• Published 28th Apr 2018
  • 5,826 Views, 135 Comments

And if I don't belong... - RejectOwl



Twilight feels defeated. Thanks to dreamwalking, Luna discovers the facade Twilight has built.

  • ...
23
 135
 5,826

Sleepover

Twilight ran all around the room, gathering blankets and pillows, making sure to pick the extra fluffy ones.

"Twilight, really?" Spike asked.

"Yes, really! Oh I hope my friends like Pearl Shine!" She exclaimed.

"Well Pinkie at least likes everyone, so no worries there." Spike said. "You sure you're feeling up to this?"

"Not at all Spike, not at all." Twilight sighed with a small laugh. "But I really like my new friend, and I really hope she likes my other friends otherwise I'll never be able to hang out with her once I go back to Ponyville!"

"Twilight, you're doing it again." Spike remarked, munching on his crystal apple.

"Doing what?" She asked.

"That thing where you make up the absolute worst scenario that would never actually happen. Even if the sleepover is a disaster, you can still come here to Canterlot and visit!"

"Right." Twilight looked down in embarrassment.

A knock at the door and Twilight squealed in surprise. "Oh they're here! They're here! They're here!"

Twilight flung open the door "Hey girls it's been too lo-Oh! Pearl!"

"You seem surprised. Was this not the day of the "super spectacular sleepover"?" Pearl asked.

"No! It is! I just expected my friends!" Twilight said with a smile.

"Oh..." Pearl looked down and slowly walked in.

"Did I say somethi-shit! No! Wait! I'm sorry Pearl! I didn't mean we aren't friends! I meant I thought my friends from Ponyville would be here before you!" Twilight tapped her hooves together nervously.

"Oh-Oh of course!" Pearl laughed nervously. "I mean we are friends right?"

"Of course!" Twilight smiled. "You're a pretty nice mare."

Pretty, and nice. Twilight thought to herself and shook her head at the thought, no she shouldn't even think of relationships right now. Pearl was very pretty though Twilight had to admit, her pale white coat was carefully groomed today, and her blonde mane was put into dual braids, along with her tail being in a singular braid.

"Twilight? Who's this?" Luna asked entering the room.

"Princess Luna!" Pearl bowed deeply shaking slightly. "Oh my Faust. What are you doing he-I'm in the castle, of course you're here, wait... Twilight, why do you live in the castle, are you a royal guard?"

"Oh... horseapples." Twilight muttered.

"Did you not tell your friend our relationship?" Luna teased.

"Are you dating Princess Luna?" Pearl yelled.

"NO! NO NO NO!" Twilight yelled. "Oh my Faust! She's only been my mother for a few months but ewwww."

"......mother?" Pearl asked in shock. "Months? But you're like 20!"

"She adopted me. Officially. Since my birth family is terrible, and no I'm not discussing it right now."

"Oooh. Are they why you freaked out when I asked to call you Tw- that nickname?" Pearl asked.

Twilight flinched and nodded.

"Oh. I'm so sorry Twilight, I'll make sure I never use it. And hey, if you ever want to talk about it, I know we've only known each other like a week, but I'll be here. I like you Twilight Sparkle. If there's anything else I should avoid calling you feel free to tell me!"

Twilight nodded.

"Yeah, I had some... pretty bad family problems awhile back, Luna found out and took me in and then surprised me with adoption papers can you believe that?" Twilight squealed the last bit, still excited.

"Oh wow. Princess Luna, you're much nicer than I thought. Not that I thought you weren't nice! I just thought you were like, all official and stuffy! Like the other nobles! You know they all think they're all hoity toity and abov-" This time Pearl literally shoved her hoof in her mouth.

"Imgoanfsshupnaw." Pearl said through the hoof still in her mouth.

"Pardon?" Luna asked.

"I said, I'm gonna shut up now." She mumbled turning bright red.

"Awww Mom you embarrassed my friend!" Twilight cried dramatically. "Out! Out! Out!"

"Oh no!" Luna exclaimed. "How ever shall you survive this social embarrassment?!"

Twilight burst out laughing and then pulled Luna into a hug.

"So, embarrass my filly, check. I'm doing fairly well on this whole motherhood thing, don't you think Twilight?" Luna smiled and nuzzled the top of Twilight's head.

"You are." Twilight laughed. "Now, don't get mad but get out of my room mom! God! We need privacy!" Twilight joked.

"Alright alright. If you need anything just call for me." Luna smiled and trotted out.

"Twilight!" A familiar, excited, voice yelled.

"Pinkie!" Twilight exclaimed and hugged the pink mare and looked beyond her to the rest of her friends. "Oh! You're all here!"

A group hug was then had.

"Oh! Right!" Twilight said as she separated herself from her friends.

"Guys, this is Pearl Shine, she's a friend I made while staying here in Canterlot! She prefers just Pearl though. Pearl these are my friends, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy." Twilight introduced everyone, pointing to everyone in turn.

"So you're the famous Rainbow Dash who caused that explosion!" Pearl smiled widely.

"The one and only!" Rainbow Dash puffed out her chest.

"No! Pearl! Don't feed her ego! You don't know what will happen!" Pinkie exclaimed dramatically.

"Uh... are you always this... um..." Pearl trailed off.

"Yes." Rainbow Dash said flatly. "She's Pinkie Pie, if you lived in Ponyville you'd learn to just get used to Pinkie breaking the laws of physics on a regular occasion."

Pearl stared at Pinkie Pie, slight fear in her eyes.

"So! Sleepover!" Rainbow cheered.

A pillow slammed into Rainbow Dash's face.

"Hey!" Rainbow pouted. "No fair Pinkie Pie!"

"All's fair in love and war!" Pinkie yelled and began to whip pillows through the air.

"Duck and cover!" Twilight yelled.

Several pillow fights, mugs of hot cocoa, and helpings of Pinkie Pie's "Super Spectacular Sleepover Strudel" later, and all seven mares were soon fast asleep, sprawled out on the floor in various odd positions.

Pearl Shine was resting her head on Twilight's flank, Pinkie Pie using Rainbow's wing as a pillow, and Fluttershy, Applejack and Rarity sprawled out on the large blanket Twilight had brought in.

Luna smiled as she flitted through the pony's dreams, Twilight especially, was happily dreaming. Luna breathed a sigh of relief as she exited Twilight's dream, pleased that her daughter was finally truly beginning to recover after all that had happened to her.