• Published 29th Dec 2018
  • 1,243 Views, 76 Comments

Pokémon Ultra Luna. - Lieral



After all the recent events of her life, Vice-Principal Luna wanted to prove to herself that she is not a helpless girl. But she really did not expected to be swallowed by an Ultra-Wormhole and end up in another universe as a child with no way back.

  • ...
3
 76
 1,243

Chapter 06- Hala

It took us no longer than a few minutes to reach Iki Town again, but thanks to my wounded arm and back, those few minutes seemed way longer than they really were.

"Well, looks like you already meet my assistant, yeah!" Kukui's voice caught my attention before I actually could see him. He was on top of the central ring with his never-ending smile still on his face. Both me and Lillie climbed onto the ring he was in, and I could finally observe that there were strange, white-marked symbols around us. "Lillie, I thought you were with the Kahuna!"

"Kahuna Hala? He said that he had something to attend to, so he left town on his own." Lillie said looking at Kukui as if it is usual behavior.

"Oh yeah? Well, that's a shame. Anyway, where had you been?"

"I was just, um, taking a little stroll up Mahalo Trail while I wait for him to return..." She answered nervously. I narrowed my eyes a little, maybe Kukui does not know about Nebby, or maybe she should not be there in first place. well, actually, I do not know what exists after that old bridge...

"And that's how you met our new guest, Luna?" Surprisingly the subject changed to me, taking me away from my moment of wondering. "She just got to Alola a while ago. Be sure to help her to find her way around, yeah?"

"Luna? Oh, goodness, I can't believe I didn't ask your name before!" She blushed a little and turned to face me. "So, you're also one of the professor's acquaintances? It's very nice to meet you!"

"I can say the same," I answered with what I hoped was my warmest smile, but I am not very good at it.

"THE KAHUNA IS BACK!"

A loud voice makes all of us turn to the same place at once, and there was a lot of people waiting on the top of the stairs that lead to the exit of Iki Town watching as someone climbed up the stairs with a small giggle.

'Hala' is a stocky old man, who has white hair tied in a ponytail similar to his grandson Hau, as well as white eyebrows and mustache. He wears a blue shirt under his yellow jacket with flower pattern, a shirt tied in a knot over a red and white fan. He also wears white shorts and white/blue flip-flops. And in addition, he has squinty eyes.

"Hohoho, have I missed anything?" He said giving small slaps on his own prominent stomach.

"There you are, Kahuna Hala! Was there some kind of trouble?" Kukui asked as if he was talking to an old friend.

"Ahahaha! I just got caught up in the middle of some brawling Rockruff, that's all!" He climbed the small ring and turned his face toward Lillie. "Sorry, Lillie, what were you saying before? For some reason, I thought I saw Tapu Koko flying about..."

Lillie nodded a little embarrassed. "Oh, hum... Yes, Kahuna Hala... Nebby got attacked by some Spearow on the Plank bridge, but Luna here helped us! But the bridge collapsed, and I thought both of them might fall to the bottom of the ravine. And that's when the island's guardian deity swooped to save them!"

"Wow, that's something you don't hear every day!" Kukui for some reason was truly impressed by this fact, a lot more than when Moon and the others saved me, and way more than when he discovered that I am not from this world.

"Ho! Although it is said to protect us, our Tapu Koko is a rather fickle creature. Yet our guardian deity was moved to save you," He finally looked at me, also impressed, by this fact... Well, I do not think is an everyday event for an 'Deity' to move for someone else, mainly if this Tapu Koko is half of what they are saying. "Kukui, my boy, I think we have cause to celebrate! After all, looks like we have a brave and kind new trainer in our midst!"

I would be more embarrassed by such a compliment from an definitely important person, but, it is getting really hard to concentrate in the conversation while having a massive amount of open wounds on my back, reminding me of my small act of bravery and really big act of stupidity. He started to walk toward me, and I had to turn my neck up a little to keep eye contact.

"I'm glad to meet you, child. I am Hala, the Kahuna of Melemele Island. Welcome to Alola!"

"PEW!"

Everyone turned to face Nebby as soon as it started to make its characteristic sound, obviously outside the bag.

"Hey, you little troublemaker, I know the Kahuna and the Professor are here to keep you safe, but you still should stay in the bag, it's safer that way!" Lillie said to the pokemon that clearly do not want to be put inside the bag again.

"Well, I think I have a small present to you Lun... Hey, ARE YOU BLEEDING?" Kukui's voice really reached a loud level when he wants to. He must have noticed to mark on my left arm since I do not turn my back for him to see.

"OH, NO!" Lillie's voice came a second later. "That is from... How could I not notice?"

"It is alright, you do not have to blame yourself..."

"AND WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?" She yelled at me... Actually, she yelled at me with a confidence I do not know she had, and for the first time in many years to count, I was actually scared of receiving a lecture.

"Let's not get into details here!" I looked at Kukui with thankful eyes. "Lillie, you go ahead to the lab and prepare the first aid kit, and PLEASE don't get lost in the way! I will get her there as soon as possible."

"Ok, right, please be fast!" She said and started to run, stopped a little to put Nebby back into her bag, and resumed her run.

"Thank you!" I said and walked away from the ring.

"You're welcome, but she's right at one point, you should have said something!" Kukui reprehends me, but it was not half as scary as Lillie.

"Mainly with all those wounds in your back too!" Hala's voice caught Kukui's attention that suddenly stopped and walked around me in an attempt to see my back.

"You had all those wounds and said nothing all this time?" For the first time since I met him, his smile completely disappeared from his face, and his eyes burned with rage, and also for the first time I saw nothing of his warm side... Maybe he actually IS as scary as Lillie after all.

"Huh? Hey Luna, would you be kind and let me see this sparkling stone you're holding?" Hala said (Thankfully! Is that how my students feel when I got closer? That would explain a lot, actually...) and I turned my gaze toward my right hand, the strange stone was still within my grasp, but it still shined beautifully in the moonlight.

I gave him the stone, after all, it was not mine from the start.

"Where did you get that?" Kukui's eyes widened a little.

"That guardian of yours left behind when he saved me," I answered simply, but Hala's expression suddenly got thoughtful.

"So he gave you that stone... I don't know from where you are, but perhaps Luna, you're here in Alola because this is the place you meant to be!"

That is something I really would pay to see...

"Don't worry, I will give it back to you tomorrow." He said and leave toward the big house I saw Hau getting into before.

"And you, you little troublemaker," Did he seriously called me like that? "Let's get back into the lab as soon as possible."

I finally understand you, Nebby...


"Now, take off your shirt!" Lillie received me with these words as soon as I entered Kukui's lab.

"Excuse me?" I asked back a little surprised as she got closer to me while holding a small first aid box and something purple that seems some kind of sprinkler.

"You heard the lady!" Kukui said with a serious tone. "We cannot take care of you if you don't help us to help you!"

"I know, I just expected for you to take me out on a dinner before asking that," I said and stared the strange equipment in Lillie's hand. "What is that?"

"Huh?" Now she is the one that seemed to be surprised. "It's a potion. It's more often used to heal Pokemon, but it works with humans just fine too!"

"Interesting," I stared the small potion for a while. I saw some pokemon battles, and it is not impossible for one to get seriously hurt in one of them I guess. So, the medicine should be really amazing to take care of such cases.

"I think you can handle it," Kukui said and turned toward the door. "I still need to have a word with Hala, so please Lillie, be sure that she doesn't get in more problem, okay?"

"Don't worry," Lillie said confidently. Where is that helpless girl that watched me falling from a precipice? I think I can handle her better. "I'll be sure she will be in top condition!"

"I'm counting on you!" Kukui answered, waved goodbye and left the house.

"Now, let's go to the second floor," She said and climbed the pink stairs that would lead to the second floor... Thinking about it now, this will be my first time seeing it.

"After you," I said and followed the girl.

I was actually a little disappointed to discover that the second floor is not even half of what I expected. There is a couch where Lillie probably sleeps, a small nightstand with a few pokemon toys and some makeup and lastly but not least, some litters full of books.

She sat on the couch and pointed a place just in front of her. "Now, let me see it."

"..." I sat down without a word. Usually, the only person that I would give the permission to see me shirtless would my own sister, Celestia, and even that is a rare event. But I do not think I have another option right now.

"Well... It could be worse," She said trying to break the ice. She used a cold and clean towel to clean my back. It hurt a little, but nothing I could not handle. I think she is not used to helping another person, her hands are trembling a little and before she uses the next item of her list she asked. "I think this next part will hurt a little bit, so tell me when you're ready."

"Go on," I answered and I heard she gulping behind me. Maybe she is the one that wanted some time to prepare.

"Okay... Here we go," She sprinkled something on my back, and the result was much worse than I expected. First, the cold liquid hit my wound as a jet of pepper on an open wound, which it actually is, but the worst part came next. I felt as if my skin wanted to sew on herself, I groaned in pain for long 3 seconds before the pain started to fade away. But as soon as the first impact disappeared, I felt an unbelievable relief, as if the wound itself has literally disappeared with the pain.

"Are you okay?" She asked with an obviously scared tone of voice, and as an answer, I turned my face a little to look at her directly and smiled. I may not be good at starting a conversation or keeping one, but at least my attempt worked since she sighed in relief. "I know a thing or two about pokemon healing, but I'm not used to healing another person..."

I guessed that much. "Do not worry, I think you are doing a fine job," I smiled at her that blushed and looked away from me with my compliment. Looks like teasing her will be way more fun than I expected.

"PEEEW!" Looks like Nebby does not like to be ignored since he jumps on top of the couch and went toward me with as much force as that strange body of his allowed him to.

"Do not be stingy, Nebby! I need to finish her healing first," Lillie said looking at the little guy from above my shoulders.

"Let her be," I said calmly as I petted his head unceremoniously. "I think he is actually kinda cute," As soon as I finished my phrase I wondered if I really should have said that. At first, the only reaction I received was Nebby being really happy with the compliment, but I think someone else got jealous of that.

My only Pokeball shook a lot, and suddenly, my little Moon got out of it by her on and jumped onto me with a lot of strength, sending both me and Lillie off the couch.

I fell on my back, which hurt a lot, and Lillie fell just by my side. I looked at the small pokemon hugging me with all the force her little fins could muster, obviously she felt jealous about Nebby. I sighed a little and patted her head too.

Ouch...

Author's Note:

Well, here it is (somehow) another chapter.
I know I usually post on Saturday but I managed to finish this one a little earlier than I expected.
But sadly I do not think I will manage to post next week because I am feeling really bad on the last few weeks and if I do not get better soon I will probably only get better in my next life.
Anyway, I wish everyone a good weekend and that enjoy the chapter.