• Published 26th Jul 2012
  • 6,013 Views, 129 Comments

From My World To Theirs - Mr Scribe



[All characters are humanized] Have you ever woken up somewhere you didn't recognized or even know how you got there in the first place? Would you even believe me if I told you that I'm in a world which is based on a TV show about

  • ...
32
 129
 6,013

From A Cold City To A Warm Town

It was a cold and winter morning as I walked home from a late night at a mate’s house in the city. I was dressed in my normal winter gear: my long-sleeve black jacket, a pair of black jeans, a black trench coat, my black fedora and a pair of black sunglasses.

Normally, I don’t need to put on my black scarf or my black gloves, but it was cold this morning. Like, freezing cold. I dug through my shoulder bag, finding both of them at the bottom of my satchel along with my laptop, my USB hard drives, iPod and other random stuff. I have to remember to clean this out once I get home.

I chuckled to myself. Hell, I’m luckily enough I found them and got them out of my bag without all of my stuff falling out.

Last night was one of those nights where I just let go. The whole night was full of video games and drinking. I don’t normally drink that much - no more than 5 or 6 shots of rum and coke - and the only time I do drink is when I’m out with buddies of mine. To be honest, I just don’t see the point in getting stone-cold drunk. Getting buzzed... doesn’t appeal to me that much.

I guess you could say that’s a good thing.

Half an hour later, I reached my apartment. Nothing really special, it was only a two bedroom apartment (the second room was just in case anyone needed a place to stay), with a living room, kitchen and bathroom. It was a simple life, but it was a home of sorts. I didn’t think about it much.

Opening the door, I tossed my sunglasses and hat onto the kitchen counter, along with my gloves and scarf. Carefully placing my bag onto the table, I went into my bedroom, took off my jacket, and looked into the mirror.

I was a thin twenty-one year old guy, tall at about six-seven, with short light brown hair which ran to orange in the bright light. I didn’t consider myself good looking, I was just very plain.

As I looked a bit closer in the mirror, I noticed that my blue-green eyes were bloodshot. I wasn’t surprised - I had been up since six A.M. yesterday morning for work as a video game character artist.

Maybe it also didn’t help that I went straight from work to my mate’s house, and played video games all night long.

“God, I need to get some sleep,” I said in a slow, groaning yawn. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and looked at the time, it was 8:30am; I looked at my reflection, then back to my phone.

“Ah, stuff it. I’ll just go to bed early tonight.” I said as I put my phone back into my pocket, walking out to my satchel and grabbing one of my USBs. I plugged it into my computer in my living room and sat down in my computer chair.

After typing in my computer password, I quickly went on to the internet and onto Youtube, clicking on the latest episodes of My Little Pony.

I remember how I started watching this show, as a mate of mine that I used to go to college with when I was doing my game design course for the better part of two years from 2010 - 2011, introduced me to it and I started to like it. Mainly due to how great it looked since it was made in Flash, which could be very temperamental to work in, but later on I started to like it for its humor and how well the characters were developed.

But as I started watching, the show was put on hold after episode thirteen due to them losing all completed future episodes and their files after a freak accident of some sort, causing them to redo it all from scratch. It wasn’t until early March of 2012 that they started showing the rest of season one.

After waiting for the website to load, I found the last three episodes of season one and started to watch them, while relaxing in my chair.

After the last of the latest episodes was over, I got up and grabbed my notepad and a book on supernatural myths and legends, as I started writing down some notes for a game idea that I was working on. I decided to stop for the day after an hour of writing, just as my phone started playing its message tone.

I quickly grabbed my phone out of my pocket to see who sent me the text. Lo and behold, it was one of my mates, probably seeing if I got home alright.

I open the text and from first glance, for anyone else who might have being reading it, the text looked like gibberish, due to all the drinking the sender of the text did last night.

After quickly translating the text from what I would like to call “Drunk-ish” to English. The text was asking if I got back alright, and if I wanted to come back over tonight for a game of Dungeon and Dragons.

As much as I wanted to go and join them, I couldn't. I was still tipsy from last night, which I wanted to sleep off and I doubted that I could get my creative juices going for a game of D&D tonight. In the end I replied to his text with a 'maybe' and that 'I’ll call you if I’m coming over.’

With that out of the way, I looked at my phone to check the time, only to see that it was about 10:30 in the morning.

I got up from my computer chair and went to grab my USB drive, and put it back into my bag and place that near the lounge just in case I got up in time to go to the game.

I then went and grabbed my jacket and trench coat, and my fedora with my glasses on top. I placed my hat on top of my bag and used my jacket and coat as a makeshift blanket as I laid back down on the couch and drifted off to sleep.

A few hours later . . .

With my eyes closed, still trying to sleep, some birds started to chirp loudly outside.

Did I leave the windows open again? I thought, trying to block out the sounds as I rolled over, trying to get comfortable on my couch, only to feel something sharp jabbed me in the hip.

I lazily opened my eyes to see what had jabbed me, it was a tree root. When I rolled over, I should've seen the back of my couch in my apartment, but instead there was a field with rows upon rows of trees.

Finally now fully awake, I looked around, with only one thought on my mind.

“Where the fuck am I?” I asked out loud.

I sat up and found my shoulder bag next to me a few centimeters away. Upon seeing it, I started to panic, and quickly opened the bag to see if all of my things were still in there, which luckily they were.

Following that, I then saw my hat and glasses next to my bag and decided to put my hat on, then attempted to stand on my feet. Using the tree as some form of support, I finally stood up, only to be hit in the face with a bit of cloth that I recognized.

As I pushed it out of my face and looked up the tree, I saw my trench coat and jacket.

“How the hell did they get up there?”

After looking at the tree that was holding my jacket and coat, I was forced to go back to my first question- Where the fuck am I?

I did a proper look around and noticed that the trees had apples on them ,and not just three or four trees, but every tree that I could see has apples on them.

“Okay, I’m betting that I’m on an apple farm of some sort.” After saying that, my mind went into overdrive.

Crap, this farm might have dogs, or guns, or dogs with guns! I thought in a panic; however, I had to laugh out loud about the dogs with guns due to that one Robin Williams joke about the right to arm bears. I then remembered to shut up just in case I was heard. I couldn’t afford to get hysterical.

I decided to grab my stuff from the tree, shrugging them on as I started to look around, trying to see if there was a fence nearby that I can jump over to get off the property. Thankfully I saw a fence far off in the distance and started walking quickly towards it.

However, as I neared the fence I was spotted.

Nearby a dog started barking and I quickly turned my head to see, all the while thinking; Please let it be just a dog, please let it be just a dog!

After I turned my head to face the dog, I saw a person walking with the dog.

“Ah crap!” I said to myself, the dog’s owner caught sight of me as the dog continued to bark.
Now at this point in time I slowly moved towards the fence. Everything went smoothly until a sudden SNAP of a branch under my feet spurred the dog to start chasing after me.

“AH SHIT!” I shouted as I started to run for the fence.

Behind me, I heard the woman yelling. “Winona! You get back here and leave that man alone!”

I wasn’t about to turn around and see if the dog did as she was told. I ran like hell to the the fence, I just hoped that I wouldn’t run out of breath before I needed to jump it.

As I was getting closer I realized something: it was one tall-ass fence. It was about five feet tall and I knew I couldn't have ever cleared it, even with a running start like the one I had. In the shape I was in, I doubted I could clear even half its height without tripping and falling.

Ah fuck it, I’ll just have to pray that gravity fails for a second so that I can clear it. I quickly thought as I neared the fence.

I prayed for a good five seconds as I ran and then jumped forward, I squeezed my eyes closed in fear of what might happen next.

I didn’t feel any pain of any sort. I opened my eyes and quickly looked around.

I was on the other side of the fence.

“I made it?” I said in shocked disbelief as I then started laughing and shouted “I MADE IT, HA HA!” laughing at my success.

However I stopped my laughing, realizing what I had just done. I had just jumped a five foot fence, a jump I could never had made in my entire life, so how the hell did I do that then?

I thought of every logical thing that I could think of, as to how I got over that fence, while crossing off things at the same time. The only two things that I could come up with that would make any sort of sense was that I must've stepped on a tree stump and used that to jump over the fence or that I vaulted over it. But that even that left me with more questions than answers.

However as I started to drive a bit further into it, a voice and a bark broke my train of thought, I knew I had forgotten about something.

When I turned around, I finally noticed the person who owned the dog was a young woman, no older than myself, but there was something unusual about her, like I knew her from somewhere, but just couldn’t place it.

The woman wore a brown Stetson hat and well worn blue jeans, with a red checkered flannel shirt and brown cowboy boots as well. I didn’t notice her hair until she turned her head to see what I was looking at, as she had her long blond hair tied into a ponytail and out of the way of her face, but her voice brought me back down to earth.

“Excuse me, feller, but what in tarnation are you looking at?” the cowgirl asked.

“What? Oh sorry, what was the question again?” I asked, a bit dazed at the moment.

There I go with that weird feeling again, her voice sounds so familiar, but where have I heard it? I thought, growing even more confused with each passing moment.

“Ah asked if you would please kindly tell me, why yer were in mah apple orchard without mah permission?” she repeated, leaning on the fence looking at me with her dog at her side.

“I... uh, it’s kind of hard to explain to be honest.” I said looking at her. I didn’t even remember how I’d gotten here myself.

The cowgirl lifted one of her eyebrows at me, expression bidding me to continue.

Yeah, she doesn’t believe me, I thought and started to feel worried a bit.

The cowgirl clambered over the fence and started to walk towards me, her dog ducking its way under the rungs to follow her. At this point I was sweating bullets, eyes locked with hers as she stared me down. She had bright green eyes with a few freckles under them and was of average height, maybe a bit tall for a girl at around 5’9”. For the third time I got that weird feeling again.

Dude not now, you might get the crap beaten out of you, or worse she might sic the dog on you! You gotta pay attention! I thought to myself.

The cowgirl finally broke the silence. “What’s yer name feller?”

I decided to take a quick breath of air before answering her trying to calm myself down.

“Uh… it’s Vincent, my name is Vincent Pleasant.” I answered her.

“Fancy name you have there.” she complimented, and despite the bizarre circumstances I didn’t find myself doubting her sincerity, she seemed the honest type.

“Thanks, and seeing how I told you my name, you mind telling me yours?” I asked, trying hard to look as friendly as possible.

“Ma name is Applejack. I work here at Sweet Apple Acres, and this little doggie here is Winona.” Winona barked once, wagging her tail at the mention of her name.

Before Applejack even finished her sentence a thought came screeching into my head.

Wait a minute; did she say that her name was Applejack? That can’t be right! I quickly looked at her again and took all of her features and put them on an orange pony.

A blond-haired, freckled, cowgirl-hatted orange pony.

As I put two and two and two together, the sound of glass shattering went off in my head.

You’ve got to be fucking kidding me! I thought.

During that time, I zoned out again as I stared at her, and Applejack gave me a weird look, forcing a cough to snap me back to the situation at hand. I shook my head and looked back at her.

“Sorry about that, I’m just still trying to figure out where I am. I’ve never heard of a place called Sweet Apple Acres before.” I said to her, deciding to play dumb for as long as I can here. I didn’t want to let her or anyone else know that I knew way more then I should.

Now it was Applejack’s turn to look confused. Hell, I think even her dog looked confused, cocking its head to the side with a whine.

“Good gravy Vincent, how have you not heard of Sweet Apple Acres?” she asked me.

Oh, I have heard of it, but if I told you how you might just send me to the crazy house. Bloody hell, what can I possibly tell her? I thought to myself.

“To be honest I don’t know why I never heard of this place,” I told her, shrugging my shoulders and having a quick look over the parts of the apple orchard that I could see. “but it does look like a nice place to live and you must have worked hard to keep this place so well maintained.” I said, and hoped she’d react to the complement of her livelihood the way the AJ I knew would.

“Well Vincent, seeing how yer never heard of the Apple family cooking or hospitality, how about you come up to the house with me and try some of our chow?” she asked me, a small smile on her face.

I was a bit hungry, seeing how the last thing I had to eat was at 2AM, and that was only a small bag of chips, but I had more pressing matters at hand.

“Thank you for your kind offer, but I’ve got a lot of things I need to get done today, sorry.” I told her, trying to sound as regretful as possible.

To be honest she may have thought she was Applejack, but unless I had some kind of proof to back it up, I just couldn’t believe her for who she said she was. I had seen and read stories about people who got so into the ponies that they couldn’t tell the difference between reality and the fiction of the show. Hell, right now, maybe I fit that description.

Applejack seemed to be a little disappointed at what I said, but she nodded anyway, “That’s okay hun, just promise me to come over to Sweet Apple Acres once you have time to try mah cooking, maybe that will jog your memory about this place.”

I let out a small laugh and flashed Applejack a smile, “Ok, I promise that I will come around once I have the time.”

Applejack smiled back at me “Shake on it?” she asked.

“I’m willing to shake on it.” I told her.

Applejack raised her hand to her face and spat on her palm, then held out it in front of me, all I could do was look at her hand for a minute then shrug my shoulders again.

“Meh, when in Rome I suppose.” Before I spat into my own palm and shook Applejack’s hand.

After we finished shaking hands, I resisted the urge to wipe the spit from my hand in front of her, in case it was considered offensive if I did so. But before I could say anything else, Winona started barking at something.

“What is it girl?” asked Applejack to her dog.

Please don’t tell me that her dog can talk back to her, I don’t think I can take it, I thought to myself.

Luckily for me, the dog ran off towards the fence, under it, and out of sight.

“Winona! Where’re you going?!” shouted Applejack.

“Maybe you should go and see what she went after?” I suggested.

“Yeah, I should, shouldn’t I?” said Applejack and started running after her dog, but stopped once she got to the fence, one hand resting on the wood in preparation for the vault as she turned back.

“I’ll see you later Vincent! And remember yer promise!” She shouted to me.

“Don’t worry Applejack, I always keep my promises!” I shouted back to her, holding up my hand that I had spat on and giving her a wave; Applejack did the same, then climbed over the fence and ran after her dog and from my sight.

I finally wiped the spit off of my hand and onto my jeans while still thinking about what just happened.

I still feel kind of guilty for lying to her, even if she thinks she is Applejack. But I need to find out where I am and I’m not going to believe that I’m in Ponyville, at least not without some cold, hard proof to support it.

Then another thought crossed my mind; I haven’t checked my phone since I woke up.

I took out my phone and was quite surprised to see it still worked, from what my phone clock told me it was Sunday, and it was only just after one in the afternoon.

Ok, calm down for just a sec. If this place is really Sweet Apple Acres, it would mean that Ponyville is somewhere around here. But is it really Sweet Apples Acres? I started walking down the dirt road and up a hill. At the top, I saw a town and from that from this distance looked like any modern town you might just come across. I started to walk towards it in no real hurry.

Yep. That’s Ponyville, alright.

20 minutes later . . .

I finally managed to get to the town.

Feeling hungry, tired and still feeling a bit tipsy from the night before, I decided to sit down on a bench that I saw nearby.

Once I sat down and put my satchel next to me, I had a look at the town from where I sat; I didn’t see anything that I recognized from anywhere that I knew of.

I guess it’s not Ponyville after all, and weirdly enough I’m a little disappointed about that I thought to myself.

Speaking of which, I hadn’t been paying any attention to any of the townspeople as I was walking into town, looking at them now, I did notice that most of the people here did have different color hair.
And by different, I mean hair colors you wouldn’t normally see, unless that person was emo, goth, in costume or something else.

I also notice that most of the buildings I saw were either shops, houses or both with the shop on the ground floor and apartments on the next floor.

But even from what I could see I still didn’t have any information on where I am, but I decided to stay on the bench for a few more minutes to get some of my energy back from all the running and walking I did earlier.

After about 15 minutes or so of sitting down and relaxing, I got up and started to stretch for a bit, when out of nowhere a woman shouted “WATCH OUT!”

But it was too late, before I could even turn my head to see what was coming, I was hit on the right side of my body by someone or something, but it didn’t matter as I was launched about 10 feet in the other direction and hit the ground with enough force to knock the wind out of me.

Still on the ground, I rolled over onto my back and tried to sit up.

I started to feel dizzy, and the most I could do was tilt my head up to see what hit me.

If I had been hit by a bike or anything else like that, I would have felt the metal when it hit me, so I was guessing that I was either tackled by someone, or someone was running pretty fast, didn’t see me and then crashed into me.

After another minute or two I was able to sit up and see who hit me.

However before I could even get a look, a young woman quickly ran over to me and stood over me.

“Sorry, but I did tell you to watch out.” She said jokingly.

I was still feeling dizzy from being crashed into, but I swear that this woman’s hair was rainbow-colored.

“Hey, you alright?” she asked me.

“I’ll live.” I groaned.

The woman with the rainbow hair offered me her arm to help me get to my feet.

After I got back on my feet, I had a good look at this woman.

Besides her medium length hair, she wore a light blue sleeveless sports top, and light blue sports track pants with matching colored joggers.

I also noticed what looked like a tattoo on her left arm near her shoulder; after seeing what the tattoo was, my eyes went wide as if I had seen a big-ass spider on my wall.

No, she can’t be Rainbow Dash, she just can’t be! I thought.

But the woman saw my face.

“Hey, you alright, man?” she asked me in a questioning tone.

I knew I had to play dumb and lie again.

However before I could say anything to her, some music started playing somewhere.

I started to look around to see where it was coming from, and was praying that it was not my phone ringing. However after listening to the song for a bit, I realised it sounded similar to mine, but it wasn’t my ringtone, it was hers.

She pulled out her phone and answered. “Hey Applejack what’s up? Yeah I just got held up, some guy just crashed into me.”

I was quite shocked by the fact that this woman was blaming me for crashing into her when it was the other way around, and secondly, she has a phone on her?!.

Which left me to think about what other technology was available here, seeing how the last thing I want is to have my laptop taken apart; after I finish up here I should look at the shops in terms of what technology is here and what is not.

Wait a minute, why am I even thinking about this, for all I could know I could still be in my universe, not the MLP universe, and that the people I met so far could be just a bit sick in the head like I thought before, god this is giving me a headache I thought as I realize that I zoned out again and had not been listening to the phone conversation going on next to me.

Hopefully the both of them don’t mention me at all, I thought to myself.

She then got up, put her phone away back in her pocket and turned to me. “Sorry to leave ya hanging like this, but I've got to fly!” she then started running down the road heading that I had been walking on, leading back towards the Apple farm.

I let out a sigh of relief, “Thank god, if that woman started to fly around I don’t think my mind could have taken it." I said quietly, but before I could turn around to start walking again, I was gobsmacked by what happen next.

As that woman was running down the road, she jumped forward, launching herself from the ground, and up into the air.

If that wasn’t enough, I thought I saw large very light cerulean wings on her back, but the thing was that the wings looked like they were transparent, not solid.

Did I see her wings before? Shit, I can’t remember, why can’t I remember?! I thought to myself but at the same time my jaw dropped after seeing what happened.

I dropped down on the bench still in shock at what I had seen, and all I could say was “That was Rainbow Dash, and she was flying which means... Oh sweet tap-dancing Christ, I can’t be...” I said quietly out loud while I put my hands on my head, almost ripping my hair out.

This can’t be happening, I must have lost my mind or something, I can’t be in Equestria, there is no way I am here, it’s impossible! I thought, luckily keeping my mouth shut.

I spent the next 15 minutes sitting on that bench trying to figure out what to do next, as I took deep, long breaths to try and calm myself down and going over my options.

After a few more minutes, I only had one option left that might just work.

I’ve got to go and see Twilight, see if she will help me or even better yet, get her to talk to Celestia to help me out. I thought as I got up from the bench with my satchel and started walking around town to find Twilight’s library.

:

Author's Note:

Hey, this is the re-edit of the first chapter.

Ok, now is the time to tell me what you thought about this chapter.

Other then that, any other questions you have just leave them in the comments below and I'll answer them when I can.

- Mr.Scribe