• Published 20th May 2018
  • 1,929 Views, 107 Comments

Dawn’s Break - Chemtest

  • ...
13
 107
 1,929

The Sky’s Rim decides where Dawn goes

—(Raven)—

I click out my pistols clip, and make sure it’s full, “So, it is time to execute our plan now?”

Survivor puts all his weapons back on, “All are eliminated, at least, those that didn’t listen.”

Slendy looks up from his meditative stance, “The Head Scientist has sabotaged the Rake Project. He also said he backed a surprise that will help us. Don’t know what, but if it helps, it helps. If we need help is up to how egotistical each of us feel, me personally, I think this will be hard, and we’ll need all the help we can.”

Avatar puts his glasses back on after cleaning them, “Slendy is correct there, we need a whole lot of help. We have little to no intel on how Dawnbreaker fights, or how strong she is. For all we know, she could be more powerful then all of us, or maybe weaker than a common guard.” Avatar leans forward towards me, “We can’t take risky bets on this, we need to win. If we lose, we die, and this world is doomed, and all of our friends are doomed as well. We can’t take the risk that she will be able to do this again if we lose, so if we do die... we take her with us, no matter what. Even if the entire world is destroyed, it’s better than under her tyranny that allows known pedophiles into high office.”

The Courier laughs as he fiddles with the pin of a grenade, “Oh, I’m gonna bet on this, I am a gambling man.” He throws the grenade up into the air, “Like roulette, bet it all on black. Like blackjack, and I’m gonna double down. Like mao, and I’m useing coffee break.”

“Courier, did you not hear anything of what I just said!?”

He catches the grenade in his hand, “Oh, I heard perfectly. And I still will gamble.” He takes out a random card, an ace, and holds it up, “But what self respecting gambling man doesn’t twist the odds in his favor.” He flicks it up into the air, “If you get to the point where someone asks ‘what will you do with the luck not in your odds’ there is one awnser. The odds are always in my favor, don’t forget that.”

I look at him as he still sits there looking at the card as it floats, “And if it’s not?”

He smirks, takes out his revolver, and shoots at the card all in one fell swoop.

*BANG!*

“Then I rig them.” He gains a proper smile on his face, “Or I shoot the poor son of a bitch that had the misfortune of being more lucky.”

*Clunk!*

A whiskey bottle hits Courier on the side of the head, “Dammit Courier, you woke up the kids!”

Courier rubs the side of his head where it hit, and shrugs, “Well-“

“Well fucking what!? So you can do some action movie scene and quote!?”

“Actually-“

“No! Step that shit up Courier, and don’t do it when kids are nearby trying to sleep! You could’ve damaged some of there hearing! You know people in this world don’t have guns like we do, well the fetlock is an exception, but still! These children have gone through so much, they deserve some rest! God, Courier, think!”

Courier has a look of pure confusion on his face, “This is the same guy who built a helicopter in mid air, and did an fbi open up with me... and he’s telling me to think?” Courier looks at his gun, before pointing it at his head, “Sorry, I think it’s time for me to leave this world, it has become too strange for me.”

I look between the children looking at him curiously, and the Courier himself, “Stop that, the kids might pick up your sense of humor.”

“Is that a bad thing?”

“For children, yes.”

He looks at Chem again, tending to the children, “I don’t think I’m joking anymore.”

I raise a skeleton wall between the gun and his head as he fires, “Your useful, and occasionaly funny, and a friend, I can’t allow you to do that.”

*BANG!*

“I will encase your entire body with that.”

“I’ll get through eventually!”

*BANG!*

“Your just wasting ammo now.”

He moves to pull the trigger again, before stopping, “Oh yeah.” He puts his gun away, “Still, Chem saying someone should think? Is this even reality?”

Chem walks over after he is done calming the children, “Hey, Courier, sorry for going off on you like that. I’m just so angry that Dawnbitch allows that to happen, and that she knew. I just need to focus on aiming my anger.”

Courier looks around helplessly, “Chem is apologizing about something? WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING!?”

*BANG!*

“Damnit Raven put down that fucking shield!”

I shake my head, “No can do, you have to have consequences for your actions.”

A child tugs on the edge of his duster, “Mister, what does ‘fuck’ mean?”

Courier looks down at the kid, “Oh fuck no.”

Chem slaps him on his shoulder, “Oh, come on, corrupting the youth is my job!”

Courier looks up at Chem, then back at the kid, then at his revolver.

*BANG!*

“Raven, let me fucking die!”

*BANG!*

“Awnser the question.”

“Never!”

*click*

He looks at his revolver, “Motherfucker, buggering shit, and throw it all into a bastard that is also a son of a bitch. I am as fucked as a cunt on five cent friday.”

I laugh as I see him come up with more and more.

*Bang, Bang, Bang!*

Then someone knocks on the front door.

I slowly walk towards it, and everyone else draws a weapon. I crack open the door a sliver, “Who’s there?”

I hear a familiar female voice speak out, “Ravens Breath?”

I ease the door open more, and peek out. There I see someone I least expected to show up, “Notepad?”

The others all put down their weapons as I open the door all the way. She sees all of us there, and nods as she clicks her tounge, “I knew it.”

I instantly am back on guard, all the others holding their weapons up as well, “Knew what, Notepad?”

She looks at all of us, “You’re the ponies, or in this case, people who did the assasinations. You’re the revolutionaries.”

I let my guard down in shock, “How’d you figure that?”

She rolls her eyes, “Well, a group of weird looking creatures come in asking about the Heads. Then the Heads die. And those creatures give the prophecy of humans comeing back. And two of yours fit that description. Survivor and Avatar both are humans covering themselves up, and Slenderman is a human like creature. Courier as well, because he doesnt have his guard disguise on right now.”

My closed eyes open a tiny bit in amazement, “Wow, that is clever right there. You’ve got a sharp mind, the only question is what you do with this knowledge. Either have your sharp mind invaded by an equally sharp sword of bone, or anything else.”

She shrugs at my threat, “If i were to expose you, you still wouldn’t kill me. If you were like that, you would’ve killed me as soon as you got info out of me, besides, no witnesses is better than many for those who want to stay hidden.”

I shake my head, “You seem way too knowledgeable about this.”

She shrugs, “I read a lot of mystery novels.”

I shrug as well, “Well, you are correct. You are innocent, I wouldn’t harm you unless absolutely nessisary. But that still raises the question of what you will do with it. We might not kill you, but we can stop you from getting back to town.”

She scoffs, “As if that would matter, the entire town knows. We aren’t some country hicks, we’re pretty smart ponies, when somepony came up with it, they told everypony else. We all accept this as pretty much fact, and I was the one who decided to investigate and see if you’d holed up in the old cabin.”

“So, what will the town do?”

She laughs a tiny bit, “Oh, come on, what do you think? We’ve seen you before, we’ve given you free pass on the train. The town heard from Spitfire that she was attacked by a creature and that you saved her, well not you, but Slenderman. We saw the creatures body, and knew it was true, and we remember those that protect out town and our people. We will join your revolution, nopony likes Dawnbreaker anyway. We just have to pretend just in case the officer walks past, wich we don’t worry about ever since he became the creature.”

I nod, “Well, tell the town we thank them.”

She nods, “We know your going to kill Dawnbreaker, and we support you. Now, last time he walked to the train. Somepony noticed that Survivor was missing his knife.”

Survivor in the back nods, “Yeah. I gave it away.”

She nods, “And one night, our blacksmith had a dream with a knife design in it, one he had never seen before. One that was curved completely, and made of Mithral. He said that the creature in the dream who presented the design to you asked that one made of Mithral be given to you.”

She reaches into her saddlebags, and pulls out a weird curved knife with the blade still in, spring assisted obviously. Survivor takes it from her grasp, and flicks it open.

*Shing!*

He holds it up, and spins it around with the blade open useing a hook on the end, “A Karambit.” He looks at the blade closer, “This shade of green? Why such a sickly shade, why one so familiar?”


(Just imagine it’s a sickly green instead of emerald)

He flicks it around and then flicks it closed, “It is beautifully made. Thank the blacksmith for the gracious gift.”

She nods, “Ill be sure to tell him. I’m sure your all busy getting ready to go to Canterlot, so I’ll go now. Good luck.” She walks off.

I stop her, “Wait, before you go. We have children here, children we saved. Please, allow the town to take care of them.”

She nods and smiles, “We are ready to help them.” She finnaly walks all the way off.

I look back to the others, “Well, Head Judge has a metting with Dawnbreaker planned to discus the ‘prophecy’ and that’s where we suprise her.”

Slenderman stands all the way up, “Then let us go to Canterlot.”

—(The Blacksmiths Dream)—

A strange creature that has a green glow comeing from its eyes hands me a knife, “Build this. And don’t worry about any enchantments, the blood of the Rake will allow it to be enchanted as soon as it is made.”

I simply nod, “Okay.”

“Give it to the Survivor, he gifted his knife away. Oh, and one thing about the blade color!”

“Yes?”

“Make it green.”

“What type of green?”

The creatures green glowing eyes glow even more, “Plauge green.”

Author's Note:

How the hell is this the longest chapter I’ve wrote ever?