• Published 28th Jul 2012
  • 2,646 Views, 50 Comments

My Little Four Sword: Teamwork is Magic - ErmehgerdMurica



In the forests of Hyrule, the four Links travel in search of- wait. Are those 6 colorful PONYS? Wut?

  • ...
6
 50
 2,646

Vanishing Act/ Images of Another World

Chapter 2

Vanishing Act/ Images of Another World

"And when I try to reason with him, he just discards my advise and acts like its nothing! I worry for his safety, Princess."

After explaining what happened last night to the young Princess Zelda, Link's father looks up to Zelda, who sits high on her throne, and asks her if she can talk to him instead.

"I am sorry, but Link has a free spirit. I cannot make him listen if he does not want to listen, even as a princess." Zelda responds sadly.

"You have been his life long childhood friend, Zelda. Your the only hope I have to get through to him. Can you at least try to talk to him later, Your Highness?"

Zelda sighs, and looks at Link's dad with understanding. "I will see what I can do, but I cannot promise anything."

"Thank you, princess." And with that, he bows to Zelda and leaves.

A few moments pass in silence before a voice is heard in the throne room.

"Is he gone?" Asked Link, as he look out from behind a drape at Zelda.

Zelda giggles in response and says, "Yes, he has left Link."

Link walks out from behind the drapes completely and sits down on the ground next to Zelda's throne. "He's been lecturing me a lot lately about being on a team. Why doesn't he see that I'm perfectly capable of doing things by myself?"

"Link, you know he means well," Says Zelda. "He only thinks of your safety and well being, and you shouldn't take his words too lightly."

"Yeah, I know." Link replies. And, as if remembering something, he reaches into his pocket and pulls something out in a box. "Here. I got this for you in town today!" He hands her the box.

Zelda accepts the gift and opens it. Inside is a corsage of violets. "Why thank you Link, they're lovely."

"Well, remember when we were little and we always used to play in the royal garden? Well, I noticed you almost never get to leave the castle, and I thought you might like some flowers." Link explained with a smile.

Zelda smiles as well. "Well, when you bring me gifts from town, its like I get to leave the castle for a moment. Thank you."

"No problem, princess." Link says.

At that moment, 6 magic maidens walk into the throne room. "Your Highness, the preparations are ready." Says the maiden in front, dressed in blue.

"Thank you, Blue Maiden. Link, there is something I have to tell you." Zelda says as she gets up from her throne.

Link looks at Zelda and asks, "Sure, what is it Zelda?"

"Have you heard of the legend of the Four Sword?" Asks Zelda.

What does that have to do with anything? I've never heard of the Four Sword before. Link wonders. To Zelda he says, "No, what is is?"

"Well, a long time ago, a wind sorcerer named Vaati brought darkness to all of Hyrule, and he also kidnapped many beautiful girls." Zelda explained.

Link replied, "Okay, creepy, power hungry peto out to destroy Hyrule. I'm with you so far."

Zelda continued. "Uh, yeah. Moving on. Vaati thought he could rule Hyrule. But then, a hero with not much more than a sword appeared. When he drew his sword, he was copied into four. Using teamwork, they defeated Vaati and sealed him in the sword. The sword was named the Four Sword and kept in the Four Sword Sanctuary ever since, undisturbed."

"Well, he was defeated. Whats the problem now?" Asked Link.

"I have had a vision. The seal keeping Vaati contained is weakening, and I fear he may escape. So, the Six Maidens and I are going to check the seal to make sure this does not happen." Zelda replied. "Link, you may want to stand back."

Link took a step back as Zelda and the Six Maidens walked up to a Tri-Force symbol that was painted in the tile.

Three of the Maidens each stood on a corner of the Tri-Force. The other three Maidens stood in between. Zelda stood in the middle of the Tri-Force. They all closed their eyes and concentrated. Link just watched intently.

The Tri-Force began to glow. But then, Blue Maiden began to rise in the air. The other Maidens began to float as well. Zelda remained on the ground, but opened her eyes and gasped.

And then the Six Maidens vanished.

~~~~~

"Are we there yet?" Spike asked for the hundredth time during the trip.

"No! No no no no, a thousand times NO!" Rainbow Dash shouted.

Spike waited a moment. Then he asked again.

Rainbow had enough. "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

Spike asked again anyway. He was enjoying this a lot.

This time Rainbow mocked Spike.

"Hey, that's not funny." Spike said.

"Hey, that's not funny." Dash mocked.

"Oh, that's real mature!" retorted Spike.

Dash repeated what he said in an even more mocking voice.

Spike stopped talking for a few seconds.

"See, this is the reason nopony likes you!" Spike finally said.

Dash managed to say it almost at the same time as Spike.

"Alright, your loss." Spike said

"Alright, your loss." Dash repeated.

"I'M JUST GONNA STOP TALKING!" Spike screamed.

"FINALLY!" Rainbow exclaimed.

Twilight Sparkle rolled her eyes. Those too have been going at each others throats since we left. She thought.

The seven traveled in silence for a few minutes before Pinkie Pie spoke up.

"Wanna hear a song I made up just now?"

"Go right on ahead, sugarcube." Said Applejack. "Anythin' to break this silence."

Pinkie sang her mountain climbing song (Which I was too lazy to write), and asked "Who wants to sing next? Rainbow?"

"M-me? I-I don't know.." Dash replied.

"Please, Rainbow?" Fluttershy asked. "I think the animals want you to sing, too."

The animals riding on Fluttershy's back all nodded their heads.

"Well, alright. If you insist." Dash answered. And the began to sing her favorite sing, 'Your Gonna Go Far, Kid'

When she finished, everypony clapped and cheered. Dash stood on her hind flanks and took a few bows before walking again.

"Darling, that was wonderful! Simply divine!" Rarity exclaimed.

"Aww, thanks guys. Really." Replied Dash.

Then everypony was quietly walking.

Suddenly, Spike began to make annoying *Clack!* sounds with his mouth.

Spike, who was riding on Twilight's back, leaned over to Dash's face, and made the loudest *Clack!* noise with his mouth that he could.

Rainbow couldn't take it anymore. "ARHG! ARE WE THERE YET?" She screamed

"Yes!" Said Pinkie. She bolted up to the front doors and opened them.

"Finally!" Spike said. And everypony ran inside.

In the basement, Twilight saw the same liquid ball from her vision. She look inside, and everypony crowded around her.

"What do you see, darling?" Asked Rarity.

In the ball was a castle. Twilight made room for everypony to see the castle.

"Wow! Cool castle! But, I've never seen that castle before. Where is it?" Spike asked.

"Shh... its moving" Said Fluttershy.

The image was changing. Instead of the blue skies there were before, there was a dark cloud covering the castle. From the cloud fell dark, shadowy figures and creatures, that attacked the castles guards.

"What are those things?" Asked Dashie.

"I'm not sure, but they can't be good." Twi replied.

"No, no, not the shadowy things. THOSE things!" Rainbow pointed at guards being attacked.

Twilight realised that they were strange things. They stood on their hind legs at all times, they wore strange clothes, their manes were short, and they had no tails. They also wore shoes on their hind hooves, but heir front hooves weren't there. Instead, there were fingers. They carried spears, and none of them seamed to have wings or horns.

Then she realised that they were being ambushed.

And the creatures were helpless to stop it.