• Published 28th Apr 2018
  • 5,826 Views, 135 Comments

And if I don't belong... - RejectOwl



Twilight feels defeated. Thanks to dreamwalking, Luna discovers the facade Twilight has built.

  • ...
23
 135
 5,826

Nightmares Resurface

Author's Note:

trigger warning for sexual assault, though, by this point is that even really necessary?

Twilight pouted.

"Twilight, you need your sleep, please." Fluttershy pleaded.

"Fine fine. Everyone treating me like a filly again." Twilight grumbled and slammed the book shut and trotted to her new bed.

Twilight had to admit, the bed was awfully comfortable. Nuzzling into the soft blankets Twilight sighed deeply and attempted to clear her mind, lately it was the only way she could fall asleep.

"Here." Fluttershy said gently, presenting Twilight with a cup of hot tea.

"Oh, thank you Fluttershy."

"It's really nothing, get some sleep Twilight." Fluttershy said gently.

Finishing her tea, Twilight yawned deeply. Okay, maybe Fluttershy was right...


Twilight poked her head up at the sound, a bang?

Stretching, Twilight went to investigate, if something had randomly fallen from the wall she'd have to fix it.

"Hey Twily, I came to visit."

Her blood ran cold and she peeked around the door to her room.

Her brother stood in the hallway, looking happy.

"I-Uh..." Twilight stepped out, wondering how much he knew. He'd been banished along with her parents, hadn't he? So how was he now standing in Cantlerlot castle?

"Fluttershy!" Twilight screamed.

"Oh she went out," Shining Armour smiled. "She told me to look after you."

".....Fluttershy wouldn't do that." Twilight assured herself, shaking now.

"Oh, but she would." A wicked grin spread on his muzzle. "Seems she only decided to take care of you because Princess Luna ordered her too. She didn't actually want you and your broken filth anywhere near her."

"No... that's not true." Twilight insisted beginning to cry.

She tried to run away, but something stopped her. Her eyes snapped open to see Shining Armour standing over her, pinning her down.

"No! Please! No!" She screamed. "Please big brother! Don't do this!"

"Your pleading is actually quite arousing." He hissed in her ear.

"Twilight."

"Please," She choked. "Don't."

"I think I will anyway," he spat. "This is what you get for opening your filthy whore mouth."

His hoof roamed over her body and she flinched, why couldn't she just stop him?

"Twilight! Please!"

"No! Don't do this Shining!" Twilight screamed as she shot out of her bed.

"Twilight. It's okay, it was just a nightmare." Luna whispered.

"Princess Luna!" Twilight exclaimed, "what are you doing here?"

"I believe the proper term is "mother", "mom" and "mommy" are also acceptable." Luna said gently.

Oh.

"I was having nightmares?" Twilight asked.

"Terrors to be more precise, I cannot exactly stop those." Luna said angrily.

And the nightmare came back to Twilight, and she started to cry.

"He said I was broken." She sniffled.

"You are not broken Twilight Sparkle!" Luna said angrily. "You are a very hurt filly who went through far too much. You are not broken."

"But no one will ever want to be with me." Twilight sniffed. "I'm not a virgin." She spat the last word with venom.

"Yes, you are." Luna answered. "It is not something anyone can take from you Twilight. You must give it willingly."

"You think so?" Twilight asked.

"I know so." Luna nodded.

"When do you think the nightmares will stop?" Twilight asked nuzzling into Luna's chest fur.

"They will become less frequent as you face these demons head on, I think." Luna responded. "They will probably temporarily be more frequent as you face these memories in therapy though, and I will do what I can to make you comfortable Twilight, my little lavender lamb."

Twilight giggled at the pet name.

"You do not mind pet names, do you?" Luna asked.

"Well, you're my mother. Isn't it a job description to come up with embarrassing pet names?"

"You find it embarrassing?" Luna questioned, not wanting to upset Twilight.

"No! I like it... just.. maybe keep it between us?"

"Will do." Luna smiled. "Now do you think you can go back to sleep Lamb?"

"Yeah, if you stay here." Twilight answered and snuggled into her mothers soft blue fur.

"I will always stay when you need me Twilight." Luna assured her and gave her a small nuzzle.