• Published 29th Dec 2018
  • 1,242 Views, 76 Comments

Pokémon Ultra Luna. - Lieral



After all the recent events of her life, Vice-Principal Luna wanted to prove to herself that she is not a helpless girl. But she really did not expected to be swallowed by an Ultra-Wormhole and end up in another universe as a child with no way back.

  • ...
3
 76
 1,242

Chapter 22- Water Trial

The once calm surface of the lake had been such a peaceful view. Many water type pokemon swimming could be seen living their simple lives without a care in the world, and the only thing I was worried about was to guide my small boat with all of my pokemon by my side (While Moon drags the boat itself) in search of the totem pokemon that was somehow hiding itself amidst all the aforementioned water pokemon. Very simple for a Water Trial, right?

At first, I was wondering how come a totem pokemon is hiding so well? Most of the pokemon here are small and weak, not to say repeated since one of those species seemed to be dominant in numbers despite their clear weakness. Where in the world is this 'Demon of the seas' Lana talked about?

Why do I ask? Maybe I am not good at learning my lessons.

"MOON, LEFT!" I desperately tightened the grip on the rope as Moon drifted to the side to avoid a giant wall of boulders where I was trying to attract the freaking 8 meters homicide whale formed of Whishiwashi that shattered the first boulder in the way with a massive beam of water just for the whale itself to shatter the second stone with its head as if all my strategy was worth nothing at all. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? A HYDRO PUMP?"

"Nope, that was only a water gun," Lana's calm voice came from my walkie talkie (Courtesy of Kukui) as Moon swim faster than she had in all her life as Midnight, Arsene and I are desperately trying to hold ourselves inside the boat. "And probably a headbutt. Lucky you, it could had used Waterfall, that would have hurt,"

"IF I GET OUT OF HERE ALIVE YOU BETTER RUN REALLY FAST, BECAUSE I WILL FUCKING MURDER YOU," I yelled at the Walkie Talkie. "MOON, SPEED UP! MIDNIGHT, ROCK THROW! ARSENE, DARK PULSE!"

Moon tried to protest but the sheer fear makes her speed up as I asked in a desperate attempt to get a small distance from the Totem Pokemon. Midnight and Arsene both attacked with their best long-distance attack to hit it with as much force as possible. The many small and sharp stones hit it like a machine gun but did absolutely nothing worthy of mention, luckily the wave of darkness slowed it down just a little bit.

Arsene grinned at Midnight with an air of superiority and the dog groaned in response, but both of them stopped their small competition as a big wave hit the boat almost making us fall off the boat. "Not a good time you two," Moon shift our direction abruptly again. At first, it destabilized me, but as soon as the Totem speed up to Crunch exactly where we were a second ago I decided to trust her instincts. "Arsene, can you create an illusion to trick it?"

He shakes his head and I grinned my teeth. I am starting to understand his power, and sadly, I think that he can only create massive illusions with time and concentration, two things we do not have at our disposal. "Then let us go back to the old way. Dark Pulse and Rock Throw agai... Watch out!"

The Totem shot another water beam and this time I had to push Arsene down on the boat so he would not be hit and the attack passed exactly where my hand was a second ago and hit the big wall of stone that circle us in this lake opening a big hole on it.

Midnight was the first one to recover and attacked again, but this time it hit one of its glowing eyes and it hit another boulder. "Good one, Midnight," This time the dog grinned at the fox, but I ignored. "Moon, take us to the shore, we may have a better chance in the solid field,"

She swam like I told her and drifted again to avoid another strike from the Wishiwashi that soon understood our plan and make a sound like a hundred different beings commanding an army. I turned my face toward him while trying to protect my eyes from the splashing water and could not help but feel uneasy as I noticed that it was not trying to follow us.

A sudden bump hit us and almost makes Midnight fall off the boat toward the water, but Arsene managed to hold him. A wave of insects flew toward us and buzz fiercely. If I remember well, their name is Masquerain. "That Bastard called for help," Again I grinned my teeth and I gripped the edge of the boat with enough force to crack it. "Midnight, Rock Throw,"

His eyes sparkled vengeful as he throws another machine gun of small hard stones to take our new enemies down, and it worked wonderfully. Dozens of hurting cries signed their defeat, after all, if I recall these fellas are Bug and Flying. Absolutely not a good combination against a rock type.

Since we finally stopped, a bunch of blue insects jumped into the boat to fight us, but Midnight is already busy with the Masquerain army. "Arsene, Shadow Claw,"

Ghostly Claws surrounded his own claws and he also jumped into the offensive hitting an insect after the other in quick succession, automatically taking them down.

Another Bump hit us, this time far stronger than before, and it took all of us to hold the boat steady, but a lot of water filled the boat. "What was that now?" I cursed. Now some heart-shape pokemon (I think they are called Alolomola) are trying to turn the boat. I looked at the poor Midnight trying to keep himself brave, but even Arsene let go of their small competition and assumed a protective posture. I should not have brought a rock type pokemon to the middle of a lake.

Some Alolomola jumped off the water and sent their own water attacks toward Midnight, but Moon let go of the rope and jumped too, taking all the three attacks and was sent flying above us and into the water again, and I used this opportunity to punch those fishes by myself, sending all of them flying at distance. "Dark Pulse," Arsene let go of Midnight and attacked the water again and a lot of pokemon was sent to the air around us. "Night Slash,"

He used his claw to slash a single movement creating a strong and darkwave of wind that cut like a blade and defeat almost all of them. "Moon, Disarming Voice,"

She also attacks with her omnidirectional voice hitting a few more of our foes. I scanned our surroundings in search of Wishiwashi but I could not see him anymore. "Moon, stay alert, I think he will target you next," She looked a little surprised at first but nodded nonetheless.

My prediction was proved wrong.

I felt a heavy impact on our boat, and it did not take a single second for the monumental head of the Totem pokemon to tear our boat in two, sending me, Arsene and Midnight to the air while Moon cry in surprise.

I hit the water with my back first, it hurts like hell, but I managed to let my head off the surface. Arsene land on a boulder but desperately pointed at somewhere above me, and I saw Midnight falling toward the water.

I used a pokemon that was swimming close to my feet to impulse myself toward him, but he hit the water hard too. I took him onto my arms quickly while using my legs to keep us floating. The poor guy was trembling and his eyes are watery and probably not because of the water. I put him on top of my head. "Sorry, Midnight. Hang in there just a little more," My cap disappeared during my fall, but this gave him a more stable standpoint. "Arsene, Night Daze! Moon, Disarming Voice,"

Both of them hit the Totem before he could approach Midnight and I changing its route so it destroyed another boulder. "Arsene, keep him busy while I swim," I said already swimming toward the boulder he is in with Rockruff shivering on top of my head.

Zoroark used another dark pulse to hit the Totem, but three Alomomola jumped and received the attack for him. "I never thought I would complain about loyalty," I cursed and punched a few more pokemon in my way.

I put Midnight on top of the rock first and hopped onto it, but an incredible animosity approached really fast, and I turned to see Wishiwashi coming in our direction with clear murder intent. "Dark Pulse again," Arsene attacked and as soon as Midnight shakes the water from his fur he threw a wave of rocks to hit it too.

That pokemon clearly likes a 'tank' like style, since he did not try to avoid the attacks, but took them head-on again, but he felt it too. He was slightly slowed down, but still more than strong enough to shatter our small safe point.

And that was when Moon hit it with water jet and he missed the target by the smallest of margins. "Thanks, Moon! I am sorry, but we are counting on you for this one," I said and both Midnight and Arsene agreed. Water is definitely not their territory.

She looked at me slightly scared, but inside those same eyes, they were filled with determination.

Meanwhile, the demon of the seas turned to face us again, more specifically, toward Moon which he apparently took as his new target. The two enemies eyed each other for a few more seconds, Moon was sweating in anticipation and Wishiwashi is probably trying to find the best time to attack. "SCALD AND THEN DISARMING VOICE,"

She shoots the scalding water hitting it without really doing much damage, and he went to hit her again followed by a few more pokemon that were standing low for a while, but she used her voice to defeat all of them and cause some major damage to Wishiwashi that kept coming toward her. "JUMP!"

She hit the water with her tail and jumped off the way, but before we could breath in relief the Totem surrounded his tail in a furious tornado of water and hit her furiously sending her toward the big waterfall with all the strength a demon could. "Moon!" She let go of a painful cry as the stone walls crack a little with her body. And before we could react, Whishiwashi surrounded himself in a furious veil of water that at first, I thought it was going to use an Aqua Jet, however, it was not nearly as fast but a hundred times stronger.

He hit the wall and Moon with so much force it broke the entire wall creating a tsunami of water that fell like a heavy cloud toward all of us. I hugged Midnight and turned my back toward the murderous wall of water.


The darkness clouded my vision, the water was trying to force its way inside my mouth and nose and all my will power was barely enough to stop it.

Midnight in my arms is my biggest worry. I took my Pokeball on my belt and put him inside while cursing myself for not doing it before. He is a rock type, weak against water, how come I was so stupid to bring him with me?

I can feel the water revolving next to me as Arsene tries to swim too, but many pokemon are trying to stop him from doing so. He used a night slash to push some of them away and I punched and kicked the rest of them. We stared at each other for a second and searched for the surface, but it is so dark down here that I am completely disoriented. The pressure of the water is starting to crush me, and I am running out of air.

Shit. Why is it so dark here? Are we so low level? And what the hell is this trial? The Raticate was not easy, but he was not a threat to my life either. But this Wishiwashi? I see now why he is known as the demon of the sea.

He is powerful.

That is simply it. He is so powerful that without a strategy or known weakness he will end up overwhelming you. All the pokemon around sees him as their leader for a reason.

A drowned sound caught my attention. Arsene can no longer hold his breath, so, I put him inside my Pokeball too, but I could see he did not want to get into it. He is clearly scared I might not have the luck to find my way to the surface, and in this overwhelming darkness surrounding me, I am not sure either.

I think I should be thankful though. Even in such a desperate situation, my friend was more worried about me than about himself.

My eyes were starting to get used to the dark when a blazing light almost makes me blind again and slowly faded away. I looked at the origin of that light just to see something I was absolutely not expecting, a pokemon.

This pokemon had most of its body is white, but it has a long, fish-like tail. It has a long snout with a round, pink nose, bright blue eyes with long white eyelashes, and long light blue hair trailing off the back of its head. A tiara-like structure rests on its forehead, consisting of a line of pearls with a pink sea star at one corner and a thin, transparent blue fin extending back over its hair. On its body are three fins similar to the one on its crown: one that drapes around its shoulders and chest, one around its waist where the fishtail begins, and one near the tip of its tail. It has long front fins with three digits.

It is a pokemon like I have never seen before. Her beauty is more than just being 'pretty' or 'alluring', she was truly majestic.

The demon of the sea looked at that creature with his glowing eyes even more fearsome than ever and used another Waterfall, but in the water that pokemon was far faster. She swam around evading the attack and all the smaller pokemon that were trying to ambush her. During her small performance of agility, she also located me, and to my surprise, a look of recognition crossed her face a second before becoming darkly.

She opened her mouth and started to sing. Her voice was melodious and just as overwhelming as her beauty, but my moment of dumbfounded brain stopped as I felt the water around me changing its behavior abruptly and literally held my entire body static and dragged me toward the closer light is found.

I was sent flying off the water and I hit the shore with all the accumulated strength of the gravity.

My body hurts but not nearly as my lungs. I cough a lot and spit out a lot of water from my mouth and nose as I felt the marvelous oxygen filling me and renewing my strength.

The sound of the splashing water caught my attention and I turned to look at it. The lake was furiously revolving and many big waves are being formed on its borders.

I looked in awe as the lake turned into a big swirl and walls of water rose above the surface carrying that majestic pokemon with it. She stood at the top of one of those walls singing like a songstress and the water was apparently obeying her.

"She can control the water with her voice?" I was dumbfounded. No more, no less. I was just utterly shocked to see such an absurd ability in a pokemon.

A violent burst of water in the Center of the Lake made me take my eyes off the majestic creature, and there I saw the sea demon with an expression of anger and resentment.

He jumped out of the water with the most powerful of the Waterfalls toward his new enemy with his big fangs open and already waiting to devour her.

The beautiful Pokémon sang even louder and a large number of water balloons appeared around it. They weren't like Moon-created water balloons, they looked extremely dangerous, like little bombs about to explode. She surrounded herself with a familiar veil of water that I soon recognized as an Aqua Jet and flew toward the Totem with her many water balloons following her.

Whishiwashi's mouth was more than big enough to devour her whole, but she didn't hesitate for a second and stepped inside the Totem that was as surprised as me. Just behind her the water balloons also entered him as quickly as who had created them.

The totem made a pained expression as everything inside it was literally struggling to get out, and behind it, more specifically at the tip of its tail, the Pokémon tore it from the inside out a second before all the many explosive balloons detonated and they ripped it from the inside out and the many walls of water attacked it and finished the job of defeat the one that had been our strongest enemy so far.

I stood watching the rain of little Whishiwashi falling and the water finally becoming calm again.

I sighed with relief. I'm not sure what happened, but at least I'm alive and my Pokémon are safe and sound inside their Pokeball, except...

An unexpected hug cut my train of thought completely. I looked at who had hugged me and found my savior who smiled beautifully. She held me tightly, but I can tell that her physical strength is not the greatest when it comes to Pokémon, something that is very familiar to me from another Pokémon very dear to me.

"Moon?" I asked without believing in that brief possibility, but she smiled even more at the mention of that name and nodded. "You evolved? That is so amazing," I hug her too. "I cannot believe you defeated that totem alone,"

A small splash caught our attention. I looked around to see a single Wishiwashi smiling at me with a pretty blue crystal inside his mouth.

Author's Note:

Well, here is another chapter.
I do not think I will manage to make the next one this year, but I am almost sure the next one will show us Luna's next pokemon, so, I hope you like it.

Anyway, leave a comment telling what do you want to see happening in this story. It is always good to have a second opinion.