• Published 4th May 2018
  • 759 Views, 25 Comments

Equestria V.S Tartarus: Battle Of The Century - Whooves235



Equestria has bean at peace for eleven years, now with the return of Tirek and Princess Cinch the Main 6 will have to do evrything thay can to save there home

  • ...
3
 25
 759

Chapter 10: The End Game Pt 1

Twilight ran as fast as she could. She knew that she needed to stop Tirek, but how she was going to do that was still up for debate. Without The Elements, they couldn’t use the rainbow power like last time.

"Twilight, we need to move now!" Rainbow said.

"Look out!" Fluttershy said, just as a wing of changelings and a squad of Shadowbots landed nearby. Thinking quickly, Rarity created a diamond shield around the group just as a volley of magic bolts flew at them, bouncing off the shield and hitting the ground with a series of loud thuds and throwing up dust around them. There was a violent crack as the Shadowbots flew into the shield as well, and several hairline fractures began forming.

"Twilight, Rainbow, Pinkie, Fluttershy, go on without me!" Rarity said. "My diamond shield can only hold for a short amount of time!"

"We are not leaving without you!" Pinkie said.

"Don't worry darling, I'll be right behind you," Rarity said, trying to fake a smile for Pinkie.

"Rarity's right, we need to go now!" Rainbow said.

As the group ran ahead of Rarity they could see the Castle of the Two-Sisters, or what was left of it.

"W-what happened to the castle?" Fluttershy said.

"Tirek has turned it into a fortress," Twilight replied grimly.

"How in Celestia's name are we going to find Tirek and..." Rainbow said

"MOM!!" Zap shouted.

"That came from the castle’s courtyard!" Twilight said, her head snapping to the source of the sound.

Before the group could start towards the sound, however, a chittering sound was heard from above. They had spotted the group from the air, and now began getting into an attack formation and descending towards them.

"Twilight, I hope you know a healing spell, because after this we’re gonna to need it," Rainbow said.

Ponyville Hospital

As Applejack and Starlight entered the Hospital they could only see one thing: despondent ponies sitting in chairs bleeding and nursing wounds, with nurses and doctors rushing in and out of rooms, clearly overwhelmed.

"Excuse me Mrs. Tenderheart," Starlight said.

"Starlight, Applejack, what are you doing here?" Nurse Tenderheart said, "Can't you see Ponyville has become a war zone? We’ve got wounded to heal!"

"I understand, but we need to get to Spike," Applejack said. "Which room is he is?"

"Room A113," Nurse Tenderheart said. "Now please excuse me, we have a pony who seems to have claimed to have seen a train become a giant robot, and we need to get him some anxiety pills right away."

As Starlight and Applejack walked down the Hospital hallway all they could hear was screaming and crying. "Look there, room A113."

"Spike, you awake?" Starlight said.

"Starlight, is that you?" Spike said.

"Yah, it’s us," Applejack said opening the door

"What is happening out there?" Spike said.

"Tirek’s invading Ponyville. He’s gonna make his last stand and we need you to send a message to the Princesses telling them that we need all the help we can get!" Applejack said.

"Do you have the letter?" Spike asked.

"Here," Starlight said.

As spike took a huge breath, green fire came out of his mouth, disintegrating the paper. "There, sent."

"Ok, now we need to go!" Applejack said.

"And leave all these defenseless ponies here?" Starlight said.

"Well, Zap is still out there and I need to find him!"

"Then you need to go," Starlight said. "I will stay here and watch over the hospital."

"Starlight, are ya sure?"

"I would only get in the way. Now go!"

"Good luck Starlight."

"Thanks," Starlight replied. "Good luck to you as well."

As Applejack ran out of the hospital she quickly headed into the Everfree Forest towards the rest of the group. "Hold on Zap, I’m coming,” she whispered under her breath."

Tirek’s Castle / Throne Room

"Lord Tirek," Cinch said, "Twilight and her friends have arrived."

"All of them?" Tirek said.

"Applejack fell behind, she is headed in our direction now. Rarity has been... Disposed of," Cinch said casually before tossing Tirek a cloth.

"What is this?" Tirek asked.

"Like I said," Cinch said as Tirek pulled out Rarity’s severed horn, "disposed of."

Tirek smiled wickedly "You have done well, Cinch," Tirek said. "Now go to the Courtyard and finish the portal."

"Yes, my master," Cinch said.

"Soon father," Tirek said, staring at a picture of his father standing over the bones of his enemies, "I will make you proud."

Outside Tirek’s Castle

As Twilight and Fluttershy took out the last of the Shadowbolts she looked to see Dash and Pinkie had done the same with the changelings.

"You know Twi, if the world wasn't about to end this would make a really romantic first date," Pinkie said.

"Date?!" Rainbow and Fluttershy said simultaneously.

"Long story," Twilight said. "Now let's move."

"Hold on y'all," Applejack said.

"Jakie!" Rainbow shouted, zooming into her wife's arms. "Where is Starlight?"

"She is back at the hospital with Spike helping out," Applejack said. She looked around, noticing the group was short one pony "Where’s Rarity?"

"You didn't see her?" Twilight said.

"We’ve gotta go back for her," Fluttershy said.

"We can't, Tirek could make his move any moment now!" Rainbow said.

"As much as I hate to say this, Rainbow is right," Twilight said. "Besides, I have been training Rarity in magic ever since the Shadowbolt war, she will be fine."

"But Twilight, we..." Fluttershy said.

"Sugarcube, Rarity will be fine. We gotta go," Applejack said.

As the mane five reached the courtyard they could see Tirek, Cinch, Wallflower, Flam, and Lightning Dust were waiting for them.

"Welcome Twilight. I’ve been expecting you," Tirek said.

"It's over Tirek," Twilight said. "I will give one chance. Go back to Tartarus or you will pay."

"Oh, and I was so getting attached to my new pet," Tirek said as he snapped his fingers, revealing Zap in a cage.

"MOM, HELP!"

"You let my son go you bastard," Applejack said.

"Your son?" Tirek said. "I was told that he was the child of...." Tirek gave a smile so wicked even Pinkie was scared.

"Oh this is just brilliant," Lightning Dust said with a smirk. "Rainbow is a Fillyfooler!"

"Why you-"

"Sugarcube, now is not the time," Applejack said.

"I mean it’s unnatural!" Lightning Dust continued. "And Applejack! I would have thought you would have gone after Soarin, or since you are a fillyfooler maybe Spitfire, but this mud-pony,… to think I was almost friend's with an, an… abomination!"

Rainbow saw something in Applejack she had not seen before. Fluttershy had seen that face once before when she went to Las-Pegasus with Applejack on that friendship quest. She had the same look when she found out Flim and Flam were working there.

"An… abomination," Applejack said slowly, her anger raising to a boil. "An Abomination! You don't know a thing about love, and what Rainbow and I have is love, pure and simple. It is not wrong or unnatural! It’s no ab-ab…abomination, and it ain’t no illness! It’s the most precious, sacred, and pure of things, be it between colts and mares, mares and mares, or colts and colts!"

Rainbow was in tears. She had never heard her wife speak such beautiful words in her entire life. Meanwhile, Lightning Dust was stiff with fear, and pure anger.

"And seeing you say those things… proves that YOU are as much as a monster as he is!" Applejack said. "And all my friends are with me to accept that."

"Well, I wouldn’t say all your friends," Tirek said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Pinkie said.

Tirek grabbed the tarp and unrolled it revealing Rarity's severed horn, with fresh blood marks staining the bone.

"No..." Gasped Twilight.

Fluttershy was in tears, Rainbow threw up, Applejack was stiff with fear, and Pinkie had fainted.

"It looks like friendship will not be saving the day after all," Tirek said.

"YOU ARE DEAD, TIREK!!" Twilight roared with the full force of the Canterlot voice, shooting a giant laser beam at Tirek and launching him backward against the wall.

"ATTACK!!" Lightning Dust yelled.

The final battle had begun.


"MOM!" Zap shouted from his cage, which was being guarded by Wallflower.

"We’re coming Zap!" Rainbow Dash and Applejack both yelled.

"Lightning Dust, stop them!" Wallflower said.

"It would be my pleasure," Lightning Dust said. "I am coming for you, fillyfoolers," she cackled, barging at Dash and Applejack at top speed.

The sky was dark gray so Rainbow could barely see, but she could see well enough to know where to hit Lightning Dust.

"Applejack, you deal with Wallflower," Rainbow said. "I'll take care of Dust."

"On it," Applejack said.

Applejack charged at wallflower at top speed. "You traitor!" she said.

"The only traitor is you!" Wallflower said.


Meanwhile, Pinkie out of all ponies was dealing with Flam.

"Ok Mrs. Pinkie, you liked my cider, so let's see how much you like my ACID CIDER, WITH EXTRA DEATH!!" Flam said.

Pinkie dodged the shots coming from the modified Super Cider Squeezy 6,000. "You’re going to have to try a lot harder to get rid of me," Pinkie said, digging into her hair and pulling out her Party Cannon. "I will do to you what I did to Dash in that one dream I had!" Then she fired a cupcake shaped cannonball at the Super Cider Squeezy 6,000, destroying it.


For Twilight, Tartarus was breaking loose. She and Fluttershy were battling Tirek, and the once Kind, Loving Twilight was now ready to Kill Tirek for all he did for Rarity…

"Face it, Princess Twilight, you have lost," Tirek said. "With the elements on my side I will gain my powers back, and I shall rule over both Tartarus and Equestria!"

"I will not let you win, Tirek!" Twilight said.

"We will see about that" Tirek said, then he snapped his finger and summoned a familiar friend. "I believe you know Discord?"

"DISCORD!!" Fluttershy screamed. "What have you done to him!"

"With the help of Cinch and her off-world technology, I have mind controlled Discord by using my horn’s magic," Tirek said. "He will do whatever I say. For example." He pointed his finger at Discord, then at Fluttershy, then slid his finger across his neck. Discord looked at Fluttershy and knew what he was told to do.

"Discord?" Fluttershy said. "It's me, Fluttershy." She slowly backed away from Discord.

"Oh, I am afraid he can’t hear you," Tirek said.

"Discord, please! It's me, your marefriend," Fluttershy said. "Please Discord, remember me!"

"Let him go, Tirek!" Twilight said.

"Never," Tirek said. "Once Discord has disposed of your shy, yellow friend it will only be me and you." He walked over to the portal Cinch.

"Cinch...Is the portal almost done?" Tirek said.

"It only needs one thing and then it will be done," Cinch replied.

"What do you require?" Tirek said.

"The blood of a Princess," Cinch said.

"I am a little busy with this one," Tirek said. Twilight, ready to attack, turned and noticed the machine.

"What is this contraption?" Twilight said.

Tirek then leaned over to Cinch, whispering something.

"Of course," Cinch said, grabbing her spear and flying off.

"Tirek," Twilight said, "What are you doing?"

"You see Twilight, my plan was never to rule Equestria," Tirek said. "It was to remake it in my image."

"What?" Twilight said.

"Using the Elements of Dis-Harmony, Cinch’s off-world technology, and unicorn magic I will open a portal to Tartarus and release all the monsters and ponys who were trapped there," Tirek said.

"But....Why?" Twilight said. "If you like Tartarus so much why would you want to leave only to bring it back?"

"Tartarus is a prison," Tirek said. "What I am doing is simply making a better version of it where we are free to do what we want when we want."

"Not If I have anything to say about it!" Celestia said in her Canterlot voice.

"What?!" Tirek said, looking up. Just then the sky broke open, and coming through it were Celestia, Luna, and Cadence wearing battle armor.

"Tirek, your reign of terror ends now!" Celestia said.

"Oh really, Celestia?" Tirek said. "Well then… It's a shame that you will not get the satisfaction of seeing your plan through.”

"What are you..." Celestia said before Cinch came out of the clouds charging at her.

"Celestia, your time on Equestria has come to an end!" Cinch said, flying towards Celestia's back with a spear.

"Celestia, look out!" Cadence yelled.

Celestia jumped out of the way of Cinch's surprise attack, allowing the spear to instead pierce the person who was behind her: Cadence.

"AGH!" Cadence shouted, as the spear penetrated her in the stomach and slowly she dropped her weapon, falling towards the ground.

"CADENCE, NO!" Celestia and Twilight said as they saw her fall to the ground.

"Finally," Cinch said, "I have killed a Princess!" Cinch said, then flew over to the portal and put the spear over the device, allowing Cadence’s blood to drop onto it.

“NOW LET YOUR DIMENSION BE FREE, TIREK!” Cinch shouted. A loud boom echoed across Equestria and the portal activated.

“No…” Celestia said.

"Yes," Tirek said, looking at the direction of the portal.

Thousands of beasts and demons were seen through the portal coming closer and closer to entering Equestria and turning it into New Tartarus.

Author's Note:

Hey guys im really excited about this chapter it took a lot of work and thought so hope you enjoy next chapter should be out fairly soon