• Published 29th Dec 2018
  • 1,242 Views, 76 Comments

Pokémon Ultra Luna. - Lieral



After all the recent events of her life, Vice-Principal Luna wanted to prove to herself that she is not a helpless girl. But she really did not expected to be swallowed by an Ultra-Wormhole and end up in another universe as a child with no way back.

  • ...
3
 76
 1,242

Chapter 21- A new foe

The battle of a few minutes ago definitely left some marks on me.

Nurse Joy almost hit me with her own Chansey for being so stupid to fight with a pokemon like a Scizor barehanded, let alone fight for entire minutes. Now, after an hour of listening to an adult lecturing me (I really must say I am very sorry to Sunset Shimmer and all my students if I manage to come back), I am finally walking away from Paniola town toward my next trial with my arms totally covered by many bandages. Luckily, my hands are free, because I really want to hit Hau for running away and letting me alone with Joy after five minutes.

A few trainers tried to stop me, including a cute country girl that makes me remember miss Applejack a little, but I managed to pass them all without major issues. But the one that used that Breakneck Blitz really should drink some chamomile or something like this. It does not matter how you see it, a normal type attack will not really hurt a rock type like Midnight, it does not matter how much you scream.

The hot weather had yet to disappear, however, if my inner clock is somewhat right this will definitely take a while, I think it is barely midday.

"Oh, I lost again!" A familiar (And traitor) voice said carefree. I walk toward Hau to see him scratching the back of his neck with a childish smile talking with another boy.

This other boy has short blond hair (like Lillie's) covering one of his eyes, his clothes are mostly black with many holes on it and it was clear he tried to fix them all by himself. "Were you even taking this seriously?" He asked with a serene and yet furious tone as he put both of his hands on his waist.

"Of course I have. I was seriously enjoying it," Hau laughed.

"Enjoying it?" The boy sighed in frustration before pointing at Hau furiously. "It is only possible to really enjoy a pokemon battle when you give your all on it, which you clearly haven't!"

Hau kept a poker smile, however, I can see these words messed with him.

And I cannot blame this boy though. I think the same about Hau. He never really tries hard. His talent is definitely something to behold, and just like our last battle had proved, it was clear that he can create incredible strategies out of nowhere to turn the tide at his favor, however, all this talent means nothing when you are refraining it by not taking anything seriously.

"Hey, you," The boy looked at me. "You are Luna, aren't you?"

"Where is Luna? She owes me money," I pretend to look around.

"So you're smart enough to be aware," He smirked. "Someone is not happy that you're messing with their subordinates, and asked me to test you,"

"Oh, thank you boy, but no thank you," I walked passed him. "I have a trial to challenge, so if you excuse me," He stretched his arm to stop me.

He took a completely white Pokeball and sent it. From the inside came an extremely curious pokemon. It does not matter how you look at it, it is some kind of chimera I had never seen before. it's four legs are obviously strong and the claws as fearsome as eagle's, and on his head, I can see some kind of really big and heavy metal mask.

I am not really the most experienced person in a matter of pokemon, however, one thing clearly crossed my mind. That thing... Looks artificial. "You really want to battle me? I do not know who contracted your service, but I think it is fine by me," I looked at him with determination. Looks like we have a new foe, after all.

"Just a minute," Hau smiled and put his arm around my shoulder. "Let's do this like the old west too, I'm still in the spirit for a duel," He slowly turned ourselves and walked away much for my confusion and the blonde too. "Listen," He whispered at me with an abnormal serious tone. "This pokemon is not normal. The Pokedex cannot identify it, but he is tired after the battle with me. His defense is astronomically high, both of them, however, His mask is too heavy lowering a lot his speed,"

I looked at him slightly shocked. I cannot believe he caught all these pieces of information in a single battle he lost. I wonder what he can say about Moon and Midnight. "Well, I think I will serve as a judge this time," We stopped a few steps from that boy and he walked away. "Any competitors against it?"

"No," I answered.

"Okay, on the right side we have Luna, and on the left side we have..."

"Gladion," The boy said. "And Type Null,"

"Creative name," Hau smiled. "Luna, please, chose your pokemon,"

I thought about what Hau said, and I should probably focus on speed and raw power to win, and thinking that way I should probably send Arsene to fight. But I did not. It was strange. I just feel like I am making the wrong decision. It is an instinct. And trusting in my instincts is something I learned long ago. So, I took the last Pokeball I should be using against such a foe and sent out Moon.

Gladion looked at us for a few seconds, probably analyzing us. After a while, Hau finally gave the order, and just like Kukui did in my battle against Hala, he lowered his arm as if opening a race and yelled. "FIGHT!"

Gladion held his shaking right wrist with his left hand. "Crush Claw,"

"Start with scald,"

Moon shoots a wave of burning water toward her enemy, but Type Null did not even try to avoid, instead, He took the attack in its fullest as if it was nothing and start to run toward Moon. Just like Hau said he is quite slow for a pokemon, probably just a little faster than Moon on land, but the fierce red glow in his claws makes me a little anxious.

His claws dig the ground as if piercing paper and he attack. His battle style is definitely a tank. He took my attack and now is attacking with sheer power, pretty straightforward, unlike mines. "Avoid that,"

When the crushing blow was just a little away from her head she backflipped and escaped, but he followed close by. Type Null attacked multiple times, but despite being faster he is not nearly as agile as Moon. She jumped back, forth, sideways and back again, always avoiding by the smallest of margins. "SCALD again," She sent another attack that, again, Type Null does not even try to avoid.

Gladion was looking at us fiercely like a volcano but definitely analyzing us. "Null, air slash," His pokemon concentrate for a few seconds and suddenly that thing in his head glows and he throws many blades made of sheer wind to slice Moon.

She did not wait for my orders and tried to avoid again, but this time there were too many and she was managing to avoid by just a little, and it will not take forever for a mistake to happen. "Send many balloons,"

"Huh?" Gladion looked at us confused as Moon created various water balloons around them. Type Null already had stopped his attack but charged again with red claws and obliterated all the balloons making Hau smirk. "Keep crushing them, and then attack her,"

"Create balloons on the sky and soar with Aqua jet," Now Gladion is looking at us as if there was something wrong with my mind... I cannot really blame him.

Anyway, just like she had been told, Brionne created many water balloons on the sky and when Null's claws were just a little away from her she covered her body in a Vail of water and soared above his right shoulder. She destroyed her own balloons creating another artificial rain dance, which is a move I know she can learn, but I think that is her way of doing it. "SCALD again,"

"You cannot trespass his defense," Gladion looked at the rain and the one creating it. Moon attacked again, and again, Null did not try to avoid, but this time the pokemon groaned in pain as it was sending a little further than he should. He looked at us a little surprised but soon assumed a serious expression again. "Rain, huh? You are more dangerous than I thought. Swords Dance,"

Many illusions of swords literally danced around Type Null and an orange aura surrounded him for a second before disappearing again. I frowned. His attack just doubled. He wants to one-shot us. "Crush Claw again,"

"Scald again," Moon landed and attacked, hitting Null like a small super effective attack, thanks to the rain, but again he kept charging through all the attack.

Type Null endured everything with determined eyes, but his breathing is a lot heavier now, the many Scalds, the bonus of the rain and even the many bites and burns, courtesy of Torracat I guess, are really tiring him out. However, he still managed to crush the ground and now even stones and boulders are shattering upon impact. "Just hit once and it's all over,"

"I have to agree," I murmured. "Scald against the ground," Moon shot a beam of hot water on the floor that send herself flying upward. "Now hit Type Null," Again she used this attack and again Null endured like a champion, however, this time a burning flame surrounded his body before a few seconds. He is burned now.

"Shit," Gladion apparently understands too. The burn is a secondary effect of the hot water unleashed in Scald, and the secondary effect of Burn is to lower a lot the physical attack of a pokemon. "Air Slash," Again Type Null's strange 'mane' glowed and he sent many slashes against Moon that was now in the air.

"AQUA JET," Moon listened and charged down like a water meteor. Many attacks hit her, really many, however, she kept pushing herself forward clearly using the same strategy as Type Null. She hit his head with all the impact of her own momentum and the gravity itself, and we saw as the mighty Type Null lowered his head with the impact and Moon landed a single foot away.

"CRUSH CLAW," Gladion ordered.

"SCALD," I also roared.

The red claw was just a little away from her head when Moon suddenly lay down avoiding the last attack and sending her own with enough force to send Null flying away.

He flew for entire seconds and was ready to faint for one of them. However, suddenly he spins his body and landed on his feet again.

Moon and Type Null stared at each other for a few seconds more. I grinned my teeth as both of them are breathing heavily. Despite receiving many attacks and being burned, a single attack of Type Null was enough to tire her out just as much as he is.

And out of nowhere a wave of burning flames surrounded him again as the Burn effect act again. His body trembled and his eyes are extremely determined, but soon he fell on his knees and fainted.

"We have a result. The winner is Luna!" Hau gave his judge a verdict.

I let go of the breath I did not know I was even holding and held the tired Brionne in my arms and watched as Gladion kneel beside his pokemon petting his mane and put him inside his white Pokeball again. When he put his Pokeball on his waist I saw two more Pokeball. Looks like he, Hau and I are really walking side by side in this journey, we even have the same number of pokemon in our parties.

"Looks like we still have to fight stronger trainers, partner," Gladion sighed and stood up.

"And why?" I asked. "Being strong and becoming stronger is only meaningful when you have a reason and a way to do it. And you are not on the island challenge, are you?"

"A way to do it?" He turned at us seriously. "I want to FIGHT stronger people so we can get stronger together,"

"If that is the case, then why are you acting as a mercenary? And who contracted your services?"

He kept staring at us for a moment and pointed at Hau. "Look at this boy. He is definitely not weak, nor are his pokemon, but he is not even trying to give all of himself in battle just because he knows he cannot defeat the Kahuna Hala even if he goes all out, so he uses this as an excuse to not even try,"

"You know my grandpa? Wait, you think I'm strong?" Hau smiled and put his arms on the back of his head carefree like always.

Gladion turned his back on us. "I have no more reason to stay here," And walked away.

I put Moon down and watch as he walked a few steps and stops. Not far away two grunts of Team Skull are coming toward us. "Yo, it's you again? Let's finish our business here. I know you have a Zoroark now, and I won't fall for that again,"

"Stop," Gladion calmly said.

"Huh? Why would I? You're not even part of Team Skull, why I have to listen to you?" The grunt asked grumpily.

"Just because he told you what really happened in your last battle and about Zoroark's illusion doesn't mean you have changed. You know you cannot defeat me, so there's no point in trying to fight her," He passed by his side. "You will only get your pokemon hurt for no reason,"

"Her pokemon is weak now, look, it's barely awake anymore, yo,"

"And she has two more Pokeball on her waist with two completely healed pokemon," As soon as Gladion said that the grunt looked at me and his eyes narrowed in anger.

He turned his back on is too and walked away without another word. Gladion, on the other hand, stood there for a few more seconds and looked at us. "I hope I can battle with you again. Train hard and get stronger, so I can get stronger too," He walked away but stopped again. "The next trial is the water one. Your team has no way to really threaten the Totem Pokemon, so beware," He finally disappeared from our view.

"Looks like I have the advantage in this one," Hau smiled and walked toward Paniola Town as if nothing has happened with Torracat by his side (Not that I had seen he freeing himself from his Pokeball... Probably he is spending too much time with Nebby) "I have a very healthy Pikachu with me, but you will have to think in a really good strategy,"

"It seems to be the case," I followed him with Moon by my side too. "Want a Malasada?"

"You will regret asking," Hau grinned as I smiled.

Author's Note:

Another one, and this one presenting a very specific character.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.