paws.

Pikachu swam towards the coast, feeling victorious the moment his paws touched the solid ground, at least until noticing his fan on the other side climb the nearest tree. He jumped over the stream and followed. Together they twisted in and out of the branches with his breathing becoming faster with each passing minute.

Their chase ceased for a moment as he and his guardian started running away from a large pack of wooden wolves instead.

Seeing his guardian run by his side, he sped up, closing the distance between them. “Hey Nica, if you can just stop for a second and listen.” He groaned the moment Nica jumped towards a tree, once again leaping from one tree to another.

Using ‘Quick Attack’ he pierced through the tree, pulling it off its roots, forcing his guardian to land on the ground instead. With a slow turn, he followed Nica, piercing any bush or obstacle that got in his way as the distance between him and his target shrank with each passing second.

Close enough, he jumped at Nica while still using ‘Quick Attack,’ hoping to pin her against the ground for long enough to talk with her. His guardian didn’t let him though as she backflipped, gently pressing the tip of her tail against his back. Pushed down, his paws hit the ground, spreading dust and dirt all around while reducing his speed. One quick glance over his shoulder told him that Nica was already gaining a considerable distance before vanishing into bushes filled with thorns. Her agility, her reflexes, they are master grade. There’s no way she could get so skilled without facing difficult battles.

Pikachu ran into the bushes, ignoring the thorns which scratched his fur while keeping one eye closed. Using ‘Quick Attack,’ he annihilated the thorny branches. How can she run for so long? She doesn’t seem tired in the least. Several drops of sweat fell down his face. He felt a weak burning in his muscles but soldiered on, using his determination to make up for the weakness of his body. Whenever he was invested in something, neither pain nor exhaustion could stop him. Whatever, it doesn't matter. I'll catch up to her and apologize, no matter what.


Half an hour of chasing later, Pikachu supported his back against a tree while recovering in its shade, taking slow breaths as drops of sweat covered his body. His collar being wet as well. It seemed that he could not, in fact, catch up with his evolved form, no matter what he told himself.

“Well, well, well, tired from your race already?”

Pikachu looked up towards the source of the voice, seeing a silhouette of a pegasus as she descended from the sky with a black cloud between her hooves. “Rainbow… Dash… is that you?”

“Of course it’s me. I saw you and Nica run all over Ponyville, so I grabbed some popcorn and watched.” She slapped one hoof against another. “I wasn’t sure if you two were racing,” she slapped them again, ”or exercising,” and again, “or playing tag,” before spreading her limbs in all directions, “but it was really entertaining while it lasted.” Dash pointed at him. “You both have some serious speed behind those little limbs.” She pushed the black cloud over his head and before delivering a light kick. Droplets started raining over his body. “Here, this will cool you down.”

“Thanks… I think...” Pikachu said as some of the water soaked into his fur.

“Excuse me. Are you a Pikachu?”

Rainbow Dash and the small pokemon looked at an approaching unicorn stallion, who seemed to be levitating a cup of ice-cream. A mix of chocolate and vanilla.

“Yes, I am,” Pikachu said as he stood up and walked from under the rain, his fur wet. Droplets of water slid down his long ears and little paws. He looked up at the towering stallion with a mustache and asked, “How can I help you?”

“Miss Nica, also known as the Hero of Manehattan, bought this ice-cream and asked me to deliver it to you. She also asked me to tell you to stop wasting your valuable time following her and enjoy yourself with other ponies and your friends,” the stallion said as he lowered the cup and placed it in between his forepaws. “Bon-appetit.”

Pikachu looked at the gift in confusion. “I… I don’t remember her having a bag with bits with her when I was following her.” He licked his lips, more than eager to cool down his dry throat with this cold and tasty gift.

Dash chuckled. “So she not only managed to escape from you for half an hour, give or take a few minutes, but also ran back to the castle, picked up some bits, ran to a stand with ice-cream, made sure you’re still resting under this tree.” Dash pointed at the tree behind them. “And she asked a nearby stallion to deliver you this ice-cream as well as a message.” She lowered herself and poked his shoulder. “What’s the matter hero, can’t keep up with your fan? She’s totally got you beat in the game of stamina.”

Pikachu stopped licking his ice-cream, lowered the cup to the ground and turned towards Dash, now staring at her with narrowed eyes. “First, I wasn’t playing any game with her, I tried to catch up with her to apologize and explain a misunderstanding.” He stomped. “It’s really important.”

“Apologise, what for?”

“Yesterday, after she asked why I didn’t evolve yet, we ended up having a debate and I accidentally offended her and shook her beliefs. I want to fix this,” Pikachu explained.

“Okay… and why didn’t you evolve?” She bent her legs and stomped. “You would get stronger.” She spread her wings. “Faster.” She stood on her rear hooves. “Bigger.” She flew up, now hovering above the ground. “And cooler.”

“Because I want to become stronger without evolution!” Pikachu shouted with a groan as he held a clenched forepaw in front of his face.

“Handicapping and challenging yourself? I can dig that. What about Nica, what did she think about it?”

Pikachu lowered his forepaw and looked to the side. “She… she thinks that I deserve to evolve more than anyone else… that I would become an amazing Raichu and be able to protect my trainer and friends from dangers better.” His ears drooped. “She asked… if I’m afraid that one day… I’ll lose everything because I lacked the power and durability to… to protect them.”

“Wow… I must say, I can’t argue with that. Those are some solid arguments,” Dash said as he landed on the solid ground. “I understand pushing limits and challenging oneself, but would being a Raichu be so bad? It’s not like it would automatically make you a jerk.”

He sighed. “Enough talking about me. I need to find Nica and apologise.” He pointed at Dash’s wings and asked, “You’re really fast. Will you help me or not?” He displayed a hopeful stare, looking at the pegasus with widened eyes.

“Sure, hop on,” Dash said before pushing her wing under Pikachu’s feet and throwing him onto her back. She grabbed the ice-cream and flew up. “In return, I want half of this ice-cream, deal?”

“Deal.”

As Pikachu stood on Rainbow Dash’s back to look at Ponyville from the air, searching for his guardian, a thought crossed his mind. “Question.”

“Yes?”

“What did that stallion mean when he called Nica the ‘Hero of Manehattan?’”

Dash displayed a wide glee. “Oh, that’s an epic story to remember.” She took a deep breath and spoke up, “From what I’ve heard, after Nica solved a friendship problem at the changeling’s hive while remembering how to use two of her attacks, she decided to become a mercenary.”

“And?” Pikachu asked, his ears straightened up.

“To help her friend Coco Pommel, Rarity asked Nica to be her bodyguard and keep her clothing store safe in a dangerous part of Manehattan. Something about Coco putting all of her savings to buy a cheap store, only to find out it was in the mafia’s territory with some random gang stealing her profit regularly.”

“And Nica defended her store?” Pikachu asked. He and Ash quite often ended up facing criminals with two Team Rocket members following them whenever they went. Was Nica also into this kind of stuff?

“Defended her store?” Dash laughed loudly. “Oh, she defended the store alright, and next crashed the gang that bothered Coco before delivering them to the police. Next she saved many lives by running into a burning building, and from what I heard, those were magical flames that could melt even metal. After being solidly cooked by the flames, she agreed to help the police and attacked the mob’s headquarters… the very same night.

“W-what?” Pikachu asked.

“Awesome, isn’t it? I would pay any amount of bits to see her rush into the mob’s territory while covered in burns, only to kick flanks and take names.” She spread her forelegs in excitement as Pikachu grabbed her tail in an attempt not to fall. “That was really epic! The newspapers made her into a celebrity. I also read another article where she took another dangerous job and saved many workers at the mine, facing explosive gas while crushing large boulders.” She looked at her passenger. “Is your mind blown yet?”

Pikachu displayed a sheepish smile before climbing up and reasserting himself on the pegasus’ back. It was one thing to face a few criminals, but storming the base was another story. “Now that I think about it, I once ended up trapped inside one of Team Rocket’s bases with another Pikachu. They tried to capture Lugia and did experiments on pokemon to enrage them.” He grit his teeth, not the most pleasant memories. “We beat Electabuzz in a two against one battle, and together with Ash and Richie we stopped their plans.”

“Neat. Stunts like that is what makes Nica admire you.”

“Y-yea…” Pikachu said hesitantly. Knowing that his guardian kept her achievements a secret, the more he learned about her, the less he felt worthy of her praise. Sure, he and his trainer played a major role in many important events, but if Nica was in his place, she seemed capable of accomplishing the same. There was still a lot he didn’t know about her yet.

PreviousChapters Next