• Published 29th Dec 2018
  • 1,243 Views, 76 Comments

Pokémon Ultra Luna. - Lieral



After all the recent events of her life, Vice-Principal Luna wanted to prove to herself that she is not a helpless girl. But she really did not expected to be swallowed by an Ultra-Wormhole and end up in another universe as a child with no way back.

  • ...
3
 76
 1,243

Chapter 13- Grand Trial

The morning almost gave place to the next part of the day, and again I am on the middle of a great ring just made to hold what is about to happen.

"I have been expecting you," Kahuna Hala is right in front of me looking more confident than ever. "Allow me to properly greet the young adventurers embarking on their Island Challenge. I am Hala, the Kahuna of Melemele Island. The final trial here on Melemele will be an one-one battle against me, and it is known as Grand Trial!" His voice sounds far more formal than it truly is, but surprisingly, the view of that old man being serious for the first time is truly intimidating. "You had been entrusted with the Sparkling Stone by Tapu Koko, now show me you and your partner's true power!"

I took my pokeball at the same time as him, and both of us sent out the only pokemon we will be using to decide this battle. "Moon!" I sent out my first partner.

"Hariyama!" Hala yelled and sent out a pokemon I had never seen before. It has narrow eyes and rounded ears. On its head is a short, triangular crest. Dark blue hair grows across the tops of its eyes, around the head crest, and extends down its back to form a long ponytail. The upper half of its body is cream-colored, while the lower half is dark blue. Yellow extensions encircle its waist, resembling a skirt. There is a small, orange half-circle marking in the center of its torso just above the skirt. Hariyama has large hands with three fingers and small, two-toed feet. Both its hands and feet are orange.

I took my pokedex and scanned Hariyama, but the answer I received was not one I was expecting, not because of his type, obviously is a fighting type. 'They love to compare their freakish strength—strength enough to send a truck flying with a single slap.'

"You have to be kidding me!" The surprise was obvious in my voice as I turned my eyes toward Lillie. Last night she said the Kahunas choose carefully their pokemon according the level of his or her challenger.

"What is wrong?" Hala does not seem even a little playful now. "As one that caught the eyes of Tapu Koko that should not be enough to scare you,"

"First of all I decide what scares me or not. And second, I think you are overestimating me," I looked at him straight into these eyes that now lacks any kind of harm.

"Am I?" He asked without caring about my opinion. "After what Ilima saw during his trial I am not so sure of that," Now he took me by surprise. What exactly does Ilima saw? Did he saw when I got physical against Raticate? Because that would be pretty hard to explain... "Now, if you do not mind, my boy Kukui, please do the honors,"

"WAIT!"

"Now, The Grand Trial, a battle between the challenger Luna and the Kahuna of Melemele Island Hala shall... START!" Kukui lowered his arm fast as if opening a race, and as soon as he finished his phrase Hala decided it is a good idea to start and finish the battle as fast as possible.

"Hariyama, ARM THRUST!" Luckily I soon noticed that his pokemon is not as half as fast as strong, he attached with his palm open but was not fast like Moon can be.

"Moon avoid that and disarming voice," She indeed managed to avoid his attack, a good thing since he completely destroyed the place where his fist touched.

But despite the lack of speed he definitely is different from the opponents I faced. Of course he had been well raised and trained, because even without a second command he continue attacking Moon with a dangerous precision, and was not giving her a chance to use her attack. Actually, the only thing that was keeping her still on the game is the amazing acrobatic abilities that I already learned that is a signature of her specie.

"Balloon," She instantly inflated an orange balloon that was soon easily destroyed by Hariyama, but this is exactly what I want. "Keep creating balloons,"

"I am actually feeling a little insulted if you think that these balloons are going to stop us," Hala's voice was definitely not angered and mainly, he does not noticed my strategy yet.

Many different colored ballons are inflated as fast as they are destroyed but they are serving well their purpose. "Bubble Beam,"

Hariyama managed to dodge the attack in an impressive display of agility, so the attack missed and watered even more the floor. "Now, Arm Thrust again," He kept attacking.

My eyes covered all the battlefield and was also taking any detail of the scenery with the fastest speed I can, be it about the holes on the floor or the Palm Tree nearby. After all, not only Moon cannot keep this going on for too long and we cannot win without attacking too... It is time for a change of pace. "Aqua Jet," When one of the many attacks was going to hit Moon she covered herself in water and flew toward somewhere above Hariyama's shoulder with impressive speed and stopped at the other side of the battlefield. "Now disarming voice!"

"Hariyama, stop her with a tackle," Sensing the danger Hala ordered a different attack, and for my happiness it was even better than if he uses Arm Thrust again. They did not noticed the completely wet ring, and when Hariyama attacked he slipped on the floor and Moon did not even needed to dodge before she uses an attack stronger than the one she used against Raticate. And even better was the fact that it hit the target with full force.

Hariyama groaned in both pain and surprise as the super efective pink cannon ball hit his belly and sent him flying toward the other side of the ring. "Now, Water Jet again!" Moon used the attack and this time she aimed just fine, hitting Hariyama right on his face.

"ARM THRUST!" Hala's voice now was covered in surprise and shock. Hariyama tried to hit Moon, but still covered in her personal jet she avoided easily and hit him again, this time right on his belly. And again and again he tried to hit her with his powerful arms, but again her acrobatic skills were far too much for him to deal with, and for each missed hit of his part he received a painful hit from our part.

Hala's face was now covered in sweat as he observed the battlefield just like I did a while ago. He grinned his teeth and with a decided voice he yelled. "BELLY DRUM!"

With the side of my eye I saw Kukui's expression change from an interested one to a truly shocked one. "LUNA, THIS WILL TIRE HIM OUT BUT IT WILL QUADRUPLE HARIYAMA'S PHYSICAL STRENGTH!"

"YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!" Now I am the shocked one. I turned my gaze toward Hala, and I almost can swear I saw the same aura that the Raticate had around him. His expression is hard like stone and the decision was clear in those small eyes.

He crossed his arms in front of his body creating an X and then started to create an arc, and I soon recognize as the z-move dance just like Ilima taught me, but the ending was different since instead of forming an giant Z with his arms he instead started punching the air a lot of times, and he LITERALLY was covered by the same aura as the Raticate that did not stopped on his body, but soon covered Hariyama too.

All my body was basically yelling for us to run away as fast as possible. Damn, the pressure that was overflowing Hala was hundreds of times stronger than the army of Ratata, and even the Totem Raticate seems like nothing more than the flames of a dying candle when comparing to Hala's.

"AQUA JET ON THE TOP IF THAT TREE!" I pointed toward the top of a Palm Tree on the opposite side as Kukui and the others that were almost as pale as I probably am.

"YOU'RE NOT GOING TO ESCAPE!" Hala yelled and pointed toward the tree. "HARIYAMA, FINISH THIS!"

As soon as Moon hit the top of the tree that curved dangerously I saw the most absurd display of strength I ever saw since I came to this world, (and that says something...) Hariyama start punching the very air with blinding speed, and with every punch a shock wave was created totally obliterating the ring and anything in front of him, all the attacks aiming the same Palm Tree Moon had hit a second ago, and the onslaught of hellish attack continued for one of the longest ten seconds of my life and destroyed the Palm Tree and even an abandoned house to the ground before sending one last attack far more powerful that went straight toward the sky and even cleared the few clouds that still had a minute ago.

Such power... I could not help but smile.

This power is so ridiculously huge that obviously have an absurd price. On top of the last piece of the ring Hariyama was breathing as if there is no tomorrow, and Hala was no better. "I think this should do," Hala said looking at me.

"Yes, I agree," He looked at me surprised with my calmness. "FINISH THIS WITH ANOTHER AQUA JET!"

"WHAT?" Hala yelled and too late saw Moon falling like a meteor toward Hariyama that did not even bothered lifting his guard after the Z-move. She hit his face with all the strength that she and the gravity could muster together and sent him flying for various meters before she lands on the now small stage with a respectful bow.

It took a few seconds for everyone to breath again and finally notice what have just happened, and Kukui was the first one to react. He lift his arm and with a surprised voice he announced. "T-THE BATTLE IS OFFICIALLY FINISHED, AND THE WINNER IS THE CHALLENGER LUNA AND HER PARTNER MOON!"

I heard those words with satisfaction. And then it hit me like a punch on the stomach... An uncontrollable need of laughing. I tried to hold back for a few seconds but it was no use, I fell on my part of the ring and laughed like a crazy while covering my eyes with one hand. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Everyone got near me (including Moon) and stayed by my side for a while, but just after a whole minute of unstopping laughter and after all the air left my lungs that I was able to recover from the shock that hit me at the after match. "T-T-That W-was Ridiculous!" I yelled with all the small amount of air I managed to gather. "I CANNOT BELIEVE IT WORKED!"

"What worked? How did Moon managed to get through that without a scratch?" Lillie was the closest one and help me to stand up a little, but all she managed was for me to sit. My legs are still shacking too much.

"THE PALM TREE!" Hau yelled in surprise. "You ordered Moon to hit the top of the Palm Tree so Tutu was going to aim after that, but the Palm tree sent Moon flying on the totally opposite direction thanks to the alavanca effect!" With a single phrase he resumed all my strategy.

"That was..." Kukui looked at me for a second and then started to laugh too. "THAT WAS GENIAL!" Hala laughed too and soon all of us were laughing just because no one was really expecting something like that.

With effort Hariyama stood up and walked toward us, taking Moon on his arms and then putting her on top of his head where she back flipped twice and barked.

"Well, the result come as no surprise for me," Hala offered his hand and helped me to stood up again, and this time my legs were not shacking that much. "What a fine trainer, and what fine pokemon too!"

"TAPU KO-KO-KO!" A laud and imposing sound reverberated all over the place.

"HO! And our mighty Tapu Koko agrees!" Hala looked back at me. "Humph, perhaps Tapu Koko is hoping for a day where you will grow strong enough to face him too! Accept this Z-crystal, it is the fine proof that you finished your Grand trial here on Melemele Island,"

As soon as I touched the orange crystal multicolored flames surrounded my fist without burning it, but everyone except for Hau gave a step back or looked at me worried until the flames faded away.

"W-What was that?" Kukui's voice was the first one to cut the silence.

"Huh?" I looked at him confused. "This is not normal?"

"Where in the world this should be normal?" He exclaimed.

"Seriously?" This time Hau was the one talking. "This happened with me too when I caught my Normalium-z!" He put his hand behind his head and spoke calmly.

"Hum... Look's like you two have something big in your fates," Hala was thoughtful for a second. "Kukui my boy, aren't you going to the second island now?"

"As soon as Hau finishes his Grand Trial too," Kukui put his hands inside his pockets.

"Oh, yeah," Hau almost jumped in place. "And you don't even think in going easier on me than you did with Luna, did you listened me?"

"HAHAHA! Alright, but I think we should get somewhere else," As soon as hala finished his phrase the rest of a big tree that was close to the destroyed Palm Tree fell with a loud thump.

"Yes, somewhere inhabited may be a good choice..."

Everyone laughed again.

Author's Note:

Well, here it is the first grand trial and I hope you all enjoy it.
Please leave a comment and say what you think of the battle style I am using in this fic. I will probably not going to change it, but I would like to see your opinion.