• Published 20th May 2018
  • 1,929 Views, 107 Comments

Dawn’s Break - Chemtest

  • ...
13
 107
 1,929

A common problem

—(Chem)—

I sit on the train, with my mate for this assasination, Slenderman. Of course, I’m taking a swig of drink every so often. This body must have a higher alcohol tolerance, or maybe it’s just Irish magic running through my vains. Because if I was still human, or didn’t have that Irish magic, I would probably have died from alcohol long ago. I look over at Slendy, and see him sitting there, “Hey, you wanna try some whiskey?”

He slowly looks up at me, and reaches a tentical up to his face. After a while, he nods, “Sure, never had alcohol.”

I toss him the bottle, “Ain’t you as old as fear itself? How have you never had alcohol before!?”

He shrugs, and catches the bottle in a hand, “I have only been in control for like, a thousand and hundred years. And a thousand of those were trapped in stone. The other hundred have been feared, and generally to busy to sit and have a drink.”

I take a potato out of my hair, and nod at him, “Well, now’s you chance. Go head, have a drink of Ol’ Ireland. It’s high alcohol percentage, but you should be fine.”

He shrugs, and holds it above his head. The amber drink flows like a waterfall onto his face, absorbing it all. After a few seconds, he puts the bottle down, and wipes his face, “It’s good.”

I laugh out loud at his reaction, “How’re you not drunk off you arse from that!? That is like... five bottles, the amount you just had!”

He tosses the bottle back towards me, “Slender in control before had apparently drank. Said our alcohol tolerance was like ‘an Irishman and a British Army Vet’. So, I don’t think I’m going to be drunk anytime soon.”

I laugh a bit more, “Oh, me an you are gonna have to have a drinking contest sometime! I don’t think I can get fainted by alcohol, and you have that tolerance!”

He nods, “I would be glad to, I wonder what I would be like drunk? I know Slender told me to please, please never get drunk, but I am curious.”

I nod back at him, and toss him a potato, “Here, have a ‘tato, goes great with the whiskey.”

He takes it, and eats it, “You know, you sound a lot more Irish now than you did before. Why is that?”

I nod again, because I can, “Oh, I’m not an actual Irishman, and I want to change that. I’m considered a Floridian because I was born in Florida, but I love my homeland a whole lot more. Wether that be Ireland, Scotland, England, or Germany, I will always like them more than Florida, even if it was where I was born. I think changing my voice to be more Irish would be good overall.”

He finishes the potato, “Well, as good a reason as any.”

I decide to fill the rest of the short ride with small chatter... wait a second, “Slendy, where are we going?”

He looks down to me, “Trotingham, that’s where the Speaker of Commoners lives. I hear that he should have been sent away long ago, but changed the system so he could be Speaker for a while. So, he is a bit corrupt, and he always favors Nobles because he is one. His physiological profile also says he is slightly paranoid, and likes long walks on the beach. Oh, and he... ‘likes’ children.”

I shake my head, “Right, I am going to shove a potato down his neck, and a bottle up his ass!” Then I start to smile, “So, an Elderich Being and an Irish King walk into a fortress.”

—(Slendy)—

I swear on the creators, do not get drunk. It either goes really good, or really, really, fucking bad. And never be high either, I do not want to know what that looks like!

Relax, Slendy, I’ll be careful. Now, hush, I have a job to do.

I look at what is basically a fortress in front of us, surrounded by guards. I look over to Chem, “So, we need to sneak in. And you need to bring a bottle and potato. Got any plans?”

He looks over at me, “Say, you control who sees you right?”

“Yes.”

He smiles, “I have a plan.”

———

“This is a very bad plan!”

“Shush, it’ll work!”

I look down as Chem climbs into my suit. He manages to barely fit, and I set myself to not be seen by the guards. Chem peeks his head up, and smiles at me, “Everytime you smile that way, I doubt this will work more and more.”

He shakes his head nonchalantly, “Relax, they see me, I can kill them.”

“We want as few deaths as possible, but we still need to get our job done.”

He looks at me again, “Do you have a better plan?”

I shake my head, “Not one that includes getting you in too.”

“Then we try this!”

I shrug, “Alright. But you better be ready to bail!”

He points forward, “Onwards!”

I walk up to the main gate, making sure to make as little sound as possible. I tip-toe past the first guard... and get by fine. I sigh a breathe of relief and Slender Walk all the way to the office.

I open the office door, and slip in. Sitting at a desk in the middle is a napping Speaker. Chem gets out of my suit, and approaches him dangerously. I walk past him to a door behind the Speaker, “Chem, do as you will, I’m going to check back here.”

I see him nod, “Will do, gladly!”

I open the door, and walk in. What I see is... horrible. Children, foals, Griffin chicks, dragon hatchlings, goat kids. All held within cages. They all see me, and I can sense they fear me. I look around the room at all of them, “Children, do you wish to escape?”

All nod with various degrees of hesitation. So, I spread my tentacles, and break every lock in the room, freeing them. I can feel their fear wash away, and they jump out of their cages. Some try and run to the door, wich I block, “You cannot escape that way. This place is a fortress filled with guards, and you cannot sneak by all of them.”

One brave foal approaches me, “Then how are you here!?”

I kneel down to his level, “I can control who sees me, and I snuck in here with my friend. My friend is takeing care of the Speaker. I can sneak you out in the same way. What is your name, child?”

I look at him some more, and he fluffs up, “I’m Soarin, and I protect the others!”

I nod, “Alright, Soarin. In order to escape, your going to have to climb into my suit so I can sneak you out.”

“How to we know you aren’t like the Speaker!?”

I sigh, “If I was, would I have freed you? Why wouldn’t I have asked the Speaker for one? He is dead, and I am here to free you, please just accept that before the guards realise he is dead!”

“Show me!”

I walk to the door, and look through. Yep, the Speaker is definitely dead. I show the foal, “There! Believe me now that you see his potato peeled body?!”

Chem peaks his head over to look at me, holding a rusty potato peeler in his magic, “Is that a room of kids back there?”

I nod, “Yep.”

Chem’s face turns a shade of red like blood, “Can we bring his body so Raven can revive him, and have him get tortured again?”

I shake my head, “No room in my suit, especially with me having to free these children.”

Soarin looks between his body, and me, “Fine, we’ll climb in.”

Chem smiles, “Don’t worry, lad, you’re going to be brought to a better place.”